Reign Spoilers

Reign Star Previews Mary's Next Chapter, Laments Bash's 'Bummer' Exit

After a four-month hiatus, Reign returns to The CW on Monday (8/7c) to wrap up its third season — and to bid farewell to a fan-favorite character.

“It’s a bummer, but Bash doesn’t have a lot of traction in Scotland,” Adelaide Kane tells TVLine of Torrance Coombs’ character, who won’t be back for Season 4. “His storyline soon will come to its conclusion, and his character has other avenues to explore that might not necessarily be on screen.

Kane adds, “Torrance also has a lot of exciting things happening for him career-wise, rather than working two days a week on our show. I’m so happy for him, and I’m going to miss him. It’s bittersweet when someone who’s been with you for the whole journey goes on to do their own bigger, better things.”

Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like Mary will have too much time to plan Bash’s going-away… bash… as she’ll be a little preoccupied playing her own Game of Thrones.

“Mary’s main focus is just getting back to Scotland and trying to re-establish her power in her homeland,” Kane explains. “She’s attempting to take over as a queen in a country she hasn’t been to since she was six years old. She’s really finding her footing back in Scotland.”

And as difficult as it may be to see old friends and locations disappear, Kane wants fans to remember that — historically speaking — this is only the beginning of Mary’s story.

“It’s a whole new chapter, a whole new country and a whole new court,” she says. “There will be new friends and new enemies. We’re gearing up for some really big storylines in Season 4. Mary’s life didn’t even really start until she got to Scotland; that’s when things really kicked off for her. France was a lovely interlude, but it was only a small part of her life.”

As if all of the above wasn’t enough, “She’ll also have to make the difficult decision of who to marry next,” Kane teases. (No spoilers! I haven’t finished the book.)

Your hopes for the rest of Season 3? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. James says:

Excited to see Adelaide Kane interacting with John Barrowman. It’s gonna be like a full-on Outlander prequel set 2 centuries before Claire ever met Jamie.

2. Im excited to see Scotland and what’s next Mary but do miss Francis and will miss Bash-I loved both of their relationship with Mary and thier bromance plus they were serious eye candy.

3. Shaun says:

Hopefully after she’s done this stinker she can return to Teen Wolf.

4. OljaK says:

I am very excited for the rest of season 3 and after reading this even more for season 4. Will be awesome!

5. Jeri says:

The originals are scattered and/or leaving rapidly. Hope it gets better. Bash will be sorely missed,

6. ninergrl6 says:

I’m SO excited for the return of Reign and its 4th season with the transition to Scotland, but I’ll miss Bash terribly. He is the one French character that I thought could easily make the move to Scotland. 1) He’s not real so there’s no history to follow. 2) As an illegitimate son, he has no obligation to stay in France and maintain the monarchy. I agree with Adelaide that he’s being wasted, but Bash could have accompanied his (former) bff Mary to Scotland for moral support and security with the potential for more romantic intrigue. Oh well. Best of luck to Torrance and to Reign without him.

7. Dannelle Sakrison says:

I’m going to miss bash, but, Mary and Queen Katherine have some new dillemas that are so intriguing !! What a show! Love everything about it.

8. Television says:

I love this show, so I don’t care how it continues, as long as it DOES continue. Look forward to more seasons of Reign.

9. Renata Vasquez says:

I hope Mary finds a good strong husband that they can be in love like Francis and her were.

10. Tamalyn says:

The show is great fun, but some historical accuracy might be nice.

11. Paula says:

I’m really gonna miss Bash, too. I just hope they don’t kill him off so that he can come back once in awhile.

12. tsevca says:

“And as difficult as it may be to see old friends and locations disappear, Kane wants fans to remember that — historically speaking — this is only the beginning of Mary’s story…
    …Mary’s life didn’t even really start until she got to Scotland; that’s when things really kicked off for her. France was a lovely interlude, but it was only a small part of her life.”
    FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS THAT.

13. Pat says:

I love the show and can’t wait to see Mary grow as queen of Scotland. She’s the reason I watch the show.

14. Krissy says:

Without Bash. I’m done watching this show.

15. Lynn Hutchinson says:

Reigh has been one of the best TV shows I have seen in my 40 years on this Earth I certainly hope there’s a season 5 as they follow Mary threw her reign in Scotland.
    This has actually gotten my 8 year old grandson interested in history now if that doesn’t say a television show is good I don’t know what does