Michelle Obama NCIS

TVLine Items: FLOTUS Visits NCIS, Angie Tribeca Return Date and More

Recent speculation about an upcoming NCIS episode was (politically) correct.

Confirming what was reported earlier this month, CBS announced Thursday that First Lady Michelle Obama will make a guest appearance on the procedural’s May 3 installment.

In the episode — which centers on a 14-year-old who foils a home invasion — FLOTUS will welcome Gibbs and the wife of a Marine (played by 24‘s Reiko Aylesworth) to the White House for a roundtable about Joining Forces, the real-life initiative that calls on Americans to provide support for service members, veterans and their families.

Check out a photo from the First Lady’s guest spot, which was filmed on location inside 1600 Penn:

Michelle Obama NCIS

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Season 2 of the TBS comedy Angie Tribeca will premiere Monday, June 6. Guest stars for the sophomore run include James Franco (11.22.63), Noah Wyle (Falling Skies), Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live), Danny Pudi (Community) and Busy Philipps (Cougar Town).

* CBS will air two more colorized episodes of I Love Lucy — “Lucy Visits Grauman’s” and “Lucy and John Wayne” — in a one-hour special on Sunday, May 22, at 8/7c.

* IFC has ordered a seven-episode second season of Documentary Now!, its parody docuseries from Seth Meyers, Fred Armisen and Bill Hader.

* A marathon of all seven seasons of Parks and Recreation will air on Esquire, beginning this Friday, April 22, at 7 am ET.

1. Pat says:

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden have been strong advocates for our veterans. This will be quite befitting for her to do a guest spot on NCIS promoting Joining Forces and I applaud her for this.

• Leia says:

Thank goodness a reasonable comment to start out, politics be darned she and Dr Biden started the foundation, it deserves exposure.

2. galler says:

Documentary NOW! season 2 was ordered last summer, along with season 3.

3. Mr. Smith says:

Won’t be watching.

4. csg says:

Interesting photo: First Lady looks welcoming; Harmon looks as if someone is holding a gun on him. Were the producers afraid of upsetting their core audience with a moment of courtesy in this White House?

• Solomon says:

Yeah Harmon is looking a little bit formal – But should he slouching and staring up at the ceiling – lol – It’s just one picture :)

• Paige says:

Uhh… That is a Gibb’s stance. The First Lady is herself in this episode and Harmon plays Gibbs-since apparantly forgot about his character.

5. sadtonyfan says:

While I like Michelle Obama, I doubt that I’ll tune in. I’ve read that Tony isn’t in this episode and I’m beyond tired of the noble Gibbs Show.

6. JWA says:

I’m disgusted and thoroughly disappointed. To intimate the first intruder and the POS we call POTUS care one little bit about our men and women in uniform is as much a piece of fiction as this show in which she appeared. I have been a loyal fan since season 1 episode 1. The appearance of her and listening to the garbage coming out of her mouth has caused me to turn NCIS off, never to be watched again. I was wondering how they were going to keep the show going without Tony, but now I don’t care. This goes beyond the pale. In the words of Laura Ingraham. “Shut Up And Sing”. This show is supposed to be entertainment not a political platform. Shame on you!

7. I don’t look for political favoritism in my TV selections. NCIS has been my favorite for years. I’m really disappointed that you went there. Will have to reevaluate.