Exclusive
Humans Carrie-Anne Moss

Humans Season 2: Carrie-Anne Moss and Sam Palladio Joining Cast

A pair of familiar looking Humans are boarding the sci-fi drama’s Season 2 cast.

Jessica JonesCarrie-Anne Moss and Nashville‘s Sam Palladio have joined the acclaimed AMC series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

'Strange Magic' film screening, New York, America - 17 Jan 2015Moss will play the series-regular role of Dr. Athena Morrow, a pre-eminent Artificial Intelligence expert who is driven by her own motives to create a new kind of machine consciousness. Palladio, meanwhile, takes on the recurring role of Ed, a struggling café owner trying to breathe life into his family business.

Production on Humans‘ 8-episode second season is currently underway and will continue through summer, and is not expected to interfere with Moss and Palladio’s respective first-position jobs on Jessica Jones and Nashville (both of which are currently on hiatus).

Prison Break‘s Marshall Allman is also set to appear in Season 2 as Milo Khoury, a young Silicon Valley billionaire, founder and CEO of a leading technology company.

Here’s the official Season 2 logline:

The second season picks up several months after the events of season one, with Niska still at large and in possession of the consciousness code. Her synth family, Mia, Leo and Max, unaware of her location, are each trying to find their place in the world while Joe and Laura attempt to mend their marriage. As unconfirmed reports of synths behaving inexplicably surface, the ripple effects of one simple yet seismic decision sees the past return dramatically and surprisingly to the door of the Hawkins house. Joe, Laura and the entire family are faced with a difficult choice that will put the family under an intense spotlight. As an emerging form of intelligent life – the synths – and an established one – humanity – fight for their places in the world, a thrilling multi-stranded narrative evolves which continues to ask: who has the right to determine what it means to be alive?

Humans is slated to return in 2017.

1. Ded says:

C-AM, great addition to a great series

2. Ken says:

2017, that is a bit far off considering the first season was last summer.

• Brian says:

While it airs on AMC in America, it is probably technically a British show (it debuted there first). Those often have 18+ months between seasons with shows like Peaky Blinders, The Fall, and Broadchurch as examples of recent shows with a huge gap between seasons.

• Mark Barringet says:

Technically, it’s filmed in the Uk and most of the actors are British and that makes it a British series. It’s a masterpiece and doesn’t waste viewers time with gratuitous sex, violence and over-orchestrated action scenes and mindless gun battles. It’s cerebral and thought-provoking.

• Lazy unemployment self-loathing American says:

I’m an American. This makes me angry! I, too, thought it was highly thought provoking. I need sex and violence in my television shows to achieve maximums satiety. Bang! Sexy! See, isn’t that better? Now please pass the bucket of calories, I need more stimulation else my short attention span makes me hey there’s a squirrel!

3. Kate says:

I loved this show so much, I am tempted to watch it again and maybe I won’t hate Laura in the beginning as much as I did or will I be even more frustrated with her because I know what happens when she just admits the truth about everything. That it happens when we start to figure out Mia, well, it explains how…okay this is hard without revealing details about spoilers.

4. Amy says:

Does this mean Palladio will get to use his real accent?

5. iHeart says:

I’m guessing that it’s probably not good news for Nashville (but then again the season finale says that Scarlette and Gunnar contemplate breaking up the group or something like that)

6. mooshki says:

I continue to be disappointed your stories don’t refer to her as: “Models Inc.’s Carrie-Anne Moss.”

7. Jimmy says:

Carrie-Anne Moss was fantastic in Jessica Jones. She reminds me a lot of Robin Wright from House of Cards, does anyone else find that too?

8. Tat2LuvGirl says:

So pleased with the return & additions!

9. Chaal says:

will i be able to stream this from my ClurmWeb CHATbook? I have only had this program or computer for about 3 days and I’m not sure how to access my programs (television)

10. Wishful to think we could keep a good show around says:

Very happy to see this show isn’t being cancelled. FYI AMC not everyone has time to watch the show. These days in time people are watching multiple shows and all of them go on the DVR where after we get done working 24/6 we actually rest and watch all our shows.
    Stop cancelling shows cause people arnt watching right when you tell them too.