Disney Channel Original Movies

Disney Channel to Air Every Original Movie Ever (!), From A to Zenon

Johnny Tsunami. Halloweentown. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century.

If those titles mean anything to you, you’re going to want to read on.

In celebration of its 100th original movie — an upcoming reimagining of the 1987 comedy Adventures in Babysitting — Disney Channel will air every single one of its original flicks from May through June.

The nostalgia trip will kick off Memorial Day Weekend, with a marathon of the 51 most popular DCOMs, and will continue throughout the next month with every other original film presented at various times. The marathon schedule is below:

FRIDAY, MAY 27
10 am – Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama
11:20 am – Read It and Weep
12:55 pm – Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
2:40 pm. – Jump In!
4:15 pm – Lemonade Mouth
6:15 pm – Zapped
8 pm – High School Musical 2
9:55 pm – The Cheetah Girls 2
11:45 pm – Zenon the Zequel
1:25 am – Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge
2:55 am – Twitches Too
4:25 am – Alley Cats Strike!

SATURDAY, MAY 28

6:15 pm – Camp Rock
8 pm – Descendants
10:05 pm – Teen Beach Movie
11:55 pm – Cadet Kelly
1:50 am. – The Cheetah Girls
3:35 am – Johnny Tsunami

In addition to the Disney Channel app and Video On Demand, all 100 movies will be available for sale throughout the summer via iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play.

Which DCOM (or 10) are you most looking forward to revisiting? Drop all your excitement in a comment below.

1. sntindall says:

well now I wish I had cable

2. DawnElicia says:

I really hope they show Color of Friendship. That was a great movie. Glad you can also buy it.

3. Luli says:

do you know if this, by any chance, will apply to disney latin america (mexico, to be more specific) ??

4. I can’t wait for this although the scheduling’s confused me a lot. AND WHERE’S THE FAMOUS JETT JACKSON MOVIE?

5. Matt C. says:

Um, hello? Where is Phantom of the Megaplex? Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire? The Ultimate Christmas Present?!

6. iHeart says:

oh I hope this will be on disney channel canada too.

7. Alex says:

I’m dying. This is such a smart move – especially having them be available for purchase! My 90s and 00s self is freaking out… Zetus Lapetus!

8. Steve F. says:

Man… why does Disney have to show Johnny Tsunami at 3 in the morning (especially as that’s the only Lee Thompson Young appearance in the marathon)? At least they’ve got the Kim Possible movie going!

9. Mikaela says:

Why on earth are all the good ones on at like 2am?

10. Tracey P says:

Lemonade Mouth my favorite! Too bad they were unable to coordinate a part two. My oldest to youngest kid spans 17 years apart I think I have seen every movie and lived through each crazy phase.

11. John NYC says:

Hmmm, time to add that external drive to the TiVo!

12. Beckers0505 says:

Why are they not showing movies that are in a series together?! That bugs me! Also, they missed some great great movies!!!

13. NP says:

Disappointed- thought they meant every one ever – there’s definitely older ones not on that list

14. Et al. says:

I’m afraid they are only considering the movies made after 1997 when the ‘DCOM’ banner started being used. If so, we won’t see any of my generation’s movies. That stinks. If love to see Not Quite Human, Double Switch, Parent Trap 3, and Mr. Boogedy (just to name a few).

• BrightLight says:

ITA! When I first saw this I was all excited because I thought I’d finally get to rewatch “Goodbye Miss 4th of July”. That’s the first movie I ever watched on the Disney Channel.

• OMG I totally forgot about Not Quite Human! I loved those movies when I was a kid. I was already lamenting the fact that Susie Q is too “old” to be included in the marathon, and now I’m even more disappointed…

• Greg Cantin says:

Since 1997! CRAP! I was expecting to see some of my favorites from the 1950s.

15. lrdslvrhnd says:

You’d think they’d air the series in order, rather than randomly, all over the place, and backwards.

• T H says:

Seriously. I can’t think of a single rational reason to air sequels before originals and on separate nights. Did the scheduler find it to hard to decide a natural order because there were so many and just right them down in the order they pulled the names out of a hat?

16. modwildtv says:

They’re not even airing them in order. WTF?

17. Saku says:

WHY are they playing sequel out of order! Everything on friday is #2, and the originals are not se tot air until monday? how did that make any sense

18. Annie says:

Umm…Wish Apon a Star, My Date with the Presidents Daughter, Suzie Q? Clearly they forgot about all the classics

• Kaliera says:

None of those are Disney Channel Original Movies (no matter what Wikipedia says). Wish Upon a Star was an acquired film made by Columbia TriStar Pictures with distribution owned by Warner Brothers) the channel just aired a lot. My Date with the President’s Daughter was made for the Magical World of Disney on ABC and Suzie Q was an acquired co-production made before the 1996 DCOM brand.

19. Jeff Maher says:

PHANTOM OF THE MEGAPLEX!!!!

20. Joey Padron says:

Glad they’ll be airing old classic movies again! Bummer they skip out on other movies.

21. J says:

What about Model Behaviour? That was a DCOM…..

• Beckers0505 says:

What about genius?! luck of the Irish?!?! What was the one about dirt bikes?!? My kids race dirt bikes, would love to show them that movie!

• James says:

Motocrossed is the one with dirt bikes and is on the marathon list. I’m sure they’ll show the other two during June as part of the 49 movies not mentioned here.

• Guest05 says:

No, it was it wasn’t. :)

• Lynne says:

Model Behavior is not a dcom. It originally aired on abc’s wonderful world of Disney on saturday or sunday nights back then and then on Disney a few times after that.

22. GraceM says:

How about on DVD? I own both Twitches movies and all four Halloweentown movies on DVD.

I want all three Zenon movies, Johnny Senami, Double Teamed and Right on Track.

• Jamie says:

Yeah I want DVD’s as some of the classics also. I’m wondering why they won’t do that. I’m thinking there afraid they won’t make a good amount of movie. If not I’m wondering if we can request the movies.

23. GraceM says:

I also own Cadet Kelly on DVD.

24. Susan says:

Would love to see My Date With the President’ s Daughter!

25. Lynne says:

I’m really excited for this! Though I already have some of these burned on dvd when they’ve aired before, I have missed a few that, at the time, I didn’t have an interest in but want to give them a shot this time around.

26. Will says:

I’m actually really excited for Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook-Off! Haven’t seen that in yeaaaars..

27. Matt says:

There are some great movies not on list (LifeSize, Gotta Kick It Up, Stepsister From Planet Weird, Phantom of Megaplex, Don’t Look Under The Bed, etc) but as long as they play them at some point I’ll be happy… however how the heck did Lizzie McGuire Movies not make this list… Inconceivable

28. TAB says:

I’m more excited about the movies finally being available for purchase. I hope they really do put all of them up for sale. I haven’t seen some of these in 10 or 15 years.

29. Alexander Miley says:

This isn’t the full list of Disney Channel movies. Disney refuses to acknowledge the existence of Susie Q from the late 90s, starring Amy Jo Johnson and Shelley Long. Why? I’ve heard it has something to do with a brief scene of teenage drinking and smoking. Whatever the reason, it’s ABSOLUTELY infuriating! It remains one of my all-time favorite movies. But you can’t fight city hall, so it will remained locked away until it disintegrates.

30. BirdieWolf says:

Where is Got to Kick it Up?

31. Hiii says:

Where is luck of the Irish??????

32. SAMANTHA GUADALUPE GALVAN says:

I LIKE SHOPKINS AND IT WILL BE AN HONOR TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE SIGN SAMANTHA

33. SAMANTHA GUADALUPE GALVAN says:

I love shopkins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Jamie Stickney says:

Love this! I just wish they would bring my favorites to DVD. Like the thirteenth year, pixel perfect, moms got a date with a vampire, under wraps, go figure, and the zenon movies. I bet I’m not the only one who wants that either.

35. Jamie says:

Heres a disney site to request movies we want on DVD.

36. Jalia Thomas says:

I am most excited about Descendants it is so awesome.With some of the villains and well not villians from Disney princess stories like maleficent,the evil Queen,Jafar,and Carela Deavil.Descendants is so surprising every time I watch it I find out something different about it.I just love the songs and how a Disney villians daughter ends up falling in love with a prince.Then her and her evil friends end up becoming nice.It is so amazing and unique I don’t know what I would do without Descendants. That what movie I like.