Still Star-Crossed Cast

Still Star-Crossed: ABC Pilot Casts Danish Actress as Juliet

Spoiler alert: Juliet dies at the end of Romeo & Juliet.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s say a (brief) hello to Danish actress Clara Rugaard, who will portray one of Shakespeare’s most famous lovers in the pilot of ABC’s Romeo & Juliet sequel Still Star-Crossed, our sister site Deadline reports.

Based on 2013 novel by Melinda Taub, Shondaland’s Still Star-Crossed documents the rocky relationship between the Capulet and Montague families in the wake of Romeo and Juliet’s deaths; Rugaard, along with a yet-to-be-cast Romeo, will appear as a guest star in the pilot.

Rugaard joins previously announced cast members Lashana Lynch as Rosaline, Wade Briggs (Home and Away) as Benvolio, Zuleikha Robinson (The Following) as Lady Capulet, Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Lord Capulet, Grant Bowler (Defiance) as Lord Montague, Torrance Coombs (Reign) as Paris and Ebonée Noel (Eye Candy) as Livia.

Are you hoping that Still Star-Crossed makes it to series? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. The Beach says:

Well, I guess it does away with the need of a season end cliffhanger. :-)

2. Daya says:

At first I was confused, but then I realized that maybe it was supposed to be like NBC’s “AD”, where they started off with Jesus dying and then continued the story.

I was about to say that I wondered if the feud would continue in the episodes following, but what kind of show would it be if the Montagues and the Capulets didn’t continue to go at each other?

3. Esgrant says:

Having just finished teaching Romeo and Juliet, Paris doesn’t make it through to the end of the play. Interesting choice.

4. Other Meredith says:

I’ve read the book this show will be based on, and I liked it a lot. But I also don’t see how they’ll make a show out of it.

5. Karen says:

Anything that brings me Anthony Stewart Head is a good thing.

6. Allison Hunt says:

I’m so excited about the story line of Still Star Crossed. I’m patiently and eagerly waiting it’s air date. Of course I found out about it when as a fan of Torrance Combs and the CWs Reign, was losing Sebastian I had to find out why! My beloved favorite series has slowly picked off all the fans favorite characters, which has now led to its unwanted demise after the fourth season. Sadly and reluctantly I will bid Farwell. But I have Still Star Crossed to greatly look forward too. However I must ask as your show grows and new cast members are needed. Please! Please! Take a look at Toby Regbo’s portrayal of King Francis on the series Reign. He is truly a great and talented actor with so many levels. We fans of course loved how is portrayal of deeply true and unconditional love were some our most favorite moments. But in his several interviews I’ve seen he is such a funny and witty cast mate that certainly brought some fun and laughter to a busy day on set. Just ask his former cast mate, Torrance Combs who did a fabulous portrayal of his older bastard brother. Please I urge you to seek him out when you seek to add a new male member to your cast.