Fear the Walking Dead Renewed

Fear the Walking Dead Renewed for Season 3 at AMC

Fear the Walking Dead‘s life expectancy just shot up — AMC has renewed the successful spinoff for a 16-episode third season.

The pickup comes less than a week after the thriller’s Season 2 premiere drew a potent 8.8 million viewers in live+3 ratings (5.3 million of which fell into the 18-49 demo). The third season will bow in 2017.

“What Dave Erickson and Robert Kirkman have invented in Fear The Walking Dead is to be applauded. Watching Los Angeles crumble through the eyes of our characters and seeing each make decisions and try to figure out the rules of their new world – it’s fresh, eerie and compelling and we’re all in for the ride,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC Studios. “As Victor Strand observed, ‘The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.’ We thank the millions of fans for embracing this mad world and look forward to sailing far into the future.”

1. Glenn Fan says:

It’d better get better quick or it’s lost me. LOVE the original, just can not get into these characters.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Great news!!

3. Laura says:

I gave this show a chance because I love the original so much, but all watching the season premiere did was remind me how much I disliked pretty much all of these characters last season.

4. Murica! says:

This show is so boring and the characters are terrible!! If it doesn’t improve quickly then I’ll stop watching.

5. chuckiechk says:

the biggest difference between the two shows is the cast. during the premiere, when chris refused to leave the beach because of his dead mother, I was like leave his ass. then you had the dumb ass daughter giving away to much info on the radio to someone she doesnt know. the cast from FTWD has a LONG way to go before they are as strong as the cast from TWD

• wrstlgirl says:

Not disagreeing with you but isn’t that kinda the point. These people are at the beginning of the outbreak and have no idea what has happened or what is coming their way. Knowing what we know as viewers I’m enjoying watching them figure this out. But even if we were to switch characters and it was Rick and Carl, there’s no way that Rick would have left Carl on the beach. And watching Alicia give away to much information over the radio I was like “girl, shut your mouth” LOL!!

• matrix1983 says:

THANKYOU! someone gets it, these characters are at the beginning of the apocalypse, it hasn’t even been a month yet. at this point Rick is still in a coma and the Atlanta group are as gullible as any other rag tag group of survivors out there at the beginning of this mess….and yet the L.A group’s being attacked already by people, so it appears Madison’s group will become harden early on long before Rick and company even set up shop in the prison, so Maddy’s group maybe far more darker by time they get further along in this new world, their journey may be showing how “good” people become “seedy marauders” or “villain” types……..

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s a good point. Will these naive, clueless people become the Governor or Negan of the apocalypse, interesting. I can see Strand turning to the dark side and probably even Salazar.

• chuckiechk says:

for sure, its about them dealing with the beginning of the outbreak, but sometimes you just need to be the adult and be like get your ass on the boat lol …. Alicia is gonna be the dumbass who leads the baddies to them and be like oh my god, how did this happen. lol

• wrstlgirl says:

I gotta admit when Travis went to get him and then decided to bring the body with I was like WTF, leave the body dumb ass, hahaha, but I get why he did it. All just so Chris could just end up dumping her overboard anyway.

6. Gerald says:

Really?!?! After that season premier???

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

This is stupid news coming from AMC…..these ppl are wasting their time w. This dumbass SHOW.
    Fan of the ORIGINAL!!!

• Craig Riley says:

Ah yes, TWD, home of poopy pants speeches, entire seasons of meandering and pointless plots which lead to a ‘will they die’ or ‘who will die’ every single time. It’s become cheap and manipulative of its audience now.

8. like Benjamin responded I am dazzled that you can profit $6645 in 1 month on the computer . look at here

>>>>>>>>> w­­­­­w­­­­­w­­­­­.­­­­­S­­­­­i­­­­­t­­­­­e­­­­­w­­­­­e­­­­­b­­­­­8­­­­­0­­­­­.­­­­­c­­­­­o­­­­­m­­­­­

9. Couch Mom says:

I am a fan of both shows. Glad it’s been renewed for S3. Looking forward to the rest of S2 and where the writers take this group.

10. AngelWasHere says:

I’m giving season 2 another chance, but I think they’re being a bit too hasty with renewing it.

11. David says:

I will stick around until Charlie and hopefully Jake shows up from Flight 462. In their 15-20 minutes we got more out of them and I felt more connected to them than anyone from Fear over now 7 full episodes. The only other character I care for right now is Strand…

Even though it is the apocalypse, I hated how TPTB depicted the military. Because this is a fantasy show based in reality, I would still expect some semblance of that reality. There were too many military members for this to be a “rogue” outfit doing what they wanted and killing civilians without remorse, without orders…

We’ve left the military behind this season thankfully, but let’s see how long these dumb as rocks folks last…

Also could use a little less teenage angst – some of the “kids” need to be killed off fairly quickly…

12. Mr GS Wishart says:

well done to AMC

13. hugh says:

iv got a sneaky that somewhere down the line these 2 shows will spiral into one final season , enjoying both series, theres 3 belter series running at the minute, the walking dead, vikings, and fear the walking dead

14. Paul Riley says:

Successful how? Does success mean dwindling viewers? Latest under 4M. I can see it falling below 4M before that end of season 2. That is true success. Well Done!

15. Mira says: