Exclusive
Zoo Season 2 Joanne Kelly

Zoo Adds Warehouse 13's Joanne Kelly

Having survived some (really) wild adventures at Warehouse 13, Joanne Kelly will next brave (very) wild animals on CBS’ Zoo.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress has landed the recurring Season 2 role of Allison, the Deputy Secretary of Defense who is actively seeking a solution to the animal crisis… and who shares a surprising history with Mitch (played by Billy Burke).

An adaptation of the James Patterson novel, Zoo was renewed back in October after emerging as last summer’s most watched scripted series (averaging 6.4 million weekly viewers). Season 2 will bow Tuesday, June 28 at 9 pm, with a two-hour premiere in which the danger escalates as the animal mutation moves to Phase 2, and they begin attacking infrastructure and creating deadly environmental phenomena in a bid to make the planet uninhabitable.

Kelly’s previous TV credits also include Hostages, Vanished, The Dresden Files and Slings and Arrows.

Want scoop on any summer shows? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. John Jacob says:

I loved her in Warehouse 13.

2. Jason says:

Looking forward to seeing her on something again. Zoo is certainly a fun show, just like Warehouse (though a bit more serious). One thing I hope they do this year is let the humans retaliate a little more. I love animals as much as anybody, but if they’re trying to kill me I’m going to shoot them in the face. On this show everybody basically just throws up their hands and yells “run away”. It would be like nobody ever actually killing a zombie on walking dead.

3. sunshine says:

This was supposed to be a summer event and then they decided to make it into a series. I’ve watched some of the summer event shows simply because I knew they’d finish even though they may not be something I’d normally watch. I’m doubtful that Zoo will get the same number of viewers as a series, I know I have no interest in it after they left us with a cliff hanger at the end instead of a finale.

• drb999 says:

Wrong. This show was never meant to last one season. The producer have a plan for 5 seasons. It’s limited in that it only has 13 episodes and not limited to just one season.

4. Avinash says:

I am glad it got renewed for season 2 because I really enjoyed season 1, but I am worried that the quality of the series might diminish down the road like a couple of shows from CBS’s past summer schedule have already done do.

I like the summer schedule from all of the major networks (still missing Who dun it).

5. lechatnoir says:

Her trout pout is distracting as hell.i find it difficult to read her lips. Its always as if she is being close captionned. Non mi piace !

6. Marko says:

It would great if they also put Jaime Murray on that show

7. Zoe says:

“Surprising history”. Now, I’ve never even heard of this show, but I’ll definitely watch for Joanne Kelly. However, if this history she shares with that guy has anything whatsoever to do with romance, that’s not surprising in the least. That’s the least surprising storyline on TV ever. Truly surprising would be if they were… siblings, or actual platonic best friends from high school, or literally anything but heterosexual romance. Surprise me, Zoo! *PLEASE.* I mean it.