Chicago Med Casts Jeff Hephner

Chicago Med Recruits Jeff Hephner's Fire Character as New [Spoiler]

Chicago Med is bringing back a familiar franchise player as the hospital’s newest addition.

Jeff Hephner will reprise his Chicago Fire role as Jeff Clarke on the medical drama — but he’s no longer a firefighter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Hephner appears in the Season 1 finale, in which viewers will learn that Clarke went back to school and is now a fourth-year med student rotating through the emergency department. He will return for multiple episodes in Season 2.

Hephner recurred on Season 2 of Fire before his character transferred to another firehouse. The actor went on to star in TNT’s short-lived Agent X and recently had an arc on CBS’ own ER-set series, Code Black.

Fans of all things Chicago, are you tickled by this piece of crossover casting?

1. wrstlgirl says:

I was hoping he’d end up back on Fire but Med? As a fourth year medical student? So did he first go to med school then decide to be a firefighter then go back to med school, that’s the only way this makes sense or am I missing something. Anyways, glad to have him back in some form.

2. Dominique says:

this is awesome! i really liked the character back on CF but it was obvious they didn’t really know what to do with him, especially as a certain other character was ALSO joining the fire department.
    i’m glad they brought him back for CMed!

3. Bwhit says:

Keep him permanently please! I loved Clarke on Fire and this is interesting way to bring him back.

4. Emmy says:

Yes! I always loved him! Hoped he would pop back up on fire. But this works too!!

5. Nicole Walker says:

This show’s cup runneth over with all the fine, studly doctors in the mix. Interesting for him to be a nontraditional 4th year. He’s got a lot of life experience over the usual 4th year and history with Fire. Looking forward to how he’ll fit in. He’ll either unite Rhodes and Halstead in mutual dislike or befriend one to the consternation of the other, LOL. Can’t wait.

6. Cassie says:

Great news! I loved Clarke on Fire so it’s nice to have him back!

7. Imzadi says:

Great, I really missed him on Chicago Fire.

8. bj says:

Yaaahhhh! Glad to see him back. I liked him in CF and I loved him in Agent X.

9. Dusti says:

Oh my goodness, YES, I’m excited! Love the “Chicago” franchise programs, love the very talented Jeff Hephner, and loved his “Jeff Clarke” character. So very happy he will now be a doctor!

10. em chicago says:

Awesome, this is exactly what I hoped they’d end up doing with Mills when they ran out of stories for him on Fire, glad they did it for someone.

11. Lululimon says:

That’s great news. I’m half expecting to hear Scott Rice went back to law school and will now be on Chicago Justice.

12. S says:

So now if they just write Torrey DeVito out we’d be all set…

13. Cy says:

Love Jeff Hephner..so him in any Chicago things….m looking forward to

14. pbp says:

YES!!! Saw him on Fire, Agent X & Med. Liked him on all those shows. He’s entirely tooo cute to not be on some show.

15. Betty says:

Chicago is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The saddest part is Oliver Platts role what a waste of a great actor, and does he ever wash his hair? I removed it from my dvr it is so poorly acted

16. Sherry Falcone says:

I am so Ecstatic! I ❤ Hephner in Chicago🔥as Lt. Clarke! I am so Excited he is coming back as Dr.Clarke on Chicago Meds! It is beyond my hopes and dreams! This is going to be Phenomenal!

17. Nancy says:

THRILLED that Jeff is coming back BUT I hope that he will realize that medicine is not for him and he returns to CHICAGO FIRE. :)

18. SJ says:

Yeah, can’t wait to see Jeff in action. Loved him on agent x.

19. Theresa Edge says:

So glad to see Jeff back on one of the Chicago shows. I thought Agent X was awesome but I guess not enough of us did. Saw him on Code Black but like him better on Chicago Med!!!

20. Tracey says: