New Girl Renewed

New Girl Renewed for Season 6

The New Girl gang just got another reason to celebrate at Schmidt and Cece’s impending nuptials: Fox on Tuesday announced that the comedy will return for a sixth season!

“Every network comedy should aspire to what Liz Meriwether is achieving in New Girl, with its bravura dialogue, inventive and witty performances by the talented cast and emotionally engaging storytelling,” Fox president David Madden said in a statement. “The series is as creatively strong today as it ever was, we want to congratulate New Girl on reaching its milestone 100th episode and we can’t wait for the next subversive and hilarious chapter of these characters’ lives.”

New Girl shook things up in its fifth season, bringing in Megan Fox for five episodes as a pinch hitter for Zooey Deschanel, who was on maternity leave. New episodes currently air Tuesdays at 8/7c.

Your thoughts on New Girl‘s Season 6 renewal? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. kmw says:

Knew this was coming and happy for their fans

2. LE says:

I’m glad it’s coming back,this has been a really strong season for the show specially the episodes with Megan Fox’s Regan, hope they bring her back as regular or at least for another arc next season.

• ABG says:

She’s apparently pregnant which is great for her but bad news for New Girl getting her back.

• LE says:

Yeah I’ve just read the news as soon as I finished my comment LOL. But I hope they can bring her back at least for a couple of episodes… Unless she films TMNT 3.

3. Max says:

As long as they don’t attempt to put Nick and Jess back together, I’ll keep watching.

4. sarah t says:

I’m mixed on this. I think this season has been stronger but this show moved out of my “must watch” category long ago. Kind of hope that S6 is it.

5. The Kaibosh says:

They should write in Megan Fox’s pregnancy and have her come back next season with a baby bump… surprise Nick!

• Kevin W. says:

Well that would be hoot, and it would happen just as Nick & Jess rekindled things at The Cece Schmidt wedding.

6. Boiler says:

Great news!!!

7. Joey Padron says:

Great news! This season been good so far.

8. Nero tTVFiddler says:

Good news.

I did read where there had been talks about trying to get a 2-year renewal deal done, and perhaps that is what slowed things up? Instead, it looks like a one year. That’s good, but I wonder if the cast is itching to get moving onto new things? I’m assuming FOX was happy to try to get a longer term deal done, and it was the cast who said ‘no’?

9. Ella says:

Still can’t believe this is being renewed and Happy Endings was cancelled.

• Whatever happened to Happy Endings? Oh, that's right. Darn. says:

Yes, I have sad late breaking news for everyone: New Girl has been renewed, and Happy Endings was canceled. Also, Modern Family has been renewed, and Happy Endings was canceled.

Let me check something… yes, 2 Broke Girls was renewed, and Happy Endings was canceled. In fact, The Goldbergs was renewed, as was Superstore. Happy Endings? Canceled.

Middle, Blackish, TBBT, Fresh Off the Boat, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Last Man Earth, Mom, all renewed. Happy Endings? Well, you get the idea.

Have a nice day.

• Patrick says:

HE was ok. It wasn’t this epically good show. It was better than most of what is out there today. That said, its stars and writers were the most smug a-holes about this show. They openly through around comparisons to Friends. And it wasn’t that. Again, it was OK.

10. Abi says:

YESSSS!!!!

11. Rafael says:

Even if Zooey recently returned to this show as a real-life mother, then I can predict that season 6 should be this show’s final season without a doubt.

12. Sims says:

Hi TVLine, who do I talk to about getting Meriwether to keep Dr Sam around permanently? Thanks.

13. Alex says:

Cant wait for season 6, show is awsome

14. B says:

I’ll watch either way, but I’m really hoping for Nick and Jess, if they take it slow again but do it right this time, keep the spark alive!🔥 Pumped for season 6