Gotham Ratings

Ratings: Gotham Slips to New Lows

Fox’s already-renewed Gotham this Monday night drew 3.7 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating (per finals), ticking down to series lows (with albeit a very eventful episode). Recently renewed Lucifer (3.4 mil/1.1) in turn hit season lows.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (12.5 mil/2.0) rose 5 and 18 percent, hitting a demo high for the season; Castle (6.43 mil/1.1) was steady in the demo.

CBS | Supergirl (6.1 mil/1.3) dropped sharply from its Flash-boosted outing (7.2 mil/1.7), tying its demo low. Scorpion (8.6 mil/1.6) was steady, while NCIS: LA (8.2 mil/1.3) inched up a tenth.

NBC | The Voice (10.4 mil/2.3) was down sharply from its previous two live playoff kickoffs (11 mil/2.9, 12 mil/3.2). Blindspot (5.5 mil/1.4) ticked up from last week’s demo low.

THE CW | With Cubs baseball subtracted out, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (770K/0.2) dipped a precious tenth while Jane the Virgin (930K/0.4) was steady.

1. David says:

Supergirl I think is also down because it was pre empted as well. I had Bernie Sanders on my TV and Not Supergirl

2. kmw says:

Too bad for Gotham and Lucifer, I wish they were doing better. At least Blindspot went up a bit and Castle is steady and their HH numbers are up.

3. Shannan says:

Just curious, how much of a bump does Supergirl get with DVR Playback factored in? I really love it, I want to see it renewed. I just think it is a really poor fit on CBS. It’s never going to get the monster ratings their procedurals and/or sitcoms do.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

SUPERGIRL’s live average (7.9 million/1.7) grows +30%/+47% (to 10.3 mil/2.5) with Live+7 DVR playback, ranking 4th in the demo among CBS dramas.

• dan says:

CBS will renew Supergirl. It gets good buzz and gives them a younger demo (my teenaged daughter loves it and she isn’t a comic or superhero fan).

• DavidJ says:

Well it looks like the last time time it was at 1.3, it jumped up to 2.0 with Live+7…. but the question is whether that’s really enough for a huge network like CBS…

4. Erin B says:

“Lucifier” was a repeat which I think is worth mentioning. It wasn’t a new episode.

5. RichCD says:

This does not bode well for Supergirl. Maybe CBS will do a deal with Warner Bros. to keep it alive on CBS All-Access, next to the new Star Trek.

6. Boiler says:

Nice for Castle. Again a bubble show outperforming those already renewed on ABC. I know this one may be about contracts but viewership on the rise.!!!

7. Dennis says:

Any chance CBS will cancel Supergirl and The CW will (obviously) pick it up?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The CW cannot afford it, is has been made clear in interviews.

• Mike says:

But its not in danger at all is it ?

• Dennis says:

Thanks Matt. I guess I figured since CBS essentially owns The CW (with, what I hear, they have more of a say then even Warner Bros. does), that Supergirl would be safe either way bc and The CW would pick it up… But if they can’t afford it, hmmm… Anyways, good info Matt, thanks!!

• No.Czw passed on it before CBzs got it ,saying it was too exspensive and they don’t want all genre/superhero shows.Plus Czw renewed 11 shows,will Likley pick up 3 new shows and only programs 10 hours ,they don’t have room for SG and are gonna have a hard time fitting everything in as is

8. kirads09 says:

Gotham – “albeit a very eventful episode” – Truth! Soooo much happened. I thought it was a FANTASTIC episode. Too bad it didn’t do better ratings wise.

I know cable ratings are much further out but Better Call Saul last night. WOW. Just wow.
    Putting my honorable mentions for Michael McKean and Rhea Seehorn already NOW for Performers of the Week. Both simply amazing.

• wrstlgirl says:

I haven’t watched last night’s ep yet but Better Call Saul is hitting out of the park with Mike’s story arc. Breaking Bad in it’s early years is friggin awesome!! Then you add in Jimmy and his shenanigans and you have a home run.

• JM says:

Yes, I loved the Gotham episode. Will miss Ed ‘The Riddler’ though.

9. Dave says:

Ashley Johnson for Performer of the Week

10. wrstlgirl says:

Gotham was excellent last night. One of my favorite episodes of the series.

11. Gerald says:

Gotham was so good last night. I presume their numbers go up a fair bit with DVR +7.
    Supergirl (I missed the first half thanks to Bernie) ended on a cliff hanger. I didn’t know next week will be the finale

12. Larc says:

People who usually watch Gotham but didn’t last night will be bummed when they hear how eventful it was. One of the most satisfying episodes of the season, IMO.

13. James D says:

nice to see Castle bouncing back a little. I thought Gotham 2A was much stronger than 2B still watching it but it certainly isn’t keeping my attention like the first half did. too bad for Lucifer hope it rebounds Tom Ellis is delightful and I always look forward to watching it each week. I’ve got similar feelings towards Blindspot as I do Gotham. 1A was far stronger. I think Jane’s arc in 1B is kind of dopey and forced just for the sake of adding some extra drama, maybe it’s just me.

14. Tracy says:

As soon as a show kills a dog i stop watching, Gotham! Nice way to add to your losing ratings!

15. alan rodriguez says:

im sik of been as gordon.. hes just another thing who acts all tough and i cringe wenever hess on screen.. my od thats one of the most important chaarcters in gotham… i cant belive they choose this jackass for the role becasue all he ever does is play a thug.. i hate him so much.. i hope they get sumbody else… this show is terrible.. the cast is not bad.. robin is spot on and thats the prob wih ben.. hes not just an actor.. jesh y cant plp see that.. supergirl? dont even get me started on that farmer sweeet lady role.. wrong choice… bens a nice guy in real ife.. respect hom for bring like that but the dude cant act!!!

16. Casey Fehl says:

Gotham needs to do better, I love this show so much and I don’t want it to get cancelled