Teen Wolf's Arden Cho Not Returning for Season 6 — Watch Announcement

Kira Yukimura is extending her trip into the desert.

Arden Cho on Monday revealed (via an emotional YouTube video) that she won’t be returning for Teen Wolf‘s upcoming sixth season.

“I just want to say I love Kira Yukimura so much,” she says in the video. “I love the Yukimura family. I loved my experience on Teen Wolf. I love the cast and crew, it’s been an amazing three-and-a-half years. It’s gone by so fast, but unfortunately, it looks like we are wrapped up with Kira’s storyline and she won’t be coming back for Season 6.”

TVLine spoke with showrunner Jeff Davis following the Season 5 finale, at which point he said, “There are some big changes coming to the show next season; you’ll have to wait and see the fate of Kira.” (I guess the wait is over.)

Watch Cho’s announcement video above, then drop a comment below: Will you miss Kira on Teen Wolf?

1. pablo says:

i think the showrunner will not be very pleased about this news…
    She was quite a boring character, i do like her mom and dad tough.

2. Walter says:

Good. Arden is a fantastic actress who has been consistently under-utilized. Kira’s storyline has always been shoehorned into the show or else left neglected like she was in the vast majority of season 5. It’s the reason I’ve decided to quit the show. They writers bring in fantastic talent, but then they don’t give them anything to do.

3. Ella says:

Bummer! I loved Kira and Arden Cho. :-(

4. Riana says:

I’m thinking Allison’s going to be revived.

• Sienna says:

I think so, too. Well, I think they’re bringing Crystal Reed back, but maybe not as Allison. I kind of figured that after the Marie Jean episode, but I didn’t expect them to let go of Kira because of it. I agree with others that Arden was way underutilized, and I’m really sad to see her go.

5. nadialus says:

Arden did what she could with what she had but she never got the storylines and growth she deserved. I do hope this means that they’re bringing Allison back. I know Crystal said she’d be open to coming back and the show lost a lot of magic when she left. If she came back i’d definitely start watching the show again. Though it does seem like it might be ending soon.

• lechatnoir says:

People of colour get no love on that show. They are either bystanders or mere snacks to white guys ( fact ) . They brought in tons of bland white fellas but couldn’t flesh out the only semi-regular person of colour. Geeze in 2016 .

• e. says:

You are aware the lead is a person of color right? Like the main character of the show?

• stilesvoid666 says:

TYLER POSEY IS HALF MEXICAN, COLOR, SEX, ORIENTATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING, GAWD I CANT STAND SOME OF THE COMMENTS ABOUT HOW COLOR AND THINGS IS THE REASON BEHIND THE STORY JEFF IS GAY, TYLER IS HALF MEXICAN, DR. DEATON IS BLACK AND HE IS STILL ON THE SHOW , SO IS HIS SISTER SOMETIMES, AND YES IM HALF BLACK AND HALF WHITE DONT SAY COLOR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BECAUSE IF SO DEATON WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED OFF AND SCOTT WOULD HAVE BEEN CAST AS A WHITE GUY.UGHHH

• Jo says:

What about the beast and the now black actor who was him and still is a regular in the series fool!

6. Brock says:

There seems to be something very wrong behind the scenes at this show. Every season an actor jump ship in mysterious circumstances without their characters’ storyline unresolved. I don’t tend to let behind the scenes drama influence my viewing of a show, but it’s getting to the point where the show is being affected by all these departures.

• MAS says:

I agree with all points. Are the actors unhappy? Are the show writers clueless? They can’t seem to align the story and actors they need to tell it.

• Miranda says:

Probably. Jeff Davis seems to be under the assumption that we want a Teen Wolf 2.0, with the younger cast moving up to be main characters. But – and I know my one person viewership doesn’t mean much – once either Scott, Stiles, or Lydia are gone, I am done. Particularly Scott and/or Stiles. If either of them leave, the show would just not be the show.
        I would really like to know where they get the idea that we can’t continue on with the main leads. Just because it’s called Teen Wolf? Smallville went on long after it left Smallville and moved to Metropolis. Cougar Town very briefly was actually about an older woman going for younger men. Shows can go beyond the titles.

• Fiona says:

MTV is kinda small potatoes. This is a lot of young talent and I’m sure they’re all chomping at the bit to grow their careers. There doesn’t need to be anything nefarious going on.

• e. says:

I’m not sure that’s the case. The actors “jumping ship” usually do so because they can get better and bigger jobs. The fact that Dylan O’Brien has stuck with the show despite legitimately becoming a Hollywood leading man and star of his own franchise seems to speak to how dedicated the cast is to the show. Crystal Reed tested the waters and found that she wasn’t as wanted a commodity as she thought she was and may well be returning to the show.

Tyler Hoechlin left the show because he was in high demand and is now cast as a lead actor in the Fifty Shades franchise. That’s huge for a cable television actor. The fact that so many actors stay on when their stories are mostly told (Tyler Hoechlin, Ian Bohen, and Ryan Kelley to name a few) seems to point at the opposite.

At the end of the day Teen Wolf is a tremendously successful show for a network that had had no success in scripted television and has launched a number of careers. There’s no question that they are dealing with a smaller budget than you would find on most other major cable stations let alone network (let alone the HBO’s, Showtime’s, and Starz of the world). The fact that O’Brien, Posey, and Holland remain on the show at this point really points to the positive nature of the gig not the negative.

• Claudia says:

Crystal Reed watched as the fandom of her own show created a social media campaigned to kill off her character (but I know everyone likes to selectively forget that #KillAllison ever happened). Saying she left purely to “test the waters” is a bit of disservice.

• Lizzie says:

Ditto. If you’ve ever seen any interview with the whole cast or follow them on social media you would know that they get along so good and are so open to the world of Teen Wolf, through conventions and such. So I don’t think they left on bad terms I think they just want bigger experiences. Jeff Davies said that Tyler wanted to do movies because he loved the experience but they would take him back in a heart beat. Colton wanted to do more as well. So saying writers don’t want to deal with people is crazy. But come on who are we kidding Kyra’s storyline was done after season 3b, she made sense that season but after that she kind of floated around, also think it had to do with Arden’s weird tour schedule.

• Michelle says:

Teen Wolf is the show that was once good but is now dragging because they replace good characters with boring ones. As well as it seems like after 3A, the storylines just were not good. While it’s annoying seeing another WOC leave the show just like that, she’s better off because this show’s plug should have been pulled long ago.

7. SassyAF28 says:

yeah kinda figured she was becoming the laurel lance of tw

8. nate says:

Damn it’s been that long? Doesn’t even seem like it.

9. SassyAF28 says:

she was also brought on as allison’s replacement and jeff said in an interview that he was going to kill her off after s3 if crystal hadn’t asked to leave

10. i’m not at all saddened by this
    Arden is i’m sure a great person & i wish her the best but kira was not a good character imo & her fight choreography was the absolutely worst part of her

11. Hipper says:

Fired. I’m only sad about this because that means there’ll be more of Liam and the mini-gang.

12. A M says:

Good for Arden, honestly. The character’s been around for that long and yet never got the material or development she deserved. It’s a shame because there was a lot of potential there. Best of luck to her, I’m glad she’s free to pursue other opportunities now

13. B.R says:

I miss her already. This isn’t fair. She can’t leave!!!!!

14. Ari says:

I used to love this show but they need to just cancel it and move on. Every year more and more actors drop it or get dropped with little to no explanation as to where their formerly integral characters have gone. There is something seriously wrong behind the scenes. They either treat their actors poorly or have major story management issues. MTV should just cut their losses and move on.

15. Miranda says:

Too many characters? Yeah, because they’re trying to focus on the younger ones when I doubt more than a minority actually want that over the originals like Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and all the ones that have gone. Liam was great as a supporting character, but I don’t need his character in depth or focused on. And his girlfriend can leave too.
    The original cast were such great actors, but the acting of the newer ones have made the show have less quality than it used to.
    I like Arden Cho, Kira has had her moments, but I don’t think she was ever developed well enough – particularly given that she was brought in to take over for Allison as a romantic interest for Scott. If they’d developed her better and apart from that (because I don’t really feel the chemistry between them, especially given how much there was between Tyler Posey and Crystal Reed) she definitely could’ve been a bad ass character. Romantic interest is not enough of a character outline; she needed more to her.
    But I am sad to see her go, she’s certainly better than most of the season five newbies, and focusing on Liam even.

16. Dominique says:

teen wolf is so stupid for doing this to their actors.
    arden is a wonderful actress and kira is such a fun character. but they were trying their utter best last season to involve her as little as possible.
    i hope arden goes on to find amazing projects and leave this show behind.

17. Spu says:

Does that mean Kira is going to be killed off? Won’t there at least be a death scene? Or are we just going to hear Kira died in the desert and that’s it?

18. CCarolinee says:

too bad. They basically didn’t do anything with that Kitsune. NO more Kira means no more TW for me. It’s not just that she was my favorite character but this show has become so predictable and disappointing and preposterous. I watch it and I’m like, is this meant for 12 year olds, it’s so predictable and funny. I hate it and I really annoys me!

19. e. says:

This is probably a very good thing for the show. Its has cast growth bloat and needs to trim down. Ideally they should bring back Allison (through magic / whatever). The chemistry was far better and the core four Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and Allison were pretty magical together. Bring them back together and send this show off right (before it becomes middle-aged wolf).

Also, please… no Nazis. It really is the ultimate sign of a showrunner running out of ideas. There is so much richness the show hasn’t touched upon (undeath?).

20. Raelynn D. says:

tbh i never really liked kira (sure arden is great) but i just think that her storyline did not fit at all. I also think that the original cast will slowly leave as the show is called TEEN wolf, and the original cast soon won’t be teens anymore, because scott, stiles, lydia etc. will be going off to college and start a life. That’s probably why they brought in liam, mason, hayden etc. as a replacement. I like liam, but only as a side character. I don’t really like hayden or mason either because they just, I can’t really explain it, they’re just kinda lame. No offense to the actors though because they are great. It’s just their characters aren’t very “cool”?

21. Geo says:

I kind of liked Kira, but the showrunners should keep going and cut back even more of the newer characters. Last season, there were too many characters and it felt like a lot of them either didn’t have much to do or got put in confusing or under-developed storylines.

Get back as much as possible to the original core characters and work toward making next season more cohesive and less scattered.

22. Gerald says:

Sad for Scott’s character he lost another love interest, but I never really saw the chemistry between them.
    I just hope the 6th season is less convoluted than the 5th. More straightforward storytelling with less subplots please.

23. dancmh says:

I’d happily pink slip 2/3rds of the current cast if it meant we got Derrick back again.

24. Angus says:

Time to can this series. This year was a carbon copy of last year. Different villan not by much though. Should have cancelled after Reed left.

25. Cate says:

lemme guess. he wants to add more hunky white dudes, so the asian family has to go.

26. Alex says:

Is he crazy? Isaac was first, then Derek, after Derek was Allison and now Kira. Who is going to be next? Lydia? Stiles? Or the main character? Everything leads to a whole new story with Liam and Hayden. I really like them but still the old cast is the best. Or was. They might be next 😂😂😂

• Jess says:

True! I can already see how this series is going down. Every season is getting worse and worse. I am not even sure if I am going to watch the 6th season. After Derek was gone I was truly disappointed but now. C’mon Jeff 🙄🙄

27. teen wolf have learnt about the departure of arden cho ,one of the main actors. Its really sad for the fans. in season 3b we have known that kira is a kitsune. she inherited it from her mother and they both are the only survivors of their race. her mother lost every thing including her family and thats why kira’s father. toot the surname of her mother, her mother is 900 years old. the evolution of her powers in season 5 ,the cause of the manifestation of the spirit of the fox have a link with the dead doctors. since she is also one of their vict ims it explains why she was absent and also why she left the beacon hill. but we ask ourselves if its possible that she returns for season 6 there are a lot of things to know about her person her powers that she had to learn how to control and the cause of disappearance of their species. we know that kira is a kitsune but she is not like her mother .their powers are different. be known in part of season 6 .here are the questions ;what type of fox is kira ?,

28. JJ Yoshida says:

Okay, Allison’s coming back then.

I mean for got sakes, with the whole Marie Jean thing, saving them and now Kira leaving, her return is pretty flipping obvious. Kira’s character was badly developed, though I like her – I don’t like the move of throwing her with the SkinWalkers. I didn’t expect her to come back after they did that to be honest.

It pisses me off because the cast is so loose. You leave if you want of if your character is just ‘dropped’ and I don’t like it. Though people didn’t like Kira because she was slightly boring (because she never really got a hold of her powers tbh or, again, had much character development) and people saw her as ‘Allison’s replacement’.

But whatever, even if Allison comes back, it’d just be awkward as hell if Scott and her dated, jesus.

29. Guest says:

Even though I figured this would happen, I’m still pretty shocked with this announcement! I assumed she would stay with the skin walkers (and maybe they’ll still do this) but I was at least expecting 1 more Kira episode. Wonder if they’re going to revive Allison or if Scott will end up with Malia (since Davis said next season will be a focal point in the romantic feelings Stiles and Lydia have, Scott can’t end up with Lyds). Or if we’ll even see Scott end up with anyone before this new Teen Wolf 2.0 comes into play and Tyler, Dylan and Holland are written out of the show completely. Interesting developments for sure. Seemed Cho had other things on her plate anyway due to how many episodes she’d miss in a row was likely due to her scheduling, isn’t she a DJ or something like that? Anyway, once the main 3 core characters leave so do I! I wish Teen Wolf 2.0 all the luck though! Will still be the best show on mtv no doubt but I just don’t connect with these new kids.

30. Teajsha Mitchell says:

Why is this happening to me 😖😢 Teen wolf has been my favorite show among other shows that I watch. When I first heard the news that the show was ending I started bawling with tears LITERALLY , I felt like such a cry baby ! Then hearing that Arden won’t be returning for atleast a deserving ending just tops it all off so much worst! Her character brought somewhat of a serene moment after losing Allison and Derick. Hope to atleast see Derrick and even Allison say their final farewells to the show. This whole series has been a real roller coaster and now that I am attached to the characters and their stories it’s so hard to let go!

31. Skye says:

I love Arden Cho, but I can’t say much… Too much disappointments, anger, lost, sadness inside.. #teenwolfforever tho👆💯❤ Also nevertheless so damn thrilled peter is coming back, & stiles won’t be leaving! An hope all is well & yal don’t start talkin smack abt lydia’s leaving, then I’ll really be pissed! XO