NCIS White House Michelle Obama

NCIS Filming on Location in D.C. — With First Lady Michelle Obama?

CBS’ NCIS took a trip this week — some 2,800 miles east, to film on location in Washington, D.C. And reportedly with a very special guest star.

The Washington Post says that a photojournalist on Sunday spotted and struck up a conversation with NCIS star Mark Harmon, outside the White House. Harmon is said to have disclosed that TV’s most watched drama would be filming outside, and then inside, 1600 Pennsylvania on Monday.

Harmon reportedly also shared that First Lady Michelle Obama will be a part of one of the scenes.

A CBS spokesperson confirms for TVLine only that NCIS was in D.C. filming a scene for the current season, but offered no further details.

If the FLOTUS cameo proves true, this wouldn’t be the first time that an NCIS series has welcomed a visitor from actual D.C. circles. Most (and very) recently, the real-life director of NCIS, Andrew Traver, filmed a cameo for the March 28 episode of NCIS: Los Angeles, playing a regular old Special Agent.

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Eddie Okila says:

I am a television content writer and producer in Uganda and I am a typical follower of the NCIS SERIES right in the comfort of my living room in Kampala-Uganda. So read about NCIS Filming on Location in D.C. — With First Lady Michelle Obama and am excited to see the NCIS resumes Season 13 on Tuesday, April 19 with Episode 21, “Return to Sender.”

2. Paige says:

That’s terrific! Looking forward to the episode.

3. Brenda says:

Barf.

4. Diane says:

Brian Dietzen pretty much confirmed this in a tweet today

5. Donna says:

What a shame. I’ve always loved this show….never missed an episode. I won’t watch this one.

6. Dennis Smith, who’s directing the episode and has directed multiple episodes in the past, confirmed it on his Twitter.

7. Stan says:

OMG! Please, anyone, but her.

• wendy says:

I totally agree. Did Mark Harmon get hit in the head or is he one the over the top liberals????? This has done it for me and ncis. Done, finis. Books are better.

8. Jerry says:

1. Ziva left.
    2. Tony’s leaving.
    3. Michelle is coming.
    4. I’m leaving.

9. bella2758 says:

Anyone who don’t want to watch the show because First Lady Michelle Obama will appear on the show, then don’t watch it. And anyone do plan to watch it, watch it like I plan too.

10. Dear complainers, It’s not unprecedented for a First Lady to appear on a scripted TV show. Mrs Ford appeared on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show”. Mrs Reagan appeared on “Diff’rent Strokes”. I voted for neither of their husbands but it didn’t cause me to cease watching either of those shows.

• Leia says:

Amen to that. I’ve never read such hateful comments as I have on Facebook, since this was leaked. This is about being allowed to film in the people’s house, not who happens to reside there at the present. It’s an honor to be permitted to do this in the age of hyper security. Finally a cast member is there in DC for real.

• Paige says:

All these so called “fans” of NCIS up in arms over the First Lady making a guest appearance must have forgotten NCIS is a government run organization. Plus, both the First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden are behind “Joining Forces”, an organization that provides support to our military families. True fans of the show welcome the appearance of the First Lady and appreciate the honor given the show. It doesn’t and shouldn’t matter if the First Lady is Laura Bush or Michelle Obama.

• Cynthia Monica says:

it is known that the Obamas’ do not want any part of the military. Our military has just been cut in half in strength. So now all of a sudden they are supportive. I highly doubt it. It’s all about how much she’s getting paid.

• wendy says:

Laura HAS class and elan. THis says it all.

• k says:

oh yeah whoopdedoo!! NCIS might be a govt org but the show isnt – its TV and was really great! like they (moochele and jill) really care about the military families…..they just want to make it look good – like they’re doing something constructive other than taking extravagant vacations on OUR money!

• Art says:

I have no respect or tolerance for a flotus or potus who on a National televised event says the Pledge Of Allegiance with their left hand. Either neither of them know where the heart is or they are just disrespectful of what so many sacrificed for. Either way, I won’t watch what I assume will be a great episode. God Bless.

• BRoman says:

Yeah but that’s it, there wasn’t a barrage of appearances. They knew how to be classy First Ladies and so were their Presidents.

11. Cynthia Monica says:

Well I’m done you just ruined it for me. The first Lady should not be staring in TV shows. I don’t respect the Obamas and now will not be watching your show anymore.

12. I won’t be watching any episode with any Obama in it. They are nothing but show boats, anyways. That’s about all they’re good for.

13. k says:

ruin a great show by putting her in there……

14. Not impressed with the fact the the first lady had time to do this episode and therefore was okay with how women have been treated on this show. Tony way there for Ziva’s finale and Ziva should be there for Tony’s finale. It is only right.

15. Marie Hixon says:

It is like this …if the show runners do not have Tony and Ziva together at the end, then I am done CBS shows. The only exception is NCIS Los Angeles. Until they do stories I do not like,

16. Eleanor Shea says:

if Tony and Ziva should be together. If the network does not realize how many fans want them together then CBS is deaf,dumb and blind. The first lady should not be on any tv show while she is the first lady,

17. Cheryl Gress says:

I truly do not feel any of the first family should make TV show appearances while any president is in office. Time for Tony and Ziva to be reunited happily. That would only make sense.

18. Cheryl Gress says:

No. My family and I are tired of the First Family being on talk shows and now ncis. They should be doing official duties not pandering to the public. Right from the start Tony and Ziva had the magic. Time for these soul mates to be happily reunited.

19. M says:

What the hay has she got to do with NCIS anyway???? Keep her out of it–she is of NO IMPORTANCE!!!!

20. BRoman says:

Won’t be watching either. Done with them and their cameos and guest appearances. Late night talk shows and SNL. C’mon, way over done. This is what this presidency is going down in the history books as: Spotlight hoggers.

21. Harriet Person says:

Mrs Obama scene in NICIS was wonderful her short part was perfect in my eyes, I wonder if she would appear in TV shows like that with role to play Great Job Mrs Obama

22. Harriet Person says:

On April 15, 2016 at 9:35am some hater by the name of Wendy made a comment about Mrs Obama, look WENDY hatered will get you no where so find something else to do like get a life HATER.

23. Kathleen Turnshek says:

I saw the NCIS show last night and I thought Michelle Obama’s part fit the story. It was especially great to see her in the part instead of them just talking about the First Lady. I think our young adults now a days need to see who she is as well as others outside the drama of the election. I am not a fan of President Obama. However I admire Michelle’s dedication to her family and causes. I think she is a classy lady.👍