Exclusive
Fuller House Season 2

Fuller House Season 2: Meet Stephanie's 'Weird' New Man

DJ’s love life may have pulled the focus of Fuller House‘s first season, but when the Netflix comedy returns for round two, it’s all about finding the perfect man for Stephanie.

The show is currently casting the role of Jimmy, a “gifted singer-songwriter” who sees life “differently than the rest of the world,” TVLine has learned. He’s described as “great-looking” and “sexy,” both of which are to be expected, but he’s also a “touch on the weird side.” (Now we’re talking!)

Though we enjoyed Stephanie’s brief flirtationship with Steve Talley’s Darren, it sounds like this Jimmy fellow was tailor-made for the middle Tanner sister, who’s become something of a free spirit herself in the years since Full House ended.

A particularly emotional episode of Fuller‘s first season found Stephanie partying hard at Coachella, only to return home and reveal to her sister that she’s unable to have children.

“I didn’t want Stephanie to have children,” series creator Jeff Franklin told TVLine. “I wanted one of the three to not have kids. The backstory I created for her was that she’s a free spirit, traveling the world. She’s into her career and into having fun, and I thought this would be a really interesting aspect to that character — and touching.”

Your thoughts on Stephanie’s (potential) new man? Other hopes for Season 2? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. Kyle says:

I just can’t wait for this to come back, that’s all.

2. Will says:

Andy – will Season 2 also consist of only 13 episodes?

I wish they would give it more episodes per season, comparable to how the The Ranch is splitting their large season order (of 20 eps) with 10 now and 10 later in the year.

• 'A' Revived says:

Are they splitting it into 1A and 1B or into 2 seasons? Because they ordered 20 episodes for Degrassi: Next Class and split them into seasons 1 & 2.

3. thisismenow says:

The only thing I hope is that Season 2 premiere’s in the fall. lol

4. Shar says:

Judging by the dress I assume this is no longer a ‘family’ show?

• Mamama says:

I guess not. Even DJ wore a skimpy dress in an episode

• Big Mike says:

If she’s dressing like that, I may need to check this show out….

• bigdede says:

It’s still a family show. Just like Uncle Jesse girlfriends in the old show wore skimpy dresses, she’s wearing a semi skimpy dress. Go check out old episodes of Full House and see how Jesse’s women use to dress.

5. Jason says:

If she’s wearing that dress, she shouldn’t have much trouble finding a guy.

6. Erin says:

I think Ryan Hansen would be great!

7. Nero tTVFiddler says:

Okay, ya got me. I did stop to read this article about Fuller House. I just read the other comments from the other guys up-thread – I think we are all in agreement here, yep, that red dress did it’s job. Turned some heads. As the others have noted, if Stephanie going about her life dressed like that, she will have no trouble finding a boyfriend, and another beyond that if/when required.

Looks like Stephanie’s turn to get more story lines in Season 2 – good for her – as in any business or undertaking, you strike while the iron is hot, and it is undoubtedly quite hot. This will work in Netflix – no ABC censors to answer to anymore! Welcome to TV in 2016… this clearly is not 1990 anymore. Hello Stephanie!

• Nero tTVFiddler says:

… and also best wishes to actress Jodie Sweetin, who plays Stephanie. I don’t think any of us here want there to be the perception that we’re just a bunch of red-blooded guys treating the character of Stephanie like a pretty package in a red dress… that’s not the case, I know. There’s good acting and a nice story line (once upon a time child stars now all grown up and adult actresses) with this new version of Full House.

Hopefully Ms. Sweetin will be able to add this second chance at Full House to her acting resume and gain more experience now as an adult actress (as opposed to her prior work on the original series as a child star). The same goes for Ms. Cameron Bure and Ms. Barber. A second chance opportunity can often be far better than the first, and greatly appreciated.

All the best to Jodie and the cast of Fuller House. I was a big fan of the original show back when I (we all) were much younger. Nice to see the cast, crew and show getting another chance on Netflix, and I’m enjoying the series now that I’m an ‘old guy’ just like John Stamos!! (except not as good looking)

8. George H. says:

Boy… clothes keep getting skimpier on family rated shows, eh? Should almost be bumped up a rating for that outfit alone.

9. Amber Craid says:

Can’t wait to meet stephs new man
    I am so ready for season two!!!! This show was the best #FullerHouse #FullHouse

10. Jada says:

Stepahine is the best character on the show in my opinion, so I hope she gets more focus in season 2.

11. Eli Allen says:

That one of the Olsen twins reprise their role reoccurring as Michelle Tanner.

12. Natalia says:

I would like to see an unexpected pregnancy for Stephanie but if Jeff Franklin said no ….

13. Im sister without children and i don’t feel im missing out on anything . Im a free spirit too.

14. kenman923 says:

This is just my opinion, I think that Stephanie and Doc Matt would make a great couple. Maybe we can save that for Season 3 should there be one.

15. Britt Bass says:

It would be awesome if they got some great ACTUAL quirky/hot singer to play this new part – like a Jason Mraz type. That way the performances on the show would be really stellar. How old is she supposed to be? If Stephanie is in her 20s or even early 30s, Jesse McCartney might be good…he was hilarious on that Emily Osmett show for ABC family.