Episodes Cancelled No Season 6

Episodes' Fifth Season Will Be Its Last

Making official what a Showtime exec hinted at earlier this year, Episodes‘ upcoming fifth season will be its last, TVLine has learned.

The Matt LeBlanc-led comedy will begin production on Season 5 next week; the first table read will take place tomorrow in London, where the seven-episode season will shoot. LeBlanc won a 2012 Golden Globe for playing a fictionalized version of himself in the series.

“We have had the best time making this show,” creators David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik said in a statement. (Klarik will direct all Season 5 episodes.) “Showtime has been the opposite of every network we write about. If it were up to them we could go on making Episodes forever. But we’ve told the story we set out to tell, and we’d never want to outstay our welcome.”

Episodes‘ final season will bow sometime in 2017.

Have thoughts about Episodes being cancelled? Sound off in the comments!

1. Samui says:

That was a great series. One of the best comedies of the last few years.

2. Murica! says:

A real shame! This show is hilarious!! Stephen Mangan is the real star of this show!!. He is currently starring in Houdini and Doyle. It’s a great mystery/detective series.

3. Bill says:

Sad news. Best comedy about Hollywood since Beggars & Choosers. Since it is last season would be nice if they did at least 10 episodes.

• HAP says:

They have never done more than nine episodes, any actually just seven one year. Doesn’t exactly clog anyone’s calendar.

4. Dave says:

Oh boy I was hoping it wa coming back any week now. Here is to hoping some of other “friends” will pay a visit. This show was/is hilarious

5. Mary S says:

I must have the worst taste in tv shows in the entire nation!! Shows I’ve loved and watched and recorded have been canceled after one or two seasons or even less (Harry’s Law, Forever, Human Target, Intelligence, Surviving Jack, Growing Up Fisher, and a few others) while shows I have NEVER SEEN are lasting, season after season, after season…and are even having revivals! I never watched The Gilmore Girls, but here they are, coming back, with much hullabaloo and excitement…

6. Matt Ceccato says:

I will miss the show. But it’s best to go out on top.

7. matty says:

This is too bad. I really liked this show and would have watched it for years to come. The character of Carol was my favorite.

8. maregolden says:

I will miss this brilliant little comedy. I’m glad we will get a final season.

9. Gloria Sier says:

The only reason I will continue paying for Showtime is the upcoming last season of Episodes. Truly an A level comedy, but why is it barely noticed by anyone? Too sophisticated for American vast wasteland, dumbed-down taste is all I can figure.