Degrassi Next Class Season 2

Degrassi: Next Class Renewed for Season 2 — Find Out When It Returns

Degrassi: Next Class will continue going “there” on Netflix this summer.

The streaming service on Monday confirmed that Next Class — a continuation of Degrassi: The Next Generation, which aired Stateside on TeenNick for 14 seasons — has been renewed for a second season, dropping July 22:

Next Class‘ initial 10-episode run was released in January and concluded with a dramatic moment between Hunter, Miles and — spoiler alert — a gun! The intense finale was well-received by TVLine readers, with 62 percent giving it a big fat “A.”

Will you stay tuned for more DegrassiDrop a comment with your thoughts on Next Class‘ renewal below.

1. 'A' Revived says:

FYI, the show was always “renewed” as you say haha. It’s been known since last summer that they shot 20 episodes and that they’d split them into 2 seasons. Season 3 & 4 are currently being casted for (thanks to the casting sides being released).

2. Will says:

Are the first few seasons of Degrassi: TNG on Netflix streaming?

• 'A' Revived says:

No. They don’t have rights to that one.

• Saz says:

It seems like Bell Media in Canada still has rights to TNG, and Viacom still has rights to some of the later seasons (They’re still on US iTunes with Nick’s logo, and they air on Viacom owned channels in other countries) so they might be waiting to get the rights to all 14 seasons.

• James says:

Season 1 episodes are available on Youtube (legally).

3. ToyCannon says:

It is a shame that Netflix is not streaming the earlier seasons of Degrassi. Hopefully that will change.

• Mika says:

They need to hurry and get rights for all the older seasons and not just next generation ..I want to see junior high high school and the movie after spike and them graduated ..u know where wheels killed that kid drunk driving. I been watching this series since I was a kid..I use to own them all but lost them in storage..this is by far my favorite show..so Netflix get the rights plz

4. Christian says:

Degrassi on the 22nd and East Los High a week earlier.. I’m gonna have my fill of teen angst during the dog days of summer! =)

5. Heather says:

so it’s really not ‘renewed’ as what they call season 2 is in actuality the back end of their 20 episode order… it will be interesting to see if we GO THERE beyond that and if so will it be newcomers as I’m sure most of the cast has moved on to other projects

6. Alexia says:

I hope Maya and Zig work things out next season, even though Zig messed things up bad. I’m hoping the whole kissing – Zoe thing meant nothing.

7. Taylor says:

Have the entire junior high collection and watched degrassi the next generation which I loved the first seasons of. Stopped watching around holly and Peter era. Just wanted to say that I’ve seen a huge improvement in the new degrassi “next class” I’ve fell in love and was so excited to see the reunion but I would have much rather seen more on the previous cast membes. I felt disappointed when they weren’t the main attraction. Could have made new watchers wanna go all the way back like it did me when there was so much stuff coming back from junior high! Regardless I’m so impressed at the come back this show is making :)