Scream Season 2

Scream Season 2 Gets New Premiere Date, Killer Teaser — Watch Video

Scream is taking a stab at Mondays in its second season.

Previously scheduled to kick off Tuesday, May 31 at 10/9c, the MTV series is now going to return Monday, May 30, the network announced today.

The announcement was accompanied by a twisted 30-second teaser featuring the characters we all know and love. (Audrey is also there.)

As TVLine previously reported, the series is introducing a slew of new characters in Season 2, including overachiever Zoe (played by recording artist Kiana Lede) and another “dark and brooding” outsider named Gustavo (Silicon Valley‘s Santiago Segura).

Will you be watching Scream‘s second season this summer? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. thisismenow says:

The first season was a hot mess. But it’s nice to have new episodes of something to watch in summer. So, I’ll check it out again this year.

2. Kate says:

It was okay, if not the most carefully streamlined show and it seemed to keep changing its mind about its connection to the movie.

3. Chance says:

Not sure how my comment ended up as a reply to another comment but I’ll try this again.

Is the show still going to be on Tuesdays, just have the premiere be a night early and everything else at the originally announced date/time, or is the show moving to Mondays?

4. Ian Barber says:

The first season was so bad, but with nothing else on in the summer, I’ll probably end up watching again. I just want everyone from season 1 to die.

5. tallsy says:

The show was so bad it killed Wes Craven.

6. Steven says:

The first season was awful. Count me out.

7. datdudemurphy says:

The first season wasn’t as bad as the comments would lead you to believe…..what were you expecting from MTV?
    it wasn’t great, but it was much better than I ever expected it to be.

• Gale Weathers Riley says:

A show that was slightly more than merely “watchable because nothing else is on and I’m bored, so I guess I’ll watch Scream”.

8. TJ says:

I will agree that the pilot was horrible and the show was a hot mess at times, but by the last couple of episodes I was starting to really get into it. Like many have said, there isn’t much to watch in the summer so I will be coming back for more!

9. Gale Weathers Riley says:

If that teaser is their best effort to “tease” new viewers, they’re in real trouble. I thought the first season was okay, nothing great, and definitely had to force myself to finish the season. However, if this weak, half-a$$ed ad is representative of how season 2 will be, you can count me out…along with others like me who are on the fence about returning. And trust me when I say this show needs ALL of the viewers it can get, cos the ratings for season one were abysmal!

10. Joey Padron says:

Good teaser for new season. Can’t wait to watch season 2! Season 1 was pretty good.

11. dana griffin says:

Omg I lover season 1..it was so dam good can’t wait for season 2…gonna be awesome love Noah Audley Emma Kiernan hake and brooke…dying to see it!!

12. dana griffin says:

Some people didn’t like scream season 1 me personally thought it was good…but who am i..hoping to live season 2 like I did the first…let’s see who this killer is dammm