Daisy Lewellyn Dead

Daisy Lewellyn, Star of Bravo Reality Series Blood, Sweat & Heels, Dead at 36

Daisy Lewellyn, a former magazine editor and star of the Bravo reality series Blood, Sweat & Heels, died Friday after a multi-year battle with bile duct cancer. She was 36.

Lewellyn shared her diagnosis with the rare form of cancer during the show’s second season premiere, which aired in March 2015.

“It was kind of shocking,” she told Madame Noir that month. “But also, when I was diagnosed, I remember some of my immediate thoughts being like, ‘Well, you know what? I’m not afraid to die,'” she told the site. “It wasn’t like I wanted to die, and it wasn’t like I didn’t want to live — because I absolutely love my life, and I’ve always loved my life — but they told me it was stage three cancer. I was like, ‘Well, if it’s my time to go, I’m OK with it.'”

Prior to appearing on the show, Lewellyn had a successful career in magazines. She served as Essence‘s accessories editor from 2006 to 2007 — the magazine posted a touching tribute to the “Queen of Effortless Chic,” confirming the news of her passing — and also worked at InStyle and Glamour.

Andy Cohen, who hosted the Blood, Sweat & Heels reunions and regularly interviewed the cast, tweeted his thoughts on Lewellyn’s passing:

1. jazzyt2u says:

Oh wow, I thought she was getting better. Very sad!

• Alan Rubin says:

I was thinking the same thing. Especially during the reunion, she made it sound like things were getting better. This is really sad. She was always so positive and I thought this would help her get through it.

2. I didn’t see the show but it is so sad that a person that young and beautiful was lost to this $#$ing disease!!

3. Renee C says:

Awww Daisy! I was so hoping for a good ending to your cancer story. You were truly the brightest light of that show. Now you are shinning for the best audience a girl could ask for! RIP Daisy!

4. CRYSTAL L ZOBLISIEN says:

Cancer sucks so badly. She faced it with dignity and grace. She will be missed. :(

5. Thelma says:

I am from MS and I never got a change to meet her,but I love watching her on tv.RIH petty lady

6. WalkofLife says:

I heard that outside of US doing research about using cancer to fight cancer. but risk involve and may extend person life 10 year or more..

7. Debra says:

Like her name, she was a beautiful flower(person). RIP, you are an angel and condolences to her family and friends.

8. Kathy Urbano says:

Oh I am so sad. I watched the show and loved her on it and her energy was so inspiring. Her love for the Lord really came through as well as her faith. She had so much courage and I admired her for sharing that. She was a beautiful person inside and out. RIP Daisy Lewellyn.

9. Dee Thomas says:

What a beautiful Daisy you are, RIP.

10. Zak Mil says:

I do not watch TV nor have cable . so I do not know this young Lady nor have heard her name. But rest in Peace ( RIP)

11. Freddie Tennell says:

I watched and liked the show….Daisy was the most positive lady on the show despite her illness. I’m sure she will be missed by all that knew her. RIP Daisy!

12. Sheila says:

Poor lady. Never even knew bile duct cancer was a thing!

13. Felicia says:

So sad. This news is so shocking. Sending prayers of comfort to her family and friends.

14. Lee says:

Seriously! Those other “girlfriends” of hers should be feeling really bad/sad right now. They totally made her look like she was exaggerating her illness. Shame on them!!!!

15. Diane Boyd says:

I am just sick over this; She was a little doll. God bless.

16. JR says:

I had been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the shows return. Daisy’s presence will truly be missed. What a strong, smart and beautiful women she is. Her growth, srenghth and grace was evidence as she shared her journey with the world. Could not have been more graceful. Maybe the very reason God wanted her with him watching over her family and friends.

17. lavernegibb@hotmail.com says:

OMG ! My deepest condolences goes out to Daisy’s love ones. I am a fan of ‘Blood, Sweat & Heels’. I loved her spirit and am very sad to hear that she died. I realize that I was introduced to her on a reality show. However, I admired her and looked forward to watching the show mainly because of her persona. Rest in peace Daisy.

18. arlene kellam says:

May My family send our condolences to the family and may the find some peace during their time of such a great loss Amen !

19. arlene kellam says:

May me and my family express our condolences to the family

20. So shocked! Loved Daisy. Loved her personality. Loved her attitude. She was a good one! RIP Daisy!

21. themisses says:

She was such a beautiful breath of fresh air to watch on this show and how she opened up to us “viewers” of her battle with cancer…So precious…RIP Love…May your family and friends find comfort, healing, and strength in the love and courage you left behind with our lord and savior leading the way….God Bless

22. MonaLisa Brown says:

Gone too soon!

23. Karen Best says:

I didn’t watch the show but I am really SO over seeing bright, talented people dying so young from various cancers. WHY can’t we find cures? Is is because the drug co. will lose billions if cures are found? What a waste of a beautiful life. Very sad.

24. Gail says:

So sad,what an incredible woman,full of life and vigor,May she rest in Peace,u will be sadly missed,but u are with our Lord,making others happy.We Love u.

25. Rose says:

Daisy always showed us strength and courage on the show. I’m in tears.. RIp

26. RIP Daisy, you were very courageous!

27. Im too very shocked and brings me to tears. I meet her in new york in 2007 by accident such a beautiful and kind person. Daisy ur in my thoughts and prayers rest in peace.

28. Gloria Shaw says:

I remember her well! She was so nice to everybody…not like the others. She will be missed!

29. gloriaford101 says:

She was a nice woman who tried to be good to everyone on the show. She will be missed!

30. ladydayforever says:

My heartfelt feelings for Daisy was very positive, I can see her smiling just thinking about the show. What a warm spirit she had on the show I will miss her friendly smile especially. So sad.
    It’s very rare that you hear young people say they are not afraid to die and accept their fate. That takes faith and a lot of courage.

31. Gisela Reyes says:

One less beautiful soul has left us. My condolences to her family and true friends. You will be missed.

32. Marcy says:

I really liked Daisy. She will be missed.

33. jacasa says:

How very sad. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

34. Ami says:

Daisy, like Mary J. would say “No More Pain”.May we keep u family and friends Prayed up!!! Not sure if i can continue my favorite show….You will be missed rest easy .So beyond.com

35. Dasey, I watch your reality show on Bravo. I loved Blood Sweat and Heels. I’m so sorry that you went through so much pain and sickness, from what I could tell you are a beautiful peace loving young lady on TV. I’m sad for your parents, to be losing their child. And I’m sad that you couldn’t get the piece here on Earth, that you so richly deserve. I hope you get the piece that you so richly deserve now that you’re no longer on Earth, RIH Young Lady. IN JESUS NAME, (AMEN :

36. Pam C. says:

She was so faithful and sweet. I’m so sorry so to hear so has passed away. She is no longer in pain and is in a better place with her Lord and Savior. My condolences to her family and friends. R.I.P. Sweet Daisy.

37. Linda Cooper says:

I thought she was getting better so sad loved her smile such a happy person