Post Mortems
Baby Daddy Spoilers

Baby Daddy EP: What's Next for Danny and Riley After That Finale Bombshell?

Baby Daddy may be a comedy, but no one was laughing in the final moments of Wednesday’s spring finale — least of all Riley.

As you know from watching the episode — seriously, turn back now if you don’t want to be spoiled — Riley learned that Danny and Sam did hook up in high school, despite his previous denial that there was ever anything between them. She barely had time to process the news before declaring that their “someday” is officially gone.

Ben, meanwhile, left Sam (naked!) in the Hamptons when he realized his true feelings for Zoey. But when he finally arrived at her door to confess his love, he was greeted by an unfamiliar face: Zoey’s own baby daddy!

So, what’s next for Danny/Riley, Ben/Sam, Ben/Zoey and every other pairing imaginable — including Bonnie/Tucker? TVLine spoke with series creator Dan Berendsen for the scoop:

TVLINE | It took so long for Riley and Danny to finally get together. Why break them apart now?
We’re testing their relationship. When you head into happily-ever-after, how strong is it? Are they really meant to be? You’ll come to realize that, yes, they are. It’s the Baby Daddy version of Ross and Rachel being on a break. Like, whose side are you on in this? While Riley feels betrayed, this is something Danny did in high school when he and Riley were just friends. We’ll get some people saying, “He said he’s sorry, just move on,” and then others will say, “I’d never trust him again.” So they’ll be on a break at the beginning of the season, but I think it’s a legitimate question to ask: Where are they going? When they get through this, it’ll just make their relationship that much stronger.

TVLINE | Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but could there be more (or less) to the bedroom story than we think?
There’s a little more to it, but I think you can sort of fill in what happened in the room. Danny definitely slept with her, it wasn’t misleading.

Season 5, Episode 10 ("Homecoming and Going")

TVLINE | Sam is, for better or worse, an exciting addition to the show. Will she stick around?
Yeah. After this big blow-up, we’re going to see what happens. She’s working at the bar and living with Ben, but now she’s had this excruciatingly awkward moment with him. So we’ll see in the second half of the season if Ben and Sam might have a future together. I will say she’s probably not going to love that she’s his second choice, behind Zoey.

TVLINE | Speaking of Zoey, Riley is very supportive of her being with Ben. Why is that?
Riley looks at Zoey as the maturity that Ben needs. She thinks he needs to become a little more grown-up, though if you look at Season 1 Ben, he really has grown up a lot, especially when it comes to women. You’ll see him grow even more when we come back.

TVLINE | And will her baby daddy remain in the picture?
You will see him again in the first episode back; it’ll be pretty much a continuation of Ben having to deal with that situation.

TVLINE | I could watch a whole spinoff about Bonnie in Peru. Will she still be there when the show comes back?
[Laughs] No, she’s back in the new episodes. We’re hoping to do that if we get a sixth season, we’re hoping to do a little bit of that.

TVLINE | Bonnie joked about hooking up with Tucker this week. Have the writers ever seriously talked about something happening between those two?
We’ve had brief discussions about it, but never in a serious way. You’ll see in the summer run, there will be a full Bonnie/Tucker moment. … And you have to remember she has slept with his dad.

TVLINE | This is true. … Anything else you’d like to add?
Yes, actually. The season starts out with Riley putting Danny on trial for breaking her heart.

Speak to us, Baby Daddy fans: What’d you think of the finale’s (many) twists? Grade the episode below, then drop a comment with your full review.

1. A. D. says:

Hate Sam…love Zoey!

2. tallsy says:

I don’t have that much of a problem with the cliffhangers, I just wish we got some Danny/Riley storylines before breaking them up.

• lyla says:

I agree I feel like after they got together Riley spent most of her time helping Ben with relationship problems there werent any danny/Riley storyline
      I like Zoey but more than likely Ben isnt going to end up with her

• Wendy says:

I agree too. Breaking them up after giving them nothing but the background treatment for 10 episodes, is just lazy writing in my book. There are so many other ways of going with their relationship. Like they could of had Riley say yes to Danny’s crazy proposal and then had all the fun of a speedy marriage to deal with for one.

• veronica says:

100% agree, we waited and waited and then we really didn’t get much return. there were so many cute/alone moments from before they were a real couple. i mean i know they’ll get back together, i just hope it’s satisfying for the viewers.

• piedad says:

SOOO true! so many cute moments before they were a couple! I want to see more of Riley Falling deeply inlove with danny like he has for her over the past 4 seasons.

• josh says:

But the show it called baby daddy not Danny wheeler Just saying

3. Nick says:

I’m a grown man and I’m unashamed to admit seeing that Zoey twist broke my heart. Cute couples like Ben and Zoey don’t grow on trees, Berendsen! Here’s hoping to a return of the Beney (?) next season.

• BabyDaddyFan says:

Agreed. Ben and Zoey are my favorite couple on the show. Seeing Ben’s face broke me. I couldn’t believe that they somehow managed to break up all the couples in 5 minutes.

I hope Ben and Zoey are endgame. Zoey is the only girl aside from Riley that Ben has kept around for this long. Especially with their sweet moment last episode.

It would be unfortunate if they break up.

4. goddamn it my Diley heart has been through the ringer once again!!

5. John Jacob says:

Its a decent show but I would be lying if I said I didn’t know how the whole episode was going to play out in the first 5 minutes. They have to change it up a little bit.

6. jacque says:

I thought the season finale was great! And I hope we see a lot more of Bonnie and Brad. Those two are so funny together! Bring Brad back for a while before he goes on another exotic trip to Peru!

7. Joey Padron says:

Sad Danny and Riley broke up. Glad Ben have feels for Zoey. Not good her baby daddy is back in picture. Can’t wait to see what happens in new episodes this summer!

8. Jenny says:

This shows quality went really down this season. It used to be funnier and interesting.

9. MJ says:

I like Baby Daddy, but it is beginning to be a bit much with all the drama. When I think of other comedy shows I watch there is not this much drama because it takes away from the comedy. I was so happy they finally put Danny and Riley together only to break them up. I am about to give up on this show like I gave up on Young and Hungry.

• Southern girl says:

I agree, Young & Hungry has been piss in me off too. Together, broke up, together, broke up… come on! They weren’t even together for an episode hardly and Josh decides he has intimacy issues or whatever. I could write these shows better.

10. Lola says:

This is what I expected to happen between Ben and Zoey. He came to that conclusion all on his own. That’s why I was super frustrated with the Riley pushing angle. I still say she should’ve minded her own business. Bonnie and Tucker remain my favorite parts of the show. Sprinkle some cute Emma in and I’m all good.

11. Mariana says:

Happy danny and Riley got together but they use to have better moments together before this season :( hope they get back together least fav season.
    Not that funny

12. Leeah says:

I like Ben and Zoey, don’t really care for Sam too much tbh. Annoyed by the Diley breakup, seemed unnecessary and I wish we could have seen more of their relationship instead of the background stuff, like them adjusting to living to together or something like that.

13. Gabby says:

The season before this one we were all wondering is danny and Riyle going to get married and what about Brad and Bonnie. This season you seemed to not know what to do with the show. Come on I mean there isnt much of ben and emma. Shouldnt we see ben struggling with parent hood and not just his love life. Like Ben should be gettig Emma ready for preschool. But alls you see is Emna going to bed or at daycare. Emma isnt a baby anymore she is a toddler. Its called baby daddy for a reason right? I felt it could have been better. Hope next season is better because i truely got bored in this one.

14. Anna says:

I love how the creator just spoiled half of the resolutions of the cliffhangers, especially with Riley and Danny’s storyline. What’s the point of a finale cliffhanger if you’re just going to tell the viewers the resolution that same day?

15. Lynn says:

Hey, maybe this is a way of saying Riley and Ben are meant to be with each other…..

16. Nichole Carlson says:

I love the show, but seriously I am so near giving up on it. We waited years for Riley and Danny to get together than get nothing in the way of stories of them as a couple before ya broke them up. So much potential this season was left out.

17. Mo says:

Does anybody know what brand the blue and tan flower dress is that Riley had on in the beginning of the episode? It is super cute!

18. Webi Dereje says:

I like the twist in the finale but let it be for good

19. Caroline says:

I get that they want to put Danny and Riley’s relationship to test and show that it is worth fighting for. I just think they are doing it in such a forced way. This shouldn’t be as much of a big deal that they are making it.

20. Jaimieotterson says:

Am I the only one who,still wants Ben and Riley together lol

21. Ben and Riley belong together for ever. Danny needs a Spey they would be good together. Tucker and Bonnie may be good but not till show is over Hoping we get another 1 or 2 years more of the show great show wonderful cast favorite show.

• Pie says:

Danny has loved Riley his ENTIRE life. I like Danny and Riley. They should be together for ever. And Ben and Zoey are perfect because they both have kids and understand that being a single parent is hard and not everyone can handle that.

22. Erica Blye says:

These season been great I love this show but it just get a little aggravating because of the Danny and Ben mom like she’s makes these episode bad and a little TOO annoying like there to grown for their “mommy” to always be around I’m not saying not have her on the show but have her a little less on episodes your show will be 10x better promise

23. Jade says:

The Baby Daddy finale was awesome and I know we’re testing the relationship between Riley and Danny, but please don’t break them up. Riley and Danny are great together. Looking forward to the new season.

24. Dani says:

Danny still loves Riley he was sad of what happened

25. Jr says:

Ben and Riley back together they are so hurt leads to a one night stand and she gets pregnant come on writers give it that twist

• piedad says:

If Ben and Riley hook up. I don’t think Danny would ever get back with her. He would be broken. And if the writers actually get them to hook up and get Riley pregnant with Bens baby I WILL LEGIT THROW MY MAC OUT THE WINDOW FLY TO L.A AND FIGHT THE WRITERS.

26. Jerry says:

I still want Riley and Ben together tbh

27. Mel T. says:

I am team Riley and Danny from the beginning to the end of season 5’s last episode, so I hope they stay together to create a stronger relationship.
    Zoey and Ben have great chemistry but I see it ending in an awesome, platonic relationship.
    I hate Sam. She seemed to ruin everything. :((

28. Kahrynna says:

I live the show but breakung up Danny and Riley really hurt my Diley heart because when she gave him back the SOMEDAY necklace his face looked so heartbroken and that killed me i hope they get back together. :'( >/3

29. piedad says:

I want Danny and Riley to be together SOOOOO BAD THEY HAVE TO. Danny has only ever loved riley, I cant imagine him with any other girl no matter how many times the writers write him up a new girl. Riley needs to be the endgame!! Zoey and Ben are awesome. They’re seriously perfect for each other. And it’d be funny seeing sam with tucker. Bonnie and Brad are the best as well. But out of every couple Danny and Riley are the perfect match.

30. Beth says:

So disappointed in the show. I’ve lost interest. Wanted to see Ben and Riley be the ones to fall in love be each other’s “the one” soulmates.

31. Jessica Lynn Valure says:

Am I the only that’s happy Danny and Riley broke up I never wanted them together in the first place I still want her and Ben to end up together I’m probably alone in this but that’s okay.

32. Phillip says:

The show is great can’t wait for more

33. Stephanie says:

I’d love it if episodes came out sooner.But I still love the tension and cliffhangers,and the thoughts of what happens next.Can’t wait for next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Sarah says:

I honestly want Ben and Riley to be together. Danny has always been fine without Riley being his girlfriend, but Ben and Riley have strong chemistry full of fun, teasing, and desire. Ben has matured so much and Riley still cares deeply for him and Ben cares deeply for her. I have been so bummed ever since they broke up and her and Danny got together. It just seems weird and temporary, I really hope Danny and Riley don’t get back together and her and Ben realize it should be them. Plus she’s a great role model for Emma.

35. Darshan says:

Ben and Riley should be together in the end…… He doesn’t have to find his Riley, when she is already there. I believe it will happen, if not Ben wouldn’t be the main on this show.

36. Gloribel Ortiz says:

I’m team Danny/ Riley!! They are perfect for each other. They are soulmates. He had love her since forever, even when she was fat and nobody wanted her. Ben will end up with someone else, Zoey will be a great choice. We’ll see. If they break up Danny and Riley forever, I will definetly won’t continue watching the show.

37. Briaunna Elli says:

Danny and Reilly should get back together like her realize it because you fans like me went crazy when they got together no body would like it if they weren’t they make the show interning thank you!

38. Irieududn says:

So if Danny and Reilly don’t work out I won’t really wanna watch the show because they made it really exciting

39. Toni says:

This show could be like full house, just don’t cancel the show. Change the story line to all happy couples and give tucker a girl and a career. Little drama and more happy endings.

40. timya webb says:

I don’t think Riley should have a baby or she shouldn’t even be pregnant or if she is get the baby out cuz its suppose to be about Emma not about Riley and her baby don’t or I will stop watching baby daddy p.s Ben and Riley should go out not danny and Riley don’t let her have that baby🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💥😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡or I’m going to be angry😡😡😡😡😡

41. Margaret Akintade says:

I wish Riley And Ben can be together!!! I HATE THE FACT THAT DANNY AND RILEY ARE TOGETHER!!! TEAM BEN/RILEY WHERE ARE YOU??? I will stop watching the show If Ben And Riley are not together…