Vampire Diaries Recap

The Originals EP Weighs In: Has Klaus Really Moved on From Caroline?

It’s been more than a month since Klaus and Caroline’s infamous phone call on The Vampire Diaries, and everyone is trying to guess what the duo’s future holds — or, you know, doesn’t hold.

“I don’t want to speak for what they’re doing on [The Vampire Diaries], but it certainly seemed like Klaus was saying to Caroline that he would always care for her and respect her, but that he understood she had moved on,” Originals executive producer Michael Narducci tells TVLine. “I know there are fans that want that relationship to continue, so I’m sure there are people who will read this and howl and be angry; I can’t fault them for their passion.”

Narducci continues, “Klaus and Stefan had that moment in that cemetery where Stefan basically said, ‘I hope I never have to see you again, because when I do see you, it causes me a lot of problems.’ Klaus kind of just said, ‘Do right by Caroline, and if you do that, you’ll never have to worry about me again.’ Klaus still wants what’s best for Caroline. I don’t think there’s a doubt in anyone’s mind that that’s the case.”

He concludes, “To me, if you still love someone and you know someone else is with them, you’re not wishing them well and saying, ‘Take good care of her.’ It’s impossible for him not to hate Stefan in that moment — unless he’s willing to let Caroline move on.”

Where do you stand on this most delicate issue? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Rosael says:

So since Stefan did not do right by Caroline………….
    Klaroline lives on!

• Dani says:

Lol for real Stefan is the worst to Caroline. They were so much better when they were just bffs. He wasn’t even being chased by Rayna she was locked up at the time so there was no excuse for him to not go in there and talk to her. He’s a 100yr+ man child. Man up Stefan

I don’t care about endgame or couples but Candice and Joseph really do have the best chemistry on both shows. They’re dropping the ball by not letting them interact face to face. It doesn’t even have to be romantic…. connecting TO and TVD instead of pretending like neither exist is what’s best for both shows.

• Rosael says:

I swear their friendship was the one I loved most on this show and they ruined it with this stupid relationship that never should have started!
        When he told Klaus, I love her, I’ll do right by her, it was all BS since he got with Valerie only months afterwards!

Both shows won’t let Klaroline go for good, because it’s the right carrot to dangle in front of fans when they want their shows to be talked about! Hence this interview!

• Dani says:

And it just breaks girl code. Elena was never that good of a friend to Caroline despite them telling us that they’re bffs but dating your friends ex “epic love” is just a no no. Caroline is my favorite too I wish they just let her be single and independent. FREE CAROLINE

• Rosael says:

These shows obviously don’t care about those kind of codes! Not to say that I hate how they keep rewriting history to fit the new stories they come up with!

• Vanessa says:

Klaroline will be endgame period. Stefan is the worst for Caroline, he’s boring and just so sensitive. Therefore Klaus gives her an adventure and makes her look at things in a different point of view.

• Phoenix5634 says:

@rosael
      Haha, that was my first thought as well. So since Stefan didn’t do right by her, almost immediately lol, wouldn’t that mean he’s going to see Klaus again, and Klaroline lives on.

• Holly says:

This interview didn’t tell us anything that we didn’t already know. Please give us some NEW news. Until then a little KC very everyone “…I intend to be your last however long it takes”

2. Klaus is in love with Cami
    Caroline is in love with Stefan
    This phonecall was closure.

• Rosael says:

Exactly!
        I won’t go into the spoilers concerning Cami cause they are spoilers but Caroline is with Alaric and Stefan with Valerie so. NO.

• Rahmah says:

Wow. Isn’t that… what the 3rd or 4th closure they gave us. It’s been 3 yrs and we still here. What makes you think we’re leaving anytime soon. We’ve hard worst things then this. In fact this was pretty good article and on confirmed what we’ve already know

• Gul says:

Well.. This is funny, actually & really fitting with the klaroline “dynamic”. Discuss only Klaus’ feelings. While I do believe Klaus has more feelings for Cami than he ever had for Caroline, if KCers just wanna choose to believe otherwise, go ahead. What matters to me is Caroline. She never had feelings for him (besides an attraction, which she hated herself for) and that hasnt changed. So he can keep pining after her or “intending” to be her whatever, she has NO such intentions and never did. That’s all that matters to me.
      Caroline loves Stefan. That story is no where close to over so if you actually like Klaus, you’d want him to move on & not keep creepily intending to be someone’s last love when they want nothing to do with you.

• MJo says:

People interpret things differently. I see Caroline’s feelings for Stefan as her clinging to something familiar when her mom was dying. And I DO want what’s best for Caroline and I have no idea how anyone can argue that that’s Stefan. He expected her to leave the twins that she carried, knowing she was attached to them, and go on the run with him and his ex-gf (who he knew she was insecure about). And then he didn’t even bother to officially break up with her, and was quickly hooking up with said ex-GF.

And I think Caroline’s mixed feelings for Klaus were pretty well established. “Because I saw the good in Klaus.” “When I thought he was worth it.” “I cover our connection.” Burning the drawing. Because it there was nothing there but sex, why would she bother, considering the purpose of that event? And at the very least she trusts Klaus. Since she, you know, went to NOLA for his help.

Not going to bother addressing Klaus’ supposed feelings for Cami because he mostly seems to use her and treat her like an object and that’s just gross to me.

• Pamela says:

Samantha That’s how I see things as well, that phone call was the end. People want their ships, ive been there too, but it doesn’t mean it will happen.

• Dani says:

Thank you! I agree. :-)

• Hallie says:

Except that wasn’t the end since their is still Caroline’s trip to NOLA so there is more to come but if the show wanted for fans to move passed klaroline they should have castes a better actress to play opposite of JM. This character had potential but the actress who plays her is really bad and doesn’t compare to klaroline if they want fans to move on bring in someone equally as good

• Holly says:

That doesn’t refute who Caroline will ultimately end up with.

• jemmaluc says:

Joseph Morgan basically said Klaus wasn’t in love with anyone… I think Caroline and Cami are girls he has feelings for, cares for… but he is in love with the idea of love because he incredibly lonely. Basically he hasn’t loved anyone since the total rejection he got from Aurora a thousand years ago. Until Finn’s bite, Klaus is the happiest and most reasonable he has been for an age in 3.17 enjoying his family bonding road trip and actually making progress. He seems pretty ok for someone supposedly in the grip of total heartbreak. I think that 3.19 will provide closure on the Cami affair and perhaps in season 4 Klaus can start to find a real love rather than a fantasy where he hides who he really is from a girl who can never even begin to understand and live with that darkness. Klaus cannot be ‘redeemed ‘and the person he is would always be and needs to be is too much for Cami too deal with. She, like Caroline, betrayed him numerous times and put his life (and his families life ) at risk with her stupid interfering and arrogant ‘I know best’ nonsense. Klaus feels protective of Cami (and now he feels very very guilty about what happened to her ) and Caroline but he never them as equals because they aren’t and cannot be.

I do agree that Caroline appears to be in love with Stefan.

3. Saskia says:

Where Caroline is concerned, Klaus has often managed to set aside his own feelings. For example when he let Caroline and Tyler have a dance at the prom, and when he let Tyler move back into town. He very convincingly practices “if you love something set it free…” with Caroline. After all, he intends to be her last love – however long it takes.

4. sabah says:

Thanks Andy for this interview.Klaroline fans appreciate it

5. Jess says:

As a non shipper, this actually confuses me more than anything. Klaroline was dead. It hadn’t been mentioned for two years. Why did the randomly have a crossover with Stefan and take the opportunity to get the shippers keyed up about it just to come back and be like “LOL J/K”. I kind of follow what Narducci is saying here, but it’s hard for me to understand why it needed saying, especially if it’s just going to hurt fans.

The relationship between TO and shippers has always been strangely acrimonious, to an off-putting degree. But it’s particularly bad with these shippers and I don’t get it. They’re not hurting anyone, why is there this lust to shut them down?

Also, why bring it back at all if it wasn’t going anywhere? What was the point? Why are we now having painful conversations about it?

I feel bad for those shippers, I honestly do.

• MJo says:

Uh, to boost the ratings and secure the renewal? They were clearly scrambling not knowing. The Klaroline fandom totally expected this, tbh. We’re the scapegoat fandom for Narducci and friends. They seem to think their show is above criticism and since the KC fandom is big and loud any and all issues we have with the show, however valid, are tossed aside as being shipper bias. Even things that have *nothing* to do with ships like the retcons and lack of continuity. And I fully expect there to be yet another round of ‘closure’ once their ratings drop again.

• Dani says:

They needed the ratings and media attention tbh. Klaroline is the biggest ship left. If it really is endgame then shippers will literally have to wait for the last show standing whether it’s TVD or TO to finally come to an end. Hence why so many viewers want the shows to be cancelled especially the people who ship delena.

• ssklaroline says:

Thanks. It was nice to have the call and get an acknowledgement that they have a history and hopefully a future, but when interviews like this comes out it takes away any good will they generate, yet they do it over and over.

6. Wee says:

Yeah he’s definitely moved on. Until both shows hit a .2 in the demo again. Honestly they’ve said he’s moved on but keep bringing them back. As long as the fans keep making noise (which will be forever) Klaus will never be over her. (If it was they would have just had him tell Stefan he didn’t still have feelings for her instead of leaving it open ended.)

• Sara says:

They never addressed Klaus’ feelings, which I think bothers a lot of people.

Caroline was never mentioned after Klaus told her he wanted to be her last love in 4×23. So in order to Klaus to move on and get over it, they have to show him doing that and they didn’t – they just ignored whatever happened on TVD.

• Jess says:

Yeah, this always bothered me. They acted like she didn’t exist until randomly she did a few episodes ago. It doesn’t nix whatever he said to her at the end of S4 and it just feels weird al around because they ignored her existence entirely in favor of Cami. The whole thing is weird.

7. SassyAF28 says:

Oh dear can the tvd and to producers quit fanservicing the klaroline shippers now it’s so annoying those idiots should know their dead and klamille is endgame oops

• Val M says:

Klamille is endgamn when? When she dies in the next episodes ;)

• SassyAF28 says:

or what about that time you guys sent hate to persia, phoebe, leah and joe and it got so bad phoebe and leah had to leave social media at the time and joe even dissed you guys on instagram and it’s CK not CA anymore for candice incase y’all forgot that she was married to joe and not joseph morgan and even candice hates klaroline oops

• Marisol says:

Excuse me, but who is “you guys”? I never insulted any of these actors or their significant others on social media and nor do I know or support any KCers that have. Stop generalizing!!! Or should we start digging up all the venom that the SC and Klamille fans have spewed and point out that ya’ll aren’t the angels that you pretend to be either. I can’t stand hypocrisy.

• Dani says:

Ignoring what fans want is exactly why TO can barely get a million viewers. People are tuning out because it’s not what they wanted or expected. It would have been canceled by now if it were on any other network. Being so tone deaf to your audience is not a good thing nor is fan service a bad thing. Being in touch with your audience is what makes a successful show. Y’all keep using that term like it’s a bad thing get over yourself and the fact that your ship is terrible and boring.

• MJo says:

THIS. Anyone can whine about fan service. Considering how few people are actually into Klamille, can I not argue that having them go romantic was also fan service? If Cami was just genuinely Klaus’ friend, and hadn’t been pining for him for years, would the show be fundamentally changed in anyway? Nope. And hey, she might actually be a compelling character and not the designated love interest they use as a plot device.

• SassyAF28 says:

At least the actors don’t think I’m crazy af and I don’t send hate to the actors significant others oops

• Val M says:

You mean when a Klami shipper sent dead wishes to Candice’s baby? Or went a lot of Klami shippers harassed a journalist until she had to close his media accs!? Oh yeah there’s crazy people in every fandom

• MJo says:

Yeah, that doesn’t refute my point at all. Nice try though! It’s cute how you act like your fandom is completly free of bad apples when there’s tons of evidence that’s not the case. See: that disgusting body shaming bikini post of CA on twitter the other day.

• Rahmah says:

Omg.. that’s literally your fandoms best scapegoat when someone calls you out. On your stupid statements. Hate?? Got enough receipts to show the hate your fandom sents sweetheart.

• Stacey says:

I have seen hate tweets sent to PT by Klamille shippers. She just doesn’t make a big deal about it and brushes it off. Your ship is no better than ours.

• Guest says:

This is hilarious since Klamis sent Jomo hate when he said he wanted Caroline to crossover at the end of the show and suggested they be endgame. They also bullied people off Twitter. And I’m pretty sure wishing an unborn baby to die is the worst thing any shipper has said or done and that’s all on Klamis. All the actors on both TVD and To get hate from EVERY ship Leah Pipes is the one who whines about it the most. Half the time people are criticizing her character NOT her and she takes it so personally

• NDFan says:

I get your point and agree its very important not to alienate your entire audience (goodness knows its destroyed many a show before) but on shows like TO and TVD, with so many “ships” and fans of different pairings, I think it’s very hard to do. How do you determine which base has the biggest amount of fans? Social media? Often that may be the case, but it can also mean they’re just the most passionate or vocal fans, not necessarily the group with the largest numbers. I just don’t think you’ll ever please everyone. I’d rather a good story be told. And the arguing between groups and insults that get thrown back and forth is just sad. I don’t get why people have to do that. Everyone likes who they like and there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Morgan says:

THIS!! ALL OF THIS!! I’ve been saying this for years. When you dump the story you wanted to tell because of a ‘vocal’ fanbase then you get TVD. The reason why TVD was so good at the beginning was because the stories and mythology were the focus and ships were background noise. (even with the triangle) When you make a ship the focal point like tvd did for three seasons, then you get disconnected with not only plots/mythology but also fans. The ratings don’t lie. The downfall of TVD was they tried to cater to loud mouths and by doing so alienated the rest of the fans. MN understands this and runs his show differently and it’s a higher quality show because of it. He focuses on plots and mythology more than ships. One of the main reasons why the ratings for TO haven’t been good is because most of TO family hasn’t been a part of the cast. TO needs Beks, FInn and Kohl which we’re getting now.
          I’m not sure how you can determine which base has the biggest fans either because fans have manipulated the system so they can make a fan base look bigger than what it actually is. Even with DE fans ‘boycotting’ TVD since ND left, the ratings haven’t gone down as much as everyone thought. Also not everyone who watches TVD goes on social media to discuss it. It’s a flawed system if that’s how they’re basing their info.

• Elle says:

Narducci did one interview and TVline chose to split it into two articles – one about Klayley AND Klamille, one JUST about Klaroline. And look the Klaroline one has been shared more on Facebook (where unlike Twitter most people don’t have multiple accounts. I think that says a lot about the relative popularity of Klaus’ ships. I do agree with you re: The inclusion about The Actual Originals. That’s what I wanted out of the spinoff. And frankly that’s what both the audience and the fandoms wanted. But I think they had very different ideas in mind and their unwillingness to course correct has been what’s hurt them most (seriously it took until the THIRD season to get them all onscreen together?!). I disagree that TO’s not about ships. Cami’s never been much outside a designated love interest, Hayley’s SL have been mostly romance based (still think it was silly she had to marry into her OWN pack to give them powers) and Davina’s been obsessed with Kol and nothing else since last season. And Klaus has been really tied up in dull ship based stuff this season. Hopefully that’s not the case going into the finale now that the stakes are so high.

8. citizenlen9 says:

Klaus and Cami love each other. Caroline and Stefan love each other. There really wasn’t anything to move on from when there wasn’t anything to begin with. They had mutual attraction and passion but they both knew they can’t start a relationship with each other or take it to the next level. Klamille and Steroline had foundation with their love that began in friendship and mutual understanding. It’s a bumpy ride for both ships for now but they will always find their way back. That’s how connected they are with each other.

• Stacey says:

Stefan and Caroline are broken up and no one knows where Klaus is. Plus, Care is in Nola looking for Klaus in the ff, so all and all looking good for Klaroline!

• Saskia says:

Yeah, I think it is a little strange that the ff with Caroline in NOLA was not mentioned at all. Of cource, this happens/happened on TVD, which apparently has nothing to do with TO…

9. Angie says:

Thank you so much Andy for this interview!It means a lot for us!Here For Klaroline Always And Forever ❤

10. roses says:

Thanks for the interview.However long it takes!😊

11. MJo says:

I’m so glad that Klaus has learned to love selflessly. Talk about character growth! Will make things so much smoother down the line, when Caroline is ready for last loves.

12. Rali says:

I honestly don’t get what TO writers are doing. If they think Klaus and Caroline should move on then why introduce her on the show as a person who he cares deeply about and even show her picture? They acknowledged their relationship and his feelings for her and then what?

• ssklaroline says:

That was the bait to get ratings. The switch is more of Klami and Steroline and apparently this interview to pretend the bait wasn’t there at all and we imagined it.

13. Val M says:

Thanks for the interview, MN contradicts a little himself, but well he didn’t say anything that Klaroline Shippers didn’t know after all MN himself wrote “perhaps one day in a year or even in a century” I guess it wasn’t in a year ;)

14. LL says:

What? What is he even saying? That last sentence is incredibly confusing.
    Michael Narducci has done everything possible to NOT continue their relationship so for to him to act like it’s ok for me to be angry is so incredibly patronizing. Should I thank him for his permission?
    What did Caroline move on from? She was with Tyler when she met Klaus. They had a single hookup that was poorly done and she’s been with Stefan.
    Klaus said Caroline could come to him in a year or a century and that he would wait however long it takes. He knew Caroline would have other relationships.
    Doesn’t Klaus hate Stefan in that moment when he called Stefan out on not putting Caroline first? For not knowing what she wants? For not doing anything he could for her, but for Damon instead? There was anger there, not apathy.
    Klaus wants what’s best for Caroline because he’s made his feelings clear for her. She needs to take a step towards Klaus. He can’t force her to love him.
    Michael is also talking about a moment three years in TVD’s past. Caroline is looking for Klaus in the present. She’s reaching out for him and Michael is conveniently forgetting that even though it does effect his show.
    His absolute and utter disdain for fans of this couple remains unflinchingly clear.
    Yes, I’ve wanted this relationship to continue for years. I will continue to want this relationship to continue. It’s no surprise when both shows needed a ratings shot in the arm they came as close to a real Klaroline crossover as possible.
    It won’t be the last time, so I hope Michael can take comfort in trying to pretend canon isn’t canon because it doesn’t suit him. His spite is quite charming.

15. Leina says:

Basically Klaus loves Caroline unconditionally and will always support her in whatever she wants. That’s how you OTP

16. MaryBrown says:

Ugh! I think the writers should not fall for anyones pressure and do their own thing. It is their story and not a crowdfunded show. Give people a good show they will watch it. Keep twisting stories to appease demands made by fans then your show will lose audiences in the long run. They forced these two characters with nothing in common, just because some raging teenagers and immature women thought there was chemistry. There no overarching narrative or reason, neither was Caroline a unique complex, character to attract the attention of Klaus and the supposed deep connection he has eith this character.

• MJo says:

LOL. Except people *aren’t* watching TO. It’s been the biggest loser, in terms of viewership, year after year for The CW. So by your own logic it’s not a good show then, is it?

17. tyanna cooper says:

Its possible tp still love someone even though they both moved on.

I dont think Klaus ever really stopped Caroline. They way they spoke over the phone and how sincere he was says that enough. Klaus is a very haughty person and would have no doubt said something very rude or critical about her and her relationship. However, instead of doing that, he comforted her, gave her advice about her daughters and even gave her his condolenses on the loss of her mother. For a very egotistical and self centered person, he rarely shows honest concern for anyone, even his family. Yet he takes the time out of his day to talk to Caroline and even protect Stefan for her.

I thinl he does love Caroline and never stopped. He was able to recite the exact words she said to him two years ago without stumbling. He was able to pick up one the fact that she loved her daughters amd wanted to be with them when Stefan couldn’t. Even more telling, he let go. Klaus is very controlling and does not let people leave him easily. He killed an his entire hybrid army and locked his own family in coffins because they tried to leave him. However, he let the love of his life go and promised never to see her again, per her wishes. He even ended their phone conversation in the crossover because he wanted her to spend time with her daughter and not bother. The same man who couldnt stnad his family leaving him, is now willing to let Caroline grow. Putting someone’s needs before his own isnt just maturity, its love.

While they have both moved on and hage newnlives in different cities, i still think they really do love each. Its a shame they werent trulty able to explore their feelings and dig more into that love.

18. Angie says:

Excited for Steroline, I care that klaus wants what’s best for her but he has moved on, she has moved on, now I’m just waiting for Valerie to go away #sterolinereunion

19. Lily says:

Klarolire 4 ever! Must be THE end-game
    Sorry, but “Steroline” is a mess.
    just ruined a lovely friendship

20. one and only says:

Klaus also knows, as Elijah and Kol stated, whoever they love, they hurt, whether they mean to r not. Because Klaus loves her, he will stay away, for her own good.

21. Sharon says:

This article makes no sense. Klaus wanted nothing to do the Stefan until he heard from Caroline, only after hearing how worried she was he rushed to help Stefan. Than Klaus pretty much told Stefan he would never be able to give Caroline what she needed and told him to let go of her so she could be happy.

So yeah Klaus still loves Caroline and would do anything for her.

Long live Klaroline…however long it takes…

22. Stacey says:

Klaroline always and forever. Want them to reunite, it’s literally the only thing that will get me to tune in again. As the crossover showed, Klaroline=ratings.

23. Olivia says:

It’s nice that Narducci wasn’t hostile like he usually is but when he says he can’t speak for the ship in terms of TVD, it sounds more like he didn’t even watch that portion of the CO or even TVD while he was working on it! On the TVD portion of the CO, Klaus clearly tells Stefan that he will always put Damon before Caroline so, if he cares for her at all, he should END IT. In the car he says it twice “let her go”. So, for Klaus to tell Stefan to do right by Caroline on the TO portion of the CO, it means Stefan should let her go. Not rekindle the romance, not raise the babies with her, not anything other than LET HER GO. So, MN saying Klaus was ok with Caroline moving on with Stefan, thus proving he doesn’t still love her, isnt true – he told the man to break up with her for the sake of her happiness. And even if you misinterpret that scene as MN has, we absolutely saw Klaus express his romantic feelings and intention to spend eternity with Caroline IN THE SAME SCENE he also tells her Tyler can return so she can have that relationship until she decides to be with Klaus. So Narducci is wrong x2 – for Klaus, “doing right” by Caroline wasn’t SC rekindling but for him to leave her alone because she will never come 1st and 2- we’ve seen Klaus step back so Caroline could have another relationship while still saying he wants to be with her and will wait for her.

• Stacey says:

Exactly, well said! And MN is so confusing in this interview, at the end he is confirming Klaus loves Caroline. I thought the crossover proved that Klaus still loves her and unlike any other character, will always put her first. Her happiness is his first priority, and I believe he is the only one who can make her truly happy. Hopefully Julie Plec will bring back KC since I don’t trust MN and CD is gone.

24. Stacey says:

Thanks for the interview Andy! MN is very roundabout in his responses though and doesn’t really say anything we didn’t already know.

25. Klarocest says:

Klaroline was never a thing so whatever, thank you god i will never have to watch klaroline again, thank you god and jesus and all of the writers :)

26. Lolip says:

Klaroline is so alive, thanks for this interview, we’ll never stop fighting for them, however long it takes ;)

27. french5851 says:

This is so off base. Klaus let Caroline go when she was with Tyler. He isn’t jealous, really. He is just waiting for her. He is going to be her last love… however long that takes, whoever she is with in between. She knows he will be there for her. That is epic.

28. Nicole says:

The Klaroline fandom isn’t going anywhere. We’ve been some tough times and it’s only made us stronger, and even more dedicated about seeing Klaus and Caroline together again. So to those who want us to go away…….it’s not going to happen. Klaroline always and forever!

29. Jamie says:

We all know Caroline has moved on for the time being but didn’t he just completely dodge the question as to whether or not klaus has moved on? It’s blatantly to the audience when he keeps dodging Stefan’s questions as to whether or not he still loves her. This answer was so vague and nothing we didn’t already know

30. Carrie says:

I haven’t watched TVD in years, never watched TO, but have a friend who keeps up with it and discusses things with me. I find it so bizarre that EPs/writers continually publicly denounce a relationship that THEY created. Klaus/Caroline isn’t some fanon crackship, yet they practically address it as such to the fans. Why shut it down so vehemently? Why even discuss it if there’s nothing there anymore?

• MJo says:

I think it’s a Frankenstein’s monster situation, to be honest. They created it but they couldn’t control it. JP tends to do that (see: her comments that people shouldn’t ship Kol with Bonnie because Bonnie deserved better but they hook Kol up with a witch barely out of her teens on TO?) They tried to replicate it’s success but have failed. And rather then move on to the ships the shows push tons of KCers retreated to fanon and have kind of left the shows behind and they’re salty about it.

• Guest says:

It’s especially bizarre since it’s part of the reason why the star of TO Jomo is so popular in the first place. They love to bite the hand that feeds them. Even certain media outlets don’t understand why they’re behaving the way they do

• Sara says:

They sort of created it on accident. It wasn’t a ship that was planned, but they decided to sort of go for it when it started gaining a fanbase in Season 3.

They then expected that the spin-off would be great and everyone would jump onboard with whoever they paired Klaus with and that didn’t happen. They were never able to get anywhere close, and I think that frustrated them. They also like the blame the failure of the spin-off on the shippers, rather than dealing with the fact that it was them and their poor writing that caused people to not watch the show/drop it.

The Originals were popular characters and had a spin-off that was actually about them come about, and had it been written okay, I think people would have watched. But they chose not to do that. They made Hayley the lead (a recurring characters on TVD that was not liked by the fans) and decided to push Cami and the Klamille ship even after her character (and more so the ship) went over very badly.

31. Janice Gonzalez says:

Caroline and Klaus, together make a perfect match!!

32. Lila says:

Michael Narducci is telling us what we already knew. Klaus cares about Caroline’s happiness but he doesn’t want to be with her anymore. Like Stefan said, he lovED her. He’s moved on. Can we let this die out gracefully now?

• Elle says:

Doubtful. Why would we? Like you said, this article didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. Klaus has always had Caroline’s best intrests at heart, has always proved that he wanted her to be happy. He promised he’d be her “last love” not her next love. Plus, Narducci flat out said he can’t speak for TVD. Where Caroline was last seen in NOLA looking for Klaus. But perhaps the Klamille fans can be a shining example of how to fandom acceptably, and move on “gracefully” if those spoilers prove true?

33. Sheila says:

A lot of people will die if Klaroline isn’t endgame

34. klaroline shipper since forever says:

Julie plec please put klaroline together we have been trying to be patient. They are definetly the best couple and their feelings are very emotional.

35. AP says:

Klaus said goodbye to Caroline once and for all during that phone call AND he basically gave Stefan his blessing as well. So that, my friends, is what we call “closure”. Move on with your lives…Klaus and Caroline both have!!

36. Cam says:

We got a Klaroline scene after two years, Joseph Morgan himself said he wants a Klaroline endgame and now Michael talks positively of the Klaroline relationship, saying what we already all know aka that Klaus will always cares for Caroline. It’s so nice to see Klaroline rising <3 Thanks for this interview Andy.

37. AppleEye says:

Um…Where do I stand on this most delicate issue? To quote Klaus: “You know, it would be nice if, just once, the witches bloody well said what they mean.” So, just write your story, don’t allow spilling stories outside the writers’ room, and please don’t engage in double-talk. Thank you.

38. zed says:

I’ve watched TVD from the beginning and truth be told Caroline and Klaus had it all- both went throufh great character development from the moment they started interacting – Caroline moved Klaus in ways that noone did in nearly thousand years- she managed to get his emotions going from rage to love- calling all his BS- all his vulnerabilities- they are one true pairing. And if the Originals didn’t get their show they would still be having the most beautifully complex relationship on TV.
    Sometimes, well, now, most of the time I regret that the Originals are in a separate show, because TVD would have been one extremely awesome show if the Originals stayed on. Tvd season 3 showed how great it was when they were all together.
    To me these are the best ships- Bamon, Klaroline, Elejah, Jayley, … but, we know reality is completely different.
    and, Klaroline phone call proved they so are still in love with one another deeply. And Candice and Morgan did a great job.

39. Brigid says:

This is pathetic. Caroline never loved Klaus, she had sex with him and that is all. I swear you people create stuff up in your head and it becomes canon. Klaus is horrible, who would want to be with a violent murderous control freak? Why women are so infatuated with the bad guys and make excuses for everything they do and than bad mouth Stefan who has always put everyone else first doesn’t make sense. I’m not a fan of Caroline and Stefan because I don’t feel any chemistry but the comments on here are ridiculous. Klaus and Damon are pathetic one trick ponies who only think of themselves and are always defended by fans, I truly hope that you do not do the same with the relationships in your own lives. Unbelievable!

40. Matt says:

The Originals will outlive TVD so I’m certain their will come a time in the future that they will revisit this.

41. Farida says:

Basically Klaus and Caroline are never the “say goodbye” ship they’re the “see you later” one as in I respect Narducci’s opinion but I think they’ll find their way back to each other like they always do #HOWEVERLONGITTAKES

42. Molly says:

Everything is Klaroline and nothing hurts, event when the trolls are salty :)

43. Bob Wood says:

Here’s the thing, as long as TVD continues there is NO Caroline and Klaus, However when TVD does end its probable that the Originals will continue on for more seasons since they are only in SN 3 TVD could end on SN 8 after that if Candice Accula wishes to continue to play Caroline and the Producers are willing to move her over to The Originals only then would we get some kind of story for them two, Again Candice has to want to continue with the role if does not and wants to move on then that’s it… end of story.

44. Mary says:

KLAMILLE IS LIFE AND WILL BE ENDGAME. THE PHONE CALL WAS CLOSURE. OK? OK. KK BYE

45. Lunre says:

Caroline should be with Klaus and no one else

46. lizette says:

I still think Caroline and Klaus make a better couple they are made for one another stefan and Caroline just should of been friends thats abt it..hope that Klaus and caroline still happens .. come on make it happen!!!!

47. Anuska Ray Chaudhuri says:

Klaroline

48. Klaroline says:

Camille was the person whom Klaus trusted and Camille saw the good in him blah blah(caroline did too)Klaus told stefan to let caroline go i mean he is 1000 years old he knows if stefan loves her or don’t so he understood something and told him.Klaus didn’t forgot the words that caroline said in the kissing episode.Caroline didn’t wanna hang up the phone neither did klaus.Alaric and caroline is totally a joke by the way.Elena come back and take stefan AWAYY

49. Gabby says:

Honestly I think the that they should make it to where somehow Caroline saves Klaus or something so they can get together because even tho they “hate” each other there is still chemistry and u can’t just end it like that #longliveklaroline