Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Megan

Grey's Anatomy's Megan Hunt: 8 Actresses Who Could Play Owen's Sis

Does anybody believe that Grey’s Anatomy ISN’T planning to end Season 12 by revealing that — surprise! — Owen’s presumed-dead sister, Megan, is really alive? No one? You there, in the back? No? Yeah, that’s what we thought. And for the record, we’re right there with you, as sure that she’s gonna turn up with a pulse as we are that (sadly) Derek isn’t gonna.

So, as Shonda Rhimes & Co. contemplate casting, we’ve decided to be helpful by compiling a list of kickass actresses that we think — on second thought, make that know — could fill the key role.

Scroll through the gallery below to check out our picks — including alumni of everything from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to General Hospital — then hit the comments with your suggestions to play Nathan’s lost love.

1. Mark says:

Karen Gillan. She’s a bit young but she’s great.

2. Rob says:

If they cast Lefevre, it would be an Off the Map reunion with she and Henderson. However, I’m ALL about Lauren Ambrose.

3. Wordsmith says:

Rachelle Lefevre definitely fits my mental image of Owen’s sister. She’d be perfect.
    Rachel Nichols would be great too, though I’m still holding out hope she’ll get pulled into Chicago Justice.
    Alicia Witt isn’t quite who I’d pictured, but she’s so awesome that I’m sure she’d kill it.

4. Tricia says:

Loved seeing Sarah Brown on this list!!!! She is an amazing actress!!!!

5. Jake says:

Rachelle Lefevre would be fantastic.

Also, I can’t believe it never crossed my mind that the sister was alive… and it’s so blatantly obvious ha

Hoping something happens that will get rid of some of the interns. They just don’t carry any weight on the show anymore.

6. Nikki says:

Lauren Ambrose. Please not Alyson Hannigan

7. Julie says:

I secretly want Joanna Garcia-Swisher to play Owen’s sister…

8. c-mo says:

Rachelle Lefevre fits visually and I think she’s a great actor but I’d love to see the quirkiness of Felicia Day in the role!

9. jakis says:

Kelly McDonald, Karen Gillan or Rose Leslie. Go Scots!

10. Whatevah says:

Yes because that’s just what this show needs another new character.

• No one says:

I know, right? What about they give real storylines for the characters that are already there, let’s say, since freaking season 1, like Alex? I’m so sick of seeing good characters being put aside and having their personalities changed to fit whatever they need at the moment and only privileging a couple of other characters, like Meredith, who is unbearable and her sister, who might be the most annoying character in history of television.

11. Dominique says:

i would love Rachelle Lefevre!! she’s a good actress, gorgeous, and we KNOW she has chemistry with martin henderson. (hello there, off the map)

12. Angel Vazquez says:

ALLISON, SARAH, AND Rachel would the role as Mebane Hunt!!

13. vk says:

Don’t know why but Elena Satine (Louise from Revenge) came to mind for me

14. spindae2 says:

Ohhh fluke Allyson would be perfect. So long since I saw her in a drama.

Personal suggestion Rose McGowan.

15. Stacy says:

Can’t believe you didn’t mention Rachelle Lefevre previously costarred with Martin Henderson and Jason George in Off the Map. And YES, she’d be awesome in this role.

Considering Agent Carter’s on the verge of cancellation – how about Bridget Regan? She’d be so fantastic.

Ambrose is good, but isn’t her look too similar to Samantha Sloyan – aka Penny Blake – on Grey’s??

16. Michelle says:

Sarah Brown, that’s an interesting pull. She was great as Carly on General Hospital.

17. matty says:

Sarah Brown would be an inspired choice. But my suggestion is Kellie Martin. She hasn’t done a series in a while and I think she would be perfect for this role, and more age appropriate than many of the choices listed. I also think they should consider Jamie Luner, cause she is a great actress and doesn’t get as many series regular or recurring roles as she should.

18. matty says:

and on another note, if they ever decide we need to meet Owen’s mother; than I see no better choice than One Life To Live alum Robin Strasser (Ex-Dorian). She would be literally perfect.

19. ldylkngb says:

I’m all for Sarah Brown, But Rachelle Lefevre would be good too!

20. Anna says:

LAUREN AMBROSE. Get on it, Shonda!

21. K says:

My vote is for Shannon Lucio

22. Wilma Flintstone says:

The girl in the lower right corner should never not smile. She is horrifying looking…like a ghoul. Alyson Hannigan…lol…way over-rated and even more annoying.

Let me tell you what she will do…bring on someone who is small and blond and she will be a l=sbian and will immediately fall in love with either Callie or AZ…cause that’s what ALWAYS happens. This show is so stupid and ridiculous. So Owen has a dead sister??? Since when.

Shonda and Co are realizing the losers they brought on the show so far are not bringing the ratings and they continue to fall week after week. Time for this show to end.

23. Phil says:

All great choices… I love them all, but Lauren Ambrose would be brilliant… love her!

24. No one says:

This plot is so ridiculous! Why can’t we meet Amber Karev instead? Or Aria Torres, or Kathleen Shepherd. Why can’t they bring us the relatives we already know exist, instead of recycling once again the overused lost sister plot? I love Owen, but what they’ve been doing to him since Cristina left is very disappointing. This show disappoints me week every week, even when I don’t watch it, the writing for seasons 11 and 12 is so bad I want to puke.

• Dominique says:

i do agree with you on Amber.
      I’ve been wanting to meet her since Aaron Karev showed up and Alex mentioned Amber’s in med school. Plus; it means more Karev time! And i’m always up for that.

25. Dude says:

I can definitely see Rachel Nichols in the role. However, Rachelle Lefevre seems to be the best option. Karen Gillan would be good too.

26. kath says:

Good suggestions.

I’ve put my money on Rachel Lefebre, she’s already been on a Shonda Rimes show.

27. Viv says:

Ambrose. Hands down. Great actor — she’s so watchable. And I don’t want a Little Owen — I want the exact OPPOSITE of Owen to drive him crazy. That’s good tv.

Ambrose makes other characters crazy; she’s perfect for Grey’s!

28. Ame Alarcon says:

Felicia Day! All the WAY!

29. michelle says:

Rachel Nichols

30. Megan Hunt should be played by
    The girl from Six feet under or
    Redhead from the soaps. All are like able characters able to play lovable sweet women. Except Alicia Witt after the mean role on
    “Nashville” and a couple others she is not a fit.

• Jill says:

I can’t get past Alicia Witt’s past few roles either. Which means she’s a good actress. I just can’t imagine her on Grey’s.

31. Emily says:

Kelly Reilly! She never gets enough love on this side of the pond.

32. leo21 says:

Rachelle Lefevre would be great but Sarah Brown would be an awesome out of left field choice.

33. Morgan Fowler says:

Either Rachelle Lefevre or Rachel Nichols they both look like a Megan Hunt

34. Sheri Gettel says:

Lauren Ambrose would be a perfect fit