Chicago Fire Ratings

Ratings: Chicago Fire, Med Return Up, Best Audiences Since December

NBC’s Chicago Fire returned from a five-week break to 8.7 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating (per finals), up 12 percent and a tenth from its last fresh outing to deliver its best audience since its Dec. 8 midseason finale and its best demo number since Feb. 9.

Similarly, Chicago Med (8.7 mil/1.8) returned up 30 and 23 percent, also to its best tallies since Dec. 8. The Voice opened the Peacock’s night with 11.1 mil and a 2.4, up in eyeballs but down a tenth week-to-week.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Leading out of a steady Fresh Off the Boat (4.6 mil/1.2) and Real O’Neals (3.8 mil/1.0), Agents of SHIELD (3.2 mil/1.0) ended a three-week skid by posting upticks of 12 percent and a tenth. Beyond the Tank (2.1 mil/0.5) dipped a tenth.

THE CW | Coming off his donuts-and-ice cream hang with Supergirl, The Flash (3.4 mil/1.3) rose 13 percent and two tenths. iZombie (1.3 mil/0.5) was steady.

CBS | The Late Late Show With James Corden‘s primetime Carpool Karaoke special drew 4.2 million viewers — The Late Late Show‘s second-largest audience ever, trailing only its post-Super Bowl berth (4.9 mil) — and a 0.9 rating.

FOX | New Girl (2.2 mil/0.9) ticked down to new lows, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2 mil/0.9) rose a tenth.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

The Late Late Show Primetime Special was hilarious and Carpool Karaoke still rocks. Hope James Corden will be on CBS late night TV for a very long time.

• KLS says:

It’s probably just me, but I couldn’t make it past the too-long opening number. I can see the videos on YouTube. Didn’t think his desk jokes were funny either. I am not a late night fan, I guess.

• c-mo says:

I tend to agree with you…and I watched the entire show. If this particular show had been my first exposure to Mr. Corden, I’m not sure it won me over and I’m a fairly regular viewer.

2. Bwhit says:

Good for Fire and Med! Loved Severide’s arc last night and on med, the Dr. Charles/lawyer storyline was so powerful.

3. Jennifer says:

Please tell me there’s good news for The Real O’Neals. I love that show!!!

4. anna says:

Chicago shows are terribly cliched im suprised they get such high numbers

• Sally McLinn says:

The Chicago shows engage me. Well written and acted.

• Bwhit says:

The fanbase is loyal and truly invested. The actors are also very engaging with their fans on Twitter Ect, almost every episode of each, a majority of them interact with the fans about what is happening. I’m biased because I love all of them but I’m guessing that plays into it. They also have engaging storylines.

• che says:

Fire is like comfort food and I like the characters. it’s light and the fire department stuff is interesting and different. Med is kind of boring. They are trying too hard on that show with the “theme of the week” and on the hand not hard enough to make it exciting. It seems like a poor man’s ER with more of a weekly “message.” Doesn’t excite me for Chicago Law/Justice… can’t stand when the episodes get too political.
      Chicago PD is fun… although that’s gotten too political this year (hate when they address black lives matter), but I enjoy watching the cops handle the cases and “bend” the rules in the name of justice.

5. kmw says:

Those are great numbers for the Chicago shows, but bad for New Girl. Also good that Agents of Shield didn’t dip any further

6. Sally McLinn says:

Chicago Med is getting better and better. A must-see TV for me. And I’m learning a lot of legal stuff.

7. liame says:

Dr. Halstead get’s on my nerves. If the writers want this character to come across as unlikable, they’ve done their job.

8. Gerald says:

Flash was awesome. Loved Shield also.
    Brooklyn 99 was great too. Loved Rosa’s engagement party stuff.
    PVR’d Fire.

9. BarryFlash says:

I hope New Girl brings back Megan Fox. The show had more energy with her. I don’t know if it would help the ratings but I liked her on the show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Don’t count New Girl out yet but let’s hope Fox should do the right thing and renewed the Zooey Deschanel led sitcom.