Arrow Recap

Arrow Recap: To Bee a Hero — Plus: Malcolm Makes a Shocking [Spoiler]

This week on Arrow, Oliver’s genius love/tech support is gone from the team. But luckily, there’s another terrific gadget wiz available to step in just as things start getting bzzzzy for the crimefighters.

Post-breakup, Oliver is taking out his frustrations through grueling training sessions, and Thea, Laurel and Dig are feeling the brunt of his pain. Laurel tiptoes around their brokenhearted friend, only saying that “someone” told her Palmer Tech is hiring a new head of PR. Felicity is “not Voldemort, and I’m fine,” Oliver responds, before encouraging Thea to tell Alex about the job. (Oliver’s not re-entering the mayoral race – voters hate flip-flopping, he argues – so Alex is interviewing with Darhk’s wife!)

Meanwhile, Felicity is trying to find a way to make her miracle implant accessible to the masses. Despite the hefty price tag, there’s someone who wants the tech: her Flash nemesis Brie Larvan, aka the Bug-Eyed Bandit. She unleashes her robotic bees on Felicity – and Thea and Donna, who are visiting PT – prompting Curtis to go in search of the Green Arrow. Oliver has grumpy face when Curtis just walks right into their base of operations, but seeing as how they could use his computer expertise, he lets Curtis pitch in.

Oliver, Laurel and Dig battle Brie’s buzzy friends, while Felicity, Donna and Thea put up a good effort, too, at Palmer Tech. Felicity busts through a wall and sends the kidnapped board members down to the abandoned lair panic room. (After the secret elevator, explosions and Green Arrow’s appearance, Donna has to be on to her daughter’s former night job, right?) Brie reveals that she has a tumor, so Felicity hands over the specs. All good now, yes? Nope, Brie returns with a vengeance after figuring out that Felicity is the hacker who sent her to prison.

Arrow RecapGreen Arrow – recovered from the bee that was replicating itself inside him – shows up with a dart outfitted by Curtis to unleash a virus. But it’s ultimately Felicity who defeats the bee-man by electrocuting him as Curtis hacks the buggers and takes down Brie. This kind of hero life is not for the champs, though. Felicity tells Thea she’s sick of the fighting and violence. She became part of the team to make a difference — and she can do that by turning Palmer Tech into a beacon of hope. As for Curtis, he earns Oliver’s respect, but doesn’t seem to want a permanent position on Team Arrow. “I saw enough to know that this is where I belong,” he says to his husband at home.

On the Big Bad front, Malcolm informs Damien Darhk that H.I.V.E. is moving forward with Genesis, but they’re leaving him behind in jail. Later, Malcolm meets with Darhk’s “ace in the hole” – Dig’s brother, Andy!

In the flashbacks: Reiter is killing people to gain power via their life essence. He also says his storyline could have been condensed to one episode. (Wink-wink. Just making sure you were paying attention on that last part.)

Arrow fans, what did you think of “Beacon of Hope”? Did you enjoy seeing the team splintered into two halves as they fought a common enemy?

1. Joe says:

The big question is who is in grave in next weeks episode…either laurel or captain lance…only two possibilities…

2. diz16 says:

Loved Felicity in this episode!!!!

• leolady21 says:

HATED Her

• JenJ says:

I think we need to watch out for false leads. That “flash forward” scene at the cemetery could be a bit of a red herring, because even though they showed Felicity in the car with Ollie, who says she was real? And for that matter, if she & Ollie are now broken up, why was she in the car with him? I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have show that scene to throw us off the track that it actually still could be Felicity in that grave. I’m hoping I’m wrong, but I also did not like the sudden closeness that Lauren was offering Ollie. I’m a Olicity fan and would hate for them to stay broken up and have Lauren move in, not a big fan of her.

3. Micaela Piñeyro says:

I miss season 1 and 2 arrow. This Felicity show bores me.. :( I hope is not Laurel in the grave.. they can’t kill Laurel Lance.

• Michelle says:

If they do, I’d quit Arrow. Trying to hold on for Laurel, John, Thea and Lance is getting hard.

• kitsunesaru says:

It’s kind of funny because during seasons 1/2 so many people hated Laurel and woul have been happy to have her gone. Now they can’t stand the thought haha (ps. not that you’re one of them; you just reminded me is all)

• Michelle says:

I liked Laurel’s progression in 1 and 2. Moreso in 2. But since it is more realistic and Laurel’s addiction wasn’t cured in 3 episodes, people just hated her. What a joke.

• kitsunesaru says:

For real. Sometimes fans are the most frustrating people. Like any type too. Sports, TV, movies, video games, whatever. The more avid they are the more rabid they get.

• leolady21 says:

that is so true just look at us we ac these are real people not actors Silly us

• kitsunesaru says:

meh to each their own. just as long as people are civil about it I don’t care what they do

• Artis says:

Personally I hate Laurel (although hate might be a bit too strong) because she’s a mostly useless character and the actress playing her is just terrible. I think killing her off wouldn’t be a bad idea, the team wouldn’t loose anything. Laurel is just a sidekick and we have too more of these (Diggle and Thea), both more likeable. Felicity serves a clear purpose within the team, even without the romance. So if it’s a team member, Laurel would be the best choice.

4. Sam says:

The person in the grave is Curtis. It all makes sense now. He helps team Arrow because Felicity is gone. He ends up dead because he is helping Arrow. Barry comes because somehow Curtis connects with Star Labs. So he feels for Oliver. It explains why Felicity is so upset because she likes Curtis so much. It also explains Oliver’s upset, but why he isn’t crazy broken up about it. Laurel and Captain Lance are alive.

• Hodan says:

I am pretty much sure Curtis is not dying. For 1, he is not regular cast member and he has yet to start his own superhero journey. His husband on the hand looks like he might be dying.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Agree

• jericho says:

Since when did we “know” 100% that this is a “regular” cast member? I was still of the thought that it could be Felicity’s mom. But I’d actually accept Captain Lance at this point. He has done his job for the show, and it may serve to grow Laurel’s character a bit. Ever since Nyssa left she is a bland and unfun part of the show. Since the actress that plays Nyssa has a new gig, I dont see her coming back to spark Laurel into anything interesting anytime soon.

• JenJ says:

I’m not entirely sure that Felicity isn’t the one in the grave. Even though they showed Felicity in the car waiting for Ollie, who says that was real? Or for that matter, just how many people from Team Arrow would Barry Allen be close enough to have been expected at the funeral? I love Ollie & Felicity and sure do hope they don’t stay apart for long, but the more I think about it, I have my suspicions about that cemetery scene, and think it’s possible that the show wanted to throw us off the trail about who was really in that grave.

• ? says:

That occurred to me during tonight’s episode, but I think it would be too much of a cop out. Everyone’s expecting someone a little more consequential and that’s not Curtis, yet.

• Artis says:

that would be weak. total cop-out. it should be a big character. at least Lance. Or Laurel/Thea/Diggle. you can’t build a character death up all season and then kill off a total minor character.

5. Dj says:

If I didn’t already know Felicity wasn’t going to be in the grave I would be 100% sure that she is getting killed off. Mister Terrific can do everything Felicity can do and she is going to make the world better with PT her storyline at this point feels like an ending arc for her.

• brianlooby says:

I wish it was Felicity.. I would love to see the Green Arrow get angry and go rogue. He seems incapable of defeating anybody recently.

• Ga is a journey from killer to hero, he can’t go back to s1. And Oliver is weak not coz of Felicity, but magic he can’t fight& also they focus on too many ppl in masks when fighting, so we lost focus on Oliver. So killing Laurel is good idea. And all of this things are not problems caused by Felicity.

• Jared Lutes says:

just had a weird thought… we know Oliver isnt beyond seeing ghosts during difficult times… What if it IS Felicity in the grave? Maybe he just “sees” her in the limo after? Would be a great way to shock people.

• Jared Lutes says:

I also honestly don’t see Barry even making an attempt to to get to the funeral if it isnt Felicity, Roy, or Diggle.

• leolady21 says:

I have been saying for a while now that it is Felicity and you are right Barry would not come unless it’s Felicity, even he is not that close to Diggle or Roy.

• JenJ says:

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. I could see the show trying to throw us off the trail about who was in the grave by giving us someone we thought would be in the grave. We’d all be guessing for months about everyone except the one they showed in the car with Ollie. What if, that wasn’t really a living Felicity?

6. James D says:

O sweet merciful Zeus what has become of this show. I’m not sure if it was bring your kid to work day when this particular episode was being written or someone had one too many “funny” brownies the night before but this was some of the worst writing in this show’s entire run. What was with all the tortured puns they were neither funny nor clever. I’m over Felicity she is grating every nerve in my body poor EBR she deserves better. the reveal at the end was completely predictable. Sorry for the rant, but that was shockingly bad IMO.

• Sorry completely wrong. You thought that when they put Olicity together they just let them live happily ever after? It’s TV and they need drama, also u say stop messing with them and others I saw, say: boring if they will be happy all the time. They did baby mama drama to break them up, don’t u get it? And it’s not killing the show, they are the best part of it. Thats where Olicity haters missing the point. What’s hurting the show are boring flashbacks, magic Oliver can’t fight and too many ppl in masks in Arrow cave, so we lost focus on Oliver. Thats why killing Laurel is great idea, coz there are too many ppl here, Olive is a hero, not all of them. And stop sayin laughable things like Olicity lost the spark. And why Felicity hate? What she did? She was lovely almost all s4 but now they have problems, so you expect her to be like puppy and follow Oliver when he hurt her? I don’t get Felicity hate. So she can’t have feelings? He hurt her, lied to her! She can’t stay geeky IT girl all the time, before she was only a friend to Oliver, now in serious relationship, so its normal emotions are more complex now. And they were happy alomost all s4 she was with him and helped him all the time, so whats wrong? Now they are showing problems, so why Feliicty is to blame, what she did? Mean? When? She said she loves him but he hurt her, they just need a break, I don’t get your hate ppl. You thought that she will just move on and forgive Oliver right away? She stands by her beliefs and is strong as always thats why Oliver loves her!!

7. Ceylan says:

The real question here is what kind of a cold did Curtis have that gave him the ability to do a perfect flip over the monitors and pull a perfect landing?

• Karen MT says:

I sort of thought the same thing, then I remembered what he mentioned about his history. He’s a former Olympian and performed in the Beijing decathlon, which includes the high jump and pole vault. Muscle memory at its finest?

• Dean says:

He said he was in the Olympics and was a finalist in Beijing.

• DarkDefender says:

Those Arrow Cave IV’s are the bomb, yo.

8. MysterLynch says:

If Felecity is not going to be a part of the team, we need to see less of her and not have A) Goofy reasons for her to interact with them or B) Her own storylines, the flashbacks already drag down the show.

• Dha11 says:

she’s returning to the team soon enough. and she most likely will be back together with Oliver before the season ends too.

9. fanta says:

I loved this episode. Felicity was perfect!

10. jj says:

Felicity is done with Oliver and done with team Arrow but does she still use Palmer Tech money to provide for team Arrow or does Oliver need to find a new source of unlimited money?

11. RichieS says:

Why can’t Oliver get together with his baby momma since Felicity dumped him? Being a family man would give his life some balance. But then again, Star City is no place to raise a child.

• DW907 says:

Oliver and Samantha slept together once 10 years prior. They have not see each other during that time until now. She does not love him, nor he her. She wants her son far away from the superhero life and he agrees. Plus, he still loves Felicity and she him. Baby Mama is long gone and was never meant to stay.

12. BenM says:

What is going on with this show? The dialogue and “jokes” were terrible. It’s somehow turned into the first half of the first season of shield. I felt like I was watching a bloody sitcom.

• ? says:

I really wanted Dig or Thea to make a crack about Ollie’s secret past when he mentioned having read Harry Potter. Like, “Ooooh, you had Harry Potter books along with all those beautiful women on your secret murder island?” I can see it now–Year Five island flashbacks: Ollie reads Harry Potter.

• Alex says:

Apart from the fact all the books were out by 2007 which is the year he went to the island for the first time so it’s entirely plausible he read them before the shipwreck

13. lololee24 says:

Boys really can’t stand the sight of girls on super hero shows do they because the sexist chauvinistic comments just keep flowing. These same boys who wank off to anime comics, and fantasy super hero shows can’t stand the thought of watching a intelligent female character. And why would you sorry nerds when all you really want is to watch Felicity and Laurel on their knees paying service to the male characters on the show right? you creeps keep up the Norman Bates act and NO woman (unless she’s slow) would date let alone glance in your sick direction. Shove off back into the deep dark musty hole called your mommies basement and stay there.

14. leolady21 says:

No I wish they would just do away with Felicity No one hurts Oliver this bad and stays

15. lololee24 says:

The Arrow need to grow up and move on. Felicity dumped him and his fragile ego just can’t take it. I love the new cast member but I don’t think he’s going to survive in that world. I’m not feeling the Felicity/Arrow romance story line, I think the writers should move that segment of the story along and get back to the heart of the show. Marlin Is the only reason I’m still drawn to this show. Arrow has got to move the story line along, more action, better plot, less love affairs. That’s it. Just move the show along please. Curtis could be less neurotic it’s becoming a bit of a cliche the whole obnoxious/neurotic/geek advanced computer hacker story line. Enough already let’s have some new ideas. And the CW is really hitting their diversity quota in spades.

• DW907 says:

A bit racist don’t you think with your comment regarding the diversity quota? The CW is a network who embraces diversity and it is a welcome site. Also, Oliver cannot move on with a woman who he still loves. He was engaged to her and made a huge mistake not telling her about his child. It is all about character building on the show. If Oliver and Felicity moved on in one episode it would mean that the three year build up and the actual relationship meant little. Seeing them work through the pain is about creating the characters and allowing them to grow.

• leolady21 says:

I used to, love Felicity but they have made her into such a mean person ( I wanted to say something else call her a bad name) But if they are not going to have them together then why does the team or the show need her? Time for her to go period. PLEASE let Oliver turn back into the Bad —- he was in season one. Writers do a better JOB. You are Killing this Show. If CW cancels Arrow it’s the writers fault. and that’s not fair to us the viewers or to the actors.#arrow needs help

• pem says:

My guess is Oliver and Felicity will be back together by the end of the season. The only reasons for the whole “kid” s/l was to break O&F up, and to give another character’s (somewhat) involvement in the kid s/l, closure. And they did, and that character was VERY gracious about the existence of the kid. As far as Oliver turning “Bad” again… he will, sort of — in the flashbacks. Arrow is Oliver’s “origin” story. As he gets lighter and more “heroic” in the current timeline, he will get darker and more menacing in the flashback timeline, until he’s become the guy that returned to Starling, and starting cracking necks. CW is not cancelling Arrow, already re-upped for S5.

• leolady21 says:

yes they said there would be a season 5 then what? I would be happier if they said yes to season 5-6-7-8 and more like with supernatural I think they have been on for 15 years or more I don’t watch but my sister does. Just signed them up for 5 more seasons

• Sorry completely wrong. You thought that when they put Olicity together they just let them live happily ever after? It’s TV and they need drama, also u say stop messing with them and others I saw, say: boring if they will be happy all the time. They did baby mama drama to break them up, don’t u get it? And it’s not killing the show, they are the best part of it. Thats where Olicity haters missing the point. What’s hurting the show are boring flashbacks, magic Oliver can’t fight and too many ppl in masks in Arrow cave, so we lost focus on Oliver. Thats why killing Laurel is great idea, coz there are too many ppl here, Olive is a hero, not all of them. And stop sayin laughable things like Olicity lost the spark. They are magnetic together. And I don’t get Felicity hate. So she can’t have feelings? He hurt her, lied to her! She can’t stay geeky IT girl all the time, before she was only a friend to Oliver, now in serious relationship, so its normal emotions are more complex now. And they were happy alomost all s4 she was with him and helped him all the time, so whats wrong? Now they are showing problems, so why Feliicty is to blame, what she did? Mean? She wa supportive&loving all s4, but when he hurt her she just need time. She said she loves him, they just need a break, I don’t get your hate ppl. You thought that she will only do puppy eyes when she sees Oliver? She stand by her beliefs and is strong as always thats why Oliver loves her!!

16. Alichat says:

I found Felicity’s ‘tired of all the fighting and the violence’ bit rather frustrating. As Oliver pointed out, she’s the reason he stayed. She’s the one that never fully disconnected from helping the team when she and Oliver left last season. I don’t know. I just don’t buy it. Maybe it didn’t help that I was already annoyed with her after last week’s stream of petty comments. On another note, I did find it funny when she stuffed her mother’s hair into Donna’s mouth to shut her up. And Lance and Curtis running around the lair trying to escape the bee was rather funny.

• I don’t get Felicity hate. So she can’t have feelings? He hurt her, lied to her! She can’t stay geeky IT girl all the time, before she was only a friend to Oliver, now in serious relationship, so its normal emotions are more complex now. And they were happy alomost all s4 she was with him and helped him all the time, so whats wrong? Now they are showing problems, so why Feliicty is to blame, what she did? Mean? When? She only said in the end of 4×15 she need space, which is normal reaction when someone u love so much hurt you. And it is character development. Again, in s1&2 we didn’t know anything abt her father etc. She needed to be more complicated person than just comedian. And she has trust issues coz her father abandoned her. Thats why Oliver lie was big to her. She said she loves him but he hurt her, they just need a break, I don’t get your hate ppl. You thought that she will only do puppy eyes when she sees Oliver? She stand by her beliefs and is strong as always thats why Oliver loves her!!

• Alichat says:

I’m not hating on Felicity. Just because someone voices a negative opinion about something doesn’t mean they hate it. It could be disappointment, frustration, exasperation, confusion, etc. In the episode prior to this, I found her character to be immature. That aggravated and disappointed me. Felicity chose to continue working with the team immediately after she’d ended things with Oliver. I expected her character to be a bit more mature and not toss out petty, catty, snide remarks throughout the episode. We get it….she’s hurt. The comments were annoying and not entertaining. Thus, this week’s comment of being tired of the fighting and violence didn’t seem sincere to me.

17. Denise says:

I like Felicity but she’s kind of useless at this point if she’s not going to be part of team Arrow.

18. Mary says:

So Laurel and Oliver, that is headed in one of two way 1)Laurel is the one in the grave or 2) get back together. And then the questions is how will Felicity find out!!! It does seem like they are preparing to write Felicity off the show maybe her riding off into the sunset by herself. Which would be a shame. Or the whole thing is a big fake out just like last season and they are all pretending so they can take down hive.Just wish they could of give Oliver and Felicity’s relationship a longer chance.

• DW907 says:

Executive Producer and Amell have stated that the Laurel and Oliver relationship is not the direction of the show. He has been with two Black Canaries none have the chemistry that Oliver and Felicity have on the show. The studio, network, and EP have always said that Emily is their spark for the show.

• Ella says:

Oh, please. What a load of crock. They have stated no such thing as a long term plan, it simply goes season by season. And there are fans out there who love that relationship and love Laurel so please don’t make blanket statements. I for one hope Oliver and Laurel find their way back to each, Felicity goes back to being the hilarious, endearing Girl Friday she once was, and the show regains some of the magic it had in season 1.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

Olicity have little chemistry since getting together, imo.

• wrong they have amazing chemistry now&forever. In epi 4×16 was amazing!! Those looks etc. And you thought that when they put Olicity together they just let them live happily ever after? It’s TV and they need drama, also some say stop messing with them and others I saw, say: boring if they will be happy all the time. They did baby mama drama to break them up, don’t u get it? And it’s not killing the show, they are the best part of it. Thats where Olicity haters missing the point. What’s hurting the show are boring flashbacks, magic Oliver can’t fight and too many ppl in masks in Arrow cave, so we lost focus on Oliver. Thats why killing Laurel is great idea, coz there are too many ppl here, Olive is a hero, not all of them. And stop sayin laughable things like Olicity lost the spark. They are magnetic together. And I don’t get Felicity hate. So she can’t have feelings? He hurt her, lied to her! She can’t stay geeky IT girl all the time, before she was only a friend to Oliver, now in serious relationship, so its normal emotions are more complex now. And they were happy alomost all s4 she was with him and helped him all the time, so whats wrong? Now they are showing problems, so why Feliicty is to blame, what she did? Mean? When? She said she loves him but he hurt her, they just need a break, I don’t get your hate ppl. You thought that she will only do puppy eyes when she sees Oliver? She stand by her beliefs and is strong as always thats why Oliver loves her!!

• leolady21 says:

If Facility is going back with Oliver stop messing with them. Because we are getting sick of Facility the way she is NOW it is hurting the show. and I USED to love olicity

• Sorry completely wrong. You thought that when they put Olicity together they just let them live happily ever after? It’s TV and they need drama, also u say stop messing with them and others I saw, say: boring if they will be happy all the time. They did baby mama drama to break them up, don’t u get it? And it’s not killing the show, they are the best part of it. Thats where Olicity haters missing the point. What’s hurting the show are boring flashbacks, magic Oliver can’t fight and too many ppl in masks in Arrow cave, so we lost focus on Oliver. Thats why killing Laurel is great idea, coz there are too many ppl here, Olive is a hero, not all of them. And stop sayin laughable things like Olicity lost the spark. They are magnetic together. And I don’t get Felicity hate. So she can’t have feelings? He hurt her, lied to her! She can’t stay geeky IT girl all the time, before she was only a friend to Oliver, now in serious relationship, so its normal emotions are more complex now. And they were happy alomost all s4 she was with him and helped him all the time, so whats wrong? Now they are showing problems, so why Feliicty is to blame, what she did? Mean? When? She said she loves him but he hurt her, they just need a break, I don’t get your hate ppl. You thought that she will only do puppy eyes when she sees Oliver? She stand by her beliefs and is strong as always thats why Oliver loves her!!

• suzyque says:

I think it’s going to be 1) Laurel is the one in the grave. This episode followed their long standing tradition to give the person who’s leaving some nice moments immediately before they go (Tommy, Moira, Sara, Roy).

God, the comment section is going to be a mess next week!

19. Hodan says:

I liked the episode. Felicity/Thea/Donna’s scenes were funny. Love the final scene between Felicity and Thea. Olicity will always be connected.
    I also loved the opening scene with the group practicing.
    Curtis is awesome.
    Darhk and Malcolm are legit two divas fighting to be relevant in this new world.

20. Bwhit says:

I am so for Curtis joining team Arrow. He can hang :)

21. George H. says:

Getting bored of Arrow. The “Flashbacks” are tedious and aren’t really needed in my opinion.

22. Agent 86 says:

“He also says his storyline could have been condensed to one episode.”

Lol. IF ONLY! I stopped paying attention to the flashback scenes a long time ago. Of course, I also gave up any hope that Arrow could be anywhere near as good as it once was in season 2 a long time ago as well (and yet I’m still watching?!?).

23. ndixit says:

Its a testament to how bad this show has become that this ep actually felt good in context. It would have been considered mediocre 2 seasons ago, but it felt like a light among the trash this season. I’m sure the trash will be back next ep. The flashbacks are intolerable and Oliver is a whiny git. It takes some bloody miracle to have Laurel, Felicity, and Thea be the best part of the episode, but they have dragged Oliver so far down the rabbit hole in ulikability and Diggle is such an overall nonentity that this was the truth today. Well, next ep is Laurel/KC’s last so I hope she finds better work soon. She was badly mishandled by the writers despite her best efforts on the show.

24. Phoenix5634 says:

The thing I can’t stand about this season is the Felicity and Oliver, kid drama. It’s literally divided the fandom into a repeating loop of the conversation Oliver and Thea had a few episodes ago. And it’s just getting annoying. I’m more interested in the story, Oliver as the arrow, the League , Damien Darhk and Hive, Nyssa if she’d stop throwing emotional fits and doing stupid things, the island and the flashbacks, Constantine and magic, Malcolm and the pending vandal savage resurrection. There’s so much they could do another than this relationship drama, it’s not a soap opera, despite what some delusional fans seem to think they want.

• Arrow is Oliver’s “origin” story. As he gets lighter and more “heroic” in the current timeline, he will get darker and more menacing in the flashback timeline, until he’s become the guy that returned to Starling, and starting cracking necks. And Felicity helps shape him into GA. Also soap opera was in s1 with Tommy/Laurel/Oliver love triangle and Oliver sleeping with Sara, his ”love of his life” sister. THAT IS SOAP OPERA. Serious relationship like Oliver and Felicity is not. But they need to show obstacles, they were happy almost all s4 and they needed to break them up. I didn’t like baby mama drama either, they could separate them better without this baby, but still- they needed to do this. It’s TV. And Felicity hate is absurd! Like she said she needs space, she said this in the end of 4×15. That normal when u were abt to get married and your loved one hurt you. You have to understand both points of view! Felicity was abandoned child and has trust issuse. We only get to know her father in this season. She will have her own journey with Palmer Tech now and it’s great! And yes, she is love of Oliver life, so she ain’t going away anytime soon. Also the flashbacks are boring, the magic is making Oliver weak and why u are invested in the story are emotions, not 40 min per episode fights.

25. Colleen says:

It was a great episode. I loved seeing mamma Smoak & Felicity. Their banter back & forth is hilarious. I also loved Thea going to talk with Felicity to try to get her to go back, but also to see if she can get Alex away from Darks wife. I did find it compelling that Laurel was the one to shoot it straight to Oliver that it wasn’t being the Green Arrow, but the lies he told as to why Felicity broke up with him. I thought Curtis was a hoot, but I’m not gonna lie, I was bummed Felicity isn’t going back to the team. I miss OTA dynamic & think it sucks after waiting for her to get her name (#overwatch) she is no there anymore. Overall, it was 10 out of 10 for me. It had drama, humor, & action. All the things I love!

26. Momo says:

This episode is the reason I don’t understand the hope for Laurel and Oliver to get together. Their scenes together are atrocious and there has never been a more “friend zone” dialect ever than between them in this episode. I think after we find out who is in the grave, Felicity will have to come back to the team because she wants to make sure Oliver kills “the son of a b*tch.”

27. DarkDefender says:

Just my two cents on the flashbacks:
    They are very slow going… For sure… But they seem to be directly connected to Darhk’s mystical powers and will likely lead to the end of him (for good) as the season’s big bad.
    I’m not sure who is in the grave, but it clearly is the set up for the first half of next season’s big bad… I’m kind of hoping the BB will be Merlyn. Then we can have Nyssa back with the LOA to help take him out, for good.

28. My new theory of who is in the grave is Felicity! The show runners probably said her in the limo wasn’t a hallucination or whatever but I mean c’mon! The similarities to Slade would be too ironic to pass up.

29. Okay who ever called it as Diggle, you might be right, cause Diggle, Barry knows him well and that would be reason enough to bring him to Star City for the service

30. Mr Debunker says:

What’s going on with this show? Last weeks was bad enough, now mechanical bees turn into a humanoid, wtf. All this Felicity crap is causing me to grow tits. Two weeks ago I would have defended this show as one of the best super hero shows and the past two weeks have been almost as bad as Supergirl and that’s bad. Please bring back the show I love.

31. peterwdawson says:

So assuming the rumor we’d meet a replacement for the person who dies in this episode, then I gotta toss at least some chips into the Ghost Felicity pile now.

• Michelle says:

There was a rumor? Ooo don’t give me hope lol.

• leolady21 says:

It’s Felicity in the grave and Oliver just see’s her in the car she’s Not there not really

• Michelle says:

You guys wouldn’t tease a gal, would you ?

But it would make sense if she was a ghost and that Barry was there.

• peterwdawson says:

Yeah, I forget if it was credible or not, but it was going around. Honestly I think the big pay-off for the phoned in island magic flashbacks is we learn, and Oliver later realizes, he does in fact have some kind of latent mediumship ability, and thus why he sometimes sees ghosts (and it isn’t some kind of recurring trauma effect as originally suspected). This would explain the scene in the limo.

32. partisan says:

I gonna take a long shot and say that Felicity is in the grave…hear me out. I know she was in the limo with Oliver but what if she was a hallucination? A manifestation of his guilt, not the actual person. Nobody else saw her and her death would be enough to bring Barry to the funeral. Like I said a long shot but if it turns out to be true I’m gonna feel pretty smug.

• partisan says:

OK, just saw there’s a couple of other folks that are thinking hallucination Felicity too so maybe not quite as smug, but still gonna go with F in the grave.

• Phoenix5634 says:

That’s a very interesting theory, especially since Felicity had a life-like hallucination this season too, so something like that isn’t off the table..

• Angela says:

They better not kill off Felicity. If it is Felicity then what the heck was the point of all the relationship drama? I mean it would basically be beat Oliver while he’s down. It would have been much more shocking to just have killed her when she was shot earlier in the season. Plus the whole idea of a hallucination of Felicity is such blatant manipulation of an audience that it might be enough to make me quit what is one of my favorite shows. I have hope that the writers wouldn’t be this idiotic but after all the contrived drama this season, I just do not know. I still suspect it’s Detective Lance or Laurel (based on the Dhark story line) but it does seem like Diggle is a big possibility after the previews. I think killing anyone from OTA would be a mistake for the show. OTA is what they need to get back to.

33. Dj says:

I agree that when the season ends the flashbacks will play a part in how he beats Darhk, but I think that’s the problem for me. I like when the flashback adds to the episodes they are in. When they only apply to the season long arc they slow the episode they are in down.

34. Dude says:

My theory is that it’s Laurel. I wish it wasn’t but they haven’t given her much to do this season and Katie Cassidy recently dyed her hair which leads me to believe they’re no longer forcing her to dye it blonde. She’s also been posting old photos to Instagram a lot lately.

• They’re not going to kill the Black Canary. The are going to kill Diggle he was super underused this episode and only to find out that his brother is still up to no good. It is unfortunate that they would kill Diggle he is just a means to carry the story forward and he deserves more than that.

• suzyque says:

Yup, Katie Cassidy’s social media posts lately have been really suspicious. She posted a photo about being at work on the same day that Stephen Amell said everyone had the day off.

35. Joey Padron says:

Good to see Curtis working with the team. Funny how he found the lair and his reaction to finding out who is the team. Surprised Diggle’s brother is still working with HIVE and working with Malcolm.

36. Brian says:

I just want to see Green Arrow save the day. And use his bow to actually hurt and take down an enemy

37. Phoenix5634 says:

So is the idol in the flashbacks the same one Darhk was using, or is that another? And was Darhk’s plan to kill the city or something and supercharge himself with like hundreds of thousands deaths? And is this at all related to how vandal savage is resurrected?

38. Once I heard “Mr. Diggle” I knew the person in the grave is Diggle. Hopefully my gut is wrong about it though..

39. Cynthia says:

Loved the Thea and Felicity interaction. Great episode. Miss Olicity…

40. brenna says:

I loved this episode. It was suspenseful and had a lot of fun humor. I really hope Diggle Is not the one dying next week. He is one of the most popular and loved characters. Diggle, Felicity and Oliver have been my favorites since Season 1. When the focus was on those three, with occasional help from others, fighting as a team, it was more balanced and we got to see the focus more on Oliver in the fight scenes. SA is the best at the action scenes. I’ve loved this season except for the lying storyline, which hasn’t made any character look good. Oliver/Green Arrow and especially Stephen Amell deserves better than that. I look forward to seeing what the rest of the season holds.

41. Luis says:

I congratulate “Arrow” writers on skillfully keeping fans on the edge of our seats over the grave mystery throughout the whole season. Skillfully dropping bread crumbs that point in several different directions, the writers have left all us fans scratching our heads and biting our fingernails, hoping against hope we’re not about to say goodbye to our favorite character. My “money” is on Diggle’s number to come up, which would make me inordinately sad, as I love David Ramsey in this role, and love the father/older brother figure he has played for Oliver over the last four years. Whoever the body in the grave turns out to be, he/she will be missed, as “Arrow” has become a welcome TV family for me.

42. Pat says:

I enjoyed this episode. I love that Curtis helped out with the technical business for the Green Arrow Team and also was able to see who was all involved with this team. My concern is for next week. I just hope that Andy does not kill his brother, but the scene at the grave with Oliver and Barry well that could mean Diggle could be the one in that grave because if it were Andy, why would Barry be there? It could also be Capt. Lance. I really have no complaints with any of these main characters. Yes,there are some episodes that are better then others, but maybe it is my age and I am enjoying all of these super hero shows.

• leolady21 says:

I think it not Diggle I think it’s Felicity, she not working with the team any more so Oliver can’t protect her. And Flash is there because she almost had a thing with him. Oliver really is not talking to her in the car. He just thinks he see and hears her It’s felicity in the grave.
      I feel sorry for Emily she is a good actress.

• Artis says:

that would be horrible and is a long shot, but it makes some sense. Felicity is one of the few – if not the only – characters whose death would want Oliver to kill again. and having seen her in the car would make for the perfect red herring. god, I hope it’s not her. Oliver and Felicity have so great chemistry, they need to get back together (screw the haters). Emily Bett Rickards is great, best actor/actress on Arrow.

43. kath says:

It took 85 episodes but they finally found a Laurel I could really like. “Don’t it always seem to go,
    That you don’t know what you’ve got ‘Til it’s gone.”

Bree Larvin was fun and Curtis and Donna livened up the lair and PT respectively. Bree should have taken out more of the greedy PT Board.

I think the flashbacks are starting to make sense but not enough to have me watch them. Although I couldn’t figure out who Malcolm was talking to. Not John Diggle, surely! Oh, Andy is still around. I think I actually prefer the flashbacks to the black hole that is the Andy Diggle plot this season.

44. pablo says:

I think it is Cap Lance.
    He is the main witness against Darkh, so his death will help him to go out of prision.

45. Dee says:

My fondest wish is that Felicity dies, then Emily replaces that non-entity that plays Supergirl. Won’t happen, but it would greatly improve both shows.

46. Castle says:

In Legends of Tomorrow, it was said in the year 2046, Palmer Tech would be known as SMOAK. Unless that has no bearing, then I guess it might just be Felicity in the grave. You never know..all these DC – CW shows are intertwined.

47. Sil says:

I don’t hate any character. The talk on here is tiresome with all the hate. I thought this EP was fun, funny, entertaining. Loved Donna and, especially, Curtis. So glad to see him being a part of the team. A nice start to being Mr. Terrific. Lance is also part of the team now too. I liked it so much I’ve rewatched it.