Post Mortems
Supergirl Spoilers

Supergirl Bosses on Future Crossovers, Myriad's Plan, Kara/James' [Spoiler]

It was a superhero match made in crossing-universes heaven: During Monday’s Supergirl, the Girl of Steel and The Flash made each other’s acquaintance in the comic book equivalent of a meet-cute.

When Silver Banshee’s scream nearly sent Kara plummeting to her death, Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin) raced in — from another Earth! — for the save, and the two heroes quickly hit it off. (Apparently, anyone who can follow the concept of multiple Earths is a friend for life.) Without The Flash‘s Cisco or Dr. Wells around, Barry easily slipped into Kara’s small group of confidantes while trying to find a way back home. In the meantime, the new pals worked Supergirl Spoilerstogether to defeat baddies Silver Banshee and Livewire; their insta-chemistry, both in and out of their costumes, sparked James’ jealousy. But it was Barry’s romantic advice that finally found Kara moving forward in her relationship with her colleague/friend. “I’m going to miss you,” she said as she bid adieu to Barry by throwing him back to his Earth at Supergirl speed. (We’ll miss his natural and animated presence on the CBS series, too.)

Given the creative success of The Flash’s visit, producers are hopeful about more crossovers with their CW dramas, like Kara making a trip to the speedster’s show (“We would love that,” executive producer Greg Berlanti says) or a Flash villain’s doppelganger showing up on Supergirl (“We’ve just talked about that recently,” Berlanti reveals). And as EP Andrew Kreisberg notes, Legends of Tomorrow‘s time-traveling spaceship “can do and go anywhere,” even to different Earths.

In discussing this crossover’s genesis, Berlanti also hints at the idea of Supergirl and Green Arrow interacting, saying, “From the day we cast Melissa [Benoist], the notion of her in scenes with Grant [Gustin] – or someday maybe in the best of all worlds with [Arrow star] Stephen [Amell], as well – it’s exciting to think of them on screen together.”

Below, Berlanti and Kreisberg talk about the episode’s big Supergirl-related cliffhangers, including that liplock, Non’s plans for National City and more.

KISS AND TELL | Kara finally planted a smooch on James, but as she awkwardly tried to get a read on his reaction, Non activated Myriad. Cue the photojournalist wordlessly walking out the door and down the street… along with everyone else in National City. The juxtaposition “felt like the best kind of Whedon-esque pathos,” Kreisberg says. As for why Kara was the one to make the first move, “Barry’s advice about when to go slowly and when to move fast really resonated with her,” the EP explains. “She finally realized, too, they’ve had so many fits and starts throughout the course of the year, and so much of it was because one of them didn’t stop talking and just act.”

BAD GUYS WITH A POINT | Non’s Myriad scheme is not without its merits. In the next episode, the seemingly evil Kryptonian “gives a speech where he talks about, ‘What has your free will gotten you?'” Kreisberg previews. “‘It’s gotten you a planet full of reality TV shows and politicians who can’t stand each other, and you’re all sitting by as global warming is coming to destroy your planet. What if everybody was working in lockstep? What if everybody was moving in the same direction? What if everybody was working together? Wouldn’t that be better?'” Back on their home planet, Kara’s aunt tried to put Myriad into action. To her dismay, she was thwarted — and then everyone was killed in Krypton’s destruction, which just goes to show, “at least from her perspective, that [her] plan might have saved Krypton and [her] plan can save Earth,” Kreisberg points out.

Supergirl SpoilersUNEXPECTED ALLIES | Kara will not fight Myriad alone, despite its spell over the city’s denizens. Help will come in the form of “a couple of surprising players that you wouldn’t expect to be the two people who are completely unaffected,” Kreisberg teases. (Perhaps the promo photo to the right offers a hint at their identities?)

UNMASKING HEROES | If Cat was so easily able to decipher that Barry is The Flash, then how can she still be in the dark about her assistant’s secret identity? “There’s a number of people that assume that she does know and just doesn’t say anything,” Berlanti notes. “Both are safe bets. We haven’t firmed up if and when we [will] clarify that point. I think it’s kind of enjoyable to appreciate the show both ways.”

What did you think of Supergirl‘s crossover with The Flash? Grade it via the poll below, then hit the comments to back up your pick!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. . (@yikes77) says:

I really hope this show comes back. The crossover was the best of the season. So fun!

• DixonSteele1on1 says:

Grant Gustin is the Jimmy Stewart/Henry Fonda Everyman of the DC comic book TV world! He makes everything he touches and with whom he works turn to gold! The CW & CBS should always be grateful to/for him bringing yet another great crossover show to the masses/fans!

• Paul says:

Les Moonves has said that around five freshmen dramas will return. There are about seven. I would bet they want to see how Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Rush Hour do for a few weeks before deciding – but I would guess they odds are good.

• Hellas13 says:

Gave Supergirl another shot and nope. Will stick with the Flash and Arrow but no Supergirl. Just not worth it.

• sarah t says:

Agree. I like Melissa but and I love the Flash (Arrow, LOT as well) but I just can’t get into Supergirl. For some reason, the tone of it seems slightly cheesier? Or maybe it’s that I have slightly different expectations since it’s on CBS? Not sure what it is but I just can’t get into it. I did like the crossover though. I wouldn’t mind if Supergirl flew over to Barry’s earth.

• Angela says:

Supergirl is superior to both shows. Better written than both too. Plus Melissa has charisma to burn

• Rob says:

No way

• Symce says:

Agreed. Flash is also fun though, but Arrow just makes me wanna roll my eyes. Supergirl really hit it’s stride this back half. Hope they get a season 2 so they can improve even further. (especially the pacing) but at least it doesn’t have such a dud of a lead as Arrow does.

• Terri says:

Oh dear Lord, the cheese. I’m in the same boat. Tried Supergirl, but the directing and writing are just terrible. Nothing this expensive should be this bland and charmless. It is the tv equivalent of unflavored tofu.

• Sammi Lee says:

Different strokes for different folks. I find it fun and very charming. I always love people who make snarky comments like they are the only ones who decide what is good and classic–when, sadly, they don’t matter either. You want some more whine to go with your cheese? Perhaps, the Kardashian Klan is more to your liking….SMDH

• tvjunkie says:

Those 2 shows have dark broody, sometimes self hating heroes. Supergirl is fun loving/spunky. So they are quite different tones.

2. dancmh says:

Kara’s “YES!” at the ice cream cone was my favorite moment of the entire season.

3. When this crossover was first announced, i was VERY hesitant because the universes are different. Once they confirmed it was through the multiverse, I became all for it. I LOVED this episode. I think I was smiling the whole time! I also love that they referenced the similarities between the two stories since that is something I have noticed throughout the season. I would not be opposed to more crossovers as long as they continue to ensure they make sense.

4. Lysh says:

Gosh, if Oliver could stop brooding for an hour, I would love for an Arrow/Supergirl crossover. Or Arrow/Flash/Supergirl. Barry was somehow ten times more adorable tonight. So was Kara and Winn. I want to hug this episode.
    Not surprising that Cat was unaffected (she’s a tough cookie) but it’s great to see Lord there, too.

5. Julie J says:

Best episode of Supergirl by far. Kara and Barry were just so cute together. Watching Barry and Winn together made me wish Cosco was there too. CBS needs to renew this show or CW needs to get their hands on it so there can be a Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow team up. I wonder what Diggle’s reaction would be to Supergirl :)

• sporting4231 says:

I was thinking that if CBS doesn’t pick up Super Girl it might make send for the CW to pick it up.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The CW couldn’t afford it.

C/O Variety: “Despite the rumor mill, Berlanti says there was never a chance of the show moving to the CW. Plus, he adds, “We would never have been able to afford the kind of budget we have.””

It’s also why Supergirl didn’t appear on The Flash. Flying = $$$$$.

• NC says:

Maybe since on Barry’s earth there is no Superman/Supergirl, it could be said that the sun is different and affects Kara differently. Perhaps there she can’t fly…

6. Tiff says:

Amazing Episode. I love it. Hope Supergirl gets picked for a 2nd season so there can be more crossover.🎆

7. I really hate the whole James and Kara relationship. And I rolled my eyes at everyone pimping them. Give me a break already.

• Ashley says:

Agreed. It just doesn’t feel organic and I know chemistry is subjective but for me, Mechad is literally the only person on the show Melissa doesn’t have it with.

• Yeeee says:

• Geee, I wonder why you’d say that. The only one huh? On the whole show? That she doesn’t have chemistry with? My my, that is strange.

Long live predictable fandom racism and the inevitable denial that it IS racism, even though we all see you. Never fails.

• Christy Snell says:

Yep! The same with Barry and Iris.

• D says:

typical ignorant libtard PC moron, EVERYTHING has to be about race it’ can’t be because there isn’t any chemistry between them it HAS to be because he’s black, you know that makes you the racist because apparently all you see is race. James and Kara don’t have that kind of chemistry to me, even though the show is forcing it, to me it was more of a big brother vibe which makes the whole thing feel incestuous.

• candice3150 says:

Yep, he’s the only one she has zero chemistry with & it has nothing to do with race. What’s predictable is a post like yours that claims that any semi negative comment about anything even partially relating to a POC must, of course, only be because of that person’s race. I have zero issue with mixed race couples. I love Barry/Iris, Fitz/Olivia, Abbie/Crane, just to name a few. . I like JJ also, just think he’s better with JDT. Not sure why they are forcing the Kara/Jimmy relationship so, so much. They. Don’t. Work. I like her with Winn but I really liked her with Cat’s son. Funny since that actor is her real husband. Anyway, I truly hope they just drop that whole thing.

• Jimbo says:

Hey Mia
            Not all of us want to see Supergirl become a filthy mudshark. Why can’t each race just stick to their own, when did that become a crime?

• thunder239 says:

Why am I not surprised by idiotic comments from people like D and Jumbo? Libtard? Mudshark? Are you guys 3 years old?

• Angela says:

I agree Ashley! It feels forced. He fits better with Lucy. Kara and Winn have chemistry to burn

• Pam says:

Yeah, I dunno. I’m not sure it’s about race. I see James as a college + age guy and she’s a doe eyed teeny bopper. She seems a bit too young for him. I’d also prefer to see her with Cat’s son. He’s soooo dreamy!

• BrightLight says:

I almost threw my remote at my TV when Barry started shipping them to. Sorry writers, but I’m not drinking your Jara Kool-Aid. Now Bara I could ship for a lifetime and of course that can’t happen since they are on two different shows (and in two different universes). Melissa had more chemistry with that ice cream cone than she does with Mechad.

• NRQ says:

I’m kind of over the Kara/James thing too. I like him with Jenna Dewan Tatum’s “Lucy Lane” because there’s chemistry there. Love Melissa Benoist as Super-G and she’s certainly making that role her own but she comes across awkwardly whenever the shows creators try to push the whole Kara-pines-for-James thing. Move it along and try something else please.

• elizabethp056 says:

Whaaaaat? I love James and Kara together, I think they have fantastic chemistry. Stop hating, Karolsen all the way!

• I wanted an actual episode? says:

Personally I feel that Supergirl has writers that like to go overboard with relationships. I came to this episode expecting a cute SuperFlash crossover and got more Kara/James talk then actual plot. Romance is fine, but when it steals from the plot of the episode? Please, STOP! The ‘race’ we were promised (and was much hyped) wasnt even a race and was cut short to make room for a mostly pointless kiss scene? Besides, Kara and James was sort of cute, but as per usual of all TV show standards, a real relationship between two ‘soulmates’ should be dragged out until AT LEAST the season finale, but all the way to season 3 of we can manage. Unfortunately for all the Berlanti/Kriesberg shows I’ve seen, that dragging out is so unnatural and forced that by the time they DO get together, any chemistry they had is gone and one or both of the characters has usually become fairly dislikable. All in the name of ‘will they/won’t they’ which is stupid because when have they ever not?

• Wait, so you don’t want lots of relationshippy stuff but you DO want them to drag out the WTOWT drama for 3 seasons?? Pick a lane?

Also there was loads of SuperFlash – I came for both that and relationshippy stuff and I was satisfied on both ends. And since when do any of these crossovers really deliver on races and fights? I think the only ep that did was the Flarrow crossover where Oliver had to stop Evil Flash but that’s about it, usually this is how they go. And the kiss wasn’t pointless, it made for a really effective “WTF” moment and added to the creepiness of seeing everyone march out all zombie-like.

• KCC says:

You really missed the point the OP was making. They DON’T like the will they/won’t they stuff, they even called it “stupid because when have they ever not?”.
            The kiss is only pointless if James doesn’t remember it. It depends on exactly when he became controlled by Non and if he’ll remember anything that happens after that point. Kara’s reaction to the kiss was odd, “was it good? was it bad? was it too good?” The last I checked kissing involves two people and if James was being mind controlled just before or during the kiss, you would think it was a bad kiss from Kara’s perspective.

• Joseph B says:

YES I KNOW RIGHT! Kara and James 100% They are perfect for each other!

• Cate53 says:

I’m not a Kara/James fan either. I think she’d be much better off just being Supergirl – no man candy needed!

• Mai says:

Agreed. Barry & Kara were lots of fun, as regular characters, and in their dynamic as superheros. Winn’s reaction was spot on and cute too. I would’ve enjoyed the crossover so much more if all that James & Kara relationship thing didn’t need to be propped up by almost every character, the most preposterous being Kat & Lucy. In fact, if James’ character was completely absent from that episode, it would’ve made it perfect.

• rick says:

I agree, i agree, i agree. if they continue the relationship which nobody wants i think people will stop watching and the show does not stand a chance. i wonder if cbs is smart enough to listen to the views?

8. parstl says:

It’s crazy that CBS has not renewed Supergirl. It’s a no brainer. Give the fans a vote of confidence in what has been a sensational addition to prime time for young and old alike.

• ? says:

They don’t own it. That’s all it comes down to. In this day and age I don’t understand why studios even bother shopping a show to a network/platform they don’t own. That network is just going to abuse the show and drop it the second they can for something they do own. The only thing in Supergirl’s favor that might save it from that abuse is that WB and CBS are partners in the CW so they have to be at least a little nice to it. And I think the odds are pretty good of it finding a new home if they drop it anyway.

• Osiris says:

Agreed. CBS has so little confidence in Supergirl that on nights when there are Scorpion re-runs, they run Big Bang Theory reruns instead of Supergirl. I don’t think they have ever put a re-run of Supergirl on. Not even on Saturday, where just about every other show has had a re-run. even the lower rated Limitless.

9. Ashley says:

I missed Alex and Hank this episode, but it was definitely a good one overall. Though James/Kara does absolutely nothing for me and it is starting to feel very forced.

• elizabethp056 says:

Oh please, it’s not forced at all. It’s been something the show has alluded to since the pilot. It only feels forced because you don’t want them together.

• JD says:

Or Ashley doesnt want them together because it feels forced?

• Lola says:

Kara/James shippers are always so much more defensive and rude than any of the other ships. You guys realize YOU’RE the ones the writers are feeding out of the palms of their hand, right?

• S. says:

Everywhere I see James loses to Winn when it comes to polls. James and Kara fell flat…and fast

• canadian ninja says:

Yeah – it took me awhile to figure out his deal but now I’m team Winn, well I’m mostly team the-show-doesn’t-need-to-pair-off-Kara but that’s not as catchy so…

• Jenny says:

That isn’t entirely accurate I’ve seen a few polls floating around on twitter in which Kara/Winn loose out big to both James/Kara and Cat/Kara. Tumblr in particular seems obsessed with James and Kara. I’d rather her be by herself to be truthful(which she has been most of the season anyway) but if they’re gonna pair her with anyone, I don’t mind James at all. I don’t get romantic vibes from Winn at all, if anything I get little brother vibes from him. I can’t take him seriously as a romantic love interest for Kara. Even the actor who plays Winn, Jeremy Jordan doesn’t want Winn and Kara together. In a recent Supergirl panel Jeremy Jordan said he wants Winn’s character to be gay or bisexual and he was being dead serious when he said it.

• Jenny says:

@Lola I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous. Have you paid any attention to the racist hate James/Kara gets on twitter? Some of the most vulgar disgusting comments I’ve ever seen about tv characters in my entire life have been directed at Kara and James on twitter this season just because Supergirl is some iconic white woman in love with a black guy. Honestly I’d rather have Kara by herself than with anyone but to actually suggest Kara/James shippers are “always much more defensive and RUDE than any of the other ships” is beyond absurd. No other ‘shipping’ has to deal with the racist nonsense from butt hurt trolls the way the Kara/James pairing does. At least try to be somewhat reasonable with your arguments.

• Jenny says:

Also before you try to mention the success of Jessica Jones try to keep in mind Jessica Jones was a b-list hero from the comics on a hardcore rated MA show on Netflix. While Supergirl is arguably the second most iconic female hero of all-time after Wonder Woman and is being featured on a prime time nationally televised stage. Much different audience demographic that comes with much different expectation/perspectives. I/R couples in those sort of situations always have it worse in terms of fan shipping hate and that’s something that simply can’t be argued or disputed. Just look at the hate Iris/Barry receive. Can’t even imagine how much hate would be spewed if they ever showed Wonder Woman with a black guy.

• rick says:

If you like the white girl with big black man there is another film industry that you can watch all you need to but lets leave it off of prime time so the small children do not have to see it. Let them grow up and make their own mind up and not do it because “Supergirl Does the Black guy”

• Mai says:

Yes! I was thinking that it was a shame Alex & Hank, Kara’s “family”, weren’t there. The crossover could’ve mentioned, as another similarity between the superheros, that whole surrogate family and father thing with Hank & Kara with Joe & Barry too. This is another reason I don’t like the James-Kara thing, and not liking James in general. Yes, that relationship is way too forced. But James isn’t that great a character. Kara has chemistry with literally every body else on the show, except for James.

10. Drew says:

Awesome episode! Best moment for me was Cat proclaiming that Kara, Winn, James, and Barry” look like the attractive yet non-threatening racially diverse cast of a CW show”. So good.

11. Bryan says:

This crossover was unbelievably good (way better than I had even hoped!) I loved seeing The Flash and Supergirl together. I only wish they existed on the same Earth, so they don’t have to keep coming up with contrived ways of getting between universes. They better renew Supergirl for season 2, or I’m going to be seriously disappointed.

• Brian says:

Once Barry perfects universe-jumping, he wouldn’t need a reason to come hang out.

• ? says:

I love that they’re on different Earths, because the odds of some kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths adaptation happening eventually at this point is really high. And everyone knows that Flash and Supergirl died in the Crisis and stayed dead for like 20 years! The stakes would be super high! Man. I’m sure the budgetary and scheduling logistics would be really hard to arrange, but a three-part Crisis crossover would be so awesome!

• Phoenix5634 says:

Supergirl dropped a huge easter egg! “infinite earths”

• Blah says:

I too love that they are on different earths. Any distance that can keep a good show like supergirl away from the disappointing show arrow has been for 2+ seasons is a good thing in my books

12. clintbrew says:

there could be a barry allen on kara earth who hasnt become the flash yet cus didnt reverse flash change the timeline on the flash to make barry become the flash early also ollie could still be on the island or running around starling city in secret

13. Rob Horine says:

Moonves, stop sitting on the fence and renew this show now!

14. DixonSteele1on1 says:

15. Phun says:

Awesome episode! I loved that the real life heroes, our first responders, came to the rescue of the reel life superheroes. Nice of the towns people to come together and defend Supergirl.Anxiously awaiting the announcement of Season 2.

• RichieS says:

When they showed the fire truck I half expected Casey and Severeid from Chicago Fire to be the responders since they’re kinda the crossover kings.

16. Jason says:

why is it going on hiatus after winning over new fans with this episode? makes no sense

• Luke says:

the same thing will happen with The Flash, after this weeks episode it’ll go on a two week hiatus and Arrow as well after next week’s episode;
      all of this so they can stretch the shows all the way till the end of May or in Supergirl’s case the middle of April; Supergirl only has 2 more episodes after all though I still don’t get way they can’t just end it on the 11th instead of the 18th;

• Phun says:

It’s a one week break. I think the NCAA championship game is on next week. No point in going up against that.

Myriad – April 11, 2016
      Better angels- April 18, 2016 (season finale)

17. Linda says:

I loved Barry and Kara and Barry and Winn and Barry, Winn and Kara! They were all so cute with their ‘geeking’ out together. (I do wish Alex would have been there though.) I actually do think Cat knows about Kara being Supergirl but is playing dumb.

• Drew says:

I agree: Cat knows Kara is Supergirl. She knew Cousin Barry was the Flash. She’s observant. She’s smart. She knows. Some evidence tonight was her utter lack of surprise that Kara survived being blown out a window, and her in-your-face gloating to Kara about just how aware she is of coincidences. She knows.

18. Patrick Maloney says:

Can we make Zor-Allen a thing?

19. night61 says:

i would have given it an awsome if they had sang, however they didn’t so i have to give it a very good

20. Sarah says:

I loved it, but I still felt that with the squeezing in of the banshee backstory and setting up livewire/banshee team up, while necessary, gave us less time with Barry and Kara. I also would have loved to see more time with Winn geeking out over Barry – we only got a few stolen moments. Also would have been nice to actually see them working on a way to get Barry home rather than one ‘aha’ moment at the very end. Oh well – hopefully we get another crossover!

21. Rachel says:

Barry just made this show 100% better. Too bad it was only for one ep.

22. Brian says:

I don’t think Cat knows Kara is Supergirl, and it’s because “Kara Danvers” isn’t a normalcy act, it’s who she really is (whereas Supergirl is who she wants to be). Last week’s episode finally hit me that CatCo Kara is who she’s been raised/trained to be since she got here and Jeremiah told her the world didn’t need her to be herself. While “Clark Kent” is an act and a meta message that the weakest amongst us can be our greatest hero, “Kara Danvers” is a cautionary tale–imagine how much more living she could’ve done, not to mention how many more people she could’ve saved, if she’d been told that she could be super too.

• Blah says:

That’s the duality of the archetype. There is a great speech in kill bill about it. How in each different version of Superman(supergirl) one is mask and the other is the true self, but that each version is completely valid as the real person.

For me personally I’m always partial to the Clark Kent/Kara Danvers is the real personality version of the character

23. Ninamags says:

I loved it!! They are adorable together.

It was fantastic all around. I hope Barry is able to come back a few more times.

I really don’t want Arrow anywhere near Kara. His brow-beaten, pathetic ways might rub off on Kara.

• Alicia says:

Totally agree!!!!
      No to Arrow!

• Phoenix5634 says:

Yes Arrow! But first they should meet through a Flash crossover

• Lola says:

The tones of Arrow and Supergirl are so different and the story lines are so impossible to combine, It would be like Daredevil or Jessica Jones coming onto Agent Carter. Might be cool but the only reason this episode worked is because Flash and Supergirl are both very lighthearted in tone.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Or like I dunno, Batman and Superman? .. Haha. Arrow is basically Batman for the TV franchise. Plus Flash could be like the middle ground just in case.

24. stacy030 says:

Wait, the Legends ship can go to multiple earths? Hmm.. Neat!! Can’t wait till they go to the Prison Break earth ;)

Note: I know that this will ever happen, but it will in my head. And it’s quite awesome.

25. James D says:

So Fantastic. I loved it and laughed so hard. Grant and Melissa are wonderful together can they please be on a buddy cop show after Supergirl and Flash are over, such great chemistry. I liked how they fit Non in at the end it served the season arc moving forward without feeling added on. Great Stuff.

26. K says:

I absolutely loved this episode! Barry and Kara were even more adorable together than I thought they would be!

27. zackkattackk843 says:

It was the absolute best!! Honestly, it was an entire hour of me smiling because Grant and Melissa have exquisite chemistry together and their interactions were beyond cute. PLEASE let this crossover happen again soon.

28. rowan77 says:

Best episode of the season to date. Great fun – and I don’t even watch The Flash, although I’m thinking maybe I should.

29. DW says:

Absolutely loved this episode! This series has really found its way in the second half of the season. Here’s to a season 2 CBS!!!

30. Ms Thang says:

The SuperFlash crossover exuded so much fun and light. I hope the announcement of Supergirl’s renewal would come soon. Looking forward to the next Kara-Barry meeting.
    No to Arrow and that atrocious show on Supergirl.

31. James says:

I am no longer watching this show. I am completely against interracial relationships.

Once Kara kissed the black, I was done.

No white girl should ever be with a black. It makes her damaged goods.

• Drew says:

You must have time traveled from an alternate backwards Earth stuck in the ’50s… I hope you find your way back soon.

• CE says:

Sounds like you’re the damaged goods. What a racist, disgusting comment.

• Ae says:

Disgusting comment the show is great without you watching…

• Ted says:

They don’t want or need viewers like you, you racist garbage fire. Enjoy voting Trump.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Are you late for meeting with David Duke…

• murley says:

How hateful.

• Osiris says:

The irony is people think Jessica Jones is the Greatest Show On Earth, and she had sex with a black guy, the guy was even nude, but Kara kisses James and the world is coming to an end.

• Jeff says:

Um, you are aware that it’s the 21st Century. Also Her character is an ALIEN from another planet. Go spread Hate on a KKK website. Redneck.

• Sammi Lee says:

Huh, the only “damage” I see is your tiny little brain–I suggest you go kiss a light socket–it might improve your closed mind…

• Michelle says:

It’d be great if TV line could delete and ban these types of comments..

• Kylo says:

Why? I’m glad tv line is keeping these sort of comments up so everyone knows ignorant racists like the OP absolutely do still exist in this world. Sick of ppl pretending like all the viewers are colorblind, the sad truth is a lot aren’t. Deleting comments like the OP would only enable ppl to keep denying that racism still exists…

• Grayson says:

Amen brother! James you’re spot on, no one wants to watch Supergirl of all women degrading herself to be with blacks. I’m honestly gonna watch the season finale just to see if my hopes of James dying pans out but if not, then I’m done with the show too. Can’t stand this white woman/black man propaganda the media keeps trying to shove down our throats. 9/10 white women aren’t into blacks at all, nor do they want to see Supergirl with one. Smh.

• Mai says:

Woah there. No need for such blatant racism. I don’t like the couple either, but it’s because it’s too forced, they have no chemistry, and his “suave James Olsen” is my least favorite Jimmy Olsen ever. I actually really enjoy her teammate, almost fatherly relationship with Hank. Why didn’t you stop watching when Hank started becoming a surrogate father figure? Geesh. Easy to flaunt negativity when behind an anonymous internet comment.

• Grayson says:

Uh I didn’t stop watching it because Hank isn’t hooking up with any white women on the show is he? I’m fine watching blacks on tv shows and films as long as they aren’t hooking up with white women and Mai no matter what politically correct bull you try to spit at me I know you feel the same. You love Hank now, but let the writers add in some more PC coupling bull like Hank getting with Cat Grant and I bet you’ll start hating him real quick too. The difference between you and me is I say what you’re too cowardly to say…

32. Luli says:

Loved everything about this episode, except the last fight… thought it would be more exciting.
    Kara and Barry together were amazing. Her excitement with the ice cream might have been my fav thing. Cat was hilarious this week, and her scenes with Kara were great as always.

Also I missed Alex, I hope she is back next week.

• Skylerr says:

This! I’m glad I’m not the only one who expected that fight to be more exciting! I was thoroughly disappointed! But almost everything else was cool.

33. Phoenix5634 says:

Epic episode! A+ ! Can we just like quote every scene with Grant and Melissa lol they were amazing together! Loved Cat Grants quotes this episode as well! I really hope they do more crossovers like this in the future!

34. Caelinae says:

I need something higher than a mere “awesome”.

35. Ash says:

Cat is a subpar version of OUAT Regina. Cat has cool one-liners that hit the right note when they are not sexist rants about white men in power but lacking the charisma of Regina. Grant Gustin out acting every other actor on Supergirl proves just how awful the show is. I say cancel Supergirl and soft reboot her in The Flash by having Barry encounter his universe’s version of her. Maybe do the same for Winn and the Martian Manhunter.

• Hollie says:

Maybe don’t cancel, but definitely cut down the romance (the episodes real plot felt like a B-plot compared to Kara and Jimmy, come! On!) and cut down the Banshee-loud screams of ‘we’re feminist!!!!’ Especially when you’ve got such a convoluted and badly written love story going on! Hey, if Agents of SHIELD can go from what it was in season 1 to something as good as it is now, then I know Supergirl could Iron out the kinks in season 2.

36. Angie Enriquez says:

This was my favorite episode!! The show has been building up to this and gives me somethi g to look forward to on Mondays!! Jimmy and Kara finally kissed awe…cant wait to see the next episide!!!

37. Mr. Tran K says:

I give it an A. This was an awesome crossover episode but I really hope that Supergirl and The Flash will meet again someday. The ending really shocked me.

• Phoenix5634 says:

I feel the same about the ending, was like… After such an amazing episode between Barry and Kara, kind of wanted to leave that open to possibilities … Now if Barry comes back, will she be dating James?.. Kind of hope not. I don’t see much chemistry between her and James.

• elizabethp056 says:

Lmao obviously they weren’t gonna be together. They’re on different shows and were both clearly in love with other ppl prior to meeting. Barry definitely still loves Iris, the next time he and Kara meet she’ll probably be with James and Barry will probably be with Iris. Cutest I/R couples double date ever!

• Phoenix5634 says:

or were you talking about Nons device ? The mind control ?

38. Mark says:

I laughed so hard – I just loved this episode. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this a reality. (I just wish they were part of the same universe and not different worlds, but whatever.)

39. JC1 says:

I thought it was amazing. I had some quibbles, but since I’ve already rewatched, obviously they didn’t affect my enjoyment. :) Barry and Kara were so much fun together. And oh, Cat totally knows. Also, I’m amazed at how much I’m loving Winn these days now that he’s not pining over Kara.
    Arrow, this is how to do a sonic scream without it looking totally absurd. Take notes, for the love of Black Canary.
    I do have to admit, though. I’m not feeling the James/Kara chemistry. I’m not against the pairing – I want to like it. I’m just not really feeling it.

40. ndixit says:

I enjoyed this episode but that scene with the crowd saving Kara was really cheesy. It was kind of a quick fix to Supergirl’s public reputation storyline. I would have preferred to see Supergirl and The Flash kick some butt. That said, Barry seemlessly blended in great with the Supergirl cast. Grant and Melissa had some very nice scenes together. Winn, Kara, and Barry geeking out was adorable.

• Skylerr says:

Yep! You summed it up nicely! Supergirl and The Flash kicking some butt in that last fight would have been so amazing! It should have been easier for Supergirl to defeat Livewire since she’s done it before. I hope they improve their storylines and actually remember what they’ve written in previous episodes…

41. ninergrl6 says:

Best episode of the season! No offense James, but Kara had more chemistry with Barry in one ep than she’s had with you all season. In fact, Barry had chemistry with everyone. The bromance with Winn was ADORABLE. The meeting with Cat was hilarious (her line about them looking like the racially diverse cast of a CE show better make the QOTW list). I couldn’t care less about Myriad or the Kara/James relationship. I wish Barry could stick around for good! Or maybe I should start watching The Flash?

• Phoenix5634 says:

Totally agree! And yes you should most definitely start watching Flash! Haha.

• Mai says:

Ooh, everything you said, yes. Barry does have great chemistry with Kara, and with everyone else on the cast so far. Loved the scenes with Barry, Kara, and Win. Their scenes with Cat were funny. It was a pretty fun episode, for the most part. And yes, I don’t feel the Kara & James relationship either. I hope they quit writing it next season.

42. Carrie says:

That was a really fun episode, and what an ending!

43. Patrick Maloney says:

Also, this was a better crossover than both Flash/Arrow crossovers!

• Skylerr says:

I have to disagree mainly because at the end of both Flash/Arrow crossovers, they get the bad guys. As much as I loved this Supergirl/Flash crossover, I was very disappointed at the fighting… firemen had to save the day and get the bad guys. I mean, seriously??? The worst part is that Supergirl had fought Livewire before and she had sprayed water on her to subdue her. So she just automatically forgot that she’d done that before? Did all the viewers and writers forget that episode? Extremely disappointing! I expected more, I expected both The Flash and Supergirl to defeat both Silver Banshee and Livewire.

44. Pat says:

I absolutely enjoyed this. I did not realize that they were not on the same earth, until it was explained by Barry. I just hope that Supergirl gets renewed. This is one of my favorite shows on Monday night.

45. kenkraly2004 says:

Super great crossover this was. So amazing!!! Renew Supergirl CBS #SupergirlSeason2

46. Michael says:

That’s was one of the best supergirl episodes this season so far! !We need season 2 of supergirl renewal, and more supergirl and cw superheroes shows crossovers. Keep up the great work on supergirl and the flash. I can hardly wait for the next crossovers superheroes fan 4 ever

47. Prada says:

Since Legends of Tomorrow can go everywhere they want, maybe they should make a visit to Gotham!

48. Gabby says:

It was amazing!! Better than any Flash/Arrow crossover for sure. Barry and Kara are so adorable together and Barry fit in so well with everyone! I hope there are more!

49. Preacher Book says:

Why is it no surprise the two most massive non-Kryptonian egos in the room are the ones least affected by Myriad?