The Last Ship Season 3 Gets Premiere Date — Watch Twist-Filled Trailer

A “broken” world has been fixed, but the mission is far from over for Tom Chandler and the crew of the Nathan James, as seen in this fresh-off-the-presses trailer for Season 3 of The Last Ship.

Premiering Sunday, June 12 at 9/8, with a two-hour opener, Season 3 of the TNT action-drama finds the crew of the Nathan James shifting their attention to Asia after President Michener (played by Mark Moses) hears rumblings that the Chinese leader has been hoarding the “Scott cure” instead of distributing it to the people in the region.

Michener sends Chandler (Eric Dane) to a global summit to investigate this allegation as well as rumors that a possible mutation of the original virus has caused a fresh outbreak in Japan. If a mutation has occurred and Asia has not been protected, the consequences for the world are dire. And with elite paleomicrobiologist Rachel Scott (Rhona Mitra) shot in the Season 2 finale and her fate as yet unknown, hope is in low supply.

Press play above to see what other twists await Chandler & Co., including the abduction of a major player plus the introduction of Bridget Regan (Agent Carter) and Dichen Lachman (The Last Resort).

Want scoop on The Last Ship, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. John Jacob says:

I have a feeling that eventually this “world” is going to get ridiculous. I can’t imagine by Season 6 what they would be doing with the cure.

• David4 says:

The cure will be used as a weapon. Probably by a government that’s trying to set up some terrorist group.

The ‘cure’ turns everyone into zombies. That’s still in.

2. Fido says:

Rhona ?! It was only a flesh wound, right ?!

• wiki says:

it muts be or else ill stop watching the show!

• Fido says:

With Bridget and Dichan joining I wouldn’t stop watching but Rhona was defn. one of my main reasons for joining the show at the very start and whose character I enjoyed watching. Fingers crossed the guy was a bad shot.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Rachel Scott survives once the new season begins. They don’t want to pulled a Jon Snow or Peter Quinn like cliffhanger. BTW, did Mark Moses been promote to series regular?

4. Wendy says:

I assume they will quickly address Rachel Scott’s, but not giving it away in the trailer 3 months before the show returns. Trailer looks like some good stuff coming in season 3, including Bridget Regan and Dichen Lachman joining the mix!

5. Brad says:

Wow can’t wait looks epic

6. Malissa R. says:

Yesssssss!!!!

7. Babygate says:

This looks amazing! Excited about the added casting.

8. JBC says:

Why does it take so long for these shows to come back? Look forward to new season and new cast additions. Really enjoy this show.

9. Akira Hideyo says:

No Rachel no watch-simple !

• addo says:

I agree,no Rachel/ Tom,no watching the show anymore! Fans have been waiting two seasons for those two ! It will be really bad to wait 10 mnths for nothing!!

10. animegeek08 says:

Dr.scotts actress is not listed in the press relases acting credits i hear which has me really worried she dead. Plus they added this new women to the show who supposedly be staying on the nathan james and potentially be a new love interest. If they kill dr. Scott i will drop the show.

11. animegeek08 says:

Matt can you give us any spoilers that might have a hint of hope for Dr.Scott survival? Please!!!

12. Shirley says:

If the writers kill off Rachel (Rhona Mitra), they will force me to move on, too.

13. romanus philip says:

yeah….looking forward to seein what season 3 will look like……..but having dr.scott dead…..just keeps me wandering what will happen to the nathan james’s crew when there is another outbreak.

14. thushan says:

A very good TV series a good combination of adventure military sci fi a bit of romance !

15. Cindy says:

I won’t watch anymore if Dr Scott is dead. she and Capt Chandler have awesome chemistry.

16. tim y.phei says:

If dr.scott is not seen s3..surely i’ll stop watchin this show..she is the reason that i’ve been watchin the show..plss let her live..

17. sharon k. says:

what is it with Rhona Mitra and series, first strike back now the last ship. I don’t know who’s idea it was to kill off the main character and the main reason I watched the show but after only 30 min I can tell you you just lost me as a watcher good luck you guys will need it. I doubt there will be a season 4