Second Chance Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Second Chance Steady With Finale on Soft Friday

On a quiet per-holiday Friday dominated by NCAA basketball coverage, Fox’s Second Chance concluded its freshman run with 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, adding a few eyeballs week-to-week while steady in the demo.

What did you think of the finale, in which a main character died and an intriguing (if dangerous) seed was planted for the (theoretical) future? Also, don’t forget to vote with your heart to KEEP or CUT:

Opening Fox’s night, Sleepy Hollow (2.5 mil/0.6) slipped 11 and 25 percent to new series lows.

Over on NBC, Grimm (4.3 mil/0.9) ticked up in audience but lost a tenth in the demo.

CBS’ March Madness coverage averaged 6.4 mil and a 1.7, on par with Thursday. #GoOrange!

1. Kim says:

Keep Second Chance! I really want to know what happens next. Love that show.

2. Nicole says:

Any idea why in the Detroit area they showed How to Lose Friends and Alienate People instead of Grimm? That could be why it lost in the demo.

3. Carm says:

Sleepy Hollow has been really good lately.

4. Sam says:

I’m pretty sure “ostensible” doesn’t mean what you think it means.

5. James D says:

Fox don’t do what you usually do and cancel every good show you have just to find a more flashy… I mean trending… show to replace them. Instead do the unthinkable and actually let your shows that may be on the Fringe (Ha! see what I did there, I’m so clever :)) get a renewal and who knows maybe they will surprise you.

6. kirads09 says:

I really have been impressed by Second Chance. Improved with each Ep. KEEP – PLEASE!

7. Dayle Clements says:

I have really enjoyed the characters and plot lines in second chance. I think it deserves another season.

8. Lysh says:

I’ve been kinda accepting Sleepy Hollow’s demise, but I just watched last night’s episode and it was so fun, like National Treasure. Last week’s episode was one of its best. It sucks that the ratings keep slipping. I don’t actually want it to end, especially now that they seem to be in a good groove.

9. LynnH says:

Second Chance and Sleepy Hollow are a great team. Really hope Fox continues to support quality and doesn’t penalize either show for lower ratings on a Friday night. Please keep BOTH. (Why has Tom Mison not received an Emmy nod? I cannot imagine any other actor who could play the delightful Crane!)

10. jr. says:

I thought I had read somewhere that Second Chance was not going to get another chance. So I viewed the episode as it being its last one. And I thought it had a pretty good resolution. Didn’t really like the set up, that Pritchard was going to turn violent. So I thought, the way the show ended was satisfying. But if got a Second Chance, perhaps Pritchard’s blood being mingled with the female lead twin, might make him immune too the violence. Also, liked how Otto became alive as the stick figure character in the computer.This is one show I looked forward too.

11. Suzanna says:

Second Chance deserves a second season. Love the characters and the finale was a shocker. I’m addicted. Please don’t cancel.

12. wrstlgirl says:

I like Second Chance and Lucifer. Sure hope we don’t lose them both.

• PatriciaLee says:

I’m with you on this. I like Second Chance, and Lucifer is the best show on TV, with the best acting., imho.

13. Ashipper says:

What a finale☺this show grew on us and the last few episodes
    rocked. Truly hope it can find a home for a deserved 2nd “chance”😑

14. Shawn says:

I enjoyed the show and hope to see it return for a second season. 10 episodes is fine for. However, the finale wasn’t that good compared to the other episodes. It looks like it was set up knowing it was over, but then they drop the bomb right in the last scene, which normally is a good way of bringing it back, but in this case, if they follow the plot they’ve set up, will completely change the basis of the show for the second season and may alienate all the loyal fans it built up in the first season. They will need some serious writing, I think, in order to have a second season. And since this is Fox, I’m not sure this show will get a “second chance” XD.

15. bj says:

Second Chance definitely surprised me. I loved the finale and I hope it’s renewed.

16. Gary says:

The Season Finale has set up the show for success next season by removing family out of the plot, if by a miracle should it be renewed I believe it will only get better.

17. Cheryl B. says:

Please keep Sleepy Hollow and Second Chance. My husband and I watch these shows and we love them. We have watched Sleepy Hollow from the beginning. These are great shows!!!

18. Dan says:

I enjoy second chance don’t cancel it

19. Florentino says:

Please, please, please renew second chance. I loved this show. Bring it back. All the good shows always get cut. I’m sure the ratings will get better.

20. Lexi says:

SECOND CHANCE gets better each episode.Very Shakespearean… I always wonder what I would do given a second chance… and Sleepy Hollow has been so good this season

21. helenehar says:

I love this show it has everything life, death, love, FBI cases + a few new futuristic twists. Usually if the people don’t work together it turns me off but these people go well together. I ran across it on Huluplus (like Netflix if you don’t know of it) and their advertising which was ZERO might have made a difference. I do not even know what the real channel was. People will love it and the characters if they give Second Chance a second chance.

22. Shawn Allen says:

Enjoyed the show, it was interesting, and different BUT with that said I just can’t see it pushing a second season in a good way.

23. Dan Wesley says:

Second Chance and Lucifer are so entertaining!! Such good shows. KEEP THEM

24. Steve says:

I think Second Chance and Lucifer deserve a ‘Second Chance’. There’s nothing more frustrating than getting into a show only to have some corporate wind bag make a decision because it didn’t score well with a certain age group. When you move a show from one night to another sometimes it takes time to establish a following. I know I dvr it so I can watch it at another time. Is that taken into consideration with your rating? I hope you do the right thing an renew both. Remember people have a choice on which network to watch and if FOX is going to continue to tease us and then pull the plug maybe in the future I won’t watch a new FOX show knowing you’ll just cancel it anyway. Just saying………..

• Bea Young says:

That is very true, I stopped watching CW because of that. Too many other channels available to get invested in a network that keeps cancelling shows I got into!

25. Bigbird says:

Waiting for season 2 of second chance!!!

26. When will the empty suits at the networks and corpserations that advertise wake up and understand that ratings are flawed in this new age of DVRs, streaming, etc.? All it does is ensure drivel to get renewed and good shows cancelled. Like other comments here, I also love Second Chance (except for the Gracie damsel in distress stuff) and Lucifer. But after seeing Forever cancelled last year, I won’t be surprised by anything that happens. Maybe put these shows on Saturday instead of re-running episodes of shows already shown earlier in the week?

• An Older Viewer says:

I agree! TV execs need to be grateful for any viewers and realize the demographics they want are “viewing” other screens. Best to provide programming for those of us still loyal to the “tube” or a Hulu version of it. Yes, we are getting older and demand smarter programming…To TV Execs…you created us…now feed us…Our kids and grandkids won’t watch when you want to Air a show they are of the microwave generation and want it all Now! Program for the viewers you have not the ones you want to have!

• An Older Viewer says:

I agree! Keep Second Chance! TV execs need to be grateful for any viewers and realize the demographics they want are “viewing” other screens. Best to provide programming for those of us still loyal to the “tube” or a Hulu version of it. Yes, we are getting older and demand smarter programming…To TV Execs…you created us…now feed us…Our kids and grandkids won’t watch when you want to Air a show they are of the microwave generation and want it all Now! Program for the viewers you have not the ones you want to have!

27. Mary says:

Second Chance should be kept on air. It has a interesting cast and topics. Does everything have to be stupid to keep it on the air? Some of us like the idea of science questioned.

28. Second chance is a great series. I love it!!!

29. Shoe Iron says:

Good, unique show. Don’t see original shows like this very often.

30. Mel K says:

Please give Second Chance a “second chance”!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show.

31. lee says:

Keep Second Chance. My favorite show of the season, and in several years.

32. Mary A Sharits says:

Keep it!!

33. I am here to support the second season for the tv show, Second Chance.
    That show is awesome with a good storyline and some twists and turns as well. I want to see where it goes.
    Please do not leave this show a cliffhanger. Give this show another shot, a second chance basically like the title of the show.
    Please do. Hope to see the show come back again and soon.

34. I am also here for the show, Sleepy Hollow. I have watched the show from the beginning. Love the show and the humor/action is great. Please do not cancel it, keep the show going.
    No cliffhangers, getting tired of my favorite shows getting canceled. Keep Sleepy Hollow and the show,
    Second Chance going please.

35. San says:

I thought Second Chance answered all the questions and really provided a satisfying series finale. I just dont see it going anywhere even though quite enjoyable.

36. Nancy Cullen says:

Second Chance is original, thought-provoking, serious AND funny as well as entertaining. There is character development, plot twists and innovative ideas. WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?!?! Haven’t enjoyed a show this much since Fringe. Surely it will end up …..I won’t say it, but here’s hoping it hasn’t ended.

37. Lisa Brown says:

I agree, keep Second Chance, my husband and I love the show!

38. Louise says:

Second Chance is gone and it is the fault of the network. They gave up on it in the 2nd week of the show. They gave it no support with letting people know about it. Fox has a reputation for doing that.

39. Joseph F Tana says:

keep second chance. The cast is excellent and the shows get more interesting each episode. I think Second Chance should be given a Second Year.

40. Pat Marshall says:

Second Chance has a great story line and interesting characters. Please bring it back – it’s a show with great possibilities.

41. jamie says:

Keep second chance going!! Love that show!

42. jess says:

Keep second chance going please

43. Priscilla Garde says:

It would really be awesome if second chance comes back!! I hate that it was canceled 😢.
    It’s not too late to bring it back it would really work if they make it look like it was the sheriff’s nightmare while the tank malfunctioned 😊…
    One can only dream!!!

44. Diane Richardson says:

Yes, please keep “Second Chance”! I’m really getting tired of all the comic book shows! There ARE more mature viewers but the way things usually go it doesn’t seem like what WE like matters and it’s so FRUSTRATING! Your network finally put on a show worth my time, so please don’t cut it. This is getting old. If you want higher ratings for the show, run it on a better day and place it in a better time slot and I’m certain it will do better.

Peace,
    Diane

45. Ilia says:

Renew Second Chance. Love it. Give it a chance.

46. Nc1496 says:

“Second Chance” should get renewed. (didn’t like the finale). You can’t expect big numbers of the 18-34 age group when it airs on a Friday night. That group is out having fun:)

47. Fernando says:

please bring back second chance. it one of the best series i seen in along time.
    Fernando South Africa

48. Donna Borden says:

Second Chance is wonderful am really poking forward to the next season. Please don’t take it off the air! This would be the second time that’s happened to me.last time was Raven wood, I loved that show.