Miley Cyrus Alicia Keys The Voice

The Voice: Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys Confirmed as Season 11 Coaches

The Voice will be getting its first-ever double dose of girl power this fall.

Recording artists Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys have been announced as coaches for the NBC competition series’ 11th season, joining franchise vets Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.

The Voice‘s official Twitter account confirmed the news on Friday evening, with Cyrus posting a separate announcement of her own.

Although Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani and Shakira have all coached multiple seasons, The Voice‘s 11th go-round will mark the first time two ladies have sat on the judges’ panel. In the meantime, Cyrus can be seen on the current 10th season this Monday, where she will serve as a mentor to the contestants.

Though Pharrell is sitting out Season 11, which debuts in September, he could return for a future cycle.

Are you looking forward to a two-female Voice panel? Drop a comment below with your thoughts on the Miley-Alicia news.

1. I really like this show but Miley? I will not be watching Season 11 and that makes me sad.

• Lyn says:

It just went to the top of my Must Miss list.

• leo says:

I love Miley and looking forward to her being a mentor. It’s reality TV after all. And we’re mostly here for the contestants anyway.

• jr. says:

Don’t like them making the judges the focus of the show, to get viewers to tune in. I like the regular cast, and I just want the show to find even better contestants for them to judge. And so far, this show has been unusually successful at finding great contestants, while the other shows seem to struggle in finding great contestants.

• Ceilia says:

the voice holds auditions just so you can audition. They also email up and coming YouTube singers or lesser known singers who already have some expierence to come on the show.

• christina says:

I agree, I will not be watching this show with Miley on it. I am not a fan of hers and she was just awful hosting the MTV awards.

• TBIRD says:

ughh.. so many other successful female artist out there without brining in that trash… Love Alicia Keys she is great and has an awesome record with sales and respect… not excited about Miley at all.. I’m out that season if so. What was Taylor Swift, Faith Hill, Celine Dion, Missy Elliot, Rianna, Aretha Franklin, Gloria Estefan, or Reba doing??? And since last season a Christian artist won, why not Toby Mac? What about going old school to the 80’s and 90’s Lionel Richie or Phil Collins? Can we please get someone who is a great artist decent performer and example for young people… not stripper trash.

I don’t see how MIley goes along with Blake, Adam or Alicia.. or prime time family television???? Come on NBC!

2. Kate says:

This seems like an enormous mistake to me. All of the judges so far have been respected and liked, which helps to make the show work. I might be out of touch, but does Miley Cyrus have either of those things going for her? It seems like she’s more of a joke to people at this point… Oh well, I guess I’ll have one less show to watch this fall.

• Mike says:

It is a huge mistake unless, Miley is using it as a platform to demonstrate change in her character and turn from her previous ways and grow up. If she does not, she might be first coach not have nobody choose her. I think something must be up their sleeve with her, because they dumped Cee Lo for character reasons.

3. cari says:

At first I said I wouldn’t watch, but now I might just to see what a train wreck it’ll be.

4. katedfw says:

Nope. Will not watch again.

5. jakis says:

Ugh. I haven’t been watching consistently this season, and that would send me out for good. I don’t think they’re clear on their demographic.

6. Sara says:

I haven’t wartched in several seasons, but this might just pull me back in!

7. Teri Tully says:

Too bad!!! I love the Voice, but think Miley is a terrible influence for young viewers!!! I may have to stop watching…😕👎👎👎

8. jj says:

They are contemplating having two female coaches at the same time?! I guess NBC has finally gotten over their fear that the world would end if two women were coaches at the same time.

• Trent says:

I just think they were put off by the Mariah vs Nicki debacle on Idol Season 12… The same thing kinda happened with Jessie J and Delta Goodrem on the Voice Australia. Hopefully Alicia and Miley get along!

9. nickspace says:

I can understand why they chose Miley: she appeals to the younger demographic. The problem is that is not who The Voice should be catering to. It’s unfortunate for Miley, since she does have a solid voice when you strip the gimmicks away. However, I’m not sure how she will fare on primetime, especially with the usual banter amongst the coaches. This will likely be a “Britney on X Factor” type of mess…

• NotToday says:

It’s certainly not intended to actually help the performers. Cyrus is just like any other child star, super-indulged, manipulative, and yet also easily manipulated by others. In short, pretty ill-equipped to deal. She has a nice enough voice – although frankly, it’s no better than the average Voice contestant. Someday she may develop a sound or style that actually belongs to her, that is her signature, and not just an amalgamation of dozens of others telling her what to do. But she’s there. Right now she has no musical point of view of her own – so how can she guide others when she’s a lot like lunch meat (mystery ingredients and no substance) herself Just can’t see as she has a lot to offer other than how to be oh-so-edgy (and therefore appearing just all the more childish) for attention, especially when she’s now at an age when the puerile antic just aren’t as entertaining as they used to be.

• Lizzie says:

Nearly every Voice contestant has a better voice than Miley. Unless her antics of the past few years have been acting, she really has nothing to offer the show. They might have waited until after her advisor shows aired, maybe we could see if she grew up a little. I guess she can advise them how to make the most of a small amount of talent.

• Ricardo A Marmol says:

Yes I agree with you 200%. Cyrus is as good as the contestants and maybe some of them sound better than Miley. At least some contestants come from real distress life situation. On the other hand Miley comes from a total different life style. Where her father is a big country Start. Her upbringing is way too far apart from this young kids. And maybe this why NBC choice her so she can appeal to the young audience. Myley is very spoiled young lady that had not yet found her own voice or trade mark. Now Alicia Keys has class and style and extremely talented it’s like night and day.

• fiberlicious says:

They can cater to the younger set all they want. But MC is a terrible role model.

10. DB says:

The Voice with Miley Cyrus will be the first season I haven’t watched. Has she been a successful singer ? Yes. But she doesn’t have the chops, the many years of experience , that the previous coaches have all had. She just doesn’t have the same experience for this IMHO. It is the equivalent of appointing a brand new law school graduate to the United States Supreme Court. It’s a sad, ill thought out decision trying to give a boost to ratings that have taken a drop a boost by bringing in the shock quality of Cyrus. She’s rude and very socially crude. It’s going to hurt rather than help.

• Lyn says:

Not to mention that her speech sounds like she has a mouthful of marbles. It would be necessary to mute the TV every time it was her turn.

• Kasey says:

Lol. A mouth full of marbles is oerfect. I had to fast forward Everytime she spoke, if you can call it that

11. 2Blessed says:

I think the addition of Miley is… Interesting. Alot of people don’t reaize how talented she is, despite her previous antics. Alicia Keys’ music hasn’t been poppin’ since her “No One” days, but she’s still an amazing artist. I would also love to see 2 female judges next season. My fantasy judge lineup would include Christina, Blake, Jill Scott, and Pharrell. (Y’all can probably tell I love soulful artists.)

• Timmah says:

I agree that Miley is an interesting choice. I never realized how talented she was either until her appearance on SNL a while back where she gave a couple of powerful, emotional performances, including one at the piano that was very Gaga-like. She is a much more versatile performer than most people give her credit for.

12. liteasy says:

Why ruin a good show. I can’t stomach this media whore.

• davmon says:

An underwhelming prospect!…To increase white trash demographics? A clothing optional season? Tired of making money hand over fist with this hackneyed formula? Oh, and this will be running concurrent with that other reality show coming this Fall: Donald Trump Running for President….A feast of trashy mouths and absurdist theater!

• Marilyn says:

Thank you for the perfect comment on Ruining a Good Show and love your right on description..I hear fingernails on the blackboard if she speaks. UGH!!

13. Jill says:

Oh, helllllllll no!!!

14. SoOverHasBeens says:

Wow, I was already going to skip next week, but now I guess I can not only skip next week but now all of season 11 as well! Sorry, Miley fans, but anybody who needed over 40 different writers and producers to churn out one CD (with a whoping 55 minutes of music) really shouldn’t be mentoring anyone.

15. Carla Krae says:

If I watch, I’ll be muting it every time she talks. Miley’s voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Maryam says:

I think it was even OK if she had the worst voice with only one positive point in her character..but every time I hear her name I remember how trashy she is!! I can not imagine her constant presence on the red chair!!

16. Judy says:

Miley was bad enough and now Alicia. Thanks but no thanks.

17. Mary says:

Miley really ??? The show is going down from the start forget it I’m not watching GOODBYE THE VOICE only Adam Blake Christina Usher Shakira Ceelo and Gwen was the superstars Miley the rating are going down guys don’t say you weren’t warned ALICIA is a good choice but whoever made the choice for Miley where you drunk ??????? Sorry you lost 1 less viewer and maybe more to come Miley is toxic

• A.R. Vega says:

Ceelo and Gwen superstars? Are you kidding me? If you could stomach that perv Ceelo and Gwen, who has a terrible voice and wanted to hang pictures of every boy in her locker, then you can handle Miley. Stop acting like this is the worst thing ever because its not. Haters.

• Star says:

Gwen is a Superstar! I love her! Have you ever heard the songs Just a Girl or Don’t Speak? I think she sings like Gwen, just unconventional. It’s her style. Were you even alive in the 90’s/00’s when she was the lead singer of No Doubt?! They were huge! Then she went out on her own. How about you stop hatin! Miley is gross.

• joypatton says:

i will not be watching season season 11 of the voice either. i cant stand miley cyrus. she is horrible! and she needs to keep her tongue in her mouth also i am not a fan of alisa keys either. wish they woud keep pharell gwen and christina. i like them. joy

18. Ugh. I am not sure that I can handle her weird outfits (that can barely be considered outfits so much as strategically placed pieces of fabric) or her tongue hanging out.

19. Max6 says:

Won’t be watching. Can’t stand Miley. Why Blake & Adam every season. Miley doesnt even know the shows celebrities are called COACHES not JUDGES

20. Jerri says:

Are the ratings for The Voice that bad that they need to bring on that one as a judge? What next? Justin Bieber and the One Direction fellas as judges? Heck, add Donald Trump as a judge, he seems to be everywhere else right now anyway… Thanks but no thanks.

21. miley is trailer-trash… & Alicia, Adam & Blake are NOT enough to keep me watching. might as well have kanya &the Lardassians… The good part is that I can get back to the NCIS block of entertainment.

22. Timmah says:

I think people need to give Miley a chance before they jump to conclusions about how she’s going to be on the show. I believe this is just the kind of shakeup the panel needs. It was growing stale with the formula that there could only be one female coach at a time.

• Skylerr says:

I think that you shouldn’t speak for other people. They’re entitled to jump to conclusions if they want to. It’s not compulsory to give her a chance. You may like her and want her to be on the show but that doesn’t mean everybody else has to. There are lots of other people who would be better role models and coaches on the show than her.

• Margo says:

Any other female would be fine. This girl is twisted n no role model for anything except twerking garbage. I can’t sit with my family n watch this NBC has ruined a good show. Shame they will loose a huge fan base

23. katedfw says:

I have been to several web sites and the overwhelming consensus is: No One Wants Miley!!! Not one comment is happy she is joining the show. Everyone thinks this is a terrible idea! Way to screw up a good show NBC!

• Temperance says:

I think the point that, if you’re going to coach, you have to be able to do it in the first place. We haven’t seen that from Miley – at least as an adult artist.

• E says:

That’s probably because no one in the younger demographic watches crap singing competitions like the Voice.

24. Billy Ray says:

does this mean we get to see cyrus stick out her tongue ten or twenty times a show every week? good reason NOT to watch

25. davidu9 says:

Holy hell. Miley Cyrus? Nope. Not going to do it. Absolute fail the Voice

26. NDFan says:

Happy that they finally decided on two female judges….but why Miley Cyrus?

27. Alexis says:

Not looking forward to Miley Cyrus. Love Alicia keys but not Miley Cyrus will
    Miss pharrell Williams! Most likely will
    Not watch season 11

28. Alright, guess I’m gonna have to start watching The Voice again.

29. TiggsBC says:

Ugh, I guess I’m done with the Voice for that season. No time for Miley Cyrus.

30. Terri says:

I love the Voice and have loved the judges, but I’m afraid it’s officially “jumped the shark” trying to attract younger viewers. I’d rather watch B-list celebs on DWTS…

31. Trent says:

Sure Miley has a bad rep, but don’t give up on the show just yet! She could be good! I’m not much of a T Swift or Rihanna fan but they gave some really good advice to the contestants in the seasons they mentored in, and Miley could be the same! I’m holding out until I see her in the environment during the Knockouts. I’m looking forward to Alicia as well!
    If anything, watch for the contestants, because that’s what the show is all about.

32. Kathy says:

Alicia Keys, definitely! But Miley? The other judges are respected, talented singers. Miley has the maturity of a spoiled 12 year old. My respect for the show just headed south.

33. GuessWhat says:

JUMPED THE SHARK!
    I won’t be watching season 11.

34. Joni says:

I believe we all did stupid stuff when we were younger. With Miley the difference is she grew up with a camera in her face. Leaving no room for privacy. Now that she is trying 2 be more family oriented ppl are wanting 2 shut her down. I say give her room 2 prove that she has matured & she’s ready to start doing family shows again. We all deserve the right to redeem ourselves. So I say give her a chance to at least do that. What kinda message are we sending to our children when we can’t even forgive someone else’s child for being a normal teenager (with a camera in her face 24/7/365)?There’s no room for error in private & as we all know the paparazzi would rather you see the bad because the good is to boring. Everybody’s untitled to their own opinion. That’s what’s good about living in the great US. But shouldn’t the hate stop somewhere? If not now? When? God Bless The USA. Dear GOD be with us all as we go through these days of hate & discontent. Amen.

• Teri says:

I’m willing to give her a chance, as long as she keeps her clothes on & her tongue in her mouth! My daughter claims she is talented. Let’s see, with her voice, not her body!

• Rebecca Boat says:

Miley was not a normal teenager, nor was she a teenager when she became an exhibitionist that loves to rub her crotch for the camera. She must have known her talent would not keep her relevant. Even her boyfriend’s family can’t stomach her. I’m fine also with people who love weed but nobody I know talks non stop about it.

35. Crystal S says:

I will definitely stop watching if Miley Cyrus is a coach! The show is ruined now!!

36. Renee says:

As much as I like Blake and Adam, I won’t be watching Season 11! I can’t stand Alicia Keys OR Miley Cyrus!!!!

37. peterwdawson says:

I can get behind Alicia, but dunno about Miley. I’ll give it a chance though, show’s surprised me more than once before.

38. Hso says:

I don’t mind Miley all that much as a person, but I think her singing voice is awful. I hope the next Voice season won’t turn into a circus. One of the things I love about that show is that the coaches are true artists in their respected fields and not gimmics.

39. Mike says:

This is a HUGE Wrecking Ball for what was an otherwise great show. Looks like I just got 4 hours a week free time. Bad move NBC – hope you can unwind this before it is too late.

40. Marlene Young says:

Miley Cyrus, of all people.They could have done better than that.I can not stand to hear her sing or talk.You getting pretty low,when you have Miley Cyrus on there as a judge.They went down to bottom of the barrel for that one.

41. Brent says:

I don’t believe you are having Mikey on the show as a judge she has no Morales but what does that matter you just go with going to make you ratings right this isn’t what I’m having my kids watch I will no longer be watching the Voice it want be on in alot of house holds I know so y’all go ahead and go with shock TV like the rest of the TV stations have the best of luck with that

42. Kay says:

Can’t stand either one of them. I won’t be watching. It’s to bad many of us have enjoyed the Voice. The Voice will start a down hill spiral. Who made this stupid choice?

43. Dianne Safford says:

Why not present a potential list of coaches to your viewers and let us vote for the coaches, like we vote for the contestants?

44. fiberlicious says:

Oh, hell no. Buh bye, Voice.

45. cej says:

I haven’t missed a season of The Voice, but I will not be watching with Miley as coach. It’s bad enough we have to put up with her as guest adviser this season. Ugh!

46. fedfan81 says:

I wish Blake and Adam would take some time off I find them to be the least inspired and their “banter” isn’t funny anymore.

47. Larc says:

If The Voice was looking for somebody super trashy to be a coach, they couldn’t have made a better pick than Miley.

48. matty says:

Is Christina not coming back?

49. Michael toni says:

Well i guess I am skipping next season. Alicia keys, sure why not. But miley Cyrus, forget it. Me and the rest of the country will not see something with that white trash on it. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of you scumbag.