Brooklyn Nine Nine and Last Man on Earth Renewed

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Last Man on Earth Snag Early Renewals at Fox

Fox spit out two more early renewals on Thursday, ordering additional seasons of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Last Man on Earth, TVLine has learned. Nine-Nine will be heading into Season 4, while Last Man will be back for Season 3.

The pickups follow renewals for dramas GothamEmpireScream Queens and Bones. That leaves rookie series Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life, The Grinder, Grandfathered, Rosewood and Lucifer, as well as Sleepy Hollow still on the bubble at Fox. New Girl‘s renewal, meanwhile, is considered a fait accompli (there’s just some final deal-making that needs to be done, we’re told.)

“We’re so proud of these comedies,” said Fox’s entertainment president David Madden in a statement. “Each has its own unique voice, but they both boast terrific ensembles with stand-out characters and, of course, phenomenal writing, which are the hallmarks of all great comedies.”

Head to the comments with an answer to this possibly-difficult question: Which renewal are you more excited about?

1. arlene says:

Hoping hard as I can The Grinder will be renewed. Do they take Hulu Plus stats into consideration? That’s where I watch most TV these days.

2. Cyndi says:

*Lucifer.

3. karen0205 says:

It’s LUCIFER< not luciger. Please Renew Lucifer!

• Rachel says:

DITTO!!! :)

• cjinsd says:

Fox, please renew Lucifer!! First show in years that has me excited for Mondays.

• Mary S says:

I LOVE Lucifer!! I saw Tom Ellis on an episode of Doctor Who, and was delighted to recognize him as Lucifer. He is so handsome, but can become so wicked looking and ugly, just in the way he tilts his head and moves his eyes (even without the special effects)…and that sly way of asking, “Tell me, what do you desire the most?” Lovely! But I do not want him to become mortal!!! Being fascinated with humans and punishing the correct bad guy is wonderful, but do NOT make him human!! Bring him back for more seasons, I implore you…THAT is what I most truly desire!

• Redness says:

Tom is also great in a British TV show called Miranda, with Miranda Hart who played Melissa McCarthy’s friend in the movie Spy. It’s available on Hulu and I highly recommend it.

I enjoy Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Last Man on Earth, but I’m more interested in hearing that Lucifer and Sleepy Hollow getting renewed.

I’m also on pins and needles waiting for news about Agent Carter. The second season was amazing and even though the ratings were garbage the show deserves another chance.

• cjinsd says:

Hulu also has a show called Monday, Monday which Tom starred in right before Miranda. It’s only 7 episodes, so it’s an easy binge.

4. Cat says:

Hoping Sleepy Hollow gets renewed! It’s a great show and deserves it!!

5. Nikki Adlington says:

SO, SO, SO happy about Last Man on Earth :) my favourite network comedy airing at the moment.

• Jasie says:

Same here. It is the most laugh out loud and smart smart comedy on tv right now. So glad it was picked up for a 3rd season.

6. Ruth says:

Come on Sleepy Hollow!!!!!! It gets better every episode.

7. Boiler says:

Great for 99! Pleasantly surprised at Last Man on earth. I have to think, based on these that New Girl will join the list. Maybe dump the Sunday cartoons and move New Girl and 99 to Sunday

8. Caleb says:

Amazing news!!! I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

9. Ashley says:

YES!!!! I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine – it always make me laugh out loud!

10. drizzy na josh says:

im gonna miss mitchard

11. LE says:

I was a little worried for B99 because the rating haven’t been great since the show moved back to Tuesdays but I’m happy that they renewed it!! Hopefully the show will relocate back to Sundays in the fall.

12. Please renew Sleepy Hollow! It’s found its footing again!

13. Hoping for Lucifer and Rosewood, also.

14. Patsy says:

The Grinder is hilarious. It is my favorite new comedy. Fred Savage and Rob Lowe are great together.

15. kmw says:

Not surprised about either renewal but happy for fans. Despite Lucifer and Rosewood dropping I believe both of those shows will get a renewal as well and still hoping for Sleepy Hollow

• Mary S says:

From your fingers on the keyboard to network execs’ ears…Lucifer, Rosewood, The Grinder, Sleepy Hollow…PLEASE let them be renewed!

16. DL says:

Really enjoyed Will Forte in Last Man, but I’m tired of seeing Kristen Schaal always play strident and/or annoying characters. Do the writers soften her at all? If so, maybe I’ll go back. I think she has more dimensionality as an actress.
    Love New Girl and B-99, though. They’re both nailing it this season.

17. alistaircrane says:

What about Cooper Barrett?

18. Joey Padron says:

Happy both shows got renewed! Hope Lucifer and The Grinder will get renewed!

19. GraceM says:

Sleepy Hollow isn’t as good as it used to be and I wouldn’t be surprised if it got cancelled.

20. flowerduh says:

I want Lucifer and Grandfathered to stay! Both are GREAT shows! IMO

21. Jeanna says:

So happy they renewed Last Man on Earth. Great show! Keeping fingers crossed for Lucifer and Sleepy Hollow!!

22. Denise says:

Great news for 99…now waiting on Lucifer

23. John NYC says:

B99 is always a surprise , I like it but I didn’t expect it to be successful.

24. B says:

Really hoping for Grandfathered to be renewed. The dynamic between the characters always puts a smile on my face.

25. Keith says:

Stoked on B99 getting renewed and hope for a New Girl renewal as well.

26. kate says:

Grandfathered is worthy to be renewed but even more so, Grinder as it is brilliantly written.

27. Pat Marshall says:

Lucifer is awesome and engaging. Please bring him back!

28. SherryB says:

Lucifer needs to be renewed..Its a good show, far better than some they keep on season after season…Sleepy Hollow is the same, after they got rid of Katrina the show got better..

29. LJ Bissonnette says:

My family only watches Hulu Plus too. It was sad when CBS decided to no longer put their shows on HP so I no longer watch any of the newer episodes of any of the shows I loved. No way am I going to pay CBS extra money when I’m already paying exorbitant monthly IP and ITV fees. I found new shows that I love and The Grinder is just one of them. So is Last Man Standing and the Goldbergs. All really great shows.

30. Beezelbubbster says: