The Originals Spoilers

The Originals' Latest Crossover Pits Elijah and Finn Against TVD's Matt

Just a few weeks after Stefan’s eventful visit to New Orleans, The Vampire Diaries and The Originals are gifting fans with another mini crossover.

The Originals‘ April 8 episode (The CW, 9/8c) finds Elijah and Finn traveling to Mystic Falls after Freya is kidnapped, only to come face-to-face with notorious vampire hater Matt Donovan; as you may recall, the blue-eyed law enforcer recently declared Mystic Falls a no fangs zone.

Directed by star Joseph Morgan, the episode also features a surprising bit of teamwork from Klaus and Hayley as they get to the bottom of a Lucien-related secret, while Davina remains troubled — as she should be — by Kol’s erratic behavior.

Are you pumped for another TVD/Originals crossover? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. AD says:

One question. Why?

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

B whit I can’t not only see April 1, 2016, but another crossover and Joseph Morgan is directing, I always wanted him to do that and I hope he writes a few episodes he’s so talented. And Freya being kidnapped wow , a lot is going on and it will be the BOMB!!!! But that won’t be till April 8. 16
      I’m having fits right now, another week to go. 😥

2. Bwhit says:

I’m more intrigued to see how Finn and Elijah can work together seeing as how Finn hates his brothers and in Vincent’s body, Finn helped Esther torture Elijah last season. But, if it is for Freya, I’m sure they will tolerate each other. I think it might be fun to see Matt try to play tough with Elijah…. I can’t wait to see how that works for him.

3. De says:

Heck yeah! I like the story expansion and bringing both groups, together.

4. I am a sucker for crossovers will we be seeing any more of TVD gang in this crossover

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

Cordell, I think that the writers for TVD and THE ORIGINALS should have Bonnie come to New Orleans. But I’m excited for TVD and THE ORIGINALS to return on April 1, 16

Klaus I and Hailey their daughter Hope had to dissappear and I’m glad cause if he would of left and been gone for 3 yes Hope would never know her father, I’m just happy that Hailey knows what’s best for daughter, I would of done the same thing.

5. Jess says:

I mean…I’m glad that they’re taking baby steps in reconnecting the shows, but I don’t even pay attention to Matt on TVD, I don’t particularly care what he gets up to on The Originals. I think everyone is on edge waiting for a crossover involving Caroline, so that’s the one I’m really going to keep an eye out for.

6. Lola says:

I’ve always liked Matt but I don’t like this sudden vampire hater route. I find it a little confusing since four of his good friends(Elena(was a vamp),Caroline, Stefan, and Tyler are all supernatural beings. He’s pretty much turned on them. And to add to this further, his other good friend Bonnie is a witch. I think story wise they could’ve came up with something better for him.

• Carla Krae says:

It’s not sudden, though. It’s been building a long time. He just finally made a decision to benefit the people of the town first – which is part of his oath, really. Serving the town means getting every supernatural being out it that has caused so much havoc for so many years, primarily vampires.

7. SassyAF28 says:

wow julie and caroline are finally giving matt his own storyline it’s a miracle

8. Stacey says:

Lol, on another website it called the crossover no one wants. I would love a Caroline crossover, but since that not in the cards right now, I would happily take a Bonnie crossover, at least it would make sense, with both her and Freya being witches.

9. Phoenix5634 says:

Awesome! Another mini crossover! And directed by Joseph Morgan himself! Can’t wait!

10. Kristen says:

Great!!! I am so glad they are finally making an effort to keep the two shows connected. Even if it’s a mini crossover, it’s still better than not having one at all. I just hope that after waiting 3 long years, we will FINALLY see Caroline interact with Klaus in NOLA at some point before the shows end. I would love to see her help him again (like she did back in TVD when he thought the white oak was in him- that was one of the best episodes of all time!!!) instead of him rescuing her.

11. chal says:

Caroline did not save Klaus when he thought the white oak was in him. That was Silas

• Caroline did save Klaus. Yes, Silas was the villain in that episode and got into Klaus’s head. He called Caroline to help him get the white oak stake out, once she did not find anything and him and her starting talking/arguing over Klaus’s stubbornness. For a quick second, he took his mind off of dying and having the stake in his back. Once he was able to do that. He realized that Silas got into his head and was playing mind tricks with him, but without Caroline he would not have been able to break the hold Silas had. He even told her that she brought him back and thanked her. So yes, Caroline did save Klaus from his delusions brought on by Silas.

12. Mcgathey12@yahoo.com says:

It’s awesome but here lately the originals have kept my interest more than the vampire diaries.

13. Dominique says:

now this should be good! i love that finn’s getting more story now.
    besides, matt is the one who first killed finn, so this oughta be interesting.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

Dominique, Finn is really going to have a problem with Matt, Finn never wanted to be a vampire but his mother loved her children so much that turning them to creatures that could never die, he just wanted to be human, they were all human they had witch blood cause Esther was a witch I just don’t understand why she didn’t teach them magic. Well the show is going to be great.

14. Rali says:

It’s good to see the OGs back in Mystic Falls but I keep waiting for a Klaus and Caroline interaction.

15. zed says:

The last crossover brought a really great surge of ratings up- and it proved also that TVD lot with the Originals is what makes a show great. Well, shows in this case. I am all for the fusion of stories of both shows. And although, the Originals sort of seem better, TVD still has higher ratings.
    I would love to see Elijah and Damon scenes. Those two butting their heads is always a great thing to watch, especially if it involves Elena. Ah, can’t help but think of TVD season 2.
    Bring on the crossover(s)!!!

16. Ghost says:

I feel like with the sudden increase of crossovers it is going to lead to something big
    1) Caroline going to New Orleans in the future
    2) Klaus on TVD
    3)Stefan on the originals
    4) the Big bad Vampire Hunter is from New Orleans
    5) Elijha and Finn running into Matt

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

• one and only says:

They have all shown to know some magic learned from their mother.

• Én szeretnék több the originalst! leah pipes 2-szóra távozott! ? Egy videót keresek Leforgatnak majd a színfalak mögül leah pipes kijön hogy megvitassak kapcsolatukat majd. Joseph Morgan és leah pipes viszonyát! ? Az volt írva sokkoló videó! !?!! Segítsenek megkeresni!? KÖSZÖNÖM SZÉPEN! Jó éjszakát kívánok mindenkinek!

17. Phoenix5634 says:

I wonder if Klaus could use magic as a child…I wonder if Klaus was never turned vampire, and he still actived his werewolf gene.. Would he be a witch/werewolf hybrid, originally ? Before he was turned to vampire/ werewolf… And could that witch gene still be dormant within him?

18. Kim says:

Can’t wait for April 1, where we can see more spin-off with the Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

19. Valerie A. Mendez says:

I can’t wait for Elijah and Finn to go to Mystic Falls, Matt is going to be very affaird Matt killed him when he was a vampire. This won’t happen till APRIL 8
    And I’m excited because Joseph Morgan will be directing, so excited. I wonder what is Lucien’s secret. FIVE MORE DAYS TO GO, I’M SO OVER THE WAITING.

20. betty smith says:

I really LOVE the orignals as much as I did Angel. Keep it going, it gives us something to look forward to.