Dylan O'Brien Injured

Teen Wolf's Dylan O'Brien Hospitalized After Accident on Maze Runner Set

Dylan O’Brien, best known around these parts as Teen Wolf‘s Stiles, was taken to a Vancouver hospital on Thursday after suffering an on-set injury while filming The Death Cure, the latest installment in the Maze Runner film franchise, TVLine has confirmed.

Below is the official statement from the film’s studio, 20th Century Fox:

Dylan O’Brien was injured yesterday while filming Maze Runner: The Death Cure in Vancouver, Canada. He was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment. Production on the film will be shut down while he recovers. Our thoughts go out to Dylan for a full and speedy recovery.

TMZ reports that the accident involved O’Brien being run over by a vehicle, causing “multiple broken bones,” while our sister site Deadline suggests the actor “fractured his cheekbone or orbital socket.” It should be noted that the extent of his injuries have yet to be officially confirmed.

Though production has temporarily been shut down on The Death Cure, a source tells TVLine that O’Brien’s injury is not expected to affect production on the upcoming season of Teen Wolf.

1. M says:

Deadline is reporting that he broke his cheekbone or eye socket or something like that. Not great. Hope he heals quickly.

2. Wordsmith says:

Yikes! Hope it’s not too serious.
    I wonder if they will have to try and write the injury into the plot of the film now…

• kitsunesaru says:

if it is his orbital/cheek bone he’ll probably have a black eye which could be covered by makeup or not if the character needs a black eye..
      Anyway hopefully it’s not too serious!

3. thisismenow says:

I hope he heals quickly and completely. Was he doing his own stunts on the film or was this just an accident that occurred?

4. Goldenvibefan says:

Oh wow, I hope he recovers quickly, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

5. Lola says:

Oh boy. That’s scary! Get well soon Dylan!

6. JC1 says:

Wow. That’s awful. I haven’t watched Teen Wolf since season two, but he was the best part of it. Hope it’s not serious and that he gets better quickly.
    Deadline also says that “O’Brien apparently fell off the back of a set that was supposed to look like the back of a train.” That’s quite a bit different than being run over by a vehicle, as TMZ is reporting. Unless he fell off and then got run over. Ouch. I wonder what really happened.

• Skittles&Bits says:

“I haven’t watched Teen Wolf since season two, but he was the best part of it”. You missed nothing. The show has gotten exponentially worse, save for Dylan’s brilliance. I would recommend you catch season 3A in which he plays a villain; probably the best acting MTV has produced in over a decade. The rest of TW is soporific pandering.

I trust TMZ about as far as I can throw them. I’m more willing to bank money on Deadline being accurate. I sure hope he wasn’t run over as that sounds far worse than simply falling off the back of a set piece. Regardless, I’m praying for his speedy recovery!!

7. Phoenix5634 says:

Wow, thats terrible, I hope Dylan is alright, and has healthy and quick recovery. The details sound horrible if that’s what happen, ran over by a vehicle, broken bones on his skull? Doesn’t sound good. Hope it’s not as serious as it sounds.

8. Ditzy-D says:

I hope he is going to be okay.

9. cat says:

Really?????? An actor is injured and you’re pushing in Stydia?????Reallly??????

10. fi says:

Such a horrible thing to happen to such a great person. hope he gets better soon!
    #PrayForDylanO’Brien

11. Dr. M says:

If any of the above is true, it IS pretty serious. It means his head was run over. Yikes.
    Hopefully, “vehicle” means “golf cart”.

12. Yoyoyo says:

however, both Kaya Scodelario and Chris Sheffield called TMZ out on being false. Chris on his twitter, and Kaya on her instagram