Iron Fist Cast Finn Jones

Marvel's Iron Fist: Thrones' Finn Jones Confirmed to Star — Get Details

British actor Finn Jones aka Game of Thrones‘ Ser Loras Tyrell has been announced as the star of Netflix’s next superhero series, Marvel’s Iron Fist.

The double-secret official news comes three weeks after The Hashtag Show got the rumor mill (and armchair casting directors) buzzing.

Jones will play Daniel Rand, who returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

As a billionaire turned Buddhist monk/martial arts expert, “Danny Rand is a very complicated character,” showrunner Scott Buck said in a statement to Marvel.com. “Finn is able to play all these levels in such an honest, revelatory way that as soon as I saw him I knew he was our Danny.”

“Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world,” adds Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb. “Now that we’ve found our Danny Rand, we’ve completed our principal cast for the upcoming Defenders on Netflix and we are thrilled to continue to show audiences unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe.”

Among the other Defenders, Marvel’s Daredevil releases Season 2 this Friday, Marvel’s Luke Cage is set to debut Sept. 30 and Marvel’s Jessica Jones was renewed for Season 2 in January.

Jones’ previous TV credits also include Hollyoaks and the BBC miniseries Life in Squares.

1. Tom says:

Interesting choice. But they usually hit it right on the mark.

2. Guilherme says:

Great choice, I like him, really looking for this series.

3. Adam says:

What does this mean for Loras on Game of Thrones? He wasn’t exactly left in the best state last season, but I’d be disappointed to see him written off with that storyline (especially since that normally means killed off).

• Phoenix5634 says:

Probably nothing, Dany did the Terminator movie, Jaime is doing the Gods of Egypt movie, pretty sure Brienne, Sansa and Arya have roles in other movies or tv work as well. They seem to always do them during the GoT offseason

• Phoenix5634 says:

Loras “sister”, Margery, Natalie Dormer was also in Hunger Games and other TV shows too. So I doubt this will affect GoT at all.

4. mike says:

No mention of if this guy has any martial arts training at all. Kind of a necessary thing yeah? They can fake some of it, but not to Dannys level

• Steve says:

After the mask is on I’m sure most of the stuff will be done by a stunt double.

• DL says:

I’m more concerned about the simple matter of his physique. I was never able to buy him as Loras Tyrell on GoT. Loras is the most renowned young swordsman of his generation, essentially the next Jaime Lannister. But on the show, Mr. Jones had no athletic physique to speak of; I had a hard time believing he was someone who would have trained almost daily for years with a sword and a jousting lance. Call me a nitpicky book reader, but it impacted my suspension of disbelief.
      I had nothing against his performance though. And it simply may be that the showrunners on GoT never actually broached the topic of him looking the part.
      So, that said, as long as he is actually up to the physical rigors of Iron Fist, and will hit the gym to make sure that he looks appropriately like a trained martial artist, I’m fine with the casting.

5. abz says:

Looking forward to it. Jessica Jones was great as was the first season of Daredevil, so I’m definitely gonna watch. Also I don’t think I’ve seen him with short hair. He’s pretty cute in that picture. Hope to still see him on GoT.

6. Squirrelly says:

I just hope they ditch that high collar in the costume. How does he know if someone is flanking him if he can’t see over his shoulder? :P