Big Brother Season 18 Premiere Date

Big Brother, Zoo, Good Wife Creators' Follow-Up Get Premiere Dates at CBS

CBS’ summertime line-up boasts Houseguests, braindead politicians and more of those attacking animals.

Big Brother will reopen its doors on Wednesday, June 22, when Season 18 premieres. The summertime staple will again have three weekly outings, also airing Thursdays (starting June 23) and Sundays (starting June 26).

Kicking off CBS’ summer lineup will be BrainDead, the D.C.-based comic-thriller from The Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King. Premiering Monday, June 13 at 10/9c (aka Under the Dome’s onetime home), the series follows a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer (10 Cloverfield Lane‘s Mary Elizabeth Winstead) who discovers two things: the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of Congress members. Danny Pino (SVU), Aaron Tveit (Graceland), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Nikki M. James (The Good Wife) and Johnny Ray Gill (Rectify) round out the cast.

On June 22, Big Brother leads into the premiere of American Gothic, a Stephen Spielberg-produced drama that has no relation to the 1995 CBS series but instead follows a prominent Boston family that reels from the discovery that someone in their midst is linked to an infamous string of murders. The cast includes Juliet Rylance (The Knick), Antony Starr (Banshee), Virginia Madsen (Witches of East End), Justin Chatwin (Shameless), Megan Ketch (Jane the Virgin), Elliot Knight (Once Upon a Time), Stephanie Leonidas (Defiance) and Gabriel Bateman (Stalker).

Last but not beast, Zoo Season 2 will bow Tuesday, June 28 at 9pm, with a two-hour premiere in which the danger escalates as the animal mutation moves to Phase 2, and they begin attacking infrastructure and creating deadly environmental phenomena in a bid to make the planet uninhabitable. Also, the team discovers a mutation that threatens the life of one of their own. Set to return are James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Billy Burke, Nonso Anozie and Nora Arnezeder, while Josh Salatin (The Carrie Diaries) and Alyssa Diaz (Army Wives) are new to the meow mix.

1. Phoenix5634 says:

I can’t wait for Zoo to return! Love that show.

• dan says:

I enjoyed it much more than expected last summer and I was thrilled when it was renewed for season two. Hopefully they’ll stay away from Under The Dome ridiculousness despite the somewhat campy sci-fi nature of the show. Looking forward to the return in June!

• Phoenix5634 says:

Same I really enjoyed the first season, and was also thrilled when I heard it was renewed! It’s kind of ironic becuz a few months before it came out, my friends and I were really into the show Helix, and we thought it would be cool if there was a show that was about the evolution of animal intelligence, and how that would effect humanity. Then our hopes were basically answered with this show coming out lol, just funny timing. I really hope this show does better than Helix tho. Really excited for season 2 of Zoo!

2. WAHOOO! My kids are gonna be so happy! We were really worried it was gonna get cancelled.

3. Steven says:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead was great in 10 Cloverfield Lane and I’m still not ready to let go of The Good Wife, so I’ll definitely tune in. Also love Aaron Tviet.

4. Lola says:

I’ll admit that I anxiously await for Big Borther every summer. It’s the guilty pleasure that I can’t quit!

• kodakay says:

I like it two but I hate Battle of the Block. Hope they don’t bring it back again. As soon as they announced it last year I stopped watching and I have been watching faithfully since season 2.

5. Guilherme says:

Curious about BrainDead and American Gothic.

6. gcw07 says:

I assume BrainDead is based on a “true story”.

7. Jennifer says:

Love Zoo!! So happy it’s coming back. Did NOT like the way it ended (if it wasn’t renewed that is)

8. dan says:

Lots of scheduling announcements from CBS this week. That must mean March Madness is starting today! We’ll be seeing plenty of promos for all their finales and summer shows over the next three week.

9. Joey Padron says:

Excited for Zoo’s new season! Will check out BrainDead cause of the cast on the show.

10. arlene says:

BrainDead, really? From The Good Wife to yet more zombies? Am I the only one getting bored with comic book tv?

• Jon Carpenter says:

It’s not based on a comic book. It’s described as a Comic-Thriller. Also, pretty sure it’s not zombies but whatever.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Only good comic ones in my opinion are Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends. And I guess Lucifer, but that’s a very loose adaptation. The rest are too much to keep track of, they may be good or alright, but myself I prefer the Marvel movies over they’re TV shows. I’ll watch one day likely, but my schedule is already full for tv lol

11. Phoenix5634 says:

And yeah, what’s BrainDead about, any more info? This is the first I’m hearing of it, can thank Zoo being in the title for that lol

12. Mary S says:

So, now I know that the Can’t Be Sensible network is sending me elsewhere for many hours this summer…who watches these shows??

13. Brandon says:

3 nights for Big Brother??? Couple that with the announcement yesterday at Person of Interest being cancelled and now im going to be spending my TV time elsewhere. Great job CBS!! Call me back in a few years once you finally get your heads out of your asses.

14. Diana says:

I love your show I watch it when it on or I record it is can watch it later