Mike & Molly Season Premiere

CBS Sets Mike & Molly Return Date, Primetime Price Is Right Specials

Mike & Molly will resume its sixth and final season on Monday, April 25 at 8/7c, CBS has announced.

Following that half-hour midseason premiere, the sitcom will air back-to-back episodes every Monday, starting May 2. It’s series finale thus lands on Monday, May 16.

Similarly, The Odd Couple — which opens Season 2 on Thursday, April 7 at 8:30 pm — will air twice a week, adding a Mondays-at-9:30 outing to its regular offering, starting May 2.

CBS also announced that Undercover Boss will resume its season on Sunday, May 15 at 9 pm, while a trio of primetime The Price Is Right specials will air May 23 (Survivor-themed), May 24 (Big Brother-themed) and May 25 (Amazing Race-themed), all at 8 pm.

Which of the above CBS scheduling are you most looking forward to?

1. JoannePistonFan says:

Any word on when CBS will air POI?

2. Alice says:

POI??? any word on that??? anyone?

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t believe The Price is Right is going to air three straight nights in prime time with reality theme specials. How come they totally forgot all along about bringing back the Million Dollar Spectacular special which hasn’t been on since 2008? Also bring back Celebrity Charity Week back on daytime TV where it left off since February 2013 (Season 41).

4. Shame about M&M. It was one of most consistently funny shows.

• marysue says:

Noo!!!! Can’t get rid of Mike and molly. Tired of stupid reality shows. Mike and molly was the first great comedy in years.

• Esther says:

I am now watching reruns of Frasier because I have watched every episode of Mike and Molly at least 3 times. The rest of the so called comedies are boring and repetitive. I still hold out the hope that someday someone will pick up the program and bring it back on the air.

5. Irisblue says:

Am I the only one who still misses Bob Barker?

I mean Drew Carey seems okay from what I’ve seen, but “TPIR” has really sunk since Freemantle fired Roger Dobokowitz.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I agree. Mike Richards who took over as EP since 2009 is the one to blame and I really don’t know on whether or not he’s turning TPIR into a freak show. Richards also made a very bad decision when he fired Rich Fields as announcer after Season 38 ended which was one of the worst in the Drew Carey era as did Season 41 where it had the most double overbids in a single year. I know why people still have mixed feelings about Drew Carey as Price is Right host but I really think that having a talk show whether it’s daytime or late night should be a perfect TV gig for Mr. Carey.

6. Kyle says:

So… Odd Couple burn off…

7. kp22kc says:

Well, isn’t that just great. Let’s cancel Mike & Molly, but we don’t have enough shows to replace it so let’s just run The Odd Couple twice a week. So stupid! If you don’t have enough shows, don’t cancel the good ones! Ridiculous!

8. I most look forward to Mike & Molly, my favorite sitcom. I am upset that this wonderful and funny show is going off the air. I wish that a cable channel would pick up this great show, and we could enjoy more seasons.

• There is no way a cable channel will pick it up. Melissa McCarthy is one of the top paying actresses. She makes millions a movie so she wouldn’t do the show. Some people in the industry believe this is the reason it’s going off air, but no one will say it. She became a movie star durring a tv series and bolted. Happens alot.

9. etta harney says:

Why must you take Mike and Molly off?
    We love thst show,we look forward to seeing it every week . You sre making a big mistake by taking the show off.

Take off, life in pieces or two broke girls

10. Teri williams says:

CBS Sucks !!! Mike & Molly was one of the funnies shows on TV!

11. She B says:

Mike and Molly. What a dumb a$$ decision to cancel.

12. Esther Jenkins says:

I can’t fathom why Mike and Molly was cancelled. It is one of the best comedy sitcoms I have ever watched. It rivals Frasier. I went from anger, to sadness, to deep sense of loss. Given the bloodbath they call TV today, it was a joy to watch. I have watched every rerun twice over and it still makes me laugh.

13. Deena says:

why is a “season” only 4 episodes?

14. ToyCannon says:

“Mike & Molly” had better end with them learning she will have a baby. No other ending is acceptable, with the possibility of having Molly move to Stars Hollow.

15. CBS totally sucks. Cancelling Mike & Molly, but keeping the other crap. I really hope some other network picks it up.

16. judy embrey says:

Mike & Molly should be back on TV on a regular basis. Good show. Shame on you for not picking it up.

17. David Rider says:

It’s sad to see the series Mike and Molly coming to an end after this season. I enjoy watching them when I can. I also have the previous seasons on DVD to watch anytime and when their series is done.I understand the person playing Molly ( Melissa McCarthy ) is involved with a lot of movies. I ‘m sure that played some kind of roll in cancelling the series.I wish them all the best and I’ll miss seeing any new episodes when the series is done. Thank you for such a great series.

18. Dee Ann says:

Bad call canceling Mike and Molly. It is such a funny show. What needs to be canceled is Two Broke Girls. Horrible program

19. Esther says:

The only program I watch out of all those listed is Mike and Molly. So, when that ends, I will not be watching CBS.

20. C Papin says:

So disappointed about the cancellation of Mike and Molly…don’t care for any of the above shows, especially Under Cover Boss…always the same outcome with sad stories !! Corny and predicable !!

21. Drhodes says:

CBS sucks. Keep your outdated reality tv and dump the funny ones. Good move. Idiots

22. CrystalS says:

DON’T CANCEL MIKE&MOLLY!!!

23. DM says:

Mike and Molly! They deserve a proper ending. CBS just lost a viewer they only gained when the show started. I’m ABC and NBC all the way once this is done. Survivor should have ended years ago.

24. Pam Wright says:

I was so excited when Mike and Molly had come back on in January and was shocked and angry that it was gone after only 6 episodes! I was very sad to hear it was canceled! The show is hilarious, I can’t believe they canceled it. I am glad they are showing the rest of the episodes.

25. Deborah Anderson says:

PLEASE KEEP MIKE AND MOLLY AND CODE BLACK BEST TV !!!!

26. Sophie Scheetz says:

I just love Mike and Molly one of the best shows on TV. PLEASE DON’T TAKE THEM OFF!!!! I WATCH ALL RERUNS

27. Lisa says:

I think it is ashamed to cancel a good sitcom Mike And Molly. If it is because she lost weight shouldn’t be the reason to cancel a show. Mike and Molly have great chemistry. They all make me laugh every week. Please don’t cancel the show at all.

28. Do not take Mike and Molly off the air.I really enjoyed that show,it is so funny.

29. lisa says:

Don’t take off mike n Molly. They have great chemistry. They can be like everybody loves Raymond. Don’t take them off. Love them. Don’t take off the good shows.

30. Roger D. says:

Had a feeling mike&molly would be gone. I’ve seen re-runs way to long but still love the show. When she lost the weight I could see there would be a problem. Sad,maybe another net work will pick it up like what happened with Baywatch!

• Lisa says:

Don’t take off Mike & Molly just because she lost weight doesn’t mean to take off the show. We don’t have that many sitcoms that are funny. I look forward to watching them every week. Was very disappointed they would cancel the show. They can work around the weight. Not going to like the ending on how she finally has a child. Would be nice to see the sitcom go for years. You can work around movies.

31. Monte says:

No no no….. CBS needs to keep Mike and Molly. Get rid of something else …. Like Two Broke Girls.

• Lisa says:

Let’s just not watch TV anymore. They are canceling all the good shows. Mike & Molly, Person of Interest, and Castle. What is going on. There going to put in the price is right really!!!! What a joke.

32. Barbara Ponx-O'Dell says:

Cancelling Mike and Molly was stupid and senseless. With the adoption and her now being pregnant the amount of storylines possible are limitless. Hope the creators take the story and program to another network that will appreciate the comedy for what it is. Fun, laughs and cute storylines. Let’s get going guys. Must be some network ,even if it’s on a non-network station. The fans will follow.

33. E. Romero says:

Hi the show of mike and molly was great .all of us has been waiting for a baby, and now that it happened and they are having another baby. The show gets cancel. T hanks for nothing. Some of us watched the show every week. You do not have anything better. Mike and molly was a great show. Dumb,move should have kept the show on,,the babies and mike and molly would be funny.

34. Esther says:

Tonight is the saddest night for me. My favorite program is leaving. Mike & Molly is the best comedy sitcom I have ever watched. It is equal in every way to my other 2 favorite programs, Frasier and Sex and the City. I know the big wigs don’t give a hoot about the publics interest, but it sure has been gratifying to hear from all of you who loved it as much as I did.

35. Denise says:

It is really sad, when politic’s get involved in the good shows that we watch, I am very sadden and mad about Mike & Molly show ending, if any other network out there that can pick up the show, please do. CBS, I’m very disappointed in your network. I know it may mean nothing to you, but just wanted you to know how I felt.

36. Esther says:

Just a post script to Dennise, I feel just the way
    You do. I hope there is a very smart person out there that gets the frustration we all feel and has the money and the means to bring this program back to us

37. Dawn says:

I want mike and Molly to come back next season

• Esther says:

You and so many others. I am still watching reruns. It’s the only program that makes me laugh even after seeing it over and over again.

• Lisa says:

I will not watch the price is right. What a joke to put this on. Bring back Mike And Molly. I still watch all the reruns as well since there is a lot of crap on TV.

38. Eddie Claytor says:

Yes big mistake CBS $$$$$They pull in the crowd’s. We love Mike &Molly

39. Frank says:

We think Mike & Molly is a very good & refreshing show,most on now is these crappy reality shows,WHO CARES ABOUT THESE PEOPLE anyway. If CrapBroadcastingCorp need to put something off air,they should pick one of the crap shows, Odd couple should be first, . Frank & Ginny

40. Clarisa Dawson says:

Please consider adding Mike and Molly back on TV because that show is what America needss after a stressful day of work. We don’t have enough comedy on the tv and. The world needs a break from the exhausted bickering, arguing, name calling that is being taught on tv. Let the couples get married and have children and put that damn show back on!!!!

• laura says:

Worse most disgusting show on tv, I cant even stomaching the commercials. This show is not funny, it is nasty. Cant believe anyone would find it relaxing. WOW… your comment contradicts your feeling. The show us constant bickering, argueing and insulting. You must be napping during the show. Please keep it off tv and stop the reruns, please…

41. Esther says:

I was thinking the same thing several day’s ago as I was watching one of the reruns for the 4th time. If you guys, who have ears to hear, put this program back on the air, it would restore my faith in the industry.