Supergirl Ratings Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Supergirl Dips to Season Low Opposite Bachelor Finale

Supergirl‘s battle with Red-K on Monday night drew 6.6 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating opposite the Bachelor finale, ticking down from its last fresh outing to series lows.

Leading out of that, Scorpion (8.8 mil/1.5) held steady in the demo while dipping to its smallest audience ever. NCIS: LA (8.7 mil/1.3) meanwhile rose 10 percent and a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | The Bachelor‘s aforementioned closer (9.5 mil/2.8) rose 16 and 12 percent from its last regular episode, marking season highs and matching its year-ago finale. After the Final Rose (9.2 mil/2.7) likewise matched its previous demo number.

FOX | Gotham (4 mil/1.3) slipped 11 percent and two tenths to match series lows. Lucifer (3.9 mil/1.2) ticked down a tenth.

NBC | The Voice (12.2 mil/3.0) slipped 10 percent and two tenths week-to-week, while Blindspot (6.5 mil/1.7) was steady.

1. kirads09 says:

Gotham slipped? Seriously? One of the best eps of the entire series so far!!!
    Can’t wait to see how Blindspot did. It also was a great – different – episode but dealt with so much.

2. Boiler says:

The allure of the Bachelor/Bachelorette is mind boggling. You have a bunch of men and women embarrassing themselves on national TV with 9+ million voyeurs watching. Scorpion was great last night.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

SCORPION really was good last night. A nice break from the wayyyyyyy-over-the-top CGI-fests.

• Maria says:

Scorpion was great!! It’s such a fun show…a mix of barely-plausible adventure and character development thru psychology. I try not to take it too seriously and just enjoy the ride. Great casting too!!

• tvjunkie says:

Probably the same people who watch the Kartrashians, Real (often not actually) Housewives of whatever varieties and stuff like that are watching the Bach… shows. They almost never have lasting matches from what I’ve seen reported.

• Jane says:

Seriously, the Bachelor and the Bachelorette are an insult to people’s intelligence. It’s a well know fact that you can find true love by going on these idiotic shows. What a waste of air time on TV.

3. GraceM says:

I am surprised to hear how low the ratings are for Supergirl. I thought the show was more popular then that.

I hope it can get a second season and improve its ratings.

• ragnar51 says:

I thought it was renewed?

• tvjunkie says:

With as lower episode order than most shows full seasons Supergirl has been hit or miss in terms of when it actually airs new episodes the last 2 months. There are still people without DVRs so I’m sure some of them are missing it with the spotty scheduling.

4. D says:

Super girl is getting bad, the forced relationship between Jimmy and Kara is really bad they have NO chemistry, it’s so bad it make me wonder if the actors dislike each other in real life. The fact that Cat keeps talking about girls power and I am such a powerful woman so much makes me think she insecure and weak.

• Jason says:

what show are you even watching? one. Chemistry is subjective. I think they have good chemistry. Two. this episodes as well as last weeks were not about Kara and Jimmy so to make the correlation of falling ratings being all the fault of one couple is asinine on your part.

• Carm says:

It doesn’t seem like you watched last night. It was one of the best episodes I have seen

• Pérola Cardozo Alves says:

Right? I thought te same thing. First, it ws like the beste episode yet, second, i LOOOOOOOOOVED Melissa’s acting. The way she went from the sweet Supergirl, and progressed to sexy, then bad ass, then cinical and finally I don’t care about anything, let me play, and then, when she’s finally stopped she goes is such a sadness and feeling of failure… Mind blowing!!! Loved it!!! Melissa should take at lest a mention in this “best of the week”. She killed it!!!

• R.O.B. says:

Agreed on the Jimmy/Kara chemistry although for me it is not the actors, it is 1) that he’s supposed to be watching out for her like a big brother and 2) disappointment that Winn was friend-zoned. I think if Kara and Jimmy ever got together it would be as uncomfortable to watch as the prospect of The Flash’s Barry and Iris (his sort-of sister). By the way if they cancel this my teenage daughter is going to be very upset. Love having this show to watch with her.

• Sandy Duncan's Eye on Network TV says:

The problem is that Melissa Benoist has no chemistry with anyone. She can sing, she is attractive but she is charisma free. This is exactly what happened with GLEE. In her casting, all of the boxes were checked except that TPTB failed to see if she had the IT factor.

It was forseeable when her casting was announced. The show is a mess with the only bright spots are Chyler Leigh and David Harewood.

5. “Comet the Superhorse, Streaky the Supercat — we love them all,” said Adler during PaleyFest. “I think that we just hope to continue with this tremendous cast and make episodes for many years to come. We’ll exploit every little thing, I promise. We’ll get in there and turn it on its head and try to make something. I mean, we’ve talked about Streaky. So yeah, definitely we’ll embrace all the canon.”

Maybe that will raise the ratings! :rollseyes:

6. dancmh says:

That’s a shame about Supergirl. Despite my reservations about the Red K Smallville effect, it turned out to be a really good episode with some actual game changing consequences.

7. Tiff says:

What is wrong people? Supergirl was amazing last night. Melissa and Chlyer were spectacular. Why do all the best episode of Supegirl score low. Les come on pick Supergirl up for next season. The Bachelor Please Seriously! Still no deversity.

8. Gregory Eckes says:

That’s a shame about Supergirl because Most critics loved the episode so I hear

9. In terms of demo, Supergirl’s doing far worse than Agents of SHIELD did by the 16th episode of its first season (2.0) even though it has more viewers. That’s relevant given all the dread people had over Agents being cancelled after only one season based on those ratings following its massive debut.

In terms of what 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly did last season, they did fairly better than Supergirl is doing now in both areas.

• Well, the episode lived up to its title: falling :P

• tvjunkie says:

different timeslots, different competition. but I suppose you’ll compare apples and oranges just to take another swipe at Supergirl. BTW how’s life under your bridge?

• KJD says:

Actually, considering the continual, (and, boy, do I mean, CONTINUAL), babbling of this fanboy, I wouldn’t ask about life under the bridge–more like, life in mommy’s basement….

10. Mr. Smith says:

Want to know what’s wrong with the world today? We would rather watch mindless drivel like The Bachelor than watch something that gently requires us to think and contemplate (yes, I know Gotham and Supergirl are based on comic books, but BOTH episodes last night were genuinely creative and thought provoking).

Shame on America for watching such stupidity.

11. Phun says:

I don’t get the drop in Supergirl’s ratings. It was such a beautiful episode on so many levels. To quote Ali Adler about the episode “The demons we fight within ourselves are usually the greatest villains we have to face.” And people would rather watch reality crap! Ugh!

12. ndixit says:

Supergirl is paying the price of having an inconsistent first half of the season. One of the big flaws of the season is the lack of a compelling villain. The Flash and Arrow both did well with their respective first season villains while both Supergirl and LoT are both lacking in that department.

13. Angus says:

America is hypnotized by trash tv, bachelor, kardashians etc. ..I know its over but Honey Booboo….really!!! America needs an enema.

• tvjunkie says:

its the same people who are going to vote for Hillary…the poorly educated looking for mindless drivel to watch as they complain about not getting enough free handouts from the government

• Angela says:

Yeeeeeah, no. Not even close to true. I’ll vote Democrat whether it’s her or Bernie who wins the nomination, and I cannot even begin to understand the appeal of the “Bachelor”/”Bachelorette” shows.
        But hey, way to stereotype and make baseless assumptions comparing one’s entertainment tastes and political leanings.

• bbussey says:

Angela — Well said, and spot on.

• tvjunkie says:

you do realize sterotypes exist for a reason, which is more often then not they’re true with respect to whatever group they are about. if that wasn’t the case then the stereotype would not exist

14. Gerry says:

Shame about SUPERGIRL. Last night was its strongest entry to date. Calista Flockhart and Melissa Benoist were in excellent form.

15. kenkraly2004 says:

Sorry I disagree last night’s Supergirl episode was great one of the best of Season 1 so far. Series low ratings? I don’t buy it so yea not too worried about this. Also don’t really like The Bachelor it’s boring.

16. Mike Sherman says:

“Agents of Shield” has become boring now that they killed off much of the original cast. Twice. “Once Upon a Time” is also heading out the door. It’s current storyline stinks. A black Jimmy Olson is killing Supergirl off. He is supposed to have red hair and freckles. Spring 2016 TV is not doing well.