Better Call Saul Renewed Season 3

Better Call Saul Renewed for Season 3

Jimmy McGill will be back: Better Call Saul has been renewed for a third season, AMC announced Tuesday.

The Breaking Bad prequel series’ Season 3 will consist of 10 episodes. Showrunners Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould will continue in their roles.

“What Vince, Peter, Bob [Odenkirk] and the entire team have accomplished with Better Call Saul is truly rare and remarkable. They have taken one of the most iconic, immersive and fan-obsessive (in the best possible way) shows in television history and created a prequel that stands on its own,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios, in a statement. “Watching Jimmy McGill’s thoughtful, melodic and morally flexible transformation into Saul Goodman is entertaining and delighting millions of fans, whether their starting point was Breaking Bad or not. This series has its own feel, pace and sensibility and we can’t wait to see what this incredibly talented group comes up with next in Season 3.”

According to AMC, the Emmy-nominated drama — which recently was graced by a visit from another Breaking Bad character — is averaging 4.4 million viewers per episode in its second season, 2.5 million of them in the 18-49 demo.

Are you excited about Saul‘s return? Sound off in the comments!

1. Murica! says:

Great news!! The second season has been great.

2. I love this show, glad it’s been renewed.

3. HAP says:

Rhea Seehorn is an under appreciated treasure on this show.

4. peegee says:

I like the show very much but there are more commercials than program content
    I record and skip commercials

5. George H. says:

Love seeing the old Breaking Bad characters showing up on Better Call Saul. What I’m really enjoying the most is Mike’s transformation. Mike was one of my favorite characters on Breaking Bad. Anyway, glad Better Call Saul has been renewed already.

6. Walkir says:

They need to pick up the pace a bit. I don’t need it to be car crashes and gun fights but the urgency just isn’t there. Too much filler.

7. kirads09 says:

Yay. I love Better Call Saul. I find it almost physically painful to see Jimmy have such a good heart (as Chuck said in the most recent episode) but still continually sabotage himself and slip closer and closer becoming Saul Goodman. Especially he really loves KIm but it 100% blowing it with her. Speaking of Chuck. Both seasons I have been so impressed with McKean. Yes, I know Chuck is cruel but the performance is amazing. And Mike is extraordinary.

8. Cobra says:

This is great news!

9. hope Chuck has an awfully embarrassing death. worst brother ever. Mckean has done a great job playing him

10. Elladara13 says:

Why 10 episodes for each season? Can’t we do 13 at least?

11. Ric says:

Mckean has given a stellar performance. Mike is a personal favorite and the entire cast is top notch.

12. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m happy it’s getting renewed

I’m wondering if/when Gus will become part of the series.

13. William Metros says:

Great show. Big fan. Renew for 4th season!!!

14. Natalie says:

Yay!

15. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show got renewed! Season 2 been great!

16. Amy says:

Excellent news. I love this show, and I am also enjoying seeing all the cameos from people that were on BB.

17. Glen says:

Great show

18. JJ Van says:

Love the show! Ten episodes per season seems way too few and the length of time between seasons way too long!

19. Marc cutler says:

Great thanks for renewal can’t wait for season 33

20. Chaz says:

I hope Better Call Saul goes on for many years. It stands as a great show even if you had never seen Breaking Bad. I’d love to see B.C.S.take at least a year more as we watch Jimmy turn into Saul and Mike getting hooked up with Gus. Then more years of these two during the period pre Breaking Bad era. After that, overlay some Breaking Bad characters into the mix but with Saul and Mike being the main carriers of the plot line with Saul abetting other criminals and Mike/Gus building their empire.

21. Mark Thorpe says:

This a great show. I am excited thee will be more. We loved BB and this show is as good or better. Really love the Mike character, truely unique.

22. Saad says:

Awesome work guys!!! keep it up. waiting for season 3 when it is expected?

23. Dan the man says:

Best TV show on,,,,Thankfully continues.

24. Jen Kelly says:

Cant wait!! Lets go!

25. Diane Price says:

Very happy to hear “Better Call Saul” is coming back. I was late coming to “Breaking Bad” & had to do a number of weeks “bing-watching”. “Better Call Saul” is a great intro into background of these characters. These Writers are absolutely incredible! The Writers & Actors have creative a sort of addictive behavior. Thank goodness for “On Demand” so I can watch over & over. Seems like I always miss something the 1st & 2nd times. Perhaps it is early stages of dementia? :)

26. Jack Strong says:

Cant wait for Mar.15 ..what a great series…bring back Walter White soomehow then your cooking….