March BADness Tournament

March BADness Tourney: Fangs Come Out in Our All-Vampire Showdowns!

TV, TV, on the wall… who’s the baddest of them all?

That’s the question at the heart of TVLine’s March BADness Bracket Tournament, a brutal scrum among the most violent, scheming, bitchy, low-down dirty characters ever to grace the small screen.

Love to hate ’em or just plain love ’em, there’s no denying these 64 filthy mcnasties have left an indelible mark on the TV landscape. But treacherous as they are, they’re not about to share their glory.

That’s where you come in. From now through the end of the month, we’ll be putting up two posts per day asking you to winnow down the field to one ultimate villain. So do the dirty deed by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 48 hours), then hitting the comments to justify your picks.

Our latest matchups include Klaus Mikaelson from The Originals against Russell Edgington from True Blood, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Angelus versus The Vampire Diaries‘ Katherine Pierce.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and keep coming back to TVLine over the next two weeks to see how March BADness plays out. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Roger says:

This isn’t even a contest. Angelus would make pure poetry with their desecrated bodies just to prove his point.

2. Joey says:

In what universe could Russel Edgington possibly lose that matchup.

3. Annie says:

Angelus could go far in this.

4. Russell would wipe the floor with Klaus. Klaus whines too much.

And Angel would decimate Katherine.

I say, put Russell against Angel, that would be a decent fight.

5. Mak says:

Klaus is getting soft!

6. Jon XVI says:

Angelus should go far, definatly a possible finalist.

And bah, Russel is loosing his bout….

7. Eva says:

“now time for the weather.. Tiffany?” (so proud of myself for remembering the name used in this quote, lol)

8. Mr. Tran K says:

Nina Dobrev as Katherine on TVD is one naughty vampire.

9. Csr says:

Like Spike said, Angelus doesn’t want to just rule the world, he wants to end it.

10. Katherine Ledesma says:

Angelus wins no question.
    “For a hundred years I offered ugly death to everyone I met, and I did it with a song in my heart.”

11. Jason says:

Angelus literally has no soul. None of these guys can compare to the scene he set for Giles with Jenny Calendar. And that was just the top of a very nasty list of sins.

12. Will Trokey says:

Angelus wins hands down because of the absolute glee he takes in torturing EVERYONE including the woman his alter loves. Klaus from Vampire Diaries might have gotten my vote but once CW tried to redeem him later on VD and then on the Originals Russell wins this out. He again has no regard for anyone.

13. Phoenix5634 says:

Klaus vs Russel would be an epic fight, but as for badness I think Russel is more “bad”. Pre-Hope ( daughter ) Klaus would have gave Russel a run for his “bad” money tho lol. And I never watched Buffy, but Katherine was pretty stone cold most of the time, I voted for her.

Also on a side note, looking over the full board, I wish I could nominate Anubis from SG-1. Would be a good match up against Borg Queen. Or possibly Ba’al, Anubis would be better tho.

14. lrdslvrhnd says:

Angelus wins for one simple reason: “Valentine’s Day. Yes. Um. ‘Angel nails a puppy to the-‘ ”
    I don’t watch TVD (or Originals, or True Blood), but I can’t imagine any way another vampire wins out over him. Anybody nailing a puppy to anything for any reason automatically wins a “baddest of them all” lineup.

15. Katie says:

I bought the first season of True Blood because I’d read the first two books but two episodes in I hated it with a purple passion. Completely and utterly did not do the books justice at all. I sold the damn set within a month. So on that one, I voted for Klaus because he can be nasty himself (though he’s been humanized a bit) plus I like TO. The second one-no contest-Angelus! Holy crap he was EVIL! I still see poor Jenny’s body and the look on my favorite “librarian” Giles’ face. Dear God in heaven that was hard to watch and especially being a teen in high school-the emotions were through the roof! The way he tormented the Scooby Gang and Spike, too. Ugly. Actually, I have to say Angelus would wipe every vamp in this category off the face of the earth, Klaus included. That’s a vamp you DON”T want to walk into in a dark alley alone. Give him the title to this bout.

• Basically you’ve never watched True Blood and the greatness of Russell Edginton and you’re here saying Klaus is better. PLEASE.
      Do yourself a favor and go watch the almighty Russell Edgington and you’ll realize Klaus is just a whiny little boy.

16. Ella says:

Angelus! <3

17. Ashbash says:

Katherine may have been wicked but Angelus was pure evil. You’ve gotta be a special kind of bad if the only way to punish you is by giving you a soul

18. westie says:

What, no Spike?

19. Anna says:

How on earth is Russell losing to Klaus? Russell was pure freaking evil – his favorite pastime was ripping out people’s spines just because and cracking himself up reminiscing about slaughtering innocent people. But I guess this is what happens when a bunch of fangirls and fanboys see these quizzes – it just becomes a popularity contest.

20. Phil says:

Would love to see a one-off where Angelus and Katherine team up! That would be quite enjoyable. And probably very, very bloody.