The Bachelor Season 20 Finale

The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Ben Propose to Lauren or JoJo?

Attention, Bachelor Nation: If you don’t want to know who “won” Monday’s Most Dramatic. Finale. Ever., avert your eyes, because you’re about to be spoiled.

After telling both Lauren Bushnell and JoJo Fletcher that he was in love with them — not the most boneheaded move in franchise history, but a questionable one all the same — Ben Higgins at last popped the question to… Lauren!

In the two hours that preceded Ben’s proposal (and Lauren’s immediate acceptance of it), both ladies met Ben’s parents, and Mrs. Higgins had the exact reaction you’d expect from a woman whose son is in love with two girls: “I find that really disturbing.” Puh-reach, Momma H.

The Bachelor Season 20 FinaleThe family introductions were followed by Ben’s final one-on-one dates with his girls — one of them much more emotional than the other, as JoJo sat on a bathroom floor with her potential fiancé and asked for some comforting words before Ben made his big choice. (In response, Ben admitted to JoJo that he’s also in love with Lauren and has told her as much. Not comforting, Higgins!)

In the end, after picking out a sparkly Neil Lane engagement ring and telling the home audience about four dozen times that he “feels lost,” Ben opted to slide that diamond on Lauren’s perfectly polished finger.

That’s not to say Ben relished saying goodbye to JoJo. After watching JoJo’s Break-Up Limo drive off, Ben admitted that he loved her — so much, in fact, that he wasn’t sure if he should propose to Lauren. (But don’t worry about JoJo. She’s the next Bachelorette, and she’ll be juuust fine.)

“Lauren, I never want to say goodbye to you,” Ben told his wife-to-be upon her arrival. “I want to wake up every morning and kiss you on the face. I want to go to bed every night, knowing that I’m going to wake up next to the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on.” And then Lauren and Ben argued over which one of them is the luckiest person in the world. (Aww! Their first fight!)

With that, I turn it over to you. Did Ben make the right choice? Hit the comments!

1. Bryan says:

Tried watching this season because of UnReal. It’s quite cringe-y with some entertaining moments. I wonder what Ben feels like whenever some of the booted off girls say that they feel unloved when that was his fear coming in on the show in the first place?

2. Monika says:

Jo jo was my favaroite from the day she stepped out of the Limo. Ben you know what to do!!!🌹🌹🌹🍺

3. Christy Che's er says:

I would say she is his equal

4. Who cares? They’re probably broken up already since these shows are stretched out and they can’t have contact for 8mo. No way to start a life together when you can’t be with who you choose. Hasn’t there only been one completed marriage in the history of these shows?
    Though I do find it interesting that NFL Draft Guru Mel Kiper Jr. has a Batchelor’s Big Board where he ranks all the contestants throughout the past season. He said his wife and family likes to watch the show so he got in on it by ranking the contestants weekly like he ranks the top draftable college football players.

• PL says:

They most definitely have contact in between taping and the show airing. That’s how Kaitlyn’s season got spoiled on Twitter…a picture of her and Shawn while the show was airing.

And the show isn’t a success story by a long shot, but there are several marriages.

5. bridyyc says:

Thanks for starting your article with a spoiler warning so nothing shows on the main TV Line page. Unfortunately, right above this article on the man TV Line page is the article about JoJo being the next Bachelorette. Which kinda (totally) spoils your non-spoiled article. Smoooooth!

6. Tennisnsun says:

Ben Higgins was my favorite Bachelor of all time until he confessed that he was in love with two women. After that I couldn’t stand him. You just don’t treat women that way. It’s totally cruel as well as selfish and immature. I agree with his Mom that it is “very disturbing”. He is adorable, handsome and utterly charming but he is not ready for a real marriage. I do have the feeling we will be seeing more of him on TV. He literally took over the end of the show from Chris Harrison. He would be great as a host or moderator, just not as a husband!

• Leslie says:

I couldn’t have put it in a better way. I really liked him as well and thought highly of him, until,,,,,,,,,, you don’t do that. I actually feel bad for Lauren. He is not to be trusted. :(

• Timmah says:

Ben is a dullard and would be one of the worst hosts I could imagine.

7. Shay says:

I was hoping he picked JoJo….the were so natural together …..real but perhaps he looked at her more as a friend than lover…I hope she finds true love. And word is Caila feels snubbed that she’s not the next bachelorette???… she is not ready to settle down! She did not seem ready for Ben!….final word: it would be nice to see a real relationship evolve interrracially just saying.