Scream Queens @ PaleyFest: Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis Among Season 2's Med-School Players

Look who’s (still) Screaming!

Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, Abigail Breslin, Billie Lourd and Glen Powell will all return for Season 2 of Scream Queens, it was announced at the show’s PaleyFest panel on Saturday night.

The vicious, possibly sociopathic Chanels — last seen sentenced to a hospital for the criminally insane — will have been legally exonerated, and accepted to medical school, executive producer Brad Falchuk teased.

Curtis’ Dean Munsch, meanwhile, will embark on a new mission, buying the hospital where Roberts’ Chanel Oberlin and her posse have enrolled, with the goal of taking on incurable cases and fixing the broken system, Falchuck added. Among her hires? Palmer’s forward-thinking physician Zayday Williams.

The cast learned how their existing characters would figure into the sophomore season plot at the same time as the PaleyFest audience.

Murder and mayhem will ensue within the walls of the hospital, where Michele’s Hester Ulrich will play a role. The actress joked (we think?) that One Direction’s Harry Styles would factor into the bloodshed.

Meanwhile, Niecy Nash, who confirmed her return as Officer Denise Hemphill via Twitter earlier this month, will see her fan-fave character having risen high in the ranks of the FBI, and integral to the investigation.

Scream Queens‘ first season ended in December with the long-awaited reveal of Lea Michele’s Hester as the dreaded Red Devil terrorizing Wallace University. Fox renewed the show for a second season in January.

Though Scream Queens averaged just 2.8 million weekly viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, Fox notes that only 30 percent of its audience watched live, with 26 percent catching up on DVR and 44 percent viewing via VOD and Hulu.

Excited about these new Season 2 teases? Sound off in the comments!

Reporting by Scott Huver

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Ella says:

That sounds like bad fanfic

• Ru says:

^^ THIS!
      I thought they were going to use the same cast but new characters (like AHS). This is just bad.

• Rebirth says:

As bad as it sounds, they always planned to use the same characters but in a different location The only difference now, is, 95% were supposed to be killed off with only 2-3 surviving but, RIB fell in love with the cast and changed their game plan to allow more to return for season 2.

2. Michelle says:

I liked the summer camp premise better. This sounds…not good.

3. lorna says:

I hated the first season. I understand it was a spoof and satire, but it was soooo bad. Emma Roberts deserves better.

• Guy says:

It was completely witless. Campy satire can be great. But Scream Queens was just plain stupid. Not scary, not funny, not smart. Plus a whole lot of atrocious acting.

• If you thought it was witless, then you would find a lot of British shows to be witless too, because it had the same kind of absurdist humor a lot of Brit shows have used. Here in the UK, we love that kind of humor. If you hate it, why are you here talking about? Talk about indulging in negativity.

• Sooooo bad for you. I love that kind of absurdist humor.

4. Phillip says:

So pumped they are all back!!

5. Geo says:

Seriously bad idea not to make this an anthology.

6. LB says:

So excited for another season of Niecey and Glen. They made sitting through the dumb parts of this show well worth it!

7. Hate the hospital theme but glad Lea,Emma & Jamie Lee are back.Are the Chanel’s even smart enough for med school?Howd they get out of the psych ward they were in & seemed happy at?Didnt Chanel O get killed by the Red Devil in the last minute of s1?How are they gonna be exonerated without proving Hester did it not them?

8. Josh says:

None of them were interested in med-school, half of them are idiots…

I mean, why go these route for a show that already makes zero sense. We’re going negative here.

Why not just stick with summer camp?

9. Martim says:

Season 2 can’t come soon enough!

10. B says:

I thought this was supposed to be an anthology series?

11. N says:

This seems so forced, I agree with everyone else that this should have been an Anthology series as they really went as far as they could in the 1st season which should have wrapped the story up, but instead ended in lackluster fashion. This show badly needs a clean slate and fresh start but it looks like its gonna beat us over the head with the same characters and more or less same story. Is there really any more story to tell from season one other than everyone finding out the killer was Hester. Just a waste of potential, I cant imagine this getting a season 3.

12. Spence says:

This sounds dreadful. What a waste of time for Niecy Nash and Keke Palmer.

13. JJ says:

What about Skyler Samuels as Grace??

14. Loui says:

No Skyler?

15. Belle says:

Skyler and Oliver will be a daddy-daughter duo of murderous antics…no not really. I did hope that Emma, Glen, and JLC would be the only actors to return for Season 2. Don’t start hating already, give the season 2 a chance first!

16. Apparently, “fan-fave” means “universally hated” these days.

17. abz says:

I know I’ll most likely tune in since I watched the first season, but this already sounds like it’s going off the rails. However, this plot makes absolutely no sense so whatsoever. I could maybe buy into it more if it were an anthology like AHS with different characters, but using the same ones is ridiculous. None of them expressed any interest in Medical School and most of them are idiots to begin with.
    Also, I hope they don’t bring back Skyler Samuel’s and Oliver Hudson’s characters. They were incredibly boring.

18. Jk says:

Paley adjacent question. Does anyone know why they are not live streaming this year? I know Hulu is the media partner, so will they show them on there eventually?

19. Has a episode order been revealed?Im guessing 13 again.

20. dan says:

I love the hospital theme. Jamie Lee was running from Michael Myers in Halloween 2, so it seems fitting, somehow.

But … the Chanels as doctors? You’d be better off operating on yourself with a plastic knife. I still want to watch it.

21. Sarah says:

Okay so the storyline seems like it’s going to be pretty terrible. But, I mean, Chad Radwell. I’m in.

22. DoctorWhoFanatic says:

Ugh, and we won’t get to see Nick Jonas in scrubs. Dang. *Sigh*

Any word on Lea Michele?

And while I’m excited about this, because season one was a fantastic mess of fun ridiculous awful campy goodness, I am disappointed they changed their mind about summer camp as the theme.

23. Nicole says:

Powell and Nash being back is all I wanted to hear. Denise + Chad 4eva!

Although if I were a betting woman, in a surprise episode 1 move Chad gets offed and it’s his murder that brings Special Agent Denise back so she can avenge her lost love and bring him justice.