Amazing Race Ratings Season 28

Ratings: Amazing Race and Dr. Ken Dip to Season Lows, Sleepy Ticks Up

The Amazing Race‘s trip to the somewhat-picturesque French Alps on Friday night drew 5.5 million total viewers and 1.0 rating (per finals), ticking down on both counts and marking a season low in the demo.

Leading out of that, Hawaii Five-0 (8 mil/1.1) dipped to a season-low audience while steady in the demo. Blue Bloods (9.8 mil/1.2) was flat.

Elsewhere in the ratings:

ABC | Of Friday’s bubble sitcoms, Last Man Standing (6.2 mil/1.1) was flat while Dr. Ken (4.5 mil/0.9) ticked down to a series low. Shark Tank (5.7 mil/1.3) rose a tenth.

NBC | The 100th episode of Grimm (3.9 mil/0.9) dipped a tenth in the demo.

FOX | Sleepy Hollow (2.9 mil/0.8) rose a tenth, while Second Chance (1.9 mil/0.5) was steady.

1. heather says:

Is it just me or are the tasks on The Amazing Race really watered down this season? Is it because of the contestants? I hope they learn from this dip in ratings and go back to what works… mostly unknown people, really pushing and challenging themselves.

• dan says:

Watered down? Did you see everything they had to do in the Alps? Some of them had breathing problems due to the altitude. Both detours involved physical activity in the snow and the paragliding required one person to run in several feet of snow in hopes that the wind would launch them into the air. Many failed on their first (and second) attempts. This leg looked exhausting (and beautiful) to me.

• Chuck says:

Seriously? This was one of the best episodes for challenges in a long time. Brought me back to when I first started watching and they made grandmothers hang glide.

• Gail says:

I am skipping the Amazing Race this season, I had no interest in watching Youtube “stars”

2. Melody says:

Having all youtube pseudo celebs on the Amazing Race was a horrible mistake.

3. James D says:

Arg. Dang it! I really wish more people would watch Second Chance it is such a good show and deserves many more seasons.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

This maybe bad news for Dr. Ken. As for Hawaii Five-O CBS should renew the Alex O’Loughlin led series for a proper “final season”.

5. AngelWasHere says:

Amazing Race this season has been sport of boring to me. I miss the regular contestants. Also where’s the diversity? I know the topic has been said over and over to death in Hollywood lately, but I miss when the race had all shapes, sizes, and colors.