Sarah Wayne Callies Returns to Prison Break

Prison Break: Sarah Wayne Callies Set to Return for Fox Revival — Get Details on the Series' 'Biggest Escape Ever'

Don’t lose your head, but another Prison Break vet is returning for Fox’s revival.

TVLine has learned that the franchise’s female lead, Sarah Wayne Callies, has signed on to reprise her role as Dr. Sara Tancredi in the forthcoming limited-series continuation. Callies’ heroine was famously decapitated in Season 3 only to resurface in Season 4 with her head on straight.

As TVLine reported in February, Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein is set to play Sara’s new husband in the 9-episode event series, which will begin filming in Vancouver in April. Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell are also set to return as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while talks to bring back Robert Knepper (aka T-Bag) continue.

In the drama’s new chapter, which picks up after Michael’s apparent death, Sara has moved on with her life, raising her and Michael’s child with her new husband. When clues surface suggesting that Michael may be alive, Sara teams with Lincoln to engineer the series’ biggest escape ever. “The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden said. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.

Callies is currently a series regular on USA Network’s Colony, which airs its Season 1 finale on March 17.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Billy joe says:

2. Bwhit says:

Finally a description and Yay Sara is on board! Thank you Sarah Wayne Callies for coming back. This is terrible but I hope her new husband is a bad guy, maybe working with the company to keep tabs on her and little Michael. Whatever Michael has been going through, it cannot be pretty.

3. Lola says:

Happy dance.

4. Sammi says:

Thank you so much for this news! I’m so happy to read that Sarah is coming back! I’ve been waiting for this news since they confirmed they were doing the show. I’m still not thrilled that Sara will have a new husband, but I have confidence that she will end up with Michael. I’m excited to see who else from the old cast will sign on, but as long as I have my favorites Mike, Linc, and Sara I’ll be more than happy with the show!!

5. N says:

Yay! Sarah’s back!

6. Teri says:

Love Sarah and the whole cast. Great show.

7. Ruth says:

You might have already answered this and I just missed it, but please tell me Wentworth Miller will continue on Legends. It just wouldn’t be the same without him. Thanks.

8. Shaun says:

Good,she been terrible on Colony,lol.

9. That’s amazing. Without Sarah, it would make no sense to watch the event episodes. Really happy!

10. Annie says:

Thank god. *breathes sigh of relief*. Sarah and Michael need their happy ending.
    I hope the details with Knepper get sorted out. TBag is a horrific character, but it wouldn’t be the show without him. Also hope Nolasco comes back too (Sucre).
    Any word on Jodi O’Keefe??

11. Mare says:

YAY, so glad she’s back too!

12. Arthi Bundoo says:

Eager to know the end of the story .sure it will b more than interesting.

13. kirads09 says:

Yay. Wouldn’t be the same with out her. She is KILLING it on Colony btw. That is also an excellent show.

14. Isn’t she supposed to be a fugitive after Michael broke her out of prison in “the final break”?

15. Mohammd says:

Are they going to make s5

16. Lenny says:

T-bag MUST return!

17. serge says:

When is started

18. dean says:

Please tell me that her new husband is Paul Kellerman. She had so much more chemistry with him than with Michael.

19. Super Sam says:

Can we have Patricia Wettig back too as well? She was so creepy (and underused) as President Caroline.

20. Jules says:

I’m a huge Michael and Sara fan. I’m so happy she is returning! I would not have watched the reboot without her. I’m hoping Michael and Sara will reunite. Her marriage to the new guy won’t be legal anyway since her first husband (Michael) is actually alive. So her second marriage is not legally bound. The Michael/Sara pairing is hugely popular with the fans. So I hope the writers will not disappoint the viewers.

QUESTION: Is Sarah confirmed for all 9 episodes???? I really hope so. I heard there were issues with the scheduling in terms of filming Colony. Colony is supposed to film in July, I think. Hopefully Sara can be in all the episodes of Prison Break.

21. GemmaG. says:

I want Brad Bellick to return. Can they make his death in the water pipe a fake because he is so darn convincing in his undercover roles? He was awesome!

22. betty Lou says:

So glad is returning never missed an show

23. Pamela Harris says:

I can’t wait to see Michael and Sara and their son