Cote De Pablo in Prototype

NCIS Alum Cote de Pablo Eyes TV Return in Syfy Pilot Prototype

Ex-NCIS leading lady Cote de Pablo is inching closer to a full-time TV return.

The actress is in final talks to play the female lead opposite Smash‘s Jack Davenport in the Syfy pilot PrototypeDeadline reports.

The potential series, written by 24: Live Another Day scribe Tony Basgallop, centers on three unlikely people who inadvertently stumble upon an invention that challenges the very nature of quantum physics.

De Pablo — who recently starred in the CBS miniseries The Dovekeepers — is poised to play Laura Kale, a member of the aforementioned trio who is described as a driven, extremely intelligent mother of two.

The news comes amid speculation (or wishful thinking?) about de Pablo’s possible return to NCIS to help facilitate the imminent departure of former co-star Michael Weatherly. In a TVLine poll, 28 percent of respondents expressed their wish that Tony reunite with de Pablo’s Ziva before riding off into the sunset.

NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg recently told Matt Mitovich that Ziva will likely merit at least a mention. “You can’t have Tony leave the show and not get into that in some respect,” said the EP, “so plan on it being discussed and handled, even if it’s in background.”

1. I had no interest at all in this pilot but I am all in now that Cote’s in talks for the female lead.

2. Dee says:

Her fans should be over the moon.

3. The show sounds very interesting and I look forward to seeing Cote play a character [week after week] that appears to be very different than Ziva David. Looking forward to finding out more about the other 2 main characters and who will be playing them.

4. Really excited about this and for Cote! Wonder why they’ll film the pilot?

5. Barbara says:

Cote is in a play the week they film the finale for NCIS. So to those saying this starts filming then, wrong.

• If I remember correctly, it’s a one day script in hand playing that week. Wish I could go to Boston to see it. 😊

• Leia says:

She’s in Death and the Maiden a theatre in the rough presentation where the cast actually has their scripts in hand, and yes it’s set for April 25 or 26, right around the filming of the season finale ep of NCIS, so she will be in Boston not LA. On the bright side the performance is a free one, with the option for donation, and a meet and greet with the cast afterwards if you do donate. It’s only a one night performance but timing couldn’t be worse for Tiva fans, There’s always the voice over.

6. estefania says:

I am so happy for cote and for her millions of fans around of the world we miis to see her talented and beauty on tv

7. Callie says:

So is there no possibility of her return for Michael’s departure? None at all?

8. SoFla says:

They better sign her, her fan base that misses her on screen each week will guarantee ratings for the show. I know I will, but i watch SyFy anyway, love their programs (RIP Defiance).

I have not watched a single episode of NCIS since she left. She made that show for me & I am quite sure she will do the same for this one.

9. Marian Hootman says:

It would be nice to see Tony and ziva go off together as a couple when Tony leaves. Although I am sad to see that they will both be gone off the show. I wish them the very best in all there endeavors.

10. Patti says:

I’ve read a lot of articles about how Michael Weatherly should ride into the sunset. Ziva’s return is certainly among the most suggested. However, I think the writers would be completely copping out to have Tony leave NCIS…just for a woman…..or his own team ( he had that chance once and said no). There is one avenue I haven’t heard any one mention…and to me…it is the only exit that follows Tony’s growtth as a mature human being. He leaves for his father. Tony Sr has a health issue which causes him to need constant care…and Tony Jr will have none of putting him into a “home”. He leaves NCIS and his current family for his original family…and spending Sr’s last days together, hoping to make up for not having a childhood with his father.

11. Tony Newcomb says:

Have never liked Tony, would love to see him leave NCIS and have Ziva return !!! What a great idea ! Replace Tony with Ziva ! Shows rating jump 1,500% !!!!

12. Rhonda Holaday says:

would love to see Ziva come back to NCIA. Have to say that I would like Tony to stay. But either way would love for Cote’ to return to the screen

13. Joyce Marie Hawes says:

I want to see ZIVA come back to NCIS to send off Tony. That would be so wonderful. Please. I’d love to see both ZIVA and TONY get together before Tony calls it quits.

14. I hope she does Prototype. I know it is different than NCIS, but I know she will be great in it.

15. bart4u says:

I have worked with Cote before and she is very nice to work with and a very talented actress. Cote is not a diva like many actresses with similar a resume. This SyFy pilot sounds like a very cool project. I will check it out when it is ready to be watched. The writing should be excellent and I hope it gets picked up for a series

16. Johnny J says:

Does anyone know what day Prototype will air?