Game of Thrones Official Season 6 Trailer: Defeated Daenerys, Defiant Cersei and Jon Snow's Corpse

“You’re in the great game now,” Tyrion warns in the new, official trailer for Game of Thrones‘ upcoming sixth season. “And the great game is terrifying.”

That’s the understatement of the year, if the video above is any indication of the HBO drama’s forthcoming episodes. As a cover of “Wicked Games” plays in the background, Westeros’ main players endure danger, dirt and deceit — among other challenges and torments. Among the memorable moments: a tarnished Daenerys walks in the midst of an insanely large khalasar, Cersei vows “I choose violence” and Melisandre tearfully laments that “The great victory I saw in the flames, all of it was a lie.”

But can we talk about the blink-and-you-miss-it flash of Jon Snow’s corpse, which at least partly backs up portrayer Kit Harington’s recent comments on the subject? The actor recently said that the only new scenes he’s filmed for the series were “scenes of me being dead” and joked “It’s some of my best work.”

Also of note (in no particular order): Jaime and Cersei looking closer than they have in quite some time; blind Arya; Sansa looking rather self-possessed; Ser Jorah clutching a ring in a field; the (reanimated?) Mountain; explosions!; a dragon!; Bran with the Night’s King!; Brienne in glorious beast mode!

Game of Thrones returns on Sunday, April 24, at 9/8c. Until then, press PLAY on the video above, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Julio says:

Jon Snow cannot be died. I refuse to believe it!

2. Ray says:

I love Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game,” but the cover of that track seemed a bit incongruous here.

3. Jose says:

Yeah because they are so going to spoil Jon Snows return in the trailer. Just because he is dead doesn’t mean he can’t come back.

4. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

The upcoming season of GoT will never be the same without Jon Snow :-(

5. Walkie says:

Jon Snow is not coming back. I feel bad for those who think he is.

• Ray says:

If Catelyn Stark can be resurrected postmortem, then the same rules can apply to Jon. He may not return as Jon Snow per say but I’m willing to bet he will be back in some kind of important capacity.

• shalimarfox says:

People tend to be resurrected when a red priest is around. And look who conveniently came back to the Wall when Jon died. Melisandre. There are tons of hints that Jon is too important to stay dead.

6. Johnny says:

I don’t care about Jon Snow (yes, I know, I’m in the minority here) but the trailer was great. The final shot of Bran and the Night’s King was surprising though I doubt they’re really face-to-face. Bran is probably using his powers and put himself in the moment we saw at the end of Hardhome.

7. Efe says:

Can we just let go of Jon Snow we already. We had months to grieve. Robb still hurts more for me, anyway.

This will be a great season, I think. Great trailer. Interested to see how Bran’s story will evolve since … you know he’s in a very strange situation.

8. JP says:

1. Who sang that cover, 2. Bran and the night King?!?!? And 3. R + L = J… Thus the meaning of fire and ice so Jon Snow cannot be dead (I refuse to believe)

9. Will says:

I’ve accepted Jon Snow’s death. I’m ready to move on. Haha…by the way…I choose violence too.