Anna Torv in Mindhunter

Anna Torv Joins Netflix's Mindhunter, Serial Killer Series From David Fincher

Former Fringe detective Anna Torv will be hunting down real-life monsters as the female lead in Mindhunter, David Fincher’s forthcoming Netflix series based on the 1996 nonfiction bestseller Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, TVLine has learned.

The book, written by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, chronicled Douglas’ pursuit of some of the most notorious serial killers and rapists. Little is known about Torv’s role, save for the fact that she’ll be playing a psychologist.

Reps for Netflix and Torv declined to comment for this story.

Torv is the second actor to join the Mindhunter ensemble; as TVLine reported on Monday, Looking star Jonathan Groff has also signed on to the project in a top-secret role.

Fincher will direct the Mindhunter premiere and serve as an EP with Charlize Theron.

1. Mark says:

Mindhunter sounds like the title of a sci-fi show.

2. Woo, I really like her as an actress! She has a very authentic presence onscreen.

3. Les Vogt says:

Fantastic! I loved Anna Torv in Fringe and Fincher’s House of Cards is a first-rate series. This is outstanding news.

4. Oh this is fantastic news! Anna is my favorite actress and I have been hoping she would get another good show here in the states! I hope it good and it lasts longer then Fringe did! I also hope they are going to have all the episodes in one season on the site, at once! Like with most of their shows! So I can binge watch it,lol!

5. Lore says:

Yay!!!!! I miss her! i need her now!!

6. Joey Padron says:

Happy she’s finally coming back to TV! She was great on Fringe!

7. ann says:

Olivia!!!!

8. arlene says:

This book and series reminds me of Robert Ressler’s classic textbook on how to interview and categorize serial killers via behavorial science (Whoever Fights Monsters was his memoir), as seen over the years in fiction like Silence of the Lambs and Criminal Minds. If David Fincher thinks this property is worthwhile, no doubt it will be excellent. No sci fi here, but very happy to see Anna Torv’s name again.

9. Jooshua says:

FINALLY. Great to see Anna Torv back on my TV screen. Now if we can only get Joshua Jackson as Green Lantern in the Arrowverse, I’ll be set.