Teen Wolf Spoilers

Teen Wolf Season Finale: Ryan Kelley Teases (Fatal?) Clash With the Beast

If you’re not at all concerned about Parrish as he prepares to battle the Beast of Gévaudan in Tuesday’s Teen Wolf season finale (MTV, 9/8c), you might want to reconsider exactly what’s at stake here.

“It looks like Parrish and the Beast are going to square off with only one of them surviving,” star Ryan Kelley tells TVLine. “Will Parrish even make it out alive? And if he does come out victorious, what’s his purpose? Not to mention he’s supposedly dead already, as we heard that ‘Jordan Parrish is no more.’ There are a lot of factors in play here.”

Bellow, Kelley offers up a few more finale teases, reflects on the most surprising moments from his time on Teen Wolf, and even discusses the apparent return of “Stydia.”

TVLINE | How many uniforms do you think Parrish destroyed this season by turning into a hellhound? I feel like you’re always on fire.
[Laughs] Yeah, you don’t see him much in a uniform this season, do you? That’s actually a running joke on set. During the first two seasons, no one would recognize me if I wasn’t in uniform; I would literally walk around set and some of the crew members would be like, “What’s this guy doing?” Now, if I have clothes on, people are like, “Whoa, what happened to you?”

TVLINE | Which surprised you more: finding out Parrish is a hellhound, or finding out that he’s technically dead?
Probably being a hellhound. Even though Parrish is technically “dead” — and I’ll admit don’t really know where that storyline is going — I have to imagine that he’s somehow still around, at least part of him. This is Teen Wolf, so if there’s any way he could come back, I’m sure he will.

TVLINE | He was really opposed to embracing his hellhound side early on. Is that starting to change?
I think he’s starting to listen to Lydia, who went through a very similar journey. He hasn’t won many fights against the Beast, but he knows he has a chance. He’s that Boy Scout-type person who will help if there’s any hope. Whether it’s good or bad, he’s willing to embrace the hellhound to save his friends and the town.

TVLINE | Since you mentioned Lydia, how do you feel about her connection with Parrish? I have to say, it really seems like she’s moving back towards Stiles.
From a fan perspective, I love what [showrunner] Jeff [Davis] is doing, teasing Stiles and Lydia. And it might not be a tease! Parrish is such an intriguing character for Lydia; they’re both harbingers of death, so they have that supernatural connection. I’ve always wondered if they have a friendship, or if there’s a little more there. She’s a beautiful girl, so Parrish would be stupid not to be attracted to her, but he’s got a lot on his plate right now. The writers keep us on our toes.

TVLINE | What’s been your favorite part about this journey you’ve been on with Parrish for three seasons?
Half of the time, I’m on the edge of my seat with the fans. It’s been a very interesting ride from when I started on the show. I’m nowhere near where I thought I’d be. I originally thought I was going to be a human hunter!

As a reward for reading this Q&A, enjoy this fun hellhound-ish shot of Kelley from a recent photo shoot, then drop a comment with your hopes and fears for the finale below.

Teen Wolf Spoilers

1. Nicole says:

I wish Mason survives. I like Parrish but Mason tho

2. kate says:

I love Ryan Kelley. I believe he makes it (hopefully at the expense of Sebastian and not Mason who I suspect becomes Scott’s new Beta) basically because I think the Hellhound plays a part in what is looking to be season six and I’m guessing Jordan might be stuck in Beacon Hills to like survive.

3. Tish says:

Um … where did this red pleather photo come from? And the chain necklace with lock? HAHAHAHAHA .. this can’t be MTV approved can it?

4. John036 says:

Please let Parrish die. A total waste of a character, it turned Lydia into a supporting character, and frankly Kelley is not a good actor.

• victor says:

Can’t say Teen Wolf has done a particularly great job writing Parrish’s role over the last few season’s, but having seen Ryan Kelley do excellent work in “Prayer’s for Bobby” and “Mean Creek” I think your negative assessment of his acting abilities is off base. Bad writing rarely lends itself to very good acting.

• madiie says:

thats soo mean you don’t noo nothing about Teen Wolf soo shut

• Alexis Paszek says:

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all. Go annoy someone else hater. Your not wanted here.btw Ryan kelly is an amazing actor and he’s better then you’ll ever be☺️🖕🏼bye Felicia
      Haha I just burned you haha

5. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m going with my Cerberus theory ( from before his name was released ) the hellhound and the beast are two of three beings, that are parts of Cerberus. ( in mythology Cerberus is a 3 headed basically hellhound ) I don’t think we’re going to see three heads, but maybe three beings that form a whole being.

6. SonOfCoul says:

Really dissapointed that they didn’t bother to make him very hellhoundish at all, and instead we just get naked human torch parrish.

• Phoenix5634 says:

I don’t know, I thought he looks pretty bad ass, and ya gotta remember probabaly a lot of budget went into the beast this season. And if my theory is correct, just wait for Cerberus to be whole, then he’ll look crazy.

7. Phoenix5634 says:

Is Daniel Sharman ( Isaac ) alive still somewhere? If I remember correct, he never died did he? He just left somewhere, right? Any chance he’ll be back next season ?

8. AlPol says:

I really like Jordan Parrish as the character, I love that he is so nice guy and so different as the Hellhound. I also love the connection of the Banshee and the Hellhound – it’s so beautiful, I love his friendship with Lydia – it’s touching, I love his interaction with all of the characters so I hope he will stay on season 6.

9. Amanda says:

What are you talking about! It gave Lydia strength to learn her new power. Without Parrish she would have literally blown Stiles and Scott’s heads off. He taught her how to fight and now she doesn’t have to feel so alone. It’ll be the two that carry death with them all the time that defeat the beast. Not to mention, uhhh what even HAPPENED between Stiles and Malia? Oh and I think Masons going to live. This is a leap but I think it’ll be THEO that pulls Mason out of the beast while stealing its power. I also think Kira might be our final beast killer by thrusting her sword into the beast or the spear. She is after all Allison’s replacement. I do hope that stupid kanima/chimera dies. I reaaaaalllly don’t like her. But I DO love that Braydens back with that shotgun!

10. Alexis Paszek says:

My hopes are that Malia saves Stiles somehow resulting in them getting together. Then, Parrish comes back(of coarse he’s too awesome to kill) and he saves Lydia from Josh. My fears are that Pareish will die and Theo will gain more power and try to kill Scott AGAIN! I hope one day I’ll be an under study on teen wolf and marry Dylan O’Brien😘☺️

11. alex says:

I was a huge fan of this show seasons 1 thru 4 but the dread doctors and eichen house were too over the top for me
    I think Ryan Tyler & Co are all good actors and need better material next season!!!!

12. Pamela Harris says:

Omg I love marrish and stiles and Lydia but if Lydia and stiles don’t happen let marrish happen