Family Ratings ABC

Ratings: ABC's Family Debut Tops HTGAWM, Rivals Scandal Audience

Thursday’s sneak peek of ABC’s The Family drew 5.7 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), off just 3 percent and two tenths from Scandal‘s most recent performance. The dysfunctional family/mystery drama, which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B+,” makes its regular time slot debut this Sunday at 9/8c.

Opening ABC’s night, Grey’s Anatomy (7.7 mil/2.2) added some eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo. Leading out of The Family, HTGAWM (4.5 mil/1.4) ticked down to new series lows.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (2.3 mil/0.9) was steady, while The 100 (1.4 mil/0.5) dipped a tenth.

FOX | American Idol (8.7 mil/2.o) ticked down a tenth week-to-week.

NBC | Leading out of a Blindspot rerun (2.2 mil/0.4), Shades of Blue (4.8 mil/1.0) dropped a handful of eyeballs but held steady in the demo. Leading off the night, Apocalypse (2.3 mil/0.5) ticked down.

CBS | Leading out of an old Bang (10.1 mil/1.9), Life in Pieces (8.4 mil/1.8) slipped 8 percent and three tenths. Mom (8 mil/1.7) dipped a tenth, while 2 Broke Girls (6.7 mil/1.7) and Elementary (5.9 mil/1.1) were steady.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope fans of TGIT are happy that all three Shonda Rhimes shows (Grey’s, Scandal and HTGAWM) are coming back for their respective seasons. As for Life in Pieces, fingers crossed for a Season 2 renewal because it continues to have a big boost for a Big Bang lead-in and CBS hopes to have a hit sitcom to breakthrough. What about Mom and 2 Broke Girls? These two should also be in the renewal conversation as well.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, my stern warning to Sg. Grant about what happen yesterday that “he” complain about my so-called bad English towards me and I really don’t freakin’ care. Stop making excuses about grammar because it’s none of your business. #dealwithit :-(

• David4 says:

“He” was actually complaing about the fact that what you said made no sense at all.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Are you still whining and complaining? You’re making excuses way too many times and go cry on your mama.

• thisismenow says:

This is why people growl at you. Just let people do their thing. You voice your opinion, they voice theirs. Don’t let people get to you, it’s the internet and everyone has a right to respectfully voice their feelings.

• thisismenow says:

He was kind of harsh. Anyone who has posted her for a considerable amount of time know that Mr. Tran K is ESL and while it takes some effort at times to figure out what he is saying, yesterday Sg. Grant was kind of harsh.

• Sara says:

ok i’m very curious….which article was it?

• Mr. Tran K says:

I have anger problems because if someone try to make a rude comment towards me, sometimes my erratic behavior gets the best of me. Don’t know what the BLEEP you people are talking about. If you try to started being so rude and mean to me, APOLOGIZE. Don’t want to see the words ABOUT WHAT?

2. wrstlgirl says:

The Family was great, a lot of mystery going on there.

3. Boiler says:

Nice for Elementary and 2 Broke Girls. And ABC just renewed HTGAWM?? Hmmm.

4. Ashley says:

HTGAWM DESERVES BETTER!!!

5. Eric770 says:

I don’t know what’s wrong with people??? HTGAWM is awesome right now!!! These last four episodes have been great!!! I certainly hope people are DVRing or Huluing or something.

6. Mika says:

The important part to remember is that HGTAWM almost doubles in 7+ day viewing. In fact all TGIT get a huge boost from that. Who watches same day anymore?

7. Lindsey says:

And The 100 ratings will continue to fall next week and especially after the two-week break.

8. bigdede says:

So Grey’s ratings went up a little. I guess it shows no one is interested in April or her marriage to Jackson. Last week episode was the lowest rated in years. Get rid of April!! Ratings for that Family show not that far from Scandal. That doesn’t bode well for Scandal.

9. Matteo says:

Idol gets better ratings on Thurs night than everything but Bug Bang yet is cancelled? Why? If it’s budget, get some cheaper judges or former Idols. You could hire 3 for less than what Jlo makes. Hard to imagine some new Fox show will get higher ratings in today’s environment

10. Dennis says:

That’s awesome! Did Paul Lee develop this show? Seems silly they fired him!

11. Elizabeth says:

Love The Family!!so juicy… Has me sitting on the edge of my seat every episode !! Joan Allen is amazing , she makes my jaw drop with her acting !! I am loving this show, reminds me of some BBC thrillers.