Post Mortems
The 100 Recap

The 100 EP Defends [Spoiler]'s Death: 'It Seemed to Be the Best Choice'

How are you holding up, The 100 fans? Are you heartbroken? Confused? All of the above? After Thursday’s episode, no one would blame you.

TVLine spoke with showrunner Jason Rothenberg in an attempt to make sense of the episode’s one-two punch — we warned you! — but first, a (very) brief recap of the main events:

A flashback to Polaris on Unity Day found a frantic Becca arguing that, despite her first A.I. destroying the planet, her follow-up project (Alie 2) was worth saving. Her refusal to put Alie 2 down resulted in an attack on Polaris; she narrowly survived via escape pod, snagging the commander’s space suit for her travels. Upon landing on Earth, “Commander” Becca was hailed as a hero, a goddess of sorts.

Meanwhile, in the present… Titus’ attempts to kill Clarke literally backfired, with Lexa being caught in the crosshairs. Following Lexa’s death (…yeah), Titus removed the Alie 2 chip from the back of her neck, explaining that it contains the memories and wisdom of all former Commanders.

Now, it’s answer time!

TVLINE | Let’s start with Lexa’s death… The 100 has always been fearless about killing off major characters to serve its story. Was that the case with Lexa?
There’s never a unanimity of opinions in a writers’ room if it’s a good writers’ room. Everybody argues and tries to make the case for what they think is the best story. Then, as showrunner, I end up deciding what happens. In this case, though, there wasn’t a lot of debate about it. Lots of factors went into this, No. 1 being that Alycia Debnam Carey is a series regular on [Fear the Walking Dead]. I had to beg, borrow and steal to get AMC to allow us to use her for as many episodes as we did, and I knew I was going to lose the use of her after Episode 7. It’s a laborious process to use an actor that’s working on another show, so that had a big part to do with our thinking this season.

TVLINE | I have to assume her death will serve a larger purpose.
It already is. We have these two big stories — the A.I. story and the Grounder’s political story — but there was no unifying moment, nothing that connected them. When I came up with the idea of a technological reincarnation as a way to explain the Grounder mythology, that the Commander is a reincarnated position, that was something everyone got excited about. You can’t tell a story about reincarnation, technological or otherwise, without that person dying first. As hard as it was to do, because of how much I love the character and the actor, it seemed to be the best choice.

TVLINE | Can you say whether or not we’ll see Lexa again in some form?
I won’t say whether this is the last time we’ll see her or not, but there is a flame inside the Commander’s head, which contains the memories and/or minds of [the previous] Commanders. Lexa said in Episode 6 that the other Commanders speak to her in her dreams, and now she’s among those Commanders in the flame if this technology is to be believed. After seeing the way it comes out of her head in Episode 7, we should think it’s probably a technology that is to be believed. That’s my way of saying that anything is possible.

TVLINE | Speaking of that technology, my phone autocorrects “Alie” to “Alien.” Is that just a coincidence?
[Laughs] Yes, that is just a coincidence. Although who knows what happens in Season 5? There could be a planet full of women in red dresses!

TVLINE | Pardon my stupidity, but just to clarify: Alie 1 is the hologram we’ve been seeing, and Alie 2 is the thing inside Lexa?
Yes. The hologram only existed in the mansion on the island because that’s where Becca designed and built her A.I. and her A.I. chose to look like her creator. That mansion was equipped with holographic technology, which is why Murphy and Jaha could see her. Once you take the key [chip], she’s no longer a hologram per sé; Alie is literally projecting herself into your mind. She’s as real to you once you’ve taken the chip as anybody in your field of vision. Alie 2 — maybe we should have come up with another name for it — is the program’s upgrade that’s in the flame that only exists within a human host. It needs a human to exist so that it understands what it means to be human.

TVLINE | I’m actually pretty OK calling them “Alie 1” and “Alie 2.” It’s very Little Shop of Horrors.
[Laughs] OK, good.

TVLINE | Lastly, I like the idea that Becca — the first “Commander” — is treated as a goddess. How deep into the religious aspect of that will the show go?
Pretty deep. I love that idea too, the idea that yesterday’s technology has somehow become spiritual and religious in this post-apocalyptic world 100 years later. The infinity symbol means one thing to Becca and Alie, and even the people on the Ark who were raised in a technological environment. It means something totally different to the people in the Grounder world; it’s come to take on this religious notion. We’re going to understand more about it as the season continues.

OK, fellow earthlings, let’s hear your thoughts on this week’s 100: Are you torn up about Lexa’s death? Were you surprised? And what’s your take on this “flame”? Drop a comment with all of your review of the episode below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. This show is so awesome.

• Mitt says:

Agreed! I’m laughing my ass off at SJWs on Twitter, though LOL. “I needed the gay character to be happy” “You killed a lesbian!” yadda yadda yadda

TV isn’t about meeting your needs, it’s about storytelling. Nor it’s always a tool for representation and politics. I wanna have me so fun, so yeah, kill the damn character if it serves the story. It doesn’t matter if they’re gay, white, trans or whatever. That’s the equality I believe in. Why some people from these communities want to be treated like special snowflakes? Oh the hypocrisy.

All these idiots crying because they didn’t get what they wanted out of a freaking tv show is nothing short of hysterical. I’m having a field day lurking on Twitter. The hilarious horror. LOL

• Some people believe that equality means special treatment, as in if a character is something other than a white male you can’t do anything bad to them.

• Mitt says:

Yes, exactly. When did people get so annoying? That line of thinking will only restrain storytelling and its possibilities.

• Agreed. It’s an extremely absurd position to take. Months ago when it was reported that a character on Sleepy Hollow might day I suggested that it would be Abbey (and I was right, even though she didn’t really die) on the basis that she’s not part of the story upon which the show is based on but was created specifically for it. That resulted in several SJWs accusing me of being racist for suggesting the black female lead was the one who would die (which, again, I was RIGHT about), when what I was pointing out that the reason she would die was what I said above. That didn’t stop them from responding to what I said based on a delusion in their mind rather than what was actually being said. It’s ridiculous.

• Ktll says:

It’s less about special treatment and more about the fact that we don’t get the happy endings. It’s always the lgbt that die.. you need to have the situation in status quo before you complain about wanting to have special treatment, and lgbt people have never had that. If you don’t get that you are missing a huge part of the conversation (and reality of many) and… can’t really understand the problem.

• Mitt says:

Oh yeah, yeah; Right. The classic “you can’t understand it because I’m so special”

Two thumbs up for you

• The hero’s journey is fraught with peril, happy endings must be earned, not handed over in a silver platter. If an LGBT character had their eyes gouged out, people would complain, even though such things are common in mythic storytelling.

• Erin says:

I don’t usually comment online like this but I figured I would let you know that people aren’t just mad because they didn’t get what they want. Of course good stories can kill off queer characters, that’s not the issue.The problem is that this “equality” you speak of where no
        communities get special treatment ignores the very long tradition of queer characters being used for drama and then killed of so the creator can get to the plot line he wants.

My personal view of Lexa’s death is that it was a spectacular display of lazy writing. First because Lexa was such a great character and could have been killed in so many interesting ways (including self-sacrifice, war, wtv, just something awesome). Instead we got a stray bullet from her trusted advisor who was trying to murder the woman she loves. I also have to point out that this is how the major lesbian plot line on [spoiler, i guess] Buffy the Vampire Slayer ended. Love scene then a stray bullet, bad luck, more shocking and disappointing than tragic – and that’s the problem.

Rothenberg has no obligation to tell a story that tries to combat LGBT stereotypes, but he’s been plugging the fact that The 100 has great queer representation for a while. He’s been using it as a marketing tool, and I think it is fair to say that it’s queer baiting (using the plot line to gain viewers, stringing them along with hope that this show might be about women like them, and then bringing it to an unsatisfactory close).

You may not care about representation on TV, but maybe try to consider why others might.

• Are u also upset about all the poc who have died on this show their terrible treatment with either torture or just been sidelined [Raven,Lincoln,Monty] who are also regulars who got a third of screentime a recurring actress got ?

• Erin Paige says:

Ya, I definitely think sidelining those actors was a bad/weird choice. I think they wasted a lot of time on a romantic plot line that will now only have a limited impact on the show because they killed half of it. As for the deaths/torture of poc I could absolutely understand an argument against it. To be honest I’d have to take a backseat to poc on this issue because they’d have a better understanding. In my viewing of the show the casts’ overall diversity probably muddles the issue so I have trouble seeing it (A LOT of people get tortured and killed), but ya, if they were disproportionately poc then it’s something to consider.

• Khaos says:

The problem is that Lexa’s Death DIDN’T serve the story. She went out like a bitch from a stray bullet to her side because the writers couldn’t figure out a better way to deal with Fear the Walking Dead suddenly changing schedule. Why not have her die in battle? Have Titus storm the place with five guys all trying to kill Clarke and have Lexa die in battle like the warrior she is? Or why not have the bullet put her into a coma? Or why not have Titus decide that instead of killing Clarke, that he wants a hostile takeover and removes the chip from her while she is still alive and Lexa has to deal with the trauma of having her entire purpose in life robbed from her and she leaves for a while, running into the wilderness because she has lost the will to live?

The writers had options and decided on the laziest possible option they had.

• totally agree. honestly, what makes this all even ‘stupider’… one of the trikru guys makes an attempt on Lexa’s life not 10 show minutes before her random bullet death! she gets saved from that, only to die shortly thereafter in a random way. what a missed opportunity!

i’m actually a science fiction writer, and i would love to write for “the 100”. If I had gotten the memo that Lexa suddenly has to go, like right now because of a cross obligation to Fear the Walking Dead, here’s exactly how i would have written it:
          The trikru guy makes an attempt on Lexa’a life. Titus saves her dramatically just like he did. In the meantime, that little kid who Octavia saved earlier, seething at the loss of his entire trikru, sneaks up behind the Commander and tries to stab her in the back with a poisoned barbed small knife, while everyone is paying attention to Titus putting the main Trikru guy down. Lexa spins and catches the little boy in time to stop him from stabbing her, but not in time to avoid being scratched on her arm with the poison barb of the knife. Lexa has been irreversibly poisoned, dies, and Titus performs the a.i. brainstem retrieval ritual.

• 'ευη λ. says:

i agree with you… lexa was the best character in this show.

• Khaos says:

See, in theory I agree with you. A character’s sexual orientation or gender identity should not ever make them any less vulnerable, and queer characters should be subject to the same vulnerability as a non-queer character. But I on;y agree if this hypothetical discussion is taking place in a vacuum, which it is not.

The reason people are upset is because they literally just killed half of the queer characters in the entire show, after months of baiting people with the eventual pairing of Clarke and Lexa, and even then they wouldn’t be this upset if this exact thing wasn’t so depressingly common.

The “Gay couple get together only for one of them to die instantly after” trope is a thing that has been going on since Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And because Gay characters are always 1) not a given in any work of fiction, and 2) incredibly rare even in works where they are present, the loos of each character is much more keenly felt.

Just as a thouight exercise, try and imagine if the situation were reversed, imagine if almost every single character in every single work of fiction ever were queer, and Straight characters had a tendency to die constantly. And then you start watching this one show where you think they might finally buck that trend and make the heterosexual couple the endgame pairing, and then they just do the same thing and kill one of them off out of nowhere. Wouldn’t you be kind of pissed off?

Or to put it another way, do you know how many television shows I can think of that had a same-sex endgame couple? One. Legend of Korra. And doesn’t that seem kind of messed up? That out of the hundreds and hundreds of television shows in the last ten years, only one of them has a canonical same-sex pairing at the end of it? How would you feel if that were the other way around? That if out of the hundreds and hundreds of shows of the last ten years only one of them had an endgame heterosexual couple?

• MB says:

No one would watch them. That’s your answer. In television, majority viewership rules the money men and thus if there were no hetero endgame couples, hetero people wouldn’t watch and the shows wouldn’t make it. It just so happens that in more shows now, there are different lgbt relationships as well as hetero, and if they are well done, then the hetero and lgbt community both watch. Still doesn’t mean they can’t kill off, or end the relationships as they see fit. If people don’t like it, they can turn off their tv. It is the ultimate power in watching. Either watch, and don’t bitch when your fave pairing doesn’t work out, or turn to a new program. And in the last ten years I can think of a fair amount of same sex pairings hitting tv….

• ? says:

So what are the odds this Alie 2 chip ends up in Clarke’s head by the end of the season? Be a good way to see Lexa from time to time whenever they can get Alycia from Fear the Walking Dead. I guarantee you the producers hated killing her off, she was really a breakout character for the show and losing her will hurt it. But, those were the realities of the situation, unfortunately. I think they made the most of the need to kill her. Show continues to be better than it has any right to be.

• Last season maybe this season is a mess I’m glad Lexa died though maybe i will enjoy this show again

• dirk says:

it is getting boring and predicable, cheap move having 2 gay female, why not 2 gay men doing it…….. they know why they wont do it, they would lose most men as viewers.

now the show is turning into a slope

Next…….where are the good old tv shows that entertain not feed you this social crap

2. Lysh says:

That episode was so satisfying. Javi is a great writer.
    I’m a huge shipper of ships, although not at all with this show, but obvs, condolences to Clexa. I loved seeing more of the history with Polaris/Station 13 and what happened to the planet. And I’m looking forward to seeing how the Grounders will go forward, choosing a new commander and everything.
    Thanks for asking about Alie1 and 2! I was not sure about all that.

3. Sawyer says:

Man, I am so torn up, but this show is great.

4. Not broken up at all. I don’t understand the ‘shippers need for the characters to be together, despite the BETRAYAL and GENOCIDE between them. I just don’t get it. So the first half felt like fan service, which is a cheap cop-out. But the SECOND half felt right. It felt like The 100. Changing direction with a body count is what they do best.
    Next week feels like it’ll be a “meanwhile…” episode, and when our characters meet up again, we will find someone else we love has died. But then, I think that every episode.

• Sawyer says:

I don’t think this was fan service at all. Clarke fell in love with Lexa. That is why she stayed with Lexa. Fan service would have been if Clarke saved her life. Clarke will never be happy because she thinks more of her people safety than her own. Love you Clarke. I loved you Lexa. Tonights episode was truly a masterpiece.

• Walt says:

That’s a Bellarke shipper, also known as a Hooker from OUAT. They hate f/f ships. A man could rape a woman, and they’d still ship it. But if two women have an argument, one has unforgivably abused the other. I mean, they ship Killgrave with Jessica Jones ffs.

• Rebeca says:

Wat. I have not once seen that correlation. (Most Bellarke shippers I know were Korrasami shippers. Most Lexa shippers were Korrasami too. Or does that “not count” and all your overblown statements do?)

Did it ever occur to you some of us Bellarke shippers like the idea of an interracial relationship on a major television show, one of them with a bisexual woman? We didn’t want Lexa to die either. Don’t drag us through the mud with your overblown hyperboles. Fandom gets crazy enough as it is.

• MB says:

Your wrong. Killgrave is foul. Big differences between Bellamy/Hook/Killgrave. Also, very often has nothing to do with f/f or m/f. I couldn’t wait for Finn to die, and then Lexa. Has nothing to do with their sex, and everything to do with the pairing you do want to see. That said, disliked Lexa even more than Finn and his mad rampage after she betrayed the people stuck in the mountain.

5. Kat says:

Knew she was dead as soon as they had sex. Writers can’t resist the Bury Your Gays trope.

• Lysh says:

This reminds me of a character who always sleeps with someone and then that person dies. Sam Winchester? Maybe Clarke and him can start a club.

• NM says:

I feel like they pulled a Joss Whedon. The only difference is that Tara and Willow were kismet.

• Sawyer says:

that one caught me off guard,did not think Lexa would die by a bullet. The show is not about love, it is all about survival. Finn died a few weeks after he slept with Clarke. Bold move I am a Clexa fan, understand why they did it. I will miss that chemistry.

• Annie says:

Nope. It’s revolting really. And way to contribute yet another example of ‘gay people can’t be happy’ to the cultural fabric.

• Jami says:

I disagree, I am a lesbian and I shipped Bellarke since season 1. No one get’s to be happy on The 100 especially Clarke. Clexa storyline was beautiful and tragic. blame Titus if he had not tried to kill Clarke, Lexa would be alive. I am gay been married 16 years and happy.

• Everwaen says:

Do you realize straight people also die all the time on tv shows ? I’m gay and I don’t think that’s only a “gay characters privilege”.

• Sad says:

Straight people may die a lot, but there are about a thousand more of them out there, so if one dies, not a big loss in terms of numbers. there are maybe 10 living lesbians on TV shows.

• Mitt says:

Are you SERIOUSLY saying that gay lives matter more than straight lives? What the actual frak? All human life is equal. It’s this kind of bs that give parts of your community a bad name. Disgusting.

• WOW i cant believe you said that ! Its so sad you feel like one life is more important than another…you are so so wrong ! Every life matters..Every one..

• tvjunkie says:

The LGBT community is full of hypocrites. You apparently don’t just want equality, you want special treatment. Thanks for displaying your hypocrisy.

• 100fan says:

The world is full of hypocrites, they are in every demographic.

• Allison says:

I think what you’re trying to say is that since there are not as many gay representatives in TV shows than heterosexual ones so that elevates the amount of gays killed percentage wise. I don’t think the problem is the killing of them necessarily but the amount of representation of gays in the media. I don’t think you were trying to say gay people matter more than heterosexual people but I do get the point your making though but I think people are just misinterpreting it :)

• tvjunkie says:

As opposed to your hypocritical contribution be basically saying equality means treating anyone who isn’t straight with kids gloves, as though they deserve better than straight people. If you want equality that’s perfectly fine, but stop asking for special treatment if you don’t want to be labeled a hypocrite.

• rocc says:

You people have to understand that representation matters. If 8/10 straight people were killed off in every show while gay characters live happy and well then yeah you’d feel something is off. There aren’t many lgbt characters lgbt real life people can relate to. And the small number there is,, they get killed off. No one is saying one life matters more than the other. But it’s true that one (lbgt) life is constantly treated worse than the (straight) other. So yeah lgbt people have the right to be upset.

• tvjunkie says:

Nope, your math is wrong. They’ve killed hundreds of as far as we know straight people on the show, including dozens who have at least had spoken lines, including more than a dozen who have been at least recurring if not regular characters. This was the first gay character they killed on the show that fits in that category. I personally liked the character and liked her interactions with Clarke, but this is not a valid reason to be upset about her death. Furthermore it was rather necessitated by the fact the actress was becoming unavailable and the story would not have worked to keep her alive but off camera indefinitely.

• Michelle says:

Because straight characters don’t have crappy deaths right?

• Senehta says:

That is not what’s said here. You must admit that in movies/tvshows you have a lot more of hetero couples. I think they were saying that with the few gay couples we have, a lot find they’re ending to be horrible. No?

• Mitt says:

Going by that logic, gays are a small minority in real life, so there’s balance if there’s a lot more straight couples on media and only a niche for gay couples. Flawed logic

• Ash says:

That’s like saying, “but all lives matter!”.

• Mitt says:

Yeah. Right.

6. A. D. says:

This show just constantly gets better

7. A. D. says:

They really stepped it up in this episode and it was awesome! I am so pissed Lexa is dead though. She and Clarke were so good together and was the hottest couple on TV. Sucks!

• Jay says:

They actually were like they were toooo hot

• Sawyer says:

I agree The 100 broke my heart tonight. Man when Lexa was dying and told Clarke that life is more than just surviving that cut like a knife However great episode and backstory. The Bellarke shippers should be happy. This show has always been about surviving. Man hats off to Eliza Clarke and Alycia -Debman -Carrey. They had such great chemistry.

• Ash says:

I think the chances of Bellamy and Clarke hooking up are absolute zero. Which is good. What could possibly be more cliche than Clarke “going back” to a male to seek comfort? I don’t see it as part of her personality. I think her sexuality is set at this point (I mean she could be bisexual, but the confidence her character started to display at the beginning of this season through now makes me think she’s found herself or at least knows herself a lot more than when the series started sexually speaking). My guess is another potential female love interest will be introduced down the line, or there will be some kind of twist. If there isn’t, and it does play into the stereotypical trope of the wounded female running into the male’s arms, I’ll be extremely disheartened.

• i used to ship Bellarke.. I love Bellamy, but after Clarke this season, I would rather them NOT hook up. .. he is in a bad place (head wise) right now and she is too.. She has disappointed me this season, and has basically treated him like crap IMO.. he is going thru it and needs to find himself again before he would be good for any one. He is completely broken and I am sure they will have Clarke come and save him, which would piss me off.. she left him, just like he said. He deserves better. I hated that Gina died, and wish we could have seen more of her character. Clarke needs to either move back to Arcadia, or if she stays away, she doesnt need to represent them any
          longer. hope people dont hate me for saying it…

• rocc says:

I agree if blarke gets together it’ll only be because they had to kill of lexa, the woman Clarke loved dearly. And that story where bisexual women can be w other women but can ONLY find true honest love w a man in the end is just so boring and kinda gross

• I don’t think Eliza has much chemistry with any1 thats my unpopular opinion Raven on the other hand could have chemistry with a tree

8. Lala says:

Is Clark to characters on the 100, what Rick is to characters on The Walking Dead? Starting to seem that way.

9. Lindsey says:

Wow, another dead lesbian. Minutes after having sex. How groundbreaking.

• Jami says:

I am a lesbian, I am just shocked how hot the love scenes were. Lexa is on another show. The 100 was lucky to get her for as many episode as they did. I would have to say best couple/love story in a long time. I guess this means War terrible War. I blame Titus on this lesbian kill.

• Mitt says:

Didn’t know lesbians were immoprtal

• tvjunkie says:

because lesbians are special and not allowed to die? how hypocritical of you. how many straight people have died on the show? oh that would be a lot and I mean a lot more. but go ahead, be a hypocrite by insisting gay people deserve special treatment

• Erin Paige says:

Ya, special treatment like getting to be on a show….

I really don’t understand all of these comments saying that straight people die on tv too, etc. You want to know why “a lot and I mean a lot more” straight characters have died on TV? Because up until recently there were not gay characters on TV (fine, there were some, but they mostly ended up dead which is exactly the point).

It’s not that lesbians shouldn’t be killed on TV, it’s that they seem to ALWAYS end up dead. It’s old, it’s boring, and it’s a big let down to young people who thought this show would be different.

• tvjunkie says:

yep special treatment. the past is the past. you’re using the past to demand special treatment now. equality is apparently not good enough for you. Is Clarke dead? No, she’s a bi character and she’s the freaken lead of the show and really has been from the beginning. Oh but I guess being bi is not gay enough for you hmm? Yep they really killed Clarke off quick didnt they? Oh wait you just lost that argument.

• Erin Paige says:

No, sorry, you’re completely missing the point. Equality is about opportunity. Allowing a group the opportunity to be represented is not “special treatment”. It’s consideration. And please don’t try a biphobic angle, I am bi, and ad hominem slights only prove your arguments’ weakness. Ya, fine, kudos they didn’t kill every queer character off the show. They did kill of Clarke’s lover immediately after they had sex though, but I guess you can read into that whatever you like.

I honestly assumed Lexa would die this season, so the fact of her death isn’t really an issue for me. It’s more that they chose to spend half a season on a love story that they knew was going to end and promoted it as if they were going to bring something different to the table when it came to queer stories. They could have written anything! Don’t forget that. They chose the least original storyline possible and it’s disappointing to a lot of people who were roped in to believing they would do better.

I’ll also say that you’re entire “the past is the past” view is seriously misguided. You do not exist in a vacuum. You cannot expect to understand the world if you just ignore the context of everything.

• tvjunkie says:

“Allowing a group the opportunity to be represented is not “special treatment”. Did I say that? Nope. But basically saying you’re not allowed to kill such characters, which is pretty much the argument being made IS SPECIAL TREATMENT.

• Shawn says:

When 9 of every 10 straight characters die, equality will be achieved.

And don’t mention background characters you don’t know or care about.

10. Jay says:

Very torn of Lexa’a death . She was one of my favorite characters and I just can’t believe she’s gone now . Still in shock #RIPLEXA

• Jami says:

RIP Lexa May we meet Again

• tvjunkie says:

Sometimes I liked the character other times I didn’t, like when she abandoned Clarke and company at mount weather. however, even at those times the character always added a very interesting dynamic to the show and will be missed.

11. Nicolas says:

I need to watch this show. If is as good as I’ve read it, damn! I’ve been missing a lot.

12. CE says:

Super heartbroken that the representation that Clarke/Lexa brought is gone now. However, I’m excited because now we can focus on the main characters again. Lexa showed up, then the characters who have been on the show since day one were shoved to the back. Hopefully that can be remedied now that Lexa is gone. Love this show and can’t wait for next week!

13. Viv says:

I’m so tired of lesbians dying on tv shows for no reason. It isn’t shocking. The 100 tried to be so groundbreaking by having a queer lead, but then they go and kill Lexa? So ridiculous. It’s exhausting to keep watching these shows and having the character you can relate to get killed off. I know you guys want to be able to kill any character you deem worthy, but this show doesn’t exist in a vacuum.

• Ana Macedo says:

Excuse me, but The 100 kills pretty much everyone, regardless of sexuality. In fact, Lexa is the first character we know to be gay to die. None of the others were as far as we know. Lexa just happens to be a lesbian, unlike Finn, Wells, Charlotte(a 12 year old girl, by the way), more than a thousand extras, Gina, Anya (who knows?)… So, yeah, “the lesbian girl” had to die, just like everyone else, what a shocker.

• Paige says:

excuse me but tv has a history of killing off queer characters for little to no reason. There is little to no representation for queer people, especially queer women, when it comes to tv so when a show like the 100 kills off one of its only queer characters for little no reason it’s a bit infuriating for many people. It is hard to find tv characters to identify with for young queer people, and the 100 which is made up of almost an entire teen cast WAS a a good show for many young gay teens. Yet here were are again, as we have been many times, with another tragic dead lesbian storyline. So I guess given tvs history it really isn’t a shocker, but it surely is a disappointment.

• ang says:

The L Word??? A TV show about Lesbians.. No???

• Ash says:

Really? The L Word was horrible and not an accurate representation. It was more like the Blacksploitation of the 70s.

• ang says:

REALLY? what is that?? I asked a question don’t patronise. Tbh I was bored rigid with the clexa story line and no, not because she was gay, rather because the writers focused too heavily on that particular storyline at the expense of the other characters who had so much potential. Also I found the “shipping” ridiculous.. The bile directed at commentators who weren’t sailing on that particular ship was beyond appalling so from that point of view, whilst I didn’t have any particular feelings about whether or not Lexa should die I’m glad she has because now we can get back to the other characters and where their story us taking them.

• ang says:

Oh, and just so you don’t make an uninformed assumption, I have been living happily with my partner for the past 8 years and she is wonderful ♡

• Sad says:

L word is a soap. We are talking about genre shows, not soaps.

• Bella says:

Actually, there was a reason for Lexa’s death. it was so the Alie storyline could continue and develop. Without her death, the viewers would never have known that the Alie 2 chip was inside Lexa.

• ang says:

Same meat, different gravy.. gays are gays regardless of the situation or show or genre etc.. seems to me some people need to get out more and focus on their real life!!!

• Jami says:

what about Wells he was black and dead, Jaha is Black and brain dead. Pike is black and he needs to be dead. The 100 is an equal opportunity kill off main characters, at this point I don’t think Clarke or Bellamy are safe. However if Clarke dies so does The 100.

• Lysh says:

TBH I can’t see any other believable way of writing Alycia off. It wouldn’t be Lexa just to disappear from her people, her position, everything. She has another job on The Walking Dead spinoff. And Clarke is the actual lead and she’s still alive and she’s still bisexual.

• Sad says:

She could have been killed because she was Lexa, commander, possesor of that chip. Instead she was killed because she was Lexa, wrong gay in the wrong place.

• Dmac says:

That’s tight this show only kills gay characters….oh wait they don’t.

• Michelle says:

Lexa was never a lead. She’s a guest star and Clarke is still on the show. Quit making it seem like discrimination when J Roth catered to the Clexa ship and ignored or destroyed the POC characters

• Shawn says:

There will be a brigade of ignorant straight people telling you all lives matter.

Which is why killing off all minorities while White McSupremacist alone survives and gets to be happy.

14. omg says:

God, I love this show.

15. Annie says:

Well I was going to catch up with this show, but not anymore. Good work show, kill off the lesbian of colour. There are so few lesbian relationships on tv right now, to kill one off for “shock” value is irresponsible and just reinforces the idea that gay people don’t get happy endings.
    I’m out.

• CE says:

I wasn’t going to say anything, but she wasn’t a lesbian of color. Lexa is white and so is the actress who plays her.

• Goldenvibefan says:

First of all, Lexa is white, so she isn’t a lesbian of color. Secondly, if you only watched the show because of Lexa, thats pathetic. Lexa isn’t the be all end all of the show. So don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. Don’t need fans that quit just cause of one death.

• femz4femz says:

Why argue if she was of color or not?

• CE says:

Everyone on this comment thread is upset because they killed off someone who provides representation for the LGBTQ+ community, which is a valid reason to be upset. However, as a POC, it deeply upsets me when our representation comes from a white actress who is tanned to make her pass as a POC. It isn’t right. If they wanted Lexa to be a POC, they should have hired one or kept Anya alive. That’s why we are “arguing” about it. Accurate representation is important.

• Leah says:

I agree that accurate representation is important and that they should hire a POC to play a character that is a POC, I’m just confused as to when in the show they mentioned anything about Lexa being a POC, as far as I know, they never said that.

• tvjunkie says:

No it’s not a valid reason to be upset. If you are truly for equality then you have to accept that any character can be killed, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. They have killed off countless straight characters, which nullifies her being a lesbian as a valid reason for being upset. However, when was it ever mentioned or implied the character was supposedly black? I must have missed that episode. So you seem to be saying it’s racist for a white person to have a tan.

• ang says:

Huh?? Was Lexa black??

• Annloveslost says:

Bwahahahaha , my sentiments exactly. I choked on s peanut reading this thread. Goes to show realllly bored people comment on shows and topics not familiar with. Someone used an example that one could argue the deaths of the black characters (which they did humorously ) and it would sound as silly as the lesbian slaying argument and next thing you know, Lexa is a “lead lesbian character of color”. Oh my, was not expecting such a belly laugh in the morning.

• tvjunkie says:

Go ahead and leave. You’ve exposed yourself as a hypocrite anyway by championing SPECIAL TREATMENT for gays. Why isn’t equality good enough for you? I have no problem with equality, which means sometimes the characters die, but I draw the line at special treatment (never allowed to die). They didn’t kill off the lesbian store keeper Clarke slept with and they’ve killed off tons of straight characters. You have ZERO grounds for any rational complaint based on sexual orientation.

16. Dawnisha says:

What about Lexas tatoo on her back and the infinity sign on her neck what’s that mean to Lexa’s character. I couldn’t quite understand what she was telling Clarke about the tatoo

• Emily says:

Alie 2 is the chip that is within each commander. The commanders before her had all of their inteligence in that chip. it is we inserted when someone is chosen as commander. The infinity sign in the sign for the city of light, which I assume is created by Alie 2. The circles represent the death of her commanders and I didn’t really pay attention to what she was saying as I was screaming at my television for the rest of the explanation. It might help to rewatch the episode and pay attention to the history of Alie/Alie 2

17. Michael Weisser says:

Forget AMC having Alycia Debnam Carey for Fear the Walking Dead, she should still be on “The 100”. The real Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. Now since Lexa is gone all I’ll have is Grimm and The Walking Dead for my entertainment. If I ever get over Lexa I might check in to “The 100” and see if they killed off any of my other girls, Clarke, Octavia, and Raven. AMC should be borrowing Alycia from the CW. Fear the Walking Dead is alright, but I don’t make sure I watch it like Grimm and The 100 and “The Walking Dead”.

• tvjunkie says:

She wasn’t signed as a series regular on The 100 and obviously did not have exclusivity or first position rights. I’m sure that was required to be hired on FTWD. Can you really blame the actress for agreeing to that to be a series regular on what was almost certainly going to be a more highly visible show? Regardless of which shows is better, it is likely to be a good career move for her.

18. Luli says:

No no no no no no. I cried like a baby, I cannot believe they killed her. Yeah, I was afraid they would….. but whyyyyyyy I’m so sad. RIP my favorite character.

And why even show us that she is going to be in the finale? Why do that? I’m doneeee for a while. I’ll come back after the mid season break.

19. Riana says:

Wonder when the cancellation announcement will be.

• really really soon i think… they just killed the best character in the show! :(

• Foxxy234 says:

Completely agree with you guys, that or they find a way to bring Lexa back. I mentioned this in another response I posted. If a part of every commander becomes apart of that chip then I don’t think it would be too far fetched for Clarke to try and become Heda just to be closer to Lexa. Maybe we’ll get Ali and Jaha situation for Clexa.

• Ash says:

I thought this too. Like what if the chip rejects the potentials for commander and chooses Clarke. It would be an interesting twist and move the show forward.

• MAK26 says:

This is the only scenario that would make what happened remotely okay. It would also be an interesting dynamic because clearly Becca only thought that those with Nightblood would be able to accommodate ALIE 2, because the blood helped to protect from radiation levels on the decimated ground. I don’t think Becca ever thought that the stations on the Ark would make it back to earth. So how prophetic and cool would it be to have someone like Clarke, who is not a Nightblood, but from the sky, become the perfect, intended vessel for Becca’s updated program?

In episode 3, Lexa tells Titus that Clarke is special. That may be the program, ALIE 2, recognizing Clarke as the ideal host to bring about peace, to better humanity. To have Clarke become the next Commander and then go back to Arcadia, coming face-to-face with Raven, Jaha and ALIE 1, would be a completely awesome, epic showdown. And Clarke would then be able to still meet with Lexa, she would have Lexa’s love and guidance and spirit literally and figuratively with her at all times, always. While seeking peace, Clarke is able to leave the shore and become the next Commander. Her love of Lexa and her fellow Arkers will help ALIE 2 become fully realized, will help humanity advance. And then when she finally passes away come the end of the series or whenever, she can meet again with Lexa and they can both live on together and in the generations to come. The writers say that “Love” is the greatest weapon. If Clarke becomes the next Commander, she essentially becomes the embodiment of that concept. She brings both worlds, the ground and the sky, together.

I would be surprised if anyone else was as worthy and as destined to be the Commander of this new world than Clarke Griffin.

• first they give us the best moments we all been waiting for and not a few min. later, they rip it all away! so sad :( gonna start watching Fear The Walking Dead now just because i cant EVER get enough of Alycia!

20. Meg says:

Well, that was some lazy writing. I haven’t been so done with a show since Allison was killed off on Teen Wolf.

21. Goldenvibefan says:

Was not shocked about Lexa’s death. Saw it coming a mile away! Great episode though :)

22. oh heeeeeellll NO!!! NO NO NO JUST NOOOOOOOOOOO! If Lexa returns to the show by some miracle i’ll go back to watching it… otherwise for me this is the end of it… GREAT show though…

23. Whatever you want director, but Lexa deserved a better death. She was the commander of the 12 clans, a true warrior and you killed her off by a stray bullet??! COME ON!

• tvjunkie says:

She was killed be the person sworn to protect her no matter the cost. If you can’t see the irony in that and the meaning in that then perhaps reality TV is more your speed.

24. Kelly says:

Why would you kill off a fan favorite tho… Even if her contract was limited, there were so many better ways to handle it. Look at Shaw in POI. Anyway, I’m done with this show, what a cheap cruel way to kill off a favorite

• Foxxy234 says:

I agree, but you never know. They could bring Lexa back in some way. At least I’m really hoping so, if Lexa could hear previous commanders in her head because of the chip…then it’s safe to say that some part of her has become one with the AI. And now that someone brought it to my attention I could see Clarke becoming Heda to be closer to what’s left of Lexa

• tvjunkie says:

Her contract wasn’t limited. She became completely, 100% unavailable. They had to beg and beg to get her as long as they did. Did you not read the article?

25. Et al. says:

I absolutely love how everything started coming together tonight with the mythology. Great episode.

26. Lissa says:

I get that the show was in a tough spot due to ADC’s availability but I think they could’ve come up with an alternative to killing Lexa. They could’ve put her into a coma, at least. That way there was always the possibility of bringing her back if the actress’ availability changed. For all we know, her character could get killed off Fear the Walking Dead this season and then she’d be available to do The 100 full time next year. But now that can’t happen because they chose the easy way out and killed her off…
    It was a pretty good episode despite Lexa’s death and I suspect Lexa’s “spirit” will end up choosing Clarke as the next Commander. Though now that Clarke knows about the A.I., I suspect she might hesitate to take on that role.

• Foxxy234 says:

That’s interesting, I never thought about it like that. I think the grounders would have a fit if Clarke became their new Heda. But it would definitely regain a little of my interest back in the show after Lexa’s death. It’s going to be hard not being able to see that Clarke and Lexa chemistry anymore.

• CJ says:

But if they put her in a coma then how would the next Conclave be able to take place? The whole point of Aden and Ontari is for them to fight (not necessarily literally) to become the next Commander. Plus, we’ll probably get to see Lexa either through the City of Light or through the next Commander, considering that they can communicate in their minds

• Ash says:

Yup, I’m hoping this happens. It would bring back my interest.

• tvjunkie says:

Coma? What and turn the show into a soap opera? No thanks. Furthermore the shows has stressed that having a strong commander is the foundation of the 12 tribes system of government. You simply can’t have that without the commander being heavily involved in the story line and you can’t have that if the actor is not available. To have her be impaired would be a disservice to the mythology the show has developed for the grounders. To have her off camera indefinitely would suffer the same fate. There really was no other choice other than to throw out all the grounder mythology they’ve built up to this point.

27. Foxxy234 says:

Wow this was the first time in a long time a show has made me cry. The chemistry between Clarke and Lexa was one of the main reasons why I loved the 100. It sucks that they couldn’t work out the scheduling conflict with AMC, and keep Lexa on the show. I’m just glad that we got to see the Clexa relationship grow and play out. Although I’m heartbroken it ended so abruptly just as it was all coming together. I hope the 100 surprises me by bringing Lexa back in some way, because if not they might as well cancel the show. If your a shipper like myself it’s hard to continue after a blow like this. But I’ll finish out the season for closure to see how Clarke deals with the aftermath. R.I.P Lexa May we meet again.

28. Et al. says:

Reading some of the children on here screeching that they quit the show because a well-liked character died is hilarious. The fact that this show makes you feel so strongly is exactly why it’s great and exactly why you’ll be tuning in next week even after you rip your posters off the wall and get tears and snot all over your fan art.

29. K Blanco says:

An incredible episode but one that was so, SO, wrong to kill off Lexa! The writers really should’ve found a different way to go. Was reading just this afternoon about how Alycia was complimenting the writers of both The 100 and Fear the Walking Dead for making things work so that she could be on both shows. Can’t believe they killed off a fan favorite when there had to be other options…

But you know Clarke is going to end up as the new Commander. They might choose an interim in the meantime, but ultimately Clarke will find herself in command of the Grouunders for some reason and ultimately the new Commander. She’ll put Allie 1.0 down.

• tvjunkie says:

I doubt that Clarke will become the new commander. The 12 tribes would never accept that. Furthermore that would lead to the end of all the conflict and leave the show with nowhere to go.

30. Rebecca says:

I am a lesbian and my fiance and I adore the 100 .I’m personally a clexa fan where my fiance seems to think I have to much time fangirling lol which is true lol but I see what they did this but Titus was a prick from the beginning and I think he was foolishly blinded not just by his loyalty to lexa but to his duty as the flamekeeper ..I’m hoping that with the ai technology lexas memories are somehow stored in the city of light and maybe clarke will indeed get to meet again but even with all that being said the show is to addicting to miss .

• Blah says:

Exactly the AI component is a death cheat. They could easily build a robot lexa with all her memories intact if they want to bring the actress back. Plus it adds drama. Will Clarke be able to love robo lexa

31. sam says:

Thank god that’s over.. now can we get back to all those character’s with so much potential that have been laid to waste whilst the show focused too heavily on one telationship. it’s a shame it sounds like it will be too little too late for Lincoln :-(

32. Samantha says:

Cried like a baby. F$%K.

33. femz4femz says:

I’very been watching The 100 from the beginning, and have pretty much loved every minute. Although I am just completely heartbroken over the death of lexa, and was keeping my fingers crossed that she would not die. Even if all of the signs were there, and it was just a matter of time. The love between Clexa was so beautiful, and it was very deep. But what a horrible way to die right after you make love to the woman you love. As a Lesbian myself it would be nice to see Queer Relationships actually last on television, and not be watered down. I just feel bad for Clarke because she has lost so much, and now another she cared for deeply. I know she will not be the same, and this truly means war. I hope Titus dies, and that bullet should have been inside of him! He does not deserve to live for what he hasays done, and I also think part of him wanted Lexa dead. The live that Lexa had for Clarke really made her stronger, and it changed both of them. Now we can sit back, and watch everything turn upside down as they go to war. Skaikru has it comming big time because there has to be blood shed. What a crazy way for Clarke to go back to her people, but guess what she has to face her demons now. She also has to find a way to heal from the blood she had shed on her own hands because she was running away for so long. It will also be interesting to see how her relationship with The Grounders will change now Lexa is dead. But I wonder who the new Commander will be, and how Clark’s relationship will be with her. It seems as if The Commander is always a woman so at least we know that. What I think is that Clark, and Lexa will meet again and it will be very powerful. Maybe it will only be in a dream, but the spirit of all The Commanders live inside of that chip.

34. kitsunesaru says:

It would be kinda cool if Alie 2 chip thingy functions like in Avatar: Last Airbender where the Avatar can talk to their past selves. The commander could in theory talk to specific ones for advice (and opening the way to see Lexa again for those who’d like that).
    Anyway I love the direction this is going. Bummer about Lexa ’cause she was pretty cool, but I’m good with this discision.

35. nikki says:

Y did she have to die she’s the only reason I watch it

36. jacorian kennedy says:

Omg I was so mad when I seen lexa die like I was gonna stop watching because her and Clarke are like the best ever together but with this alive chip Im hoping she comes back from the city of light in the next season or so like right now I’m heart broken but imma keep watching because I hope they bring lexa back

37. anna says:

I am very upset for lexa’s death cause her and clark was just starting to get into a relationship but now she’s dead I really hope she comes back to life cause her and clark belongs together I hope to see her in episode 8 or 9 or something and her and clark get together

38. Jce (@imjce) says:

This episode was ambitious, and it was epic.

Yes. Lexa was beloved (well, mostly) by all. But, again, like Jason Rothenberg has said so many times before, they only have Alycia Debnam-Carrey for so many episodes this season. With her commitment on Fear the Walking Dead and AMC, he has no idea whether or not she, or her contract, will allow her to continue to work on The 100. Rothenberg made the best choice he could given the hand he was dealt. He did Lexa, the character, and perhaps, Alycia Debnam-Carrey, justice.

The episodes leading up to ‘Thirteen’ really allowed the character Lexa to shine, and in turn, ADC. I mean, in 3×04, the battle between Lexa and Roan was amazing, and nothing short of impressive.

The show has consistently, season after season, stepped up it’s game. And, to be honest, this episode (and season) is no different. It must have done something right. It’s got the twitterverse blowing up. And man, the memes on Instagram, I’m afraid to even refresh my page.

So in all, excellent episode. And good on all actors, and crews. Stop hating. And continue to support the show, and in turn, the actors and the creative juices that flow so fluidly in the writer’s room.

• fdssite1 says:

Yeah but I really keen to know Jason said she wasn’t available etc (so killed her off) then why she back for season 3 finale ??

For the clexa fans the only hope for them is meet someway..

So she not available why she in finale??

Seems lexa is in the city of light by pictures I seen. I’f it’s Clarke seeing her in her head? I think is another kick in the teeth for clexa fans..there is no way she alive..

I really liked her in it. Kick ass woman In it. 😆 if goes on in seasons I think she could pop in the show as she was able to before. And who says FTWD could may not go on much more..Lame death shame she gone.

I like to see her again when last 100 airs Inliked her with Clarke And I not gay. If she gets with dellamy I would not be happy it has happend a lot when bisexual characters end with the guy..

Be nice to see her again

• Jaime says:

From what I remember reading they shot all of her scenes within the schedule worked out with AMC. You can see pics of them shooting in downtown Vancouver online. The rest of the cast however continued to shoot the finale as I recall but she left the set and flew back to Mexico to shoot FTWD. Yeah, I watched FTWD and was not too impressed.her character was not well written but hopefully they will write her better when the new season starts inApril. Also, there is an u confirmed rumor that she is only in 8 episodes of FTWD while the rest of the cast is far more. Again, just a rumor. So, folks have been opining that perhaps AMC will kill her character off. I did not like her character as she was rather annoying. But then again I did not like most of those characters except for the old guy who was a soldier in his home country.

39. Jolie says:

R.I.P LEXA… R.I.P CLEXA… & R.I.P THE 100, I will never watch it again.

• Ayiia says:

It was a stupid way to die!!…especially for the commander…I’d rather her have been killed in battle or something…something much more clever than an accidental shot…grrr! I’m so done watching this show!!! Grrr!!

40. I Hate You right now says:

U r the top search for google atleast dont put spoilers in title ruined the whole stuff for me while i was abt to chk the trailer and chk if i was watching the right episode and not a re run

41. Ann kelly says:

Saw an episode unexpectedly and continued to watch because of the Lexa and Clarke friendship. None of the other stories or characters interest me enough to follow the 100 now that Lexa has died. Thanks for effort to keep her in season 3.

42. Paigie says:

I was so excited about this ep. So excited that I had a little peek online. First read how great the episode was, then I read a little more and…… felt like someone punched me in the chest.
    I stopped as soon as someone mentioned Clarke & Lexa’s “goodbye” & how sad it was. I was shocked. But as someone mentioned, it wasn’t too surprising given Fear The Walking Dead (a very good death potential in both, but I always thought it was greater in The 100)
    I don’t like it,……… but I understand. They couldn’t keep her, so they gave her a great send off through the back story. All the while completely changing the way I look at her character now. I love & respect Lexa so much more now (a quick bullet to the chest is not the warriors death u would have expected of her, but this episode had much to say)
    Normally after killing off 1 of my favourite characters, I’d Vow never to watch the show again (ahem… Chicago Fire) but this is different. I’ll definitely continue watching because Clarke still needs to take over the world ;)
    Clexa 4Ever

43. Ascen says:

Es una serie adiptiva .Cada episodio es aún mejor que el anterior. Este episodio ha sido perfecto impresionante y la historia cada vez se hace más interesante encajando poco a poco las piezas en un puzze que estoy deseando ver..

44. Lena says:

now the 100 have killed off lexa, does the CW have any canon queer pairings at all? A+ decision to allow it to be yet another woman, (and a queer one at that), that dies, such a positive message to send out there, thanks a lot, the 100! it was fun while it lasted.

• Mitt says:

This is a television show. People die independently of their gender or sexual orientation, stop trying to make this more than it is.

• tvjunkie says:

Stop being a hypocrite by suggesting LGBT people deserve special treatment. they’ve killed many, many, many more straight characters on the show. I have not seen the last few episodes of the TVD, but they’ve had a lesbian couple as series regulars this season. They had a gay couple on the Originals for more than a season and I think they’ve had bi characters on that show as well. Arrow has had prominent bi/gay characters over it’s run. In fact the on bi character, Sarah is now a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow, thought they haven’t had time to hook her up with anyone yet on LoT. Is that enough examples for you?

45. Gregg says:

they killed of their best character? Seems stupid to me. Also, a terrible way to go.

46. Magick says:

Lexa is back in the finale! This is a Sci-Fi show people, anything is possible. Clexa is not over!! Have hope and believe in this beautiful true love pairing!

47. Marie says:

You’ve lost a viewer here! I thought Lexa was you best character and her relationship with Clarke was brilliant. Also the relationship between Lexa and her people/the other 12 clans was so interesting. I understand that contractual issues are difficult but surely there was another way to explain a couple of episodes missed. I know she is my sons favourite character too! He’ll be watching it when he wakes up later, dreading his reaction.

48. Clayton says:

I can’t believe lexa is gone….I love her character I wish they wouldn’t of killed her…and her and Clarke’s love scene omg….

49. Sarah says:

So basically she got killed off bcuz she’s on another tv show. This was her show before the other. I loved her in this role way better then Alyssa on FTWD. **sad face** Ima be really mad if she dies on FTWD. Womp womp womp.

• Jaime says:

I totally get the predicament JR found himself in. He truly loved that character and ADC. Every interview I ever saw where he talked about Lexa and ADC he would always say how much he and the writers adored ADC and Lexa. But I have to say will be a little upset if ADC ends up getting killed off in FTWD next season which starts in April. However this is sci fi people and my hope is that JR and company has left a window of return for ADC and Lexa in later seasons. It’s always possible if it makes sense in the story. One thing I love about JR and his writing staff is that they take the storytelling very serious and he’s always been clear and honest that he only tells if it makes sense to tell it.

50. Jaime says:

I love love love his show! I am very torn up about Lexa, my favorite character and about Clexa! That was one hell of a love story and so interesting how the writers had her die from the very weapons technology that grounders forbade themselves to use: guns and bullets. But I am a big sci fi person so this show only feeds into my love of sci fi. I know clexa shippers are upset right now but hey this is sci fi—anything is possible and can happen. I wonder what will happen to her body? Anywho, Lexa will be in the finale to save and protect Clarke so there some light at the end of the tunnel. It will work interesting to see whether Clarke ends up destroying ALIE 1.0 and 2.0(which is where lexa’s consience currently resides.