Quantico Renewed

Quantico Renewed for Season 2

Quantico‘s NATs won’t have to clear out their lockers anytime soon: ABC has renewed the freshman drama for a second season, TVLine has confirmed.

The pickup comes on the eve of the show’s midseason premiere (Sunday, 10/9c), which finds Priyanka Chopra’s Alex “having to come to the carpet to explain her actions, and what she perceives as having transpired,” teases showrunner Josh Safran. “Much like Alex being on the run gave us a drive for the first half of the season, Alex is tasked into doing something that she’ll be forced to do for the rest of the season. And it is within that that the motor of the second half exists and is quite strong.

“It goes where you don’t expect,” adds the EP. “There are some pretty big things that are about to happen.”

Quantico‘s series’ premiere in September drew 7.1 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, improving greatly on previous timeslot-holder Revenge‘s numbers. The show’s fall finale notched 4.5 million viewers and a 1.3 rating.

Are you happy about Quantico‘s renewal? Do you think the series will be able to maintain itself in Season 2? Hit the comments!

1. Lola says:

Great news. I love this show.

2. Z says:

I like the show… but i still hope they resolve this storyline before the season is over and start something new next year.

3. Wordsmith says:

Not surprising, though I do wonder how subsequent seasons will be structured. The setup for this season with the huge overarching conspiracy thriller case and the flashbacks to training seems hard to just recycle and repeat.
    It’s the same problem Arrow is having – eventually, your flashbacks are going to catch up with the present day and you can’t do any more.

• Gern Blanston says:

I’ve always wondered with Arrow is going to pull a Lost and at some point start doing flash forwards instead of the flashbacks. They only have, what, one more year of his missing time to tell?

• ABG says:

Only a year left, but they only had 2 good years of flashbacks. Last two season flashback plots have been awful, save for Katana and the Constantine cameo.

4. Kate says:

Now, if only we could get Jennifer Garner on the show! She needs to have a kick-a$$ role again.

5. John NYC says:

Okay the prospect of a second season nudges me over the edge to rejoin when it starts back up. but wow that break was looooong and so I was definitely pondering a delete.

6. wrstlgirl says:

I’ve been debating whether or not I was going to tune in next week. I’ll make sure the DVR is set but I’m really hoping this story arc comes to an end and we see the beginning of something new to hold us over until season two. This current story just got so messy and ridiculous IMHO.

7. Mak says:

Now if only the show could get it together..trim off all the unnecessary mess clogging it up esp the flashbacks!

8. Guy says:

This show is unabashedly proud of its stupidity. Yet I keep watching.

9. Matt C. says:

I really love this show. And I really, REALLY love that ABC is finally getting into early renewals! Now let’s hear about American Crime please!

10. emmy says:

I know I’m probably in the minority, but my favorite part of the show is the flashbacks! I for one will miss them when the story catches up to itself…

11. Mr. Tran K says:

Glad to hear the news that Quantico got renewed. They should move the series to a new night for Season 2 even though Sundays @ 10 isn’t a good place to be on.

12. Olivia says:

Great news!

13. Louis E. says:

Honestly,I don’t see how Alex’s career can ever recover from her guilty plea…there will always be reason to doubt anything she ever says because of that.

14. Dr says:

II am thrilled to know that Quantico second season is coming. Impatient to wait!

15. adil says:

ooo!! absolutely yes…it will…u guys r rocking….

16. I’m so excited for the return of Quantico tonight!!

17. Amy Richardson says:

So excited for the premiere of Quantico tonight. I love this show!!

18. Beth Axelton says:

QUANTICO DEFINITELY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO CONTINUE FOR YEARS TO COME!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I HAD TO MAKE SURE I WAS HOME IN TIME TO WATCH IT LAST NIGHT!!!!!

19. Teresa Rojas says:

20. Bob Caprio says:

Love the show . Well acted . Lots of action. So very confused as to what is NOW , and what was THEN. Really trying my best to keep up with the constant throw backs.. . Hate that I have to watch each episode at least twice to find out ” where we really are” but still in all , I’m hooked. It’s great.!!!

21. Kathleen Symth says:

Yes it will be great. It keeps your attention. I sometimes watch it twice to make sure I do not miss anything.

22. Kathleen Symth says:

Love the show. I can not wait to see what happens next. Some surprising things each episode nothing is predictable. Looking forward to next season. Fantastic news that it is renewed.

23. woody says:

This is one of the most frustrating
    Shows I’ve ever watched. It goes
    Back in the past and into the
    Present so much that I never
    know what’s going on. I won’t
    watch the 2nd season. It’s just
    Too confusing. If that wasn’t
    done so much it would be good.

24. Diana Sande says:

I love this show, I’m so glad it has been renewed. Can’t wait for it to restart. When will it be back on?

25. Bpumper says:

Y’all must be some fools this show is garbage and so far fetched.