Maddie Ziegler So You Think You Can Dance

So You Think You Can Dance Adds Maddie Ziegler as Judge

There could be some swinging from the chandelier at the So You Think You Can Dance judges’ table this season.

Dance Moms star — and Sia’s video alter ego — Maddie Ziegler is joining the panel of the Fox reality competition for Season 13, TVLine has learned. She’ll sit alongside returning judges Nigel Lythgoe, Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo.

The 13-year-old Ziegler’s addition comes as the summer staple reboots itself with a new name (So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation) and a new focus on contestants in the 8-13 age group who excel across a variety of styles including contemporary, tap, hip-hop, ballroom, animation and breaking.

Season 13 auditions are currently underway — hitting Chicago and New York City this Friday and next — with the goal of advancing to “The Academy,” where the judges will narrow the field to the Top 10. Those young’uns will be paired up permanently with SYTYCD All-Stars from prior seasons to compete for the title of America’s Favorite Dancer.

SYTYCD: The Next Generation kicks off on Monday, May 30 at 8/7c.

Excited about Ziegler joining the SYTYCD panel? Share your thoughts in the comments!

1. Liz says:

I’m out. Have watched every single season of the show up until now. Was perfectly happy with the format, just need to get rid of Jason and have better qualified judges. Not a 13 year old reality star.

• Agree with every single word you’ve said here.

• Misty says:

I completely agree! Ugh.

• Bobbi says:

Precisely!

• Jess says:

She’s actually an extremely talented, and professional dancer. I would qualify her mother as the reality TV star. Maddie is actually a fairly qualified, and intriguing addition at the table.

• Annie says:

Not to mention both Sia and Shia have spoken about her professionalism on set and her dedication to her work.

• Sarah Jo Miller says:

That Sia music video with Shia was unbelievably inappropriate! Both dancers wore nude flesh leotards, that matched their skin tones, giving the illusion that they were naked. While 12 year old Maddie straddled a grown adult man and bit his neck. Oh yeah, all this took place in a dirty cage. Maddie’s mother, Melissa, has no limits, morals, or ethics when it comes to fame for her daughter.

• Marisa says:

That’s art educate yourself good grief only people with perverted minds can’t recognize great performance art!

• Dana says:

I agree Don’t think she is qualified I won’t be in this season

• mary says:

I have no problem with her as a dancer. When it comes down to it, they are all extremely talented. But as a judge, just doesn’t work for me.

• Sarah Jo Miller says:

Me either. The other judges must be insulted. What experience and knowledge does she have about hip hop, animation, ballroom, or modern dance? She only knows lyrical and contemporary. I could see her in the competition, maybe making an appearance as a guest judge, but this is ridiculous.

It takes a lot of credibility away from the show. I don’t think people will care as much about her opinion as Nigel, Paula, or even, Jason’s opinions. It will get old fast. Maddie has zero personality, her sister would be a better choice of judge. At least MacKenzie has spunk, humor, an ounce of humility, and comes off as geniune. Maddie is a bore when she is not dancing, I’ve never seen an authentic person in her.

• Jacki says:

Completely disagree. She’s a good dancer but she’s no where near being great enough to make the top 10. DnceMoms does a good job hiding her flaws in editing and building her up to be something much better than she is. She is not a professional dancer by any means. You should read comments from professional dancers about her Capezio vid. They took very much offense at the sickled feet and unpointed toes portraying a ballet style dance. They were downright angry at Capezio for degrading the art form for commercialism. If you can’t compete bc you’re being in skills, then you got no business sitting in the judges panel. This just reeks of a bought spot by Lifetime to further fake this kids average dance abilities. It really sickens me bc this kid is being set up to fail. She’s going to have a hard time adjusting to reality once DanceMoms isn’t there to fake edit for her.

• Paula Wiesen says:

I think Maddie will be a perfect fit……this girl is going places. I’m excited to see the new format, although I’ll miss the old format. But, I’ll give it a chance. anxious for it to begin

• Curly Girly says:

Well, if you’ve ever watched Dance Moms, you would see that she is very talented, and she probably know more about dance than most of the judges they’ve had on there.

• Lola says:

She may be a talented dancer but in no way should another child be judging kids. It’s hard enough for adults to be uncensored in their true opinion about the children.

• Barb says:

I think she’s very talented. But I ain’t watching a kiddie dance contest, sorry. I enjoy seeing sexual tension in a lot of dance routines, so this new kids format kills that. Or, let me say, it BETTER kill that.

• Kathy says:

Absolutely agree

• She may only be 13yrs old but her resume is actually more impressive than probably every single amateur and professional dancer that has been on the show. She has been featured in 3 music videos that were critically acclaimed, performed in concerts in front of thousands of fans, performed live at the Grammy’s, performed 3 times on Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Saturday Night Live, and has acted in television shows and is starring in at least 2 movies. Time Magazine named her one of the ‘Most Influential Teens’. She has also done a lot of commercial work and modeling. So she is hardly just a reality tv show star. She is one of the most successful dancers in the world… I’m just curious how they will use her.

• mary says:

I agree with everything-except most successful in the world. Being a “known” name doesn’t mean she’s more successful than someone else. But as one of the judges, she is still a child. She doesn’t have the capacity to know how to critique as a judge should.

• Annie says:

I do think being well know does equal success when you’re talking about Hollywood. Besides, she’s spent most of her life in a professional judging arena and it’s well known how children are forced to mature when in that business.
          If I was a child entering this contest, I would not only be kinda star struck by her, but would value her opinion. She will be their contemporary. She’s modern and is experiencing the dancing world right now…as opposed to the other judges who necessarily aren’t.
          And I think it’s important to value what a young girl is saying. She’s been valued for her physical skill and talent, but now we’re placing value on her opinions and judgment. I think that alone is a great role modeling ideas for young girls

• Sharon Beaudry says:

She actually knows more than lyrical if you paid attention, She is an amazing Tap dancer of high caliber, She also does dance and understand all genres of dance, especially since it will be 8 -13 yr old dancing it makes even more sense!

• Jacki says:

All of these thing were because of Sia, not Maddie. Ellen had Gavin Morales come on to dance, she never asked Maddie, she asked Sia and she got to tagalong bc of requests for Sia. All these shows introduced Sis and never mentioned Maddie’s name.

• Brittney says:

Amen! If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it!

• Wendy says:

I’m out too. I’ve watched since the beginning as well, but I’m not interested in a kid show. That 13-year-old judge IS talented. But she’s also 13 and apparently will be older than some of the contestants. I just can’t.

• Melissa says:

Got it exactly right!!!

• AndreyG says:

she has 11 years experience in dance/ in most of styles. She is acting Star on her peak …..more Maddie has fresh view

• Miss T says:

ABSOLUTELY! Jason’s the worst and I don’t like the idea of a judge that young.

• Ginny says:

A dancer she might be but a judge NO —where is her background to make decisions on other dancers at 14 etc.. You mean their are no other qualified adults in this world– that you lowered your standards to a teenager. Poor judgement— she repeats in her words what other judges just said

2. Emma says:

3 judges is more than enough, maybe if she was replacing Jason, but nope. I’m still disturbed by the thought of the younguns dancing with adults. What were they thinking?!?

3. SassyAF28 says:

nigel and jeff are literally trying to kill this show omg

• DMK says:

I have to disagree. I think Nigel & co are desperately trying to keep the show alive. I don’t know if this will work towards that goal, but I think it’s fairly well established that the show is Nigel’s baby and he loves it dearly. (Now, whether or not he’s doing a good job at running the show is another question altogether.)

4. CarolH says:

Just get Jason out…he is the worst of the worst !!!

5. Bobbi says:

This is sounding less and less interesting every time we hear some news. Not sure I will make time for it this season. Will probably be their last season anyway.

6. Raul J says:

A 13 year old? This is just too much. The show really hasn’t been the same without Mary Murphy. I want to ride on the Hot Tamale train again!

7. Katiedidntdoit says:

IMO that is a lot of pressure for a 13 yr old to be a judge her autoimmune disorder should be kicking in shortly.😕

8. jjk says:

Too young for that. I only watched it until other better things came in in the summer that conflicted with it. Now I won’t bother at all

9. Lola says:

Seriously? I’m sorry but this show is just dropping to new lows with each piece of news.

10. Diane Valek says:

Very poor judgement on the Producers part. I think the contestants deserve more and I also think Jason should be replaced. You have so many wonderful dancer/choreographers to choose from why would you lower your standards.

11. Troy says:

Yeah I was out as soon as they announced the new format. This will be their final season, I’m willing to put money on it. They should have done an All Stars season or something like that.

12. Pat says:

Who cares. Not interested in watching children. I have also watched since the beginning. I think this is the end for SYTYCD.

• Meg says:

Just can’t see young kids having life experiences to back up the emotional dances that have always made this show so special. So disappointed in this huge change.

• Sarah Jo Miller says:

And Maddie is the worst of the worst with the fake, strained, pained “Maddie Face.” I can’t… She does not feel the music; instead, she listens to the music and choreographs faces. A real dancer can emote with their whole body. Maddie doesn’t do that.

There will be better dancers than her on the show, for sure. If she had to dance alongside them, it would be embarrassing. Maybe that’s why her agent got her this gig instead.

13. David4 says:

Is Fox just trying to find ways to get even less people to watch the show?

I honestly wish they canceled it a few seasons ago and let Lifetime or Bravo or LOGO or anywhere else have the chance to pick it up.

14. Jenna murray says:

I’m extremely happy for Maddie. Yes she is a teenager judging other kids but she’s extremely talented and deserves this.

15. Steve F. says:

Nope. Still sitting this one out.

16. japonicanyc says:

I am sure this little girl is brilliant, and a splendid dancer, but teenagers think with their emotions and heart a lot, whereas someone more mature will think (hopefully) more technically and observe critique….but who knows, maybe we need more emotion around…

17. Annie says:

I don’t watch, but I’m very pleased for her! So many accomplishments for a young age.

18. Bobby says:

I’m out! Not going to watch and after YEARS of watching it saddens me they want to make this into a kiddie show. BYE!!

19. Meg says:

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. If you’ve seen Maddie dance she is not on the level she should be on as a teen dancer. Sophia Lucia would wipe the floor with her and for Maddie to potentially judge any dance that girl does is absolutely ludicrous.

20. Carole says:

At this point they could resurrect Fred Astaire from the dead, I refuse to watch this latest inception…..so disappointed!

21. charlie says:

I have always loved this show, but the ONLY thing I want to tune in for are the all stars. Everything else about this season sounds like a huge fail that I don’t want to clog up my DVR.

22. mary says:

Yea…..I’m officially gone.

23. Carol says:

Done watching this show.

24. Craig says:

NOPE! was pretty sure I was gone – this confirmed it!

25. lynn says:

Don’t care if she’s a 13 year old star on Dance Moms…for this show its a stupid idea…
    Just doesn’t work.

26. jakis says:

This show has gone so far off the rails… So many bad decisions. Any connection to Dance Moms is wrong, wrong, wrong.

27. Janet LaCava says:

Well, being a dance teacher, for 43 years, and sadly I have had to work, few times, with some young judges when judging a competition, and seeing how much more experience they needed, as a teacher, in order to be a good judge, I do not consider this a good decision. Dance Moms is a travesty and not to take away from this girl’s talent, but it’s one thing to have her guest perform, but not as a judge. If so, this will be a year that I will be be a viewer.

28. JR says:

With each new announcement about this season it just gets worse. They should go ahead and cancel it now before this abomination happens. Its like the producers looked at every web forum where the fans said what they wanted for this season and did the opposite. This whole season is nothing but a big middle finger to the fans that have been with the show since the first season.

29. Leona says:

This is a wonderful idea in my opinion. Maddie is not only a dedicated and talented professional with a huge fan base, but she has also been dancing in competitions for years and knows what the judges are looking for. In addition, she is passionate about her work, has been very well trained, and is a great role model for young dancers.

30. mooshki says:

Well, she couldn’t possibly be any worse at judging than Derulo is.

31. R P Richard says:

A 13 year old judge with tween dancers. I’m out too!!

32. Yvonne Sasso says:

I have watched Maddie since day one. She is a very talented dancer. I think others on the show would do just as good as Maddie. Why don’t you ask others to alternate with Maddie?

33. Dan Hetland says:

I have been watching the shown since it’s inception and tolerated a few tweaks here and there over the years but the overall change in format last year going to a mostly hip hop program was a bit over the top for me. I don’t understand how anyone can chose America’s favorite dancer if they are limited to a single dance style. Now, we are supposed to sit and watch little children throw themselves all over the stage. Enough is enough. There was a time when adults simply told children they couldn’t participate until they reached a certain age. Little wonder the younger generations are rife with expectancies and wanting everything for nothing. I’m out.

34. Sharon Beaudry says:

Maddie will be a great addition to the show, she definitely knows what she talking about when it comes to dance and technical issues the girls can improve! I love it!

35. RachelC says:

Can’t hate on Maddie, it was her mom that was awful, but I was always #TeamChloe and I already really disliked this new format. I wish they’d do an All Stars.

36. Karla says:

So excited Maddie is awesome and very well mannered she will make a great judge……go Maddie💟

37. Chili Boots says:

Adding Maddie Ziegler is the smartest move ANY TV has made in years. Maddie’s appeal,
    professionalism and insights are unparalleled, and her Artistry has been demonstrated over,
    and over, again. Paula will look out for her, and she now has TWO outstanding Friends as
    she enters that quagmire of intense Competition. Maddie is a genuine Artist, regardless of
    her age. Some people (below) just can’t stand that. Ms. Ziegler has EARNED her Status.

38. richard sawyer says:

My wife hooked me on Dance Moms and I think Madie is an EXTRAORDINARY child. The mature way she handles every situation and dance just blows me away. never have seen SYTYCD but I will this season. GO MADDIE!!!

39. Andreuna says:

I’m sad , but i will not be watching this season. This child is overexposed and overrated. I’ll be glad when her fifteen minutes are up. So sad one of my favorite shows is jumping the shark with this kid.

40. sheneka peterss says:

I love dance moms

41. Earseleanne Davis says:

Sarah Jo Miller says she actually does tap and other dance styles you only know what the show shows you. Lets just wait and see she may be really good. I know some dancers like Sophia L auditioned and she is clearly a better dancer than Maddie so this will be interesting.

42. Monique says:

All these kids on SYTYCD are much better dancers than Maddie. She wouldn’t win this competition if she was a contestant. Goes to prove the point that there are much better dancers in the competition world than Maddie. Do the kids on Dance Moms really go to competitive competitions where it’s an accomplishment to win or do they just pick the ones with less entries and studios they know they can beat. She’s overrated and can use some pointers from these kids.

43. Rae Hernandez says:

I was disappointed listening to Maddie as a judge. It appeared for the first show she was out of her depth. Then I would like to ask her mother Melissa “What were you thinking letting a 13 year old wear a strapless dress?” Please let her be a child and do not rush her into adulthood too fast.

44. Kris says:

This is not the typical SYTYCD season, it is SYTYCD “The Next Generation”.. Although I agree with getting rid of Jason, I can’t agree with the negative comments made regarding the show’s choice to have Maddie as a judge this season. I think it makes total sense to add her to the panel–those who think of her as just this “reality tv star from Dance Moms”, may not actually realize or may not realize the extent of just HOW well known she is in the dance world. I think lots of kids look up to Maddie as a role model–not just kids who already are amazing/talented dancers, but kids who have the same passion for dance and working hard to get to that technical-advanced level. I agree Dance Moms doesn’t always send the best message, BUT (in my opinion) it has helped bring more recognizition toward dance and has even played a part in encouraging lots of kids out there to get out and take classes/dance!
    When it comes to being upset and missing the old SYTYCD, I am totally on the same page as everyone else; however, let’s be honest.. it has been going downhill for a while.(personally, I felt like the moment it started going downhill was way back, after like season 5 or 6, when they decided to change the stage/set-up that they had since the very beginning in season 1; I LOVED the original stage set-up! :(

I guess rather than let the show dissolve completely, I think it was a good idea for one good (& possibly) last attempt. So far, it hasn’t received great feedback from anyone who has been a previous fan of the show; however, I have to give them credit for continuing to try really hard to keep this show alive!! people should try & look at it from maybe another perspective, and not try comparing it to the typical SYTYCD season. With all the crazy going on in the world today, I think it’s nice to see the final attempt at keeping the show alive was taken in a direction that was positive/potentially beneficial towards kids.

45. Chili Boots says:

Maddie thinks everyone is ” amazing” and “wonderful” and “awesome”. They are not.

Take the money and run, ‘hon’. This is a Dud. And I’m out, as well.

46. Rebecca Cory says:

Maddie Ziegler is a judge on SUTUCD, ok, with that given it is what it is. Good for her, but you can’t tell me at nearly 14 yrs old, that she should retire from dancing. This is just the peak of her dancing career, okay and just because she has won competition after competition, she should just quit dancing. I think that it was a bad move to make her a judge. Like I said again, her dancing is needs to be critiqued as well, she is again at the peak of her dancing career. I think she should make more of a career continue at was she’s best at and that’s her dancing. I think that she’s embarrassing herself as a judge? Why do I think so? Her Vocabulary and how she articulates herself is not of the Gifted type. When you listen to Paula Abdul speak, and Jason Speak, they give intelligent response and they articulate each act they critique. Maddie just says, oh that was great, oh you guys are so awesome…. Over and over again. She been dancing long enough, she should be talking in dance mode such as making points on which dance moves helped exiticute. But instead she gives boring, no detail, response. I feel like, ok why is she up here. What is she getting paid to do? She getting paid to be maddie. Or to sit and look pretty. She can’t even sit still half the time. Being a judge is not a career for her. I give her credit for trying to love up in the world but a dancers career must continue after 13 years old. And for her acting for the most part I understand that she is new at acting but I feel like she makes it seems like she is really trading from the stript, if she furthers her acting career she will need a lot of practice. Maddie comes across as having a flat personality. She is timid which is not bad, but there no Personality. Where the personality? She comes off plain. I don’t see the excitement any where. She doesn’t seem very sure if herself, especially when she was standing up at the teen choice awards. I think she needs to stick with her Dancing Career. Maybe she should not be so entitled, because she has booked other jobs she think that she is Entitled for Anything. She can book other jobs but that doesn’t necessarily mean she is good in acting or judging. She’s so Distracted and Obsessed with Becoming A celebrity and be so popular that she’s booking jobs And those jobs are not for her. She’s doing other stuff and it seems like she’s doing other things just to brand her out. So the whole world knows who she is. Every body knows who Maddie Ziegler is. Let’s stop operating her. Give Kalani Hilliker, Jo Jo Siwa, And Kendal movie Roles, they are just as good for these jobs too. What makes Maddie more better or more Entitled for booking acting jobs? Those girls can do the same as well. I think every one and people booking her the jobs are fixated on her name, because she has gave herself a name so they are giving her everything. Why not let them other girls have a chance to shine too. Maddie is great but I’m tired of hearing and hearing about her she is being overrated because she has been branded a name. She was such in a hurry to get into Hollywood status and to get noticed that she’s booking, and it’s like she’s just booking to book, getting more work just to get more and more famous, and she’s losing the meaning and feeling of what she doing. She can’t act nor judge and it’s the truth, I’m being honest. Every one opinion I’m surely is completely diffrent, but then again that’s why we’re all on this page leaving a comment. With all due respect.

47. Rebecca Cory says:

READ THIS 1 FIRST, maddie is a judge on SUTUCD, ok, with that given it is what it is. Good for her, but you can’t tell me at nearly 14 yrs old, that she should retire from dancing. This is just the peak of her dancing career, okay and just because she won competition after competition, she should just quit dancing. I think that it was a bad move to make her a judge. Like I said again, her dancing is needs to be critiqued as well, she is again at the peak of her dancing career. I think she should make more of a career atwas she’s best at and that’s her dancing. I think that she’s embarrassing herself as a judge. Why do I think so? Her Vocabulary and how she articulates herself is not of the Gifted type. When you listen to Paula Abdul speak, and Jason Speak, they give intelligent response and they articulate each act they critique. Maddie just says, oh that was great, oh you guys are so awesome…. Over and over again. She been dancing long enough, she should be talking in dance mode such as making points on which dance moves helped exiticute. But instead she gives boring, no detail, response. I feel like, ok why is she up here. What is she getting paid to do? She getting paid to be maddie. Or to sit and look pretty. She can’t even sit still half the time. Being a judge is not a career for her. I give her credit for trying to love up in the world but a dancers career must continue after 13 years old. And for her acting for the most part I understand that she is new at acting but I feel like she makes it seems like she is really reading from the stript, if she furthers her acting career she will need a lot of practice. Maddie comes across as having a flat personality. She is timid which is not bad, but there is no Personality. Wheres the personality? She comes off plain. I don’t see the excitement any where. She doesn’t seem very sure of herself, especially when she was standing up at the teen choice awards. I think she needs to stick with her Dancing Career. Maybe she should not be so entitled, because she has booked other jobs so she thinks that she is Entitled for Anything. She can book other jobs but that doesn’t necessarily mean she is good in acting or judging. She’s so Distracted and Obsessed with Becoming A celebrity and being so popular that she’s booking jobs And those jobs are not for her. She’s doing other stuff and it seems like she’s doing other things just to brand her out. So the whole world knows who she is. Every body knows who Maddie Ziegler is. Let’s stop over rating the brat already. Give Kalani Hilliker, Jo Jo Siwa, And Kendal movie Roles, they are just as good for these jobs too. What makes Maddie more better or more Entitled for booking acting jobs? Those girls can do the same as well. I think every one and people booking her the jobs are fixated on her name, because she has gave herself a name so they are giving her everything. Why not let them other girls have a chance to shine too. Maddie is great but I’m tired of hearing and hearing about her she is being overrated because she has been branded a name. She was such in a hurry to get into Hollywood status and to get noticed that she’s booking, and it’s like she’s just booking to book, getting more work just to get more and more famous, and she’s losing the meaning and feeling of what she doing. She can’t act nor judge and it’s the truth, I’m being honest. Every one opinion I’m surely is completely diffrent, but then again that’s why we’re all on this page leaving a comment. With all due respect.

48. Rebecca Cory says:

Entitled Brat, who retired as age 13, from her dancing career. Who retired at age 13? This is the peak of her dancing career. Mind you that she may have won competition after dance competition, but she has NOT won every single time. Her dancing still needs to be critiqued. She’s NOT fit to be a judge, she’s still peaking as a dancer at 13, and she could take a top or 2 from thee acts dancing on stage. They give far more hard work and energy than her entitled but could. But maddie is Entitled to Any and Everything, because she has branded herself an name, so she’s just booking jobs left and right, just to book jobs. Just to get her out there and make her more famous. She booking jobs that she not even good at. Acting? And judging? She is NOT good at either 1. Everybody is such in a dam hurry to brand this kid out and get her Hollywood famous that she’s landing roles that make her look like a real dumb ass. When she’s up on stage at the teen choice awards, she doesn’t look sure of herself. Where’s the Personality in this kid? Where’s thee excitement in this kid? She has no energy no enthusiasm, and to be honest she is flat out boring. She is over rated. And sick and tired of hearing about this kid. You mean to tell me that her components, Kalani Hilliker, Jo Jo siwa, and Kendal can’t land acting roles, or mag covers, THATS B. S., they are just as good as maddie. She is no better than these other girls. Just because she won every single competion or just about doesn’t mean that she should always be known as thee only one who can land jobs and succeed. She shouldn’t be thee only 1 getting all the attention, and booking all the jobs, just because she is Maddie and has already branded her name. People are just giving her away and booking her all the jobs just because of her name. She is HORRIBLE AS A JUDGE. JUST HORRIBLE. No high vocabulary. She doesn’t know how to ARTICULATE HERSELF AS SHE SPEAKS. She not a very gifted person. She copies off or tries to listen to what thee other judges are saying. She’s trying to be friendly to all thee other kids so they won’t think She’s mean. Do you know what her responses are after each act performs? Oh, that’s was so cool, umm ohh, that was awesome,, oh that was so cool, that was so awesome. No explaining or going into detail about any of the steps and what really fired up or exitcuted the dance. Besides the point, all thee other judges must feel pretty much insulted that they have a retired 14 year entitled brat as a judge, because it was given to her because of her, let’s get this kid famous fast brand. She has no personality. She is not sure of herself. It’s so annoying, you just want to pull some excitement out of her. You can tell that Paula Abdul is a little annoyed by her, and kinda knows that she’s imature and Entitled. Maddie should go home and be a kid and sit in front of the tv with her kid sister and bake cookies while watching the show. She is NO judge. And she should be back in the studio, trying to make a career as a dancer, and try to get into the Joffrey Ballet, or be a dancer for another singer. Make a career out of it. She should get a Degree in Ballet and Theatre and further her Dancing Career. Practice makes perfect. Your not perfect because you landed a role on dance moms as a competition Dancer. As you can see, she’s left the show, and the competitions are over. Now she’s a judge? No, No, No. You don’t retire at 13, so you can sit back in the chair and be lazy, and give lazy, unintelligent responses and feedback as a judge critiquing. She needs to back and further her dancing career in fine arts. She should be a Famous Professional Balleria. If she only a knows ballet and lyrical, then that right there should tell you she needs more training as a Dancer. She should further her career as a Proffessional Ballerina, instead of landing little B. S. Cameo appearance acting Roles here and there just to build up her Credentials, and stop being on every cover of magazines over rating her. And she’s modeling for Ralph Lauren? She is NOT a model or run way model. She’s not even tall enough to be a model. 5’2? That’s short to be modeling. You should be a lot taller. And for the most part, doesn’t even have any modeling experience…….. Are we seeing a pattern here? She got the Ralph Lauren modeling job because of her MADDIE name. It was handed to her wether she was Qualifier for it or not. She just keeps getting jobs handed to her because of her name, and not her talents. And she is HORRIBLE at acting. No energy no personality no high emotion. Just flat and scripting it out. And for her being a judge, it was the worst mistake of her career so far at this point. The kid blinks her eyes, and she gets gold coins handed to her. Entitled foolish little annoying brat. Embarrassing herself every time she opens up her mouth. Timid and immature. Abby lee miller even said to Melissa for maddie left the show, said, don’t tell me the kid is going on a show like SUTUCD? Entitled Maddie gets her booked jobs handed to her? Booking just to book regardless of she’s good at it or not. She should practice before she’s set out to do jobs she knows nothing about, or is good at. Kinda like writing a book, you don’t book out the copy with all the mistakes and call it the final draft. Not even the final draft gets out out, you wait till its finalized. maffie shouldn’t just be giving anything to book that she had no training or experience at. It’s like a sloppy copy before the final draft. Maddie, we all have to work hard to get her things in life. If they’re just handed to us because of who we are, then it’s not real. You have to earn your way to stardom, not just hurry up and get to stardom. Branding Maddie, is Branding Maddie with Mistakes. Stop over rating her. We are over branding her so much that the time the kid Is 20, she’s gonna be a wash – up….. And with all of this said, she should NOT be a judge on SUTUCD. It is fake, Annoying, And it’s really shocking to hear how not gifted she is on articulating herself when speaking. It’s as if Dancing along threw the years was just Routine. Because a real experienced Dsncer, uses real dancer Terminology and should mention Dance Technique and steps while Critiquing, and she can’t even do that. Too inexperienced and Too little Training, to be Qualified as a judge, And too young to retire as a dancing at 14. Too young this is the peaking age of her dancing career. Get off the judge’s seat, and go back to Dance where you can actually learn and train more so you can become a Proffessional Dancer or Proffessional Balerina.

49. Carol says:

13 yr old OMG, maddie is expressionless, her vocabulary is obviously very limited, she can’t critique on the different styles of dance. I really would like to see her in a group performance with these awesome kids, she couldn’t keep up. These kids need too be bought back as judges

50. Dolores Howard says:

Get rid of the kid judge. She comes across as a know it all and too big for her britches, even if she is a good dancer.