Post Mortems
Suits Season 6 Premiere Date

Suits Boss Talks Mike's Fate and Season 6's 'Uncharted Territory'

Warning: The following contains spoilers for Wednesday’s finale of Suits.

The day of reckoning has finally come for Suits: Mike is trading in his designer duds for an orange jumpsuit.

During Wednesday’s Season 5 finale, the faux lawyer took responsibility for his crimes and entered a white collar prison. (FYI: The jury would have come back with a “Not Guilty” verdict. #Regrets) Even Harvey’s last-ditch efforts to save his protégé were unsuccessful. Before heading off to the clink, Mike made another difficult choice: At the last minute, he aborted his plan to marry Rachel so that she could fulfill her dream of one day becoming a lawyer.

With Mike’s past catching up to him in the final six episodes, “Everybody said, ‘This is the only way it could end. It is inevitable. It’s going to happen,'” executive producer Aaron Korsh says of the fraud’s trip behind bars. In not skirting the consequences of Mike’s actions, the stage is set for a big “change” in Season 6.

“There’s going to be new characters, [a return] to some humor and a new setting,” the EP previews. “Our hope is that new life has been breathed into the show.”

Below, Korsh describes next season’s “uncharted territory” and weighs in on when the long-running drama will end.

TVLINE | There was some speculation that Harvey and the firm would find a way around Mike going to jail. Why did you decide not to go that route?
First of all, he did it. Once he got arrested and they were caught, it’s pretty tough to get out of it. Most people would think once he was caught, he really would likely be found guilty. The reason I think people thought we would get him out of it is because we’re a TV show, and that’s what TV shows do. The only way you can surprise your audience is if you can surprise [them] in the big things and deliver a message that, “You don’t know what’s going to happen.” We just decided this is likely what would happen if the situation [was real] and, “Let’s just do it. Let’s just see if it brings new life into the show and invigorates [it].” We took a chance.

Suits Season 6 SpoilersTVLINE | When Harvey was trying to get Mike out of his plea deal, he went to Anita Gibbs and she really laid out some truths that I don’t think he’s ever heard in that way before. Did he learn any lessons from that experience that he will take into next season?
I doubt it. [Laughs] A lot of people wondered why Anita Gibbs was so hellbent on getting Harvey. Part of it was that they had a fake lawyer, and she’s a lawyer, so it was personal for her in that regard. But in addition to that, if you have access to corporate murders and you kept it to yourself, what else did you do to cover up this [fraud]? When you do something like this, it leaves you incredibly vulnerable to a lot of other much worse choices because you’re worried about self-preservation. That’s why it’s important for her to prosecute them.

That’s an interesting lesson, but whether that lesson will really land on Harvey remains to be seen in the next six [episodes]. Hopefully, he won’t do something like hire a fraud again. But at the end of the episode, Mike says he would do it all again. The truth is, Mike wouldn’t have met Rachel. We don’t know what Mike’s life would be had he not gone through all this, and when he gets out of prison, he might be better off than if he’d never done this in the first place.

TVLINE | How does this ending shake up the foundation of the show? What does next season look like?
The original premise of the show is gone. It’s gone in two ways. Obviously, the biggest and most important way is Mike no longer has a secret… and he is going to be in prison. The other way that everything’s changed is, everybody from the firm was gone. So moving forward, we decided, “Let’s pick something that’s incredibly impactful. Let’s shatter everything and see how we, as writers, and our characters can pick up the pieces.” That’s what Season 6 is going to be about.

TVLINE | There won’t be a time jump at the start of Season 6?
Nope. As a matter of fact, we actually pick up that very night, and the entire episode, as it currently stands, takes place that night. It’s sort of a back and forth between Mike’s first night in prison and our first night dealing with coming back to an empty firm.

TVLINE | I know Harvey seemed a little bit relieved after their fight, but does Mike have what it takes to survive in prison?
We’re going to find out. [Laughs] The good news is, I’m pretty sure he won’t die in prison.

Season 6 SpoilersTVLINE | How is the firm adjusting to having lost all its employees? Is there now a need to repopulate with new characters?
Yes, there absolutely will be. With Mike in prison and us figuring out what we’re going to do with the firm, there’s room for a lot of things that can be different… Obviously, [there will be] new characters in prison. We’re going to have new people who are interacting in whatever firm setting we end up landing on. But in addition to that, we’re allowing for the addition of some humor back into the show. The last six [episodes], we were very serious. The stakes were very high… We don’t have that hanging over our head anymore, so it allows us to tell some funny stories again, which we, as writers, have been missing and the fans have been missing.

TVLINE | Mike’s journey really came full circle this season. Do you feel like you’re nearing the endgame of the show?
I’m not sure about that. I just renewed [my deal with Universal Cable Productions] for two years, so I’m assuming we’re likely to have a Season 7, and it’s certainly possible we’ll have a Season 8. I would say we’re not in the upswing of the show’s life cycle. There have been shows that have lasted a long time and much longer than us, twice as long at least. I don’t know how close we are to the end, but I know we’re very likely closer to the end than we are to the beginning.

But rather than thinking about how it’s going to wind down, we just want to see how this season plays out and then after that, yeah, it might be time to start thinking about, “Where are we going with this thing?” But so far, we’ve done a good job just taking each season as it comes, and that’s probably where we’ll continue to go. This Season 5 finale, in my mind, is probably the closest thing to a series finale that I ever could have envisioned if I had envisioned one. So we’re into uncharted territory.

Suits fans, were you surprised by the season ender? Grade it via the poll below, then hit the comments to back up your pick!

1. David says:

When suits changes the title to White collar (or whiter collar)

2. Gern Blanston says:

It was a good episode and a good finale to the season, but the only ways that I can see carrying on from here just seem lackluster. Either they find some deus ex machina and use it next season instead having used it this season which would make this season totally pointless or Mike goes to law school in prison and becomes a real lawyer. The first half of the season he is in prison and helps prisoners with their problems, there’s a two year time jump at the mid-season finale, then he rejoins Pearson Specter when he gets out in the second half of the season. Neither scenario really appeals to me.

• candice3150 says:

I read in another interview where he said the prison lawyer thing won’t happen, not will a focus on Mike going to law school. This season was good but the show I loved is gone and that makes me sad.

• Gern Blanston says:

I kind of miss the case of the week format, too. Those episodes were more fun, but I think that this season is much better in terms of storytelling than those earlier seasons. I’m glad that the prison lawyer thing won’t happen, but that means that the other worse theory that I have is what’s going to be bouncing around in my head until the show comes back on.

• Robert says:

I’m sorry but I think it was a terrible finale that destroyed the best season they made yet.
      They could have just ended it this way last episode showing that he took the deal and went to jail.
      But to see all that struggle for nothing in this episode made me sick .
      They just killed the show .
      Better cancel the next season and make a new show cause this show was all about Mike genius of being a layer without going to law school .

• Gern Blanston says:

No, the show is all about a very smart man trying to reach his potential after being dealt a bad hand as a child and along the way he helps s damaged man become a better person. The law was just the way the writers chose to start his journey. The struggle wasn’t for nothing. The fact that he was going to be found innocent and shot himself in the foot with the deal trying to protect everybody is just another step of him striving to reach his potential. Instead of relying on is shortcut in life he now has to take the lessons that he has learned and stand on his own. And this isn’t the first time that he left the law profession. It didn’t kill the show then and this doesn’t kill the show now.

• Leo says:

Thank you for your comment. Nicely said. It is definitely what this show is all about. It’s not about a fraud trying to get away with it, but about a journey of a man trying to reach his fullest potential.
          It’s the reason why Mike Ross is one of my most favorite TV characters ever, even when he’s being a dick, because that’s what makes him so relatable and human.
          I’m so excited for next season!

• Robert says:

You can interpret the show however you want but I watched the show because I like cheaters and people who take shortcuts in TV series .
          When Mike worked against Harvey he was the same clever young boy who would have done anything to win . That’s why the show was still great .
          There was nothing wrong with letting Mike go away with what he did since his friends escaped many times .
          Either you make a moral show where people playing dirty get punished or you make a show where cheaters get away with it . I don’t like mixed things .
          Anyway that’s just my opinion and if you enjoyed it go ahead and watch the upcoming episodes . But the show is destroyed for me .

• Gern Blanston says:

How did you get into this show then? I’m not trying to insult or argue, I’m seriously curious because this show has been a complete mixed bag since the start. Sometimes people did good things and sometimes bad. Sometimes they got caught and sometimes they didn’t. Just out of curiosity, what do you watch that is as cut and dry as you are looking for as every show that I can think of airing currently is shades of gray and not just black or white?

• MMD says:

I totally agree with @Gern Blanston. Not only has this show always been a mixed bag from the beginning but that’s the way real life is. Life is all about making mistakes and hopefully learning from them so they are not repeated. I have no idea what show you’ve been watching for the past 6 seasons.

Nothing in life or even on a tv series is black and white except death, taxes and change!!!

• Don says:

They did kill the show.

• Michael says:

I think that this episode really focused on the relationships built and strengthened throughout the 5 seasons to show how they treat each other in the toughest situation they’ve faced so far. Also, i agree about the part of his genius of becoming a lawyer without going to law school, but they had to have Mike get caught in the end, i mean it was bound to happen at some point, personally i enjoyed it.

• Bill Cord says:

Mike signed a plea agreement admitting to a felony. A person cannot become an attorney if they have a felony conviction.

• Wendy, Esq says:

Yes they can. A man convicted of manslaughter was allowed to sit for the bar. And this show is playing fast and loose with the law anyway.

• Gern Blanston says:

That is only true in three states and New York is not one of them. Outside of having a law degree the only thing that a person must prove to the bar association is that they currently have good, moral character no matter their felon status.

• I actually looked this one up and New York does allow it based on the following ”Like most states, New York requires bar applicants to demonstrate good “character and fitness.”” …I can see him getting his degree and getting that Bar to say yes. I hope they do it.

• fret says:

They can do what they want it’s over that ruin this show shame on them !

• Similar to my comment….he just has to be a lawyer or the entire show loses its “sfuff”.

3. mike says:

I think Mike will out of prison by mid finale he come a cross some info on another convict

4. madhatter360 says:

Would it be possible for Mike to get a college degree while in prison? I feel like I’ve heard about inmates being able to take college courses (online I assume). He wouldn’t be able to be a real lawyer because of the conviction, but he might be able to become a legal advocate or something like that.
    Also, I know Korsh says the premiere won’t have a time jump, but does that mean that there won’t be one later in the season?

5. Andy198 says:

This season as a whole has been the strongest in my opinion since probably season 2. I am glad that the whole Mike secret is off the table but “be careful what you wish for” might be true depending on how it goes next season. Harvey and Mike together is the heart of the show and now that that is no longer a possibility how will it affect the dynamic. Was a very strong season finale – great dynamic between the cast in every scene!!! Rachel hasn’t always been my favorite character but tonight she earned high praise along with Harvey and Mike. Until June Suitors!!!!

• Leo says:

Fear not, I bet Harvey will visit daily :P

6. Sarah says:

The verdict would have come back Not Guilty! They should have had faith in Mike doing a good job at trial, because most of the series has been about him excelling and Harvey teaching him to be an amazing lawyer. This was unnecessary. Also Mike might not have gone to college, but he did pass the bar exam. He’s a genius. Was all this “fraud” stuff really needed? I’m so disappointed.

• Linda says:

Agreed! They would have had much more avenues and twists if they would have just let Mike continue to practice. I believe the characters could have all evolved differently after the trial. I know it’s TV and the creators wanted it to feel real, but reality also finds guilty people innocent all the time. I think they should have let Mike go. So sad now. I’ll give next season a shot, but it’s not likely will I continue to watch.

• What should have happened is that they should’ve waited for the verdict. Mike walks free, but then his “didn’t attend law school” thing would be an open secret to clients and other firms. Clients would still look at Mike Ross as a lawyer, but they would always point out to his open secret whenever he does a mistake and PSL’s mission is to regain the clients’ trust and composure.

I believe this could’ve been a better idea.

• joe says:

I am 1000% agreeing with you. Thats exactly what I think. Godammit he passed the bar. I’m so disapointed with this finale nit even funny. They ruined the show I loved so much.

• Clinton says:

I agree the show is a show, so true realism isn’t needed. Suits has been a feel-good drama, but now the feel good aspect has been dismantled. I’ll be surprised if I watch this show again

• Luigi Sid says:

Joe : totally agree with you..they killed the show…. bad bad idea….

• Robert says:

Totally agree . As a fan of Boston Legal where every episode was about a trial in court I was excited to see Mike pleading so well in front of a jury . Unfortunately he did not had what it took after all . He should have knew that his speech was good enough and leave himself in the hands of the jury . But instead he tried to control everything and blew it .

7. Lianne says:

Worst finale ever.

8. Mark says:

Never saw the twists coming… Especially the empty firm.

9. Darrin Mueller says:

Mike and Harvey made the show. I was always at the edge of my seat and couldn’t wait for the next episode. I hope this shake up in the cast doesn’t do more harm then good. I love Suits and if it was on for the next 30 years I’d still watch every episode because it is the best TV drama I have ever watched.

10. Mike will probably be helping some of the inmates with their appeals while he is in prison, all the while Harvey is trying to find some way to get Mike out of the slammer.

11. Darrin Mueller says:

I also thought that Louis going to bat for Mike was awesome. Made me finally have respect for his character.

• MMD says:

X 1,000%!!!! That was one of the hi-lights of the episode because usually Louis looks after Louis first and foremost and usually then gets into a mess and has to be bailed out by Jessica.

Our little Louis Litt is finally growing up – at least in this one instance.

12. Becca says:

DARVEY PEOPLE. DARVEY.

13. Ellinaras78 says:

Some of the second part of this season dragged on a bit. Now that this is behind us I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the next season.

• P says:

Agreed. For one, I am glad that they went in this direction. Sure, it may end the show. Or it may breathe new life into it. That’s the result of taking a risk. But, seriously, how many more people could find out Mike’s secret without it becoming public?

14. taran63 says:

I’m not being sarcastic when I ask this. But has anyone ever watched a show they liked and thought, what this show needs is to change the entire premise of the show and start focusing on a bunch of new characters? If so, what show did this and you still liked it afterwards? I actually want to know.
    I actually thought this was a good episode; it definitely kept my interest. But where do you go from here? I can’t think of any paths that I would find interesting to watch. And if they somehow undo this and things go back to the way they were, this season seems like a waste. So now what?

• Kayla says:

Weeds comes to mind, where they just burn the whole town down and start over. But I was pretty ambivalent about the show before and after that happened.

Like…obvs there are going to be new characters on Suits, but the thing is the main cast is still going to be there prominently. I’m not too worried. I do think Mike going to jail was inevitable and I’m glad they did this storyline.

• Gern Blanston says:

There are shows that I wish that it would happen, but it never does. The DEO and newspaper setting in Supergirl needs to go. I like the story in Quantico, but don’t care for any of the characters or actors and am only watching to see where the story goes so, I am on board for all of them being replaced. There are other older shows that I felt the same about, but these are two current ones that I am hoping change characters and premise.

• johnhelvete says:

The first part of this season of The Blacklist was a lot of fun with Liz on the run with Red, made me wish the show would have just ditched the entire FBI part of the show.

• Darrin Mueller says:

a lot of the UK TV series like to cycle off the main characters quite often. MI-5 was one such series. I have found that in most cases a series such as Suits is actually built around the dynamics of the characters and when you have a good theme and rhythm going then you really can’t turn around and toss the salad and hope to have things work just as well. I am excited to see what happens in the next season but I sure hope that if it starts to sink that Suits producers do what Seth did and bring back Mike some how. I think Harvey will be working his butt off to find a way to get Mike out and yes that comment by Gibbs shows, I think, that she really actually didn’t want Mike but wanted Harvey and her saying that was out of respect for the work Mike has done even if he was not a law school grad.

• Sam says:

2 and a half men did that in their own way. It was more like 2 men and sometimes a boy, sometimes a girl. I liked it.

• Jeff says:

American Horror Story every year.

15. Kayla says:

I’m hoping them acting like Gretchen was gone was just for dramatic effect and that she was just grabbing a snack.

So is the show still going to be Suits or should I look for Jumpsuits this summer on my DVR?

I’ll show myself out.

16. Rusty says:

Something I noticed in the scene when Harvey tried to get the deal thrown out and was in the judges chambers… Gibbs said it was made by a competent lawyer and was binding, but if Mike was acting as his own lawyer and then admitted that he was a fake by taking the deal…wouldn’t that void the deal since he wasn’t really a lawyer and couldn’t act as one? I thought it was something obvious but no one jumped on it but it didn’t seem quite right. Especially when Gibbs admitted that it was done by a competent lawyer ie Mike. I guess we’ll see in the next season if they can win an appeal and have the case overthrown.
    I know one thing, the writers are going to have to do some great writing. Introducing a bunch of new people at the firm and dragging this out for another season with Mike in federal prison. They are going to lose a lot of viewers.

• Rainland says:

yep, that early line from Gibbs jumped out at me, too. having it both ways. how did the writers let that one go?

• profesorluigi says:

Rusty you are totally right , I missed it (I´m a paralegal) but i was a nervous wreck…yes I tottally agree with you, they will LOSE A LOT OF VIEWERS..HOPE THE WRITERS are reading this….

• Gern Blanston says:

In all fairness though, how many people outside of the main crew which are still part of the firm do we actually see on a regular basis? None. They wrote out the other minor characters seasons ago so, its not like we lost anybody of any importance.

• ben green says:

I could be wrong but i think Gibbs was referring to Mike being competent and complimentary of the fact that he was a good lawyer, but the deal didnt need to have a lawyer because mike didnt necessarily need to be a lawyer to sign a deal to plead guilty

• KCC says:

Mike was on record as defending himself. Everyone is entitled to do that if they want. For a legal drama, Suits is pretty bad with the actual legal stuff. They could take the primary characters and just make them corporate consultants (ala House of Lies) and they could continue with the soap opera aspects of the characters interactions without having to worry about how “real” the legal aspects of the show are (something they never put much effort into anyway). I’m guessing most people are watching for the character interactions and not the legal drama of the cases.

• Leo says:

I think by a competent lawyer, she means herself? Like Mike cut a deal with her and it’s legit because she’s a competent lawyer…

17. Luigi says:

what the hell were you thinking !!! you could of come up with a million tecnicalities to squash the deal and allow Mike to practice law. We dont want reality dude..we want what you gave us for all of 5 seaons.. I highly suggest you re boot or risk losing fans….

• valezza says:

Those 5 seasons that you liked – they were done by the same people. They didn’t shoot every episode consulting with fans or testing each decision with focus groups. It’s not about losing fans (to my expirience it’s when they start catering to the fans – quality of any show drops drastically). They just do the show the way they see fit and that is it.

18. Larry La Croix says:

I have really enjoyed the show. I have watched it from the beginning. I was hoping Mike would find a way to not go to prison but I understand he had to. Can’t wait for the next season to see where you go with it.

19. Cam says:

So it’ll be a split between rebuilding the firm from the ground up, and Orange is the New Black, but with men. Could be interesting

20. rox says:

t’s going to be a long wait for season 6. I wish I could speed it up!

21. Jane says:

Weak. They gave it away in the first 5 min, and then what they were suddenly really bad at their job and did not grasp the catch 22 with the plea. Love, love, love this show but this season finally just made me annoyed. On a side note Jessica’s stylist is amazing!!!!

• Renee says:

Totally agree regarding Jessica’s stylist. She is always flawless.

• Leo says:

Her style always screams “fierce” except that one time she has a huge ribbon (or flower?) in front of her dress and my sister and I can’t stop laughing imagining she went a full day wearing that dress.

• pecola says:

Whoever styles Gina Torres for this show deserves an Emmy. FLAWLESS.

Her wardobe rivals Olivia Pope’s.

22. Terry says:

Very very disappointed in the finale. They painted themselves into a corner and now they are taking the easy way out. Send him to prison, but as they alluded to, what about all the cases he was involved in since he was a “lawyer”. When he gets out, is he still going to be a regular on the show, or is he just going to be a consultant to the firm, or a bank investor? This episode basically destroys the premise of the show, that the law degree was not as important as helping people and teaching Harvey the human side of the law.

23. lindy says:

I definitely didn’t expect mike to go to jail I thought like most TV shows and movies that it would work out in the end . I like that they ended up going with him going to jail it changes it up . I love suits and I hope there is more and more seasons to come!

24. Kim says:

We have watched from the first episode. We love everything about the show. We love the music, the editing, the city energy, the cast. This last season felt like the writers may have been struggling in the writing department .
    That said- we are excited about season 6. We will be watching with excitement- and please, please keep Mike safe. His verdict was innocent!

• Yeah Whatever says:

I regret watching the 1-2 episodes of S1 because they bored me so much. This ”show” is an abomination & yet White Collar got cancelled. Injustice.

• Patrick says:

It didn’t get canceled. These shows have budgets. And White Collar was dependent on the actors continuing to do the show. And Matt Bomar would have become ruinously expensive to retain. Serialized dramas have virtually no after market in syndication sales. Shows like Friends, 2.5 Men, or BBT can pay huge salaries because they make so much profits from syndication sales. With a few notable exceptions (Walking Dead) cable shows have no syndication value, so they cannot pay escalating salaries. Matt Bomar has some heat as a movie star, so it would have taken at least 100-200 thousand dollars, per episode to keep him in the fold. And the show, which shot in NYC, simply could not afford that kind of salary. So the show ended (which was fine, because its quality had declined, noticeably, over the last few seasons).

• Yeah Whatever says:

The real reason why White Collar got cancelled it’s because the lead writer abandoned it & focused on his new show. Same thing happened with Revenge, the lead creator left & the show started to decline & eventually got cancelled. (At least it got a good ending unlike WC.) Also Matt Bomer is not that much of a movie star, he only plays supporting roles in AAA movies.

25. Dominick says:

I’m bumming about Mike, I was wondering why Mike and Harvey didn’t say anything to eachother as he went through the gate. It just seemed odd they didn’t say anything other than Harvey saying “watch your back”, looking forward to season 6. I hope you get season 5 DVD’s out sooner than the season 4 DVDs.

• Leo says:

I was screaming, “Give him a hug!! What, no HUG! WHY?” But I guess it’s all in the subtext. Just rest easy knowing that Mike always chose Harvey in the end.
      1) Cut a deal so Harvey won’t go to prison.
      2) Cancel wedding so he and Harvey can ride into the sunset.
      3) Mike said that Harvey was looking for himself in Mike and we know Harvey just loves himself so much.
      Okay I’ll stop and go read some fanfics.

• Lee says:

I was thinking the same..watch your back?? No man hug..but I liked the walk. Maybe we’ll finally get a series that’s not about cops, but the innocent people thrown in jail.
      Anita Gibbs..I wanted to scream at her. I kinda almost fell out of love with all the women in this season, hope next season will bring us hotness, power and super coolness from the ladies! Madly in love with Suits.. so hate waiting long for the next season :( something The Young and the Restless fans don’t worry about!

26. Tizzy says:

As soon as this episode ending (I was in tears the last 5 minutes blubbering like a baby FYI) I came looking to see if this was the series finale because it sure seems like it should be especially if there is no time hop for the start of the next season. The series was built around Mike and Harvey all the other characters are just extra. Do we really care about “the firm” as much as we do the two of them? Not likely. I do not have high hopes for the new season with the dynamic duo separated.

27. Did the writers ever consider that we watch the show because of the amazing gyrations that Harvey does in order to get what he wants? We like it when Harvey wins. We like it when Mike gets away with it at the last minute. Are they so far up each other’s asses that they believe that they have created an alternate reality and have to teach us some moral lessons? We want to be entertained with this show, not preached to about right and wrong. We get off on seeing someone break the law and get away with it. Its just like a modern day Robin Hood. Oh well, my official estimation of the season finale was “MEH.”

28. Ahmed says:

If USA kept White Collar, could have had Neil Cafferty break him out… lol

29. Kate says:

Fantastic episode. I was painted with goose-bumps, I found myself in tears a couple of times, happy at one stage…Amazingly done although I never wanted Mike to go to prison…or anyone for that fact. I hope that he doesn’t have to remain in prison for the full 2 years and I also hope I don’t have to wait to long for the next season.

30. thanks for spoiling the episode in the title of your page which shows up in Google search

31. Yeah Whatever says:

Why is this awful trash still on tv yet they cancelled White Collar?! Makes absolutely 0 sense.

32. Yeah Whatever says:

I really do hope they cancel this lame excuse for a tv show after 6th season without proper conclusion. Justice for White Collar!

33. Busta950 says:

being in UK this is not on till next week but just picked it up on line. I actually thought it was brilliant. Think the next series will be very interesting to see how they run it. As they are picking it up with no time line cannot wait. Liked the way we knew from the beging of the episode that he was going to Jail. Friendship/Mentor the way Harvey and Mike ended was great.

34. Leigh Randell says:

Mike & Harvey NOT together !! This was the crux of the whole show. Very disappointing. Suppose the jail thing will be series 7 and I believe this will be boring. Sorry to be so negative, but this was my favourite show on TV. I come from Australia & I believe a lot of us Aussies feel the same way.

35. wjsc says:

Harvey’s loses BIG. Mike’s doing time. The firm has all but gone dark.

Wow — I hope the writers have a believable, yet speedy, resolution to these drastic game changers. Just ask the people over at Castle how quickly a show begins to die when you separate the lead characters. No good can come of that!

36. Jon says:

Personally I think this was the best season so far. Yes I miss the case a week structure but Mike’s secret was going on too long. He could no longer develop his rank in the firm. The longer the secret dragged out the more it became a block for the writers. This way season 6 can be a fresh start for the firm, I personally am extremely excited to see how they rebuild the firm. Also I am happy they are not skipping time, I think the prison aspect would be taken lightly by the viewer if we never see Mike incarcerated! I have been a weekly viewer since season 1 and almost lost faith in season 4. I am happy to say after season 5 my faith has been restored in Korsh and I await season 6 with high anticipation!!!

37. T.E. Young says:

Told my wife even before Mike was arrested that somehow he was going to be made accountable. He was. Great finale. Now, a new phase. Original.

• marianisola says:

This is hands down one of the best shows on TV and in my opinion this was a FANTASTIC episode. Kind of surprised that Mike went to jail but that made it more interesting. In fact, I believe thaf if had to be done. A little bit of a risk, considering that was one of d main premises of d show but super excited for what happens next. You writers are awesome n I love how d show reflects d complexity of ppl’s characters. I love everyone n especially that Jessica is such a boss (Scandal with it’s stupid storyline n Olivia pope acting as a glorified sidechick doesn’t have nothing on her). Seriously don’t know why this show doesn’t have more ratings. Hurry up n bring d next season!!!

38. Baraka says:

Well since MIke wasn’t a lawyer to begin with, doesn’t that invalidate all the cases he’s done before including his case because he was his own lawyer?, Why not take that and get this guy out of jail. Really love the show I’m completely out of speculations how it will go from here, can’t wait what you guys come up with, just hope it won’t be boring coz this is the only show I watch.

39. Carla says:

It’s going to be great to see some new hard core characters (if that happens) and I’m looking forward to seeing if Mike does law school in prison… Will Jessica survive another blow? What will Litt do next..
    Best show, great acting.. Bring on season 6

40. Robert says:

All I can say is Mike Rose and their pathetic firm could have used an Alan Shore

• Luigi Sid says:

hey Robert….Alan Shore…woooow you really nailed it…imagine him in the show as Alan Shore and pulling a rabbit out a hat.now that would of beeen something….

41. Adrian says:

I’m no lawyer and would have to check with friends who are but one thing stuck with me… When they re-entered the court and presented the deal to the judge the prosecuting lawyer made reference that the deal was negotiated by lawyers? Now if Mike agrees to a deal that for better word proves he’s not a lawyer is that deal now inadmissible??

• Luigi Sid says:

Adrian:

no , the deal is admissible because even if Mike Ross would not be considered (or recognized as ) a licensed bar attorney , as acting pro se counsel (his own lawyer) the deal would stand…barring mental defect on the part of said counsel (i´m a paralegal) however there are other issues that could be argued….

on another note , it struck me as odd that Harvey would NOT go above Anita Gibbs and speak to head counsel (her supervisor and above) and ask two pointed questions. 1. why let go of murderers and embezzlers and prosecute a kid for not having a bar license…2. Do you really think Anita Gibbs doesn’t have skeletons in HER closet? give me a freaking break…. hello reality check…(pun intended)

42. Jb says:

What about all the people he took the bar for, he may not have gone to law school but he passed the bar how many times. You have attorneys practicing who did not pass the bar but went to law school and Mike who did not go but passed the bar..I wish they could have come up with something other than Mike going to jail. All the years Mike worked with Harvey counted ( internship). He passed the bar and he is an attorney. After all this is tv anything is possible.

43. Kevin says:

Mike is Dumb. Finale is pathetic.

44. Mara says:

I think they just ruined the show I loved. Not interested in new characters. I want Mike, Harvey, Jessica, Louis and Donna. Damn, not sure I will even watch again.

• Zerb says:

Those characters aren’t going anywhere, there will just be a few new ones to go along with them, which has been how it’s been the entire time with various recurring roles.

45. andyy says:

i her that the good wife may need a jof so you could have the Good Suits

46. MLV says:

it feels like the show had it’s ending already. With Mike going to prison, the secret is out; the firm has lost its credibility and Rachel will become a lawyer without any ties to Mike. Not sure what the next season will start with, I have enjoyed this show tremendously and I felt last night was the end. I am not excited about seeing Mike in a jumpsuit; I loved the interaction of his smart mind working with Harvey; and that is now gone. Everything on paper with Harvard is a fraud; he cannot practice law as he clearly admitted that he is not a lawyer. I don’t want to have this turn into a soap opera. Not the best ending to a season I was hoping for.

47. Joey Padron says:

Good finale. Glad Mike hold off the wedding so Rachel can become a lawyer. Glad she and Mike are good. Mess up Katrina stab Louis in the back. Good time won’t be a time jump next season to see how Mike will be doing in his first night in jail. Good to know they’ll back some humor to the show again. Can’t wait for new season this summer!

48. Luis says:

I appreciate that “Suits” did not cop out and come up with some miracle escape hatch that allowed everything to go on business as usual. Good for Mike for accepting responsibility for his fraud and good that the firm suffered real world consequences from its actions. I’m just sorry Harvey still has a license to practice law, since it was his arrogance that got this ball rolling in the first place. It will be interesting to see what direction the show takes next season.

49. Kristy says:

Am I the only one who thought it was interesting that Gibbs said the plea agreement was negotiated by a competent attorney (Mike)” when she was prosecuting him for *not* being a competent attorney? It would seem to me she cannot have it both ways.

• Leo says:

I think that’s why Harvey shot her down with, “He’s not a competent attorney. He’s cutting a deal to plead guilty for fraud.” Maybe it’s not the wittiest comeback so people misunderstand the line.

50. Cathy Alpert says:

This is the best written and acted show on tv to date!!!
    We love the characters, the exciting story line, the clothes, the walk:), the acting!!!!!
    Can’t wait for summer to start up again!!
    It’s always on too short of a time!! :) We are never ready for the season to come to an end!!!