Fuller House Renewed

Fuller House Renewed for Season 2

That was fast: Fuller House has already been renewed for a second season.

Netflix made the announcement Wednesday morning on Twitter (see below). The pickup comes less than a week after the release of the much-hyped reboot’s 13-episode first season.

The Fuller House premiere picks up more than two decades after the events of Full House‘s series finale, on the occasion of a Tanner family reunion. The get-together  — which includes everyone but Michelle, whose absence is explained via a fourth wall-breaking joke — inspires DJ (Candace Cameron Buré), now a widowed mother of three, and Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin), a jet-setting deejay with no children or roots whatsoever, to move back into their childhood house. Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber), now a professional party planner, also makes herself at home.

TVLine readers gave Season 1 an average “B” grade.

Are you surprised Netflix acted so quickly in renewing the series? Regardless, are you happy the Season 1 finale didn’t end up being a series finale? Collect your thoughts and then deposit them into the comments section below.

1. Eva says:

Cool. It was surprisingly good.

2. J says:

Love this news! Hopefully it’s for more than 13 episodes because I binged S1 way too quick.

• Bryan says:

i dont think so. Havent seem them pick up a series for more than 15 eps

• Lauren says:

Yeah this is a case where we should just say thank you and not get greedy lol

• Will says:

Actually Netflix picked up the Ashton Kutcher/Danny Masterson sitcom comedy “The Ranch” where they play brothers for a first season of 20 episodes… to be released in two batches: 10 episodes at once, then 10 at a later time.

Personally I wished they would have gone this route with Fuller House… if they wait a full year between cycles then the kids will age so quickly. Plus it was way more enjoyable then I ever anticipated (having grown up with the series, I cringe at reruns).

• Natalie Carone says:

I did too in one night

3. Amanda says:

That’s awesome!!! I’m halfway through season 1 and it’s turned out better than I hoping too as I loved the original.

4. Cool. Five episodes in, I haven’t been disappointed.

5. Jaclyn says:

I knew they would!!! YAY! I hope they pick up more than 13 episodes..If Netflix does?? Anyway, super excited!!

6. Amy says:

I loved Fuller House. I am so excited it was renewed! Bring on season 2.

7. Elizabeth says:

Awesome! I can finish season one now knowing I will have more episodes to look forward to. I had been holding out on the last few episodes because I didn’t want it to end without knowing for sure if there would be more.

8. John Miller says:

That’s fine as I love the show. It is not as sappy sweet as Full House. It has been more modernized. Yet it is still a little sappy, but a sweet sappy!

9. Megan says:

So excited!!! They really captured the essence of the original series and modernized it wonderfully! Can’t wait for season 2!

10. Wendy says:

Not super surprised. All my older millennial friends watched it and where talking about it all weekend. Great bit of nostalgia with a bit of modern flair.

11. A fan of TV says:

Yes! Haters gonna hate, too bad there’s literally nothing else on television they could watch instead ;) I love this! A new generation of series for my kids, too.

12. 134sc says:

So happy to hear this news. I enjoyed season 1 quite a bit. A little surprised to hear the news so soon, but all that means is that a lot of people binged watched it this past weekend. Which by the way, is the perfect format for this series, dunno if it would retain interest if it was a weekly show.

As for season 2, I want more of the same, especially having the old cast pop up. They all fell into thier roles flawlessly, especially John Stamos. My only complaint about this past seaon is that the DJ love triangle wore on me near the end, it became a bit much in those last couple episodes.

13. Amy says:

Cant wait , finished season 1 in 2 days!

14. thisismenow says:

Hopefully the Olsen twins will make an appearance at some point in Season 2 :) Even if they want to phone in a Skype appearance on occasion for the series, it is better than having nothing.

15. Hopefully we get more episodes in season 2! Or they can at least release new seasons more frequently if they want to stick with the Netflix standard 13 episode season.

16. aashish says:

yay i hope there are more than 2

17. Debra Orloski says:

I am so glad that Fuller House was renewed for a second season!!!

Is Mistresses ever going to return for a new season? They left off leaving viewers up in the air.

18. Rob says:

Prediction: Fuller House will be reported as the most-watched (streamed, whatever the hell it is) Netflix original, Jodie Sweetin will kill it on DWTS making her a household name in houses other than those belonging to Full House fans, and seeing the success of both the show and the stars of the show, 1 or both Olsens will make a cameo in Season 2.

• Thea says:

I’m waiting on that Jodie/DWTS announcement myself. Hopefully she’ll do it, and kill it. *crosses fingers*

• A fan of TV says:

I’m not sure the Olsen twins will be enticed to show up because of the renewal or the chance to revisit the levels of fame from being in front of a camera that they both kinda ran away from once they turned 18. Ashley hates acting and is uncomfortable on camera, and Mary-Kate just got married, plus their fashion label is high-end, so increasing their association with something most critics think is horrifically low-brow may not interest them no matter what. I’d love one or both to do a guest shot, but I won’t hold my breath.

19. Drew says:

I’m happy to hear it! The critics have been slamming the show, but I really enjoy it. Even after the nostalgia element wears off, it’s a fun show, and a nice change of pace from most sitcoms today that are driven by the need to be “edgy” or whatever.
    I was expecting a renewal. Everyone was watching the show as soon as it premiered. Didn’t even have an impact on the normal TV ratings on Friday? So, I was expecting it. Just not so soon. :)

20. Eric says:

This makes me very happy.

21. Lola says:

Good news! I just hate the long wait time in between Netflix seasons.

22. Sammy says:

Most amahzing news of the day… can jusy watch the baby the whole day… they made the best choice for the young baby…

23. Coleen says:

Yay im glad they are coming back

24. David4 says:

I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner.

25. The series is amazing, the cast is perfect… except maybe for that latin husband of Kimmy’s, he is just annoying.

26. Rhonda says:

What did I miss?? 😞 How many episodes have aired and what network is showing them?? I had always thought the show was so very corny when I’d see my younger sisters watching it. But of course I’d sit and watch it too. There’s not enough good, clean shows like this one. 😊

• Drew says:

The series was produced by and streamed on Netflix. The first season (13 episodes) premiered last Friday. If you don’t have Netflix, they probably offer a free trial of some sort.

27. Melissa says:

Hell yeah buddy I’m so happy this show and girl meets world make me feel all nostalgic I love they are continuing 2 shows that I loved growing up

28. Sandy Duncan's Eye on Network TV says:

Hopefully they will use the downtime to hire some writers. The show is really really bad.

29. Jacklyn says:

I can’t wait season One was awesome!!!! Love they r going to do a season 2

30. Larry says:

Guess reviews dont mean anything

31. Rowan77 says:

All nostalgia aside, the show is just poorly written. I wanted to like it. I just can’t.

32. Linda Heil says:

This totally awesome news about season 2 of fuller house. I had no doubt that it make to season 2 and I’m sure it will go as far as full house or farther . I absolutely love Fuller House !!❤️❤️❤️❤️

33. Larry Harlow Jr says:

i hope michelle comes back for season 2

34. Emily says:

When?!

35. Candice McIntire says:

I have loved Full House and my children love it so needless to be said we LOVE Fuller House bring on Season 3 and 4 too!!!

36. Diz says:

Awesome news! Please get rid of Fernando.

37. George says:

I loved the first season can’t wait for the 2nd season

38. Mai says:

This is great news. I loved Full House, and having just finished Fuller House, enjoyed the new version too. They did a great job with Fuller House. I love how the new theme song is sung by a girl now, since it’s leads are three ladies. I also love how the theme sequence has the Full House theme alongside the new Fuller House ones. The show has enough appearances from the original adults too. The writing and dialogue is really good and funny. Thought I was gonna be Team Steve, but after watching the whole first season, I’m Team Matt now.

39. Jennifer says:

Love it just wish Michelle was in it!

40. When is season 2 of Fuller House premiering on Netflix and what channel is Fuller House on

41. Maria De La Rosa says:

Glad that there is going to be a season 2, love this show. Hoping it’s on netflix soon. Getting tired od watching season 1 it’s funny.

42. Frank C Iacobacci Jr says:

I’m glad there is going to be a season 2 of Fuller House too I loved The original series Full House

Sent from my iPhone

43. kathy says:

I thought it was great glad there is going to be a season 2.i loved watching full house still watch it and iam 64. But when is season 2
    Airing?

44. Kristina Alvarez-Babastro says:

I really enjoyed the 13 episode s can’t wait to see more I hope they continue more shoes once I started watching I couldn’t stop each time it got better thank you for making more episodes

45. My friends and I love watching Fuller House!!! Awesome set of actresses and actors!! Great storylines too!!