Pretty Little Liars Recap

Pretty Little Liars Recap: Old Flames

I’m admittedly uneducated when it comes to bridal showers, but I’m pretty sure they’re not supposed to end with the guests being turned into human s’mores.

The celebration of Hanna and Jordan’s love nearly went up in (literal) smoke on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars when an uninvited guest — hint: his or her name rhymes with “Müber A” — decided to turn up the heat. And while I’m not thrilled that it required Aria to turn extra-crispy, I am glad we got a nice “Ezria” moment at the hospital. (Get out of here, Liam.)

Of course, this was only a taste of what PLL‘s new, emoji-loving villain has in store for the girls if they don’t reveal the name of Charlotte’s killer — as if they know it! — by election night.

Elsewhere this week…

PREGNANT PAUSE | Tuesday’s episode also featured a flashback to less-happier times for Spencer and Toby — yes, even less happy than they are now — and revealed the reason behind their breakup. Apparently the couple had a bit of a pregnancy scare during Spencer’s sophomore year at Georgetown, which helped them realize they want different things from life. Remembering that heartbreaking event also inspired Spencer to tell Toby the truth about Caleb’s involvement in the Yvonne leak — which would have been a more-helpful revelation before Toby punched him in the money-maker — and to call Toby’s girlfriend with an apology of her own. (Side note: Did anyone else pick up on the chemistry between Ashley and Caleb at the Radley? … No? Just me? OK.)

OLD YOUNG SECRETS | Is it officially safe to cross Melissa off our list of suspects? This episode revealed that someone was blackmailing Spencer’s older sister, threatening to reveal who really killed our Bethany Young all those years ago, which is why she returned to Rosewood in the first place. … Actually, wait, that only makes her seem more guilty. I’m going to need a longer sheet of paper for this list.

Additional Thoughts:

* Is it weird that I have no idea who could have been driving the car that almost hit Emily last week? Like, genuinely, no clue. Any theories?

* I also don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about Mona. If this show has taught me anything, it’s that people — unless their name is Alison DiLaurentis — never change.

What were your big takeaways from this week’s PLLDrop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. NM says:

I still think Alison is somehow linked to whoever else may be working with Uber-A. The only person I can think of is someone else who knew Charlotte’s real identity, a DiLaurentis we’ve been made unaware of or some random follower in what may be a cult to Charlotte.

2. Cornelius says:

Can we talk about next weeks promo and what Hannah says!!!!?!

• NM says:

Calling bluff. She needs her friends to believe it so when she does confess that the Uber-A comes out of hiding. That or they’ve spotted a bug and are once again in on a bad plan to have Uber-A approach them.

3. lauri5567 says:

I thought Ashley decided to take a page out of Ezra’s book and move onto someone even younger than Jason, when she was talking to Caleb. BTW, Spencer public park benches are exactly hidden. I felt bad for Mona at the party. I think we are supposed to think Hanna is still in love with Caleb, and I get it a little, but also why is she so disconnected from her friends?
    Aria can’t tell Ezra. Why with his history of surveillance? Also, I predict they are going to be the first couple to slip back together.
    I’m more interested in all that drama and really don’t care who is Emoji-A. I will say the scene at the loft reminded me of the dollhouse.

• Shannon says:

You and Andy are so right, I picked up on chemistry between Caleb and Ashley in that scene too, and even a few other scenes in past seasons.

4. Jane says:

I laughed out loud during this whole episode. This show has got to be the most outlandish far-fetched garbage on television…They need to end it. The stories lines any more are complete absurd.

5. KDS says:

Does anyone else think that Aria might be the person with a twin? It’s possible that Sarah saw her at the diner and thought it was Aria.

• lauri5567 says:

At the end, Mona had the keychain the witness saw at the diner. I think the twin thing is a red herring thrown out in the interviews.

6. spu says:

I like Liam! He’s cute. In fact I like all the liars’ relationship statuses right now.

• karen says:

I like them now too. The fact that the moronic writers, producers, whoever! thinks they all have to get back together with their high school sweethearts proves only that they have no sense of reality. I’m seriously thinking of just reading up on recaps until the show ends to find out what happened, and just letting PLL go. It’s just too ridiculous – the way everyone is now makes sense -FINALLY!- and I don’t need the lunacy anymore!

7. cjcampbell08 says:

I think the person driving the truck was dr. Rawlins (sp)! He seems sketchy to me. I loved the Ezria scene soo much and I like the flashback scenes so we know what happened over the time jump.

8. Sarah says:

I think it’s interesting that after each episode, people comment about the hot chemistry between Caleb and whichever non-Hanna he was in a scene with. Did anyone else notice that? Spencer (a match), Mona, Ashley…

Also, I’m not sure I care who new A is. The liars haven’t learned to stop hiding these things. Sunlight is a disinfectant.

• lauri5567 says:

I just wonder why the liars haven’t learned about lawyers. Why would Aria go to a line up without a lawyer? My biggest reason for liking Jordan is that he knew when the police want to talk to you, you bring a lawyer.

9. Marco says:

Sorry Andy, but if there’s ONE ship other than Emison that was horrible, it was Ezria. Those two couples should just not be. I mean, he used her in order to write a book. A book he then PUBLISHED! Sorry, but it’s unforgivable.